Briefs: Better now, or still painful?

newsmike

Just now, visualstudios said:

You shouldn't get any offers for $12, if your base charge is $120, you should set that as the minimum, and you'll only get shown briefs above that. Of course that doesn't fix the problem of people wanting 50k words for that minimum price, which is the real issue. There's no way to fix that. 

No, it's that the problem is in the details. I have 120 set as minimum.  But what they do is use multiples, so they ask for 2,000 words on 10 videos at $12 each. I better just switch it off again.  No way to have AI parse and understand the goofiness factor. 

• Like 9

Just now, newsmike said:

No, it's that the problem is in the details. I have 120 set as minimum.  But what they do is use multiples, so they ask for 2,000 words on 10 videos at $12 each. I better just switch it off again.  No way to have AI parse and understand the goofiness factor. 

Ah, ok, so it's what I was saying - the brief budget does, in fact, match your cut off. The issue is what they are asking for that budget. That's easier to fix when you can define prices easily per word, or per minute, etc. In my field, it's impossible. I need project details, and a budget. That it's one minute or 10, 1 video or 10, by itself, doesn't mean anything. It's impossible to fix that.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Ah, ok, so it's what I was saying - the brief budget does, in fact, match your cut off. The issue is what they are asking for that budget. That's easier to fix when you can define prices easily per word, or per minute, etc. In my field, it's impossible. I need project details, and a budget. That it's one minute or 10, 1 video or 10, by itself, doesn't mean anything. It's impossible to fix that.

Wish they had something like this in the brief.  It calculates higher prices as you increase words.  

image.png.2a7ddf149c440184d9e4e11e019dbb28.png

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 9
  • Up 2

That is a solution that is applicable to voice overs, yes, but it's not applicable to many other verticals. So they could implement that for voice over briefs... but not for video briefs, for example. They would need to have different brief formats according to each vertical, which would make the brief system much more complicated to set up for them.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Wish they had something like this in the brief.  It calculates higher prices as you increase words.  

It's a bit stupid that for VoiceOvers they automatically increase deadlines and pricing based on the word count, but for writing they don't. People can do 20x your gig package and the deadline is still 1 day or whatever that package might have. Obviously people will order that because Fiverr allows it, and that's where many cancellations came from in my case at least.,

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It's a bit stupid that for VoiceOvers they automatically increase deadlines and pricing based on the word count, but for writing they don't. People can do 20x your gig package and the deadline is still 1 day or whatever that package might have. Obviously people will order that because Fiverr allows it, and that's where many cancellations came from in my case at least.,

Yes, that should be an option for you as well.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

Same as it ever was!

That is my experience of the current buyer briefs. I have twice asked if this NEO function is actually being used, since I'm still on the waiting list to try it out. If NEO is doing the matching - what a horrific fail that is!

The Fiverr announcement said this: " Leveraging the latest technology and cutting-edge algorithms to create a ground-breaking matching tool, Fiverr Neo™ offers faster, better, and more personalized experiences."

Oh really? With the ultimate irony, as I wrote this, I got another buyer brief that was a terrible mismatch.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

I got another buyer brief that was a terrible mismatch.

They use AI and neural networks for matchmaking based on what they said, so I can only assume that yes, it's the same technology more or less that does this matchmaking. So I am not exactly waiting for wonders when it comes to NEO. I just got a brief a few minutes ago, same thing.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, terrygrantvo said:

Bottom line is that no amount of AI is ever going to be able to fix the phenomena of people asking for $1000 worth of work for $12.

Well said! This is the essence of the problem with buyer requests/buyer briefs/NEO.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, terrygrantvo said:

Briefs are probably as good as their ever going to get, sadly.

I mean if people use them correctly, they are good. I had people that sent a brief and now they are a repeat customer. I just don't rely on briefs alone, because it's not something consistent. 

