Client asking revisions again and again

noah_ethan_cti

Question

Hi I have unfortunately booked a client which I initially refused to serve due to way he's demanding too much in low budget. I have told him earlier that this wasn't possible in such a low budget. He came back because probably no one agreed to provide him high quality delivery in low budget which is also my mistake that I should have refused him too. But now I told him that the thing you are requesting is not possible in this meager budget. Now he's disturbing me that I asked you to add MCQs at ending slide which were not initially in the offer but i have added in first revision and told him that further revision are not free. Now he again requesting to add MCQs and blame me with the oldest first message that I asked you. What should I do now? Contact support or cancel the order? 

• Like 25
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

22 answers to this question

As you already realized that this buyer will ask for extra work without any payment and he also has a less budget, you should not took the project. Now, if the cancelation effects your account severely, you should fulfill his demand for the sake of your account otherwise ask for the cancelation on fiverr support.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, noah_ethan_cti said:

Hi I have unfortunately booked a client which I initially refused to serve due to way he's demanding too much in low budget. I have told him earlier that this wasn't possible in such a low budget. He came back because probably no one agreed to provide him high quality delivery in low budget which is also my mistake that I should have refused him too. But now I told him that the thing you are requesting is not possible in this meager budget. Now he's disturbing me that I asked you to add MCQs at ending slide which were not initially in the offer but i have added in first revision and told him that further revision are not free. Now he again requesting to add MCQs and blame me with the oldest first message that I asked you. What should I do now? Contact support or cancel the order? 

Very bad

• Like 22
  • Up 1

Classic sting and most of us have been through this. Many people ask for a discount; some are very nice about it. But if a buyer's initial communication is demanding and pushy - run. Run for the hills. Because they will take your discount and then bleed you dry with revisions, no matter what they've agreed to. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wayne_mt said:

Have you tried creating a itemized list that communicates the work you have completed on the project?

Already did but he is so demanding that I m totally fed up of him. I already told him that the things you are demanding are way expensive for the budget you have but he is stubborn

• Like 18
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 10:40 AM, noah_ethan_cti said:

Contact support or cancel the order? 

Contact support and never cancel the order. Order cancelation may affect your profile. Also, be polite with the client otherwise he will leave bad reviews and ratings. Last, learn a lesson and never do the project for a client who is willing to buy a whole elephant for just a few dollars.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I am experiencing the same issue with a Buyer. I am a level 2 seller with over fifty 5-star reviews and this buyer is abusing the system to get free work. I allow for two revisions and he has rejected up to 6 already. Upon further research of the company that he represents, we found multiple negative reviews on Google and other platforms from freelancers that he has never paid them after the work is completed. If Buyers know that Fiverr will not payout unless the deliverable is accepted, than some of them will abuse the system and freelancers will lose out on the pay for their hours invested in the project. This is especially hard on those that provide services that are not tangible items (example Google ads management, conversion tracking, Analytic reports, web audits, web design, etc). What safety measures are in place so that Sellers are not ripped off from shady and deceptive buyers? it seems that there is none. Very disappointed in the experience this has caused. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

I am also going through this very thing right now. I have delivered beyond what was in the original offer. Because they keep constantly asking for revisions which is honestly sad. I can't believe that I am still waiting for them to accept the delivery. They will possibly just ask for another revision.  

• Like 16
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

I have dealt with support when buyers made a deal with a budget less than required.
Unfortunately, support was limited to general words and links to tips.
And it was possible to cancel transactions in the standard way. It is absolutely not clear why this should affect the reputation of the seller, if the fault of the buyer.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 11:10 AM, noah_ethan_cti said:

FYI: As I read before few days even after you will cancel the order buyer can submit review and rate order.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Fiverr customer support has to do a better job in protecting Sellers from buyers that are dishonest and abuse the system. I had the same issue on a $575 order.  Customer support does nothing even after providing proof that the buyer requested revisions just to cancel after the services have been completed and that they use multiple profiles (usernames) and have done the same to other freelancers. Very disappointed in the support given even to a seller that has over 130 orders with not one single issue. 

Buyers abuse the system for free work and the Seller is the one that loses time and money.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 10:40 AM, noah_ethan_cti said:

Contact the fiverr support team and tell them the whole story. They will help you with that order. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2023 at 9:29 AM, williecampos78 said:

Fiverr customer support has to do a better job in protecting Sellers from buyers that are dishonest and abuse the system. I had the same issue on a $575 order.  Customer support does nothing even after providing proof that the buyer requested revisions just to cancel after the services have been completed and that they use multiple profiles (usernames) and have done the same to other freelancers. Very disappointed in the support given even to a seller that has over 130 orders with not one single issue. 

Buyers abuse the system for free work and the Seller is the one that loses time and money.

Very true. First they ask for a superb quality work of $500-600 in $100 and then abuse the seller by asking unnecessary and high demanding revisions 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2023 at 2:47 PM, noah_ethan_cti said:

First they ask for a superb quality work of $500-600 in $100 and then abuse the seller by asking unnecessary and high demanding revisions 

Don't work with anyone asking for massive discounts straight out of the stalls. If they don't respect your rates, they don't respect your time or you. 

• Like 5

On 7/24/2023 at 6:17 PM, noah_ethan_cti said:

Very true. First they ask for a superb quality work of $500-600 in $100 and then abuse the seller by asking unnecessary and high demanding revisions 

It's true, but I think I have a valid point on this. First of all, Fiverr has given me full freedom to decide pricing for my service, so I shouldn't complain about this. I have already set the pricing by considering my efforts, so I offer a maximum 10% discount for new clients. For repeat clients, I offer more discount if I find the client to be really professional and capable of understanding business ethics.

If I find a client asking for more and more work, I don't refuse, but I keep them as a lower priority. And I believe that your skills matter here. It's not about giving everything they want but making them aware that you are doing work that is not part of the original order. Many times, I clearly explain to them, saying something like, 'I will do 'this,' but please consider that I have to spend a lot of time doing things like...'

I have also faced this kind of problem, but it's totally out of my control. 

I had a client a couple of months ago who placed an order in June, and I delivered the order in the next 2 days. He kept requesting revisions every 3rd day, just a few hours before the order was due to auto-complete. He would only add the text 'Have a revision' and then go offline without providing any details about the revision. I asked many times, 'Please let me know what the revision entails,' but no response. Other hand, according to Fiverr rule I count deliver blank revision. Finally, the order was completed more than one month later. It’s difficult to want for completed work.

Another client placed two orders. After one month of completing the order, I received a notification that Fiverr support had canceled both orders. The total amount was more than $700. Fiverr support didn't even mention why the order was canceled. After raising a ticket, support told me that the client had requested a refund through PayPal, so Fiverr support couldn't do anything about it.

Fiverr definitely needs to address these issues. While there are ways to deal with people who misuse Fiverr, there are also many genuinely good people on the platform.

In the end, it's a bit bitter to accept, but I believe that if I can't do business on Fiverr, then I may not be the right person for this platform. It's better to move on and not blame anyone or Fiverr. And here you need to rethink about your carrier/business/goal.

I hope this helps you in your freelancing career.

Best of luck.

• Like 2

We've all experienced this classic sting. Numerous people request discounts, some of whom are very polite about it. However, avoid a buyer whose initial communication is pushy and demanding. Escape to the hills. Because no matter what they've agreed to, they will take your discount and then bleed you dry with revisions.