POSTING ON THE FORUM WILL NOT GET YOU ORDERS ❗ ❗ ❗

vibronx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/25/2021 at 5:30 PM, looseink said:

Sadly, most of your post will go unread by the majority of newbies.

I disagree, I think they just choose not to accept this information because it isn’t some guy on YouTube that gave it to them, I mean, just look at this guy.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:05 PM, mehedipro said:

Actually I can’t find any logic…

image.thumb.png.cbda5369c2cde2f6c9dd928534511adf.png

Basically living breathing proof of what’s wrong with this forum.

Posting on forum posting on forum will not get you orders will not stop them from posting that posting on forum helps to get orders and rank on Fiverr site.

Read that fast three times, spin 360° jumping on one leg then point with your left index finger towards your right pinky finger then swap that posture fast 3 times. Guarantee that if you do that in next 30 days you will get one order.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @genuineguidance yes you said right

Bet it was one of the YouTube, Facebook or blog “gurus” who also tell these same newbies that all they have to do is put a Gig in this or that category

Yes, there has lots of spoiler marketer who wants to make them viral on Facebook groups/posts or YouTube. Actually, those fake “Gurus” make eye casing title and thumbnail and share some spamming tips from there lots lop innocent people get misleading knowledge about the marketplace and forum.

Hi @katakatica

A couple of those videos popped up in my feed a few weeks back and…wow

Hehehe … Most of the time I got this type of notification on my youtube too.

@vibronx Thank you for posting important things. We need to find out a way to decreasing the matter.

• 1 month later...

This is 100% false and misleading tip, in my case. Posting on the forum gets me orders and actually my participation works as sample of work for specific gig.

I even read buyer’s forum where few agree that they pay attention to forum participation of various potential sellers.

A bold statement to make with no evidence to disprove it!

This is 100% false and misleading tip, in my case. Posting on the forum gets me orders and actually my participation works as sample of work for specific gig.

I even read buyer’s forum where few agree that they pay attention to forum participation of various potential sellers.

Where’s that? I’d love to check it out to see things from their perspective.

This is 100% false and misleading tip, in my case. Posting on the forum gets me orders

I don’t know if it’s coincidence- but I think that may be true for me as well. But I have absolutely no proof! …and I could be mistaken!!😆

Maybe established sellers have so many orders they don’t see a pattern?

As a new seller the jobs are sparse and so I can notice more? I don’t know- but I’ve been noticing a connection between writing on this forum and messages in my box since I started in April- and I’ve wanted to comment about it on this thread for a while now.

It maybe has nothing to do with a fiverr algorithm but is simply due to visibility and curiosity?

I think ❤️‘s and “thanks for posting” comments do not make a difference however.

Where’s that? I’d love to check it out to see things from their perspective.

This is 100% false and misleading tip, in my case. Posting on the forum gets me orders

I don’t know if it’s coincidence- but I think that may be true for me as well. But I have absolutely no proof! …and I could be mistaken!!😆

Maybe established sellers have so many orders they don’t see a pattern?

As a new seller the jobs are sparse and so I can notice more? I don’t know- but I’ve been noticing a connection between writing on this forum and messages in my box since I started in April- and I’ve wanted to comment about it on this thread for a while now.

It maybe has nothing to do with a fiverr algorithm but is simply due to visibility and curiosity?

I think ❤️‘s and “thanks for posting” comments do not make a difference however.

The assumption that buyers are gauging seller quality by roaming around in the forum does not make sense and is vaguely far-fetched and self-musing, at best.

It’s just like saying someone would hire me because I make nice posts on Facebook?

As a hiring manager or buyer, would I do that?

Not at all.

I maybe pretending on the forum, for all anyone knows?!?! 😐

The assumption that buyers are gauging seller quality by roaming around in the forum does not make sense and is vaguely far-fetched and self-musing, at best.

It’s just like saying someone would hire me because I make nice posts on Facebook?

As a hiring manager or buyer, would I do that?

Not at all.

I maybe pretending on the forum, for all anyone knows?!?! 😐

Anything is possible- and like I said- it could be complete coincidence. But the fact remains that it happens often enough for me to notice.

