Gig title punctuation and grammar does not display properly

mark_sgp

Question

Hi - 

I notice that when I update my gig title correctly, it saves without any issues but still does not display properly on my "manage gigs" page under "Active Gigs". In this case, "English" is not capitalized but should be, and the gig title itself displays as a sentence fragment.  Do potential buyers have a view like this? It looks a bit sloppy and embarrassing when trying to pitch proofreading services 😉 

image.png.1e40d12351793ad2d9308054967e1ad0.png

• Like 5

3 answers to this question

On 4/26/2024 at 11:29 AM, mark_sgp said:

Hi - 

I notice that when I update my gig title correctly, it saves without any issues but still does not display properly on my "manage gigs" page under "Active Gigs". In this case, "English" is not capitalized but should be, and the gig title itself displays as a sentence fragment.  Do potential buyers have a view like this? It looks a bit sloppy and embarrassing when trying to pitch proofreading services 😉 

image.png.1e40d12351793ad2d9308054967e1ad0.png

No, you can't capitalize any letter in your gig title as it is a continued sentence that starts with "I will" and then you write your title as follows. 

*If you use capital letters it will automatically convert them to small letters.

• Like 5

On 4/27/2024 at 6:26 PM, ahmad_freelancr said:

No, you can't capitalize any letter in your gig title as it is a continued sentence that starts with "I will" and then you write your title as follows. 

*If you use capital letters it will automatically convert them to small letters.

Hmmm - that sounds like a bug. "English" should always be capitalized. 

• Like 4

On 4/27/2024 at 11:26 AM, ahmad_freelancr said:

If you use capital letters it will automatically convert them to small letters.

Not all of them. And it's changed over the years.

eg. HTML will stay as HTML if you enter it like that.

so will CRM, UI and UX and SEO and KDP.

Also VA stays capitalized, so does HQ, UK, US, USA, VR, CSS, HD and SAS, BBQ, PPC.

PSD, CV, AWS, HR and PHP also stay capitalised. Maybe it's all the ones where it's not just the 1st letter that's capitalised stay capitalised. The word "I" also can stay capitalised (after the 1st I).

It seems like British used to stay capitalized up until sometime in 2013 (or about then) but since then they're all lower-case.

You could suggest it to Fiverr customer support (for it to keep the formatting, at least of a list of words like "English")  since it does look bad, especially in the writing & translation category.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6