The insights feature has officially launched. (probably)

frank_d

12 hours ago, frank_d said:

Update: I found where buyers have to go to opt out:

Click on your profile photo on the top right of your dashboard, then click on “view profile” and scroll all the way to the bottom.

81EB52F9-BB6C-4175-AC95-DDAB20AC91E8.jpeg

D337B81E-1F6D-4ED8-A8B2-0FA25D305F21.jpeg

A discovery I've made is that if you've had an order with a seller, the seller will always be able to see buyer's data relevant to them under the "with you" tab (meaning only data from the orders the buyer and seller has done together). The data a buyer can completely opt out from (as in the picture) falls under the "On Fiverr" tab, which is of course all their orders done on Fiverr.

Well it does make sense I guess why data under the "With you" tab doesn't go away. The seller will always have known this data in the first place, its just.... well organized now. Haha.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, theratypist said:

A discovery I've made is that if you've had an order with a seller, the seller will always be able to see buyer's data relevant to them under the "with you" tab (meaning only data from the orders the buyer and seller has done together). The data a buyer can completely opt out from (as in the picture) falls under the "On Fiverr" tab, which is of course all their orders done on Fiverr.

Well it does make sense I guess why data under the "With you" tab doesn't go away. The seller will always have known this data in the first place, its just.... well organized now. Haha.

Yes that's true. But we always had access to that data, via the past orders button.

Now it's available at a glance. 🙂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, frank_d said:

Update: I found where buyers have to go to opt out:

Thanks. It still should be opt-in rather than opt-out - they shouldn't share it by default without telling the buyer first

25 minutes ago, theratypist said:

The seller will always have known this data in the first place, its just.... well organized now. Haha.

though they may not necessarily know what their average order value is including tips or what the the subcategory the mostly buy from without maybe doing some spreadsheet from exported orders.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Thanks. It still should be opt-in rather than opt-out - they shouldn't share it by default without telling the buyer first.

Please reach out to Fiverr if you want to voice your concerns.

• Like 9
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, frank_d said:

Please reach out to Fiverr if you want to voice your concerns.

I did last Thursday and they said they'd forward it and then update the ticket but they've not updated it since then.

It's not super important it's mostly the principle. They're showing financial info that they don't show the buyers themselves really and by default.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I did last Thursday and they said they'd forward it and then update the ticket but they've not updated it since then.

It's not super important it's mostly the principle. They're showing financial info that they don't show the buyers themselves really and by default.

I understand it’s a matter of principle, however, their legal department cleared this obviously.

Voicing your concern/opinion is just about the only thing you can do about it.

Since this is a complicated product, I assume that the CS agent forwarded this to the team running this feature and they in turn had to contact legal. So this will be a while, for sure.

• Like 7
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

@frank_d 2 questions on clubs. Are they IP restricted, so for example, could someone from UK join the India club?  And is US on the list?

As far as I know it’s strictly local. So you can only join your region’s club for sure. 

Not 100% sure if it’s a technical restriction and how it will be implemented. I can check.

Yes there are multiple US clubs actually. I saw at least 8–10 states listed for sure.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, frank_d said:

As far as I know it’s strictly local. So you can only join your region’s club for sure. 

Ah, I'd actually been hoping that the club idea would be more like the Lounge was, a bit more elaborate, for people to talk based on other common grounds than locality. I've got local people around me already, after all, haha. But I understand the idea, of course.

So, still nothing in sight for a forum experience with less white noise, other than just mingling with people from your own country? After all this time? (Spot the quote!) Or is there?

• Like 5
  • Up 5

8 minutes ago, miiila said:

Ah, I'd actually been hoping that the club idea would be more like the Lounge was, a bit more elaborate, for people to talk based on other common grounds than locality. I've got local people around me already, after all, haha. But I understand the idea, of course.

So, still nothing in sight for a forum experience with less white noise, other than just mingling with people from your own country? After all this time? (Spot the quote!) Or is there?

It is my understanding that the people in charge of the community don't want to create such inclusive experiences. 

It's been a couple of weeks since I talked to the team leader, so let me see if I can learn any new developments.

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, frank_d said:

It is my understanding that the people in charge of the community don't want to create such inclusive experiences

Well, creating clubs for specific countries sounds inclusive to me, too, and it did sound as if some more lounge-y things were planned, a few times, and it definitely had been asked for by the community, but it's good to know that in any case, thank you!