And why are so many users SO invested in it NOT being true? Why wouldn’t it be connected? Its all one platform.

Anything is possible- and like I said- it could be complete coincidence. But the fact remains that it happens often enough for me to notice.

And why are so many users SO invested in it NOT being true? Why wouldn’t it be connected? Its all one platform.

So… This post was flagged. I will retract the statement that likely got it flagged, though I still stand 100% behind what I said, and I still believe that something needs to be done about what I mentioned.

It is not really one platform. The forum is run on the Discourse forum software. Hence, what you post here will have no direct impact on your Fiverr gig rank/placement and things like that.

My original post is targeted at sellers who post here just to post something. They think that they need to post a certain number of times a day (no matter what they post) and heart thirty posts per day, and they will then magically get orders. Those are the ones I am targeting. There are a lot of useless posts that flood the forum because of this. This is what I and several other long-time users of the forum here have noticed and recognize.

Yes, it is possible to get buyers by someone noticing that you post useful things. It will not happen if you post random things. And if it does happen, it happens very rarely, as seen in @mariashtelle1’s poll:

pollOk, I was chatting in one of the topics with another new seller who was trying to convince me that buyers come to the forum to look for sellers and their gigs because they couldn’t find anything worthy in fiverr. So I decided to create a poll to check Statistics on how many people really got orders from advertising their link on this forum. I left 2 categories: for people who never posted/advertised their link in the forum but still got orders from the forum because their clients liked…

If that is the only thing you wish to achieve by using the forum, then please just save yourself the trouble and stop posting. It is not going to work.

There are very few buyers here, and the forum runs on a different platform than the Fiverr marketplace. What you do here will NOT impact your placement or your performance on Fiverr itself.

If you come here to search for tips to improve your gig, that is just fine. Please use the search function first to make it easier for yourself. However, posting in itself will not yield any results.

Thank you.

I am not saying that people can’t post on the forum. They can do what they want. I am merely saying that it might not turn out the way they think.

However, posting in itself will not yield any results.

The clue is “in itself”.

So… This post was flagged. I will retract the statement that likely got it flagged, though I still stand 100% behind what I said, and I still believe that something needs to be done about what I mentioned.

It is not really one platform. The forum is run on the Discourse forum software. Hence, what you post here will have no direct impact on your Fiverr gig rank/placement and things like that.

My original post is targeted at sellers who post here just to post something. They think that they need to post a certain number of times a day (no matter what they post) and heart thirty posts per day, and they will then magically get orders. Those are the ones I am targeting. There are a lot of useless posts that flood the forum because of this. This is what I and several other long-time users of the forum here have noticed and recognize.

Yes, it is possible to get buyers by someone noticing that you post useful things. It will not happen if you post random things. And if it does happen, it happens very rarely, as seen in @mariashtelle1’s poll:

pollOk, I was chatting in one of the topics with another new seller who was trying to convince me that buyers come to the forum to look for sellers and their gigs because they couldn’t find anything worthy in fiverr. So I decided to create a poll to check Statistics on how many people really got orders from advertising their link on this forum. I left 2 categories: for people who never posted/advertised their link in the forum but still got orders from the forum because their clients liked…

My original post is targeted at sellers who post here just to post something. They think that they need to post a certain number of times a day (no matter what they post) and heart thirty posts per day, and they will then magically get orders.

I agree that this is likely not how it works.

And why are so many users SO invested in it NOT being true?

Because one of the most common suggestions new sellers get is to be active on the forum.

The trouble is, many of them have nothing to say (which is perfectly fine), so they keep posting whatever and cluttering the forum (which is very much not fine).

And then they come to the forum to complain that they’re doing everything but still not getting orders.

@bethanyvo the “posting on the forum” plus the “staying online” myths are persistent because they are low hanging fruit.

The premise of minimum effort - maximum reward is just too appealing for people who don’t know how to run their business or how Fiverr’s marketplace works.

It’s just too good an opportunity in their POV to give up on.

Anything is possible

Maybe for someone promising to increase forum activity as a gig.

😒 Just a question, does accumulating flags ever disappear, or are they permanent on a forum profile? I think I recall that a forum user no longer qualifies as a Regular if they’ve accumulated five or more flagged posts.