• Like 9

I have gained one amazing client through briefs, the VO eork is ongoing for a main character in a video game, so that was a huge win for me. But it's just the one. The vast majority are below budget, regardless of my limit, or their scams, or people asking for work, or people looking for a male voice-over for free to voice their dog for youtube videos. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, nickj2013 said:

I only keep it turned on because it's free.

It will always be free, I am sure no buyer would pay to be randomly paired with a seller that might not fit their needs. It's much easier to browse Fiverr and pick the seller they want, free of charge.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

On 8/9/2023 at 6:44 PM, newsmike said:

I recall when Briefs replaced Buyer Requests, I had them switched on for a month or so, and after determining that it was merely a new delivery method for the traditionally horrific requests, switched it off.  Is it any better now that it is powered by the lemony scent and whitening power of Neo?

Or is it still, "Hallo dear, give me job?"

I'm sorry to say that, from my experience, it's just as useless as it was before.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

13 minutes ago, bilal_designs77 said:

When I began freelancing on Fiverr, I used to send out numerous buyer requests, and as a result, I started receiving a decent number of orders through these requests. Therefore, it's safe to say that the buyer request feature has proven to be quite effective for me.

When? As you have a fresh account that was created 2 months ago?

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 8

Just now, michmikaia said:

When? As you have a fresh account that created 2 months ago?

When I began my journey, it wasn't using the same Fiverr ID as now. Around four years ago, my brother and I started designing logos when we were still in school. One day, our uncle mentioned that people were making money online. He didn't say the exact website, but he got us thinking about how to earn money through freelancing websites.

Curious, we decided to explore this idea more. We found a course on YouTube that explained how to do it. We did some research and started creating logos specifically for Fiverr. We quickly uploaded seven different services we could offer and worked hard to get people to notice us on Fiverr. And we succeeded!

But here's the sad part: our freelancing journey was cut short. We had to stop because of school commitments. Unfortunately, we didn't do a great job managing our orders, and some buyers gave us low ratings (2 to 3 stars) because our work wasn't up to par. This happened because we didn't focus enough on our freelancing work. So, that's the shorter version of our freelancing story. I hope this makes sense.

I've also attached some examples of the work we did when we first started.

Good luck with your own Fiverr journey! 😊

Logo With Colors.jpg

Monster Eye Color.jpg

single pack packaging design mockup.png

• Like 5
  • Up 1

@bilal_designs77: Several things don’t match your story.

50 minutes ago, bilal_designs77 said:

Around four years ago,

As mentioned by @michmikaia your account is 2 months old (not 4 years).

1 hour ago, bilal_designs77 said:

I started receiving a decent number of orders through these requests.

There is not a single review visible on your account.

50 minutes ago, bilal_designs77 said:

and some buyers gave us low ratings (2 to 3 stars

Same issue here: There is not a single review visible on your account.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2023 at 4:34 AM, noah_designer said:

But I'm curious to know if anyone is getting orders from Briefs!?

I don't like mentioning it, but I am one of the few sellers who regularly gets orders from Briefs (25-50% each month). I wish more sellers had success with this feature. I wouldn't mind if they just made this a new seller feature.

The rest of my orders are from repeat buyers, organic searches, Fiverr's Choice orders, and 1st-time buyer promotions. I use my Out-of-Office mode to slow down my orders and turn on Promoted Gigs if I need anything extra.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 8
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, vickieito said:

I don't like mentioning it, but I am one of the few sellers who regularly gets orders from Briefs (25-50% each month). I wish more sellers had success with this feature. I wouldn't mind if they just made this a new seller feature.

The rest of my orders are from repeat buyers, organic searches, Fiverr's Choice orders, and 1st-time buyer promotions. I use my Out-of-Office mode to slow down my orders and turn on Promoted Gigs if I need anything extra.

That's great!

• Like 6

21 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

@bilal_designs77: Several things don’t match your story.

As mentioned by @michmikaia your account is 2 months old (not 4 years).

There is not a single review visible on your account.

Same issue here: There is not a single review visible on your account.

This is my new ID. My old ID is unable to log in to Fiverr, so I believe this one will provide you with all the answers.

• Like 6