Russian freelancers are not welcome here anymore?

Hello there! 
Couple of years ago I've decided to become an independent illustrator and choose the Fiverr platform to find clients; all was great and I've even started to believe that there might be a bright future, until someone (who cannot be named) decided to start a small ̶v̶i̶c̶t̶o̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ war. 
Since that many organisations decided to cancel russians, who have nothing to do with the events in Ukraine (someone even decided to ban russian cats, lol, what a shame). PayPal and Payoneer don't work in my country anymore, so I can't continue to work as a freelancer here, I can't even withdraw my money...
But there was a time when Fiverr accepted cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) as a payment method, so is there any chance to enable it again or make such an exception for russian sellers? I guess you shouldn't worry about our taxes, I think there are no russians who really want to pay for the war or even support it.
Thank you for your attention!  

• Like 51
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 22
  • Up 6

4 hours ago, luv_draft said:

But there was a time when Fiverr accepted cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) as a payment method, so is there any chance to enable it again or make such an exception for russian sellers?

I wasn't aware that Fiverr accepted crypto. I'm not how how that would work considering how volatile it is from one moment to the next. I'm really sorry that you're going through this. 

• Like 33

37 minutes ago, enunciator said:

Wait, what? I don't know much about the history of Fiverr, but is that actually true?!

I think that some people mentioned that, for a while, crypto was accepted, but that was years ago, before I joined (in 2014).

4 hours ago, luv_draft said:

But there was a time when Fiverr accepted cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) as a payment method, so is there any chance to enable it again or make such an exception for russian sellers?

Every now and then someone suggests it (even without a war), but that suggestion just gets ignored by Fiverr.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, luv_draft said:

PayPal and Payoneer don't work in my country anymore, so I can't continue to work as a freelancer here, I can't even withdraw my money...

Do you have a Payoneer account already? I believe the limitation only applies to new users from Russia. Established users can continue to use Payoneer... for now.

• Like 33
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

This is the latest information. Payoneer is working... At least for now. Even for new customers. 

https://community.payoneer.com/en/discussion/79439/payoneer-in-russia

We have made the decision to suspend the ability for new customers in Russia to use Payoneer services as such any new Russian customers signing up to our service will only be able to receive payments from marketplaces.

The funds in your Payoneer account are safe and we continue to serve our existing customers in Russia in line with the limitations imposed by international sanctions on Russian banks. 

In other words, it works as a transfer account. You request money from Fiverr, and get them to your bank account. 

All other services violate the current legislation. 

IMG_20220306_151857_460.jpg

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 44
  • Congrats! 3

5 minutes ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

This is the latest information. Payoneer is working... At least for now. Even for new customers. 

So my post contains information that's slightly outdated (I miss the edit button!). Thanks for the update. Everything's changing so fast.

• Like 29

I just recently registered here and have not yet managed to receive any orders. But I considered this platform as the main one for earning money. Now I don't know what to do... This damned grandfather takes taxes from me, but does not allow me to earn money because of his imperial ambitions.🥵

Edited by dmitry_jump
  • Like 21

Well… It is sad to see that you consider it possible to judge the people of an entire country and decide who is right and who is wrong in the conflict or war (whatever) instead of your main activity. I thought that I’m too part of the “community” but I was wrong. Thanks for showing me that… Please Don’t think that throwing me and other Russian people out of Fiverr can be useful to Ukrainian people or anyone else in the world. Your actions are rude and senseless.
All the best to you and your community
  • Like 20
  • Up 1

On 3/16/2022 at 2:01 AM, habass07 said:

Please Don’t think that throwing me and other Russian people out of Fiverr can be useful

@habass07 Brother I do not know what make you think that fiverr is throwing you out. I did not see any fiverr did or even statement that harms or goes against you.

Its true that some payment company have removed there service, But that is not done by Fiverr. its completely there problem.

And if think that fiverr is doing against you. Please see this topic. Thank You.

• Like 20

On 3/7/2022 at 2:13 AM, luv_draft said:

Hello there! 
Couple of years ago I've decided to become an independent illustrator and choose the Fiverr platform to find clients; all was great and I've even started to believe that there might be a bright future, until someone (who cannot be named) decided to start a small ̶v̶i̶c̶t̶o̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ war. 
Since that many organisations decided to cancel russians, who have nothing to do with the events in Ukraine (someone even decided to ban russian cats, lol, what a shame). PayPal and Payoneer don't work in my country anymore, so I can't continue to work as a freelancer here, I can't even withdraw my money...
But there was a time when Fiverr accepted cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) as a payment method, so is there any chance to enable it again or make such an exception for russian sellers? I guess you shouldn't worry about our taxes, I think there are no russians who really want to pay for the war or even support it.
Thank you for your attention!  

So sorry for your situation. When leaders decide to do something, sometimes innocent people are caught in the middle as my brother was. He fought in 2 wars and died 4 years ago. If leaders of countries had to fight in the wars, I think their attitude about negotiations would change very quickly. I hope how soon this situation is over and things get back to normal. Although for some it will never be normal again. I hope that something can be done for people in your situation; so they can continue to work on this platform.

• Like 20

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just read your question. In this situation you can only do one thing wait to solve all the issues. I know many Russians are in many different problems. This is a global issue. So if people died there is nothing do, so the money is not a big issue. 

• Like 11

• 1 year later...