-Answered my own question. That’s the power of performing a little digging around!

image.thumb.png.bedf4251d9f6b2cfaf5645f7f9a65b1b.png
image1901×931 81.2 KB

So, it seems 100 days.

@bethanyvo the “posting on the forum” plus the “staying online” myths are persistent because they are low hanging fruit.

The premise of minimum effort - maximum reward is just too appealing for people who don’t know how to run their business or how Fiverr’s marketplace works.

It’s just too good an opportunity in their POV to give up on.

posting on the forum” plus the “staying online” myths are persistent because they are low hanging fruit .

I understand this perspective- also consider the possibility that new sellers may be noticing a connection between posting and then instantly receiving messages and that could also be a reason it persists.

No idea- :bowing_woman:

posting on the forum” plus the “staying online” myths are persistent because they are low hanging fruit .

I understand this perspective- also consider the possibility that new sellers may be noticing a connection between posting and then instantly receiving messages and that could also be a reason it persists.

No idea- :bowing_woman:

new sellers may be noticing a connection between posting and then instantly receiving messages and that could also be a reason it persists.

Correlation ≠ Causation. But people will try to find trends in virtually anything.

I’ve been pretty darn active on the forum for approaching 2/3rds of a year, and in all that time with all those posts and all that interaction, I received a grand total of one order from someone who knew me from the forum. And from reading other sellers who’ve been on the forum longer than I have, that’s entirely typical.

😒 Just a question, does accumulating flags ever disappear, or are they permanent on a forum profile? I think I recall that a forum user no longer qualifies as a Regular if they’ve accumulated five or more flagged posts.

-Answered my own question. That’s the power of performing a little digging around!

So, it seems 100 days.

Hahaha, I’m shocked that there’s a whole bunch of criteria for that.

I’m not even a forum regular and I was a Forum moderator way back when (I couldn’t commit fulltime so I didn’t continue on the team). Fiverr staff actually messaged us if we wanted to join! Gave us a Fiverr shirt of some sort, ha. Supposedly the time with @annai80, @jonbaas and Maddie (@fonthaunt). Oh gosh, the forum looked way different then. I think the set-up now is way better! And I am happy just being a lurker and making an occasional comment or two. hahaha

That time there was a part of the forum where only top rated sellers had access to, something like a lounge. My memory is blurry… haha @frank_d were you able to visit the forum early Fiverr days?

Hahaha, I’m shocked that there’s a whole bunch of criteria for that.

I’m not even a forum regular and I was a Forum moderator way back when (I couldn’t commit fulltime so I didn’t continue on the team). Fiverr staff actually messaged us if we wanted to join! Gave us a Fiverr shirt of some sort, ha. Supposedly the time with @annai80, @jonbaas and Maddie (@fonthaunt). Oh gosh, the forum looked way different then. I think the set-up now is way better! And I am happy just being a lurker and making an occasional comment or two. hahaha

That time there was a part of the forum where only top rated sellers had access to, something like a lounge. My memory is blurry… haha @frank_d were you able to visit the forum early Fiverr days?

My memory is blurry… haha @frank_d were you able to visit the forum early Fiverr days?

I’ve been on this forum since June 2013, it is all blurry but I think I do recall some of the mods.

new sellers may be noticing a connection between posting and then instantly receiving messages and that could also be a reason it persists.

Correlation ≠ Causation. But people will try to find trends in virtually anything.

I’ve been pretty darn active on the forum for approaching 2/3rds of a year, and in all that time with all those posts and all that interaction, I received a grand total of one order from someone who knew me from the forum. And from reading other sellers who’ve been on the forum longer than I have, that’s entirely typical.

I’ve been pretty darn active on the forum for approaching 2/3rds of a year, and in all that time with all those posts and all that interaction, I received a grand total of one order from someone who knew me from the forum.

I haven’t either- just have had buyer messages come in inquiring about orders when I’m active- like with the forum page open on my phone. Not every time…but like I said- enough to notice and wonder if there is a connection.

However- I can take all your words for it that there is none :tipping_hand_woman:

I’ve been pretty darn active on the forum for approaching 2/3rds of a year, and in all that time with all those posts and all that interaction, I received a grand total of one order from someone who knew me from the forum.

