What's the last movie you watched?

katakatica

Okay, movies are..

They used to be something I'd either consume in bulk (think bing-watching horror movies for 3 days and then having nightmares for a week) OR just ignore completely, but lately, things have changed a bit. I like curling up in bed with some snacks (I do NOT like chili licorice though, it's not as good as I thought it would be) and just chilling with something fun or scary. 

Last night, I watched the Babysitter which was... interesting (but fun.) 

So I'm wondering, have you watched anything fun lately? (or maybe... you watched something awful... we've had bad luck with series these days ha.) 

• Like 57
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, katakatica said:

So I'm wondering, have you watched anything fun lately?

Hi @katakatica!

The last movie I watched was "A Man Called Otto" with Tom Hanks. He does a great job playing a grumpy, old man and reminds me of my Dad. 😂

For series ...I finally started watching "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" (after many recommendations from family and friends). It's feel-good and refreshing to watch. It's really fun to see thing through Attorney Woo's eyes and I love all the whale facts that she shares. I also like the longer episodes and seeing how everything ties together at the end of each episode.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 44
  • Thanks 5

I saw an almost 2-hour-long Detective Columbo episode, directed by then 24-year-old Steven Spielberg...
Does that count as a movie? I really got into Columbo when I was maybe 9 or so, I saw the entire series in English and when I came back to
Japan I remember reading the entire series in Japanese at the school library!

If it has to be a movie-movie, I think the last one I saw was the Hollywood version of the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo.

LOVE the bank scene!!

• Like 44
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

Pa negre (Black bread). As Catalan, I am very proud of this movie based on Emili Teixidor's book.

The film won thirteen Gaudí Awards, nine Goya Awards, including best film, best director and best adapted screenplay. It clinched a selection as the Spanish entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 84th Academy Awards, becoming the first Catalan-language film to do so.

Edited by spaintranslator
  • Like 35
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, rachelbostwick said:

See, now it's Roman Holiday. That movie was so wonderful. Romantic and light and also bittersweet. Cried in the movie theatre and giggled throughout with my 18-year-old daughter. I was so happy.

giphy.gif

Hey Rach, It does my heart good to see you crazy young kids watching classic movies. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zst8mcbp8jnhevz1bj

• Like 33
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rachelbostwick said:

Me too 🥰 Post some recommendations then 🙂

Just finished Larceny, Inc. A comedy with Edward G Robinson. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034965/

And because I absolutely love noir

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033740/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

I give these both an A rating, for which "Goodfellas" is the standard to measure by. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 35
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 6:34 PM, stefficolbert said:

"All Quiet on the Western Front"

It's a great movie.

Now I am re-watching "The Walking Dead", it'll be a binge!

I recommend 1917 too. If you like western front, you would probbly like 1917 also.

Its amazing.

On 1/27/2023 at 8:49 AM, muzamil1607 said:

"Tenet" directed by Christopher Nolan, it is an action thriller film starring John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, and Elizabeth Debicki.

I am not particularly a stupid guy(just a little bit). But i watched that movie like 10 times. And im still having trouble of understanding it.

On 1/21/2023 at 11:25 PM, katakatica said:

Okay, movies are..

They used to be something I'd either consume in bulk (think bing-watching horror movies for 3 days and then having nightmares for a week) OR just ignore completely, but lately, things have changed a bit. I like curling up in bed with some snacks (I do NOT like chili licorice though, it's not as good as I thought it would be) and just chilling with something fun or scary. 

Last night, I watched the Babysitter which was... interesting (but fun.) 

So I'm wondering, have you watched anything fun lately? (or maybe... you watched something awful... we've had bad luck with series these days ha.) 

Did you watch, herediatery? 

• Like 24
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...