Jump to content

Update: Display Name in your profile! Mandatory!


Zahid I.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, leannelrivers said:

I think it's a decent little feature to have, especially for those sellers who now regret choosing permanent user names

Since it shows both and the username is part of the URL and it only allows searches currently with the username then unless the system was changed then it won't really help that much if users have chosen a really bad username since it will still show it.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 38
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2023 at 6:15 AM, miiila said:

I'll try if I can edit for non-business profile later today.

On 3/17/2023 at 6:17 AM, catwriter said:

I wonder if you'd be able to change it to a nickname or just name now (and if you can, if there would be consequences, like no longer being eligible for the Business profile).

Yes, it seems to have worked, the change carried over to both normal and business profile, as far as I can see. No idea if it will have any consequences on my business profile, though, I guess I'll see if I get notifications to get approved again or prompts to change it. 

  • Like 32
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, leannelrivers said:

I think it's a decent little feature to have, especially for those sellers who now regret choosing permanent user names like dogfarts1234. That's not a real seller name (I hope), but y'know what I mean. 

The thing is that both display name and username do show, though, so it doesn't really help with very unfortunate usernames. 😅

It would be best to have user IDs like, e.g., DisplayName @ 2016-8745 (where display name can either be a personal first name, first name + last name, nickname, or company name, depending, the number being a unique identifier, replacing "dogfarts123" in your example, the first 4 could be the year of joining, the last ones assigned in order of registering accounts, or if too many, yyyy-mm-dd-......, something like that).

After how "Top Clients" went, I'd not be astonished to see things like Fiverr_Pro, Coca-Cola, etc. as display names, though, if any kind of nickname is permitted... so, maybe limiting it to personal name, short form of personal name, company name might prove needed... and if the personal name nickname won't get cross-checked with the actual name the seller's payment source or ID shows... Well.

  • Like 24
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, miiila said:

It would be best to have user IDs like, e.g., DisplayName @ 2016-8745 (where display name can either be a personal first name, first name + last name, nickname, or company name, depending, the number being a unique identifier, replacing "dogfarts123" in your example, the first 4 could be the year of joining, the last ones assigned in order of registering accounts, or if too many, yyyy-mm-dd-......, something like that).

All users are also already identified in the system (but not shown on screen) by a numerical user id (or seller id as it sometimes calls it for sellers). eg. if you look at the profile page source I'm seller_id / user_id 51613051, and that goes up sequentially it seems (people who joined later have higher numbers for it). Maybe that number could be used in the URL or it could put some form of the display name + an identifier there like you suggest. They probably don't want to keep changing the URL of the profile though so that old links will work.

22 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

What happened with Top Clients?

People added ones even when they haven't actually done work for those companies.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, mdalamin334 said:

It's worth noting that Fiverr allows buyers to post requests for specific services they need. In these requests, the buyer's first name and last initial may be displayed to sellers who respond to the request. However, this is not the same as a display name and is only used in the context of the buyer request feature.

Did ChatGPT write that? There is no "buyer request" feature now (though there's briefs). I don't think it's ever shown the buyer's first name and last initial in buyer requests. It could show their username (at least in the app, in the browser version it was harder to view it). In the current briefs it also doesn't show their first name and last initial, but it does show the buyer's username. Maybe if the user is a seller as well as a buyer it might show the new displayname for buyers in the inbox if they've set it.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 27
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, fact_design said:

I am a new seller on Fiverr. I noticed that, in the Profile section, the New Display Name (Your Display Name) option is available. Now I have a question, is it mandatory to set this Display Name?

You can set that. But this is not mandatory.

 

  • Like 27
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Did ChatGPT write that? There is no "buyer request" feature now (though there's briefs). I don't think it's ever shown the buyer's first name and last initial in buyer requests. It could show their username (at least in the app, in the browser version it was harder to view it). In the current briefs it also doesn't show their first name and last initial, but it does show the buyer's username. Maybe if the user is a seller as well as a buyer it might show the new displayname for buyers in the inbox if they've set it.

All his posts are using chatGPT. Look at the font. Look at the start of the last paragraph. That is the default structure for Chatgpt for a summary. Some people should start using chatGPT as their usernames. No one is going to notice the difference.

  • Like 26
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@markp @uk1000 Apologies, but I believe I was attempting to get that information for myself as well. Although I felt compelled to contribute, I have no illegitimate plans for using it.