I haven’t either- just have had buyer messages come in inquiring about orders when I’m active- like with the forum page open on my phone. Not every time…but like I said- enough to notice and wonder if there is a connection.

However- I can take all your words for it that there is none :tipping_hand_woman:

I don’t think that anybody really means to say that there is no connection at all, the gist is that posting on the forum to get orders is unlikely to get you orders, and that it’s most probably not worth spending time on it to get orders if you wouldn’t post anyway.

It’s not that there is no connection at all, apart from the perhaps existing more obscure ones like buyers sharing their findings from monitoring sellers on the forum wherever, as someone posted, and the potential coincidental “I posted on the forum, right after that, I happened to get a message/an order”, there is the obvious one: not many buyers post on the forum, but the forum has many passive users, readers (as the moderators often shared), some of which are buyers, and many sellers are (also; sometimes) buyers as well.

You’ll find other topics and posts, like the one linked above, where people talk about it. I know I have posted in such topics, and I’ve said that I both got orders from other forum users, as well as bought from other forum users, and also recommended a couple of other forum users when customers asked for a recommendation and I happened to “know” someone from the forum and felt confident enough recommending (super rare occurrence, and without doubt, those sellers would have lived on just as happily without my recommendation and that potential order).

It’s just that the odds are low for the majority of forum users, and especially low for the people the opening post of this topic is meant for.

I see this post as helping the ones it won’t help to not waste their time with meaningless posts that would rather deter people from ordering from them if anything, while the ones who have a chance of getting orders through forum posting typically most probably will know that themselves, and wouldn’t be discouraged by this post.

How to word it best … there is a chance of getting the odd order as a side-effect to forum posting, if you don’t post just for the sake of posting and getting orders.

It just doesn’t make much sense to post on the forum to get orders, and the overwhelming majority of people who do the same are those who will never see an order from it. Because posting in itself won’t do anything.

You post good content regularly, show professionalism in your posts, seem sensible and like someone who’d do good work and like someone people would be able to get along with?

Sure, someone who notices and happens to need something you offer in your Gigs might order from you, but don’t wait for it with bated breath.

You post just because you read or some YTr told you to post on the forum to get orders? Good luck.

IMO, getting orders through posting on the forum should be treated as a nice surprise, if it happens (however, I also remember a post by a forum seller who actually posted that they would not want orders from other forum users, and I can see why), but posting on the forum as a strategy to get orders is a waste of time.

Chances are that the people who’d get orders through posting on the forum can use their time more productively to get orders else, and there’s no guarantee to get even a single order through forum posting.

If you like posting on the forum anyway, do it, and see what will happen.

For things like

the possibility that new sellers may be noticing a connection between posting and then instantly receiving messages

the point Correlation ≠ Causation that enunciator made is very important to keep in mind, not just for this, for many things, on and off Fiverr. It’s a known fact that we humans tend to seek and see patterns where none are. It might be something completely different that leads to them instantly receiving messages, they in fact don’t notice a connection, they only know that they posted on the forum, and they noticed that they received messages shortely thereafter, but they have no idea if there is a connection between those two things.

Sometimes, things are just coincidences, sometimes there actually is a pattern/reason, but unlike with many other things (e.g. there certainly is a pattern behind delivering high-quality work to your customers and getting good reviews and getting more orders), any pattern that might be behind posting on the forum for the sake of getting orders and getting orders will be negligible, and it makes much more sense to focus on the many other things one can do in order to get orders.

Tldr: Post if you want to post, but don’t post to get orders. Qué será será.

Disclaimer: There might be groups of buyers who congregate in secret circles and exchange their notes from observing sellers posting on the forum, who will order from you. (Again, probably not if you just post … to post.)

Caution: There purportedly are also exploitative/scamming buyers who congregate in even more secret circles and will tell other exploitative/scamming buyers to order from you if they got away with being exploitative/scamming. If your forum posts show that you might be easily exploited, that might be you. Don’t be easily exploitable.

(ETA: general “you”, anyone reading this, not you, Bethany 🙂 just to clarify because I quoted you in my post))

Archived