What's the last movie you watched?

katakatica

• 2 weeks later...

I recently watched an indie sci-fi film called 'Vesper', and it was really bad. The pacing was so slow that I genuinely felt pain from the amount of boredom I experienced, haha. I do not recommend watching it, and I wish I could have my £2.50 and 2 hours back!

However, I also recently watched 'The Whale', which was really good despite being slightly heartbreaking at times.

• Like 26
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

The other movie thread got bumped, so...

On 1/21/2023 at 3:36 PM, vickieito said:

The last movie I watched was "A Man Called Otto" with Tom Hanks. He does a great job playing a grumpy, old man and reminds me of my Dad. 😂

I watched it too! Made me cry in a few spots (happy and sad tears). Cute, and heartbreaking, and funny, and very slice-of-life.

Did you watch on disk? We did and the extra content included how the director team adapted and translated it from a Swedish book. I'm a proponent of "read the book before you watch the movie", but I sadly only know English. From what was presented in the disk extra, it seemed they were faithful to the spirit of the story, even if localization had to adapt for its target audience (me included!).

"...and you are not stupid." -Otto

---

Also recently watched Little Shop of Horrors, and other than being very impressed with the puppetry, I'd like my hour back, please.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

The other movie thread got bumped, so...

I watched it too! Made me cry in a few spots (happy and sad tears). Cute, and heartbreaking, and funny, and very slice-of-life.

Did you watch on disk? We did and the extra content included how the director team adapted and translated it from a Swedish book. I'm a proponent of "read the book before you watch the movie", but I sadly only know English. From what was presented in the disk extra, it seemed they were faithful to the spirit of the story, even if localization had to adapt for its target audience (me included!).

"...and you are not stupid." -Otto

---

Also recently watched Little Shop of Horrors, and other than being very impressed with the puppetry, I'd like my hour back, please.

The title "A Man Called Otto" reminded me of another movie titled "The Man From Earth", do check it out if you haven't, it's interesting.

But yes, "A Man Called Otto" was good too, Tom Hanks is a natural. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2023 at 2:40 PM, breals said:

Jaws - I can't believe it's nearly 50 years old.  Sure it looks a little bit dated, but it still puts the frighteners up me and continues to give me a fear of deep water. 

Original-Jaws-Poster-1975-760x400.jpeg

Now with the stories of killer whales attacking ships, more than ever.

But back to topic: I watched Surburbicon, it was a bit odd, but I loved the retro setting.

Edited by xxjana_1234
  • Like 25
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2