• Like 5
  • Up 4

12 minutes ago, miiila said:

Well, creating clubs for specific countries sounds inclusive to me, too, and it did sound as if some more lounge-y things were planned, a few times, and it definitely had been asked for by the community, but it's good to know that in any case, thank you!

The clubs are created with the sole purpose of finally being able to organize local in-person meetings and events.

So yes, when seen in the forum context, it sounds inclusive, but their core function is to be able to quickly organize and meet in-person. So even if you would be able to join the NYC club, it wouldn't benefit you since you are not able to join their events.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

their core function is to be able to quickly organize and meet in-person

How does this work with the rule to not share personal contact information?

If, for example, you and I were to meet locally, what would prevent us from exchanging personal email addresses and other contact details so that you can hire me when you need me, and avoid paying Fiverr fees?

• Like 9
  • Up 2

Excited to see what it's like, but doesn't sound like it will cater for nomad workers / travellers. I find it a bit surprising given Fiverr had an open position for a Chief Digital Nomad a few years ago and have a press push soon to talk about those that travel and work on Fiverr.

• Like 7
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, catwriter said:

How does this work with the rule to not share personal contact information?

If, for example, you and I were to meet locally, what would prevent us from exchanging personal email addresses and other contact details so that you can hire me when you need me, and avoid paying Fiverr fees?

We had in-person meetups prior to Covid.

So nothing has changed on that front. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

How is everyone finding the insights feature so far? 

It has been rather helpful on my end. I always charge accordingly as what the project requires just as before, and respond to anyone who reaches out. But I can totally see how one buyer doesn't follow through when their ave order is wayyyy below the project quote. It is indeed *insightful*

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, miiila said:

Ah, I'd actually been hoping that the club idea would be more like the Lounge was, a bit more elaborate, for people to talk based on other common grounds than locality.

Yes, absolutely.  The need is for place to talk to the 25 or so people from 25 countries that don't p*ss me off. My friends in other words. Nomination for acceptance after that to allow great folks in. Yes. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I'm an incredibly unsocial person, so I'm quite confused about these separate location-specific groups. What is the point of in-person meetups specifically? Is this just for people who enjoy getting out and doing in-person things or will there be some other benefit that we recluses will miss out on? It doesn't seem like many Fiverr services offered have anything to do with geographic location: i.e., no one's offering plumbing services here.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, melanielm said:

I'm an incredibly unsocial person, so I'm quite confused about these separate location-specific groups. What is the point of in-person meetups specifically? Is this just for people who enjoy getting out and doing in-person things or will there be some other benefit that we recluses will miss out on? It doesn't seem like many Fiverr services offered have anything to do with geographic location: i.e., no one's offering plumbing services here.

Before Covid-19 Fiverr had a lot of in-person events across the globe.

Remember all the webinars I did? Before Covid, most of them were actual in-person events.

I am not saying that all webinars will stop and now everything will be in-person.

But for example: I am trying for a couple of months now to organize an online workshop.

The tools that Fiverr allows me to use, are not cutting it.

If I were to fly out to let's say London and do the workshop in person, it would be much easier, as I need to interact with participants a lot. 

Just like you don't like social interactions, other people prefer in-person meetups, vs staring at a screen.

I for one miss travelling, networking and seeing people in-person, forming connections and relationships.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Helping you out, Frank! I recall that they discussed this in the forum back then.

Some previous meet-ups right here. Others can be found under "Community Events" under the Events category.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Remember that this is a community and we are all working in isolation, both due to the nature of freelancing and due to the pandemic.

So in my opinion in-person meetups whether through clubs or otherwise, will help people connect and feel like a part of something.

I speak with fellow forum members in private quite a bit and developing relationships is part of the human nature, not to mention what it does in terms of growth.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, frank_d said:

Remember all the webinars I did? Before Covid, most of them were actual in-person events.

Just like you don't like social interactions, other people prefer in-person meetups, vs staring at a screen.

Thanks for the information as always, Frank. I actually wasn't aware Fiverr ever had in-person events on a regular basis. I do think it's great to offer such things to people.

I have to figure out how to stay informed about the news of the site other than chancing across information on the forum.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2