Even the final few sentences, which I removed, are still there.


I had those comments in a random order so I thought I should try to organize them better using artificial intelligence (AI), but I got it and I'm never going to use it again.


I hope you will understand.

I'm here to learn and to share.

Edited by mdalamin334
  • Like 24
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mdalamin334 said:

I had those comments in a random order so I thought I should try to organize them better using artificial intelligence (AI), but I got it and I'm never going to use it again.

Personally I think we should be able to use AI if it gives the right answer and if we are following the forum rules about it. And if it's just rewording sentences you write yourself (a bit like Grammarly might) then I don't see why that would be wrong either really as long as it follows the forum rules, where some people have said we need to say when it's used. Ideally one of the moderators / mods could amend the forum rules (at https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/253722-community-standards-forum-rules-2021/?tab=comments#comment-1536330 or a later version to say exactly under what conditions ChatGPT can be used in a post (if it can) - eg. are we allowed to use in quotes where we say that that section is from ChatGPT? If so then that could be part of the forum rule about when it can be used.

 

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 24
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, f_chy98 said:

How we will benefited by create username? If we make it SEO friendly, it can helps to gig rank?

It won't be searchable through the Fiverr search engine as it currently is.

In the help page at https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/13409224346257

it says:

Quote

4. Will buyers have to search for my display name in order to find me?
Currently, buyers will be able to search and find you via your username

So while it might help find your profile through normal search engines it won't through Fiverr's search bar.

  • Like 25
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

It won't be searchable through the Fiverr search engine as it currently is.

In the help page at https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/13409224346257

it says:

So while it might help find your profile through normal search engines it won't through Fiverr's search bar.

yes, you are right. Display name can't help us to find my gig. I find my profile by username not display name by searching on fiver

  • Like 23
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm positive! I think it makes our profile more personal and it certainly gives off a better impression when you're a freelancer to use ones name instead of some random username you made back in 2014 - like I did when I just wanted a guy to sing for five dollars. I started selling and I still find messages starting with "Hello Smash" or "How are you, Mr. Radio?". 

 

  • Like 25
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, gayanchamira said:

Fiverr team introduce new  options to sellers and buyers to attractive and comfortable service so like to know how we get that benefits as a sellers and whats are the new trends to be adopted on the platform in this year

How to access it please 

  • Like 21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2023 at 3:28 PM, miiila said:

You seem to have read a different forum than I

I'm the Team Lead of the Community Leadership Team in Bangladesh and work closely with the community, a few other community leadership teams, and Fiverr Community Department. Fiverr wants to listen to the community. Therefore, the Fiverr community leadership team interacts with Fiverr sellers through in-person and virtual events, group discussions, and clubs on the Fiverr forum. We are sharing insights from the community, and Fiverr makes changes based on what they believe is best.


Over the years, Fiverr sellers from different countries asked for a feature like this. @smashradio ( LEO) described this in a great way.

On 3/20/2023 at 4:41 AM, smashradio said:

I'm positive! I think it makes our profile more personal and it certainly gives off a better impression when you're a freelancer to use ones name instead of some random username you made back in 2014 - like I did when I just wanted a guy to sing for five dollars. I started selling and I still find messages starting with "Hello Smash" or "How are you, Mr. Radio?". 

This also helps to unite the community by addressing each other by their name. I am not sure if anyone has any personal concerns about this like @uk1000 😁
However, in the post, the educational link was attached to know more details about this.

 

However, I'm still curious about this feature as the Display name is only visible on the profile page. Not in the gig page (About The Seller) Section. And maybe it will not be available in the messages section as well.
 

What do you guys think about this? @miiila @smashradio @uk1000 @donnovan86 and more.

  • Like 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

However, I'm still curious about this feature as the Display name is only visible on the profile page. Not in the gig page (About The Seller) Section. And maybe it will not be available in the messages section as well.
 

What do you guys think about this? @miiila @smashradio @uk1000 @donnovan86 and more.

I think this is part of Fiverr moving up-market. Usernames are not very compatible with that strategy, as recruiters are looking for real people. This change was first launched on the Fiverr Business version of the platform ages ago, where I have been going by the name Leo L. since the separate gig listings and profiles were launched. 

It's likely that it will pop up elsewhere as well, after Fiverr have had some time to analyze it. 

  • Like 22
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...