No buyer protection - terrible experience

mikefrost

its 233mb because it was 3d rendering an animation

ie. it doesn’t look like it contains just a .mp4 or something. It contains stuff about material/texture files from “Lumion 9.0, ArchitectEdition”.

So this was an architectual rendering project? If so, has anyone or can anyone try opening the file with Lumion?

There is a free Luminon viewer here:

a961ae6b40e38515742604388d9ab0f700fcf830.icoLumion 9979407ed9a7ed9f91d71cf971d20b64a36377f8.png

Download Lumion Viewer

1. Available Lumion Viewer versionsLumion 10.0.2 Viewer3rd December, 2019The download link is available in the Getting started with Lumion 10.0.2 Pro email. Click here to get the email.L...

There is a free Luminon viewer here:

Though that says “It is only available as a download link in the ‘Getting started with Lumion Pro’ email for Lumion Pro license holders.”

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for trying. Yes it’s meant to be some 3D renders an an animation

Yes it’s meant to be some 3D renders an an animation

To be honest, I think that there are some pretty big communication problems underlying the entire problem you are having here.

What does the seller offer in their gig? I’ve just done a search for architectural modeling gigs priced at over $500.

Most come back stating things like the following:

sketchup.thumb.png.e61008a90703578c0966c397dc135c80.png
sketchup1272×46 8.79 KB

i.e. Stating they create work in Lumion would typically mean they deliver in a Lumion file and that you would need Lumion yourself to view finished work. If you ordered from a seller offering a similarly worded gig, they may have delivered exactly what is offered in their gig, This would make a refund inappropriate.

I say there is a big communication problem here, as it has taken over 70 replies on this thread to figure out what you might have ordered and what your seller might have delivered. However, this still isn’t 100% clear and you have still not detailed whether you accepted this delivery yourself or not.

If you do not have the correct software to open a file, it can appear as corrupt. It would really help your case here and with CS, if you could simply state in plain English exactly what your seller offers and look to see when your seller was last online or last made a delivery. You can see when they last made a delivery via their profile and when they were last online at the bottom of your last inbox message with them.

I have a feeling that this is more a case of crossed wires and poor communication (on both sides) than a genuine attempt to scam you out oif $1K.

To be honest, I think that there are some pretty big communication problems underlying the entire problem you are having here.

What does the seller offer in their gig? I’ve just done a search for architectural modeling gigs priced at over $500.

i.e. Stating they create work in Lumion would typically mean they deliver in a Lumion file and that you would need Lumion yourself to view finished work. If you ordered from a seller offering a similarly worded gig, they may have delivered exactly what is offered in their gig, This would make a refund inappropriate.

I say there is a big communication problem here, as it has taken over 70 replies on this thread to figure out what you might have ordered and what your seller might have delivered. However, this still isn’t 100% clear and you have still not detailed whether you accepted this delivery yourself or not.

If you do not have the correct software to open a file, it can appear as corrupt. It would really help your case here and with CS, if you could simply state in plain English exactly what your seller offers and look to see when your seller was last online or last made a delivery. You can see when they last made a delivery via their profile and when they were last online at the bottom of your last inbox message with them.

I have a feeling that this is more a case of crossed wires and poor communication (on both sides) than a genuine attempt to scam you out oif $1K.

I’m not suggesting the seller is scamming me. It’s simply that I paid and got nothing

I’m not suggesting the seller is scamming me. It’s simply that I paid and got nothing

It’s simply that I paid and got nothing

See, this the problem. You keep saying this but trying to get you to elaborate on what you ordered and what you received is practically impossible. You did receive something. This something is a file which appears to be a render that is viewable in Lumion, which is an architectural rendering software suite.

The seller never responded so he is at fault for not communicating what to do about the file. It’s totally on him.

But if the buyer marked the order as complete, the seller may well have figured that it was finished and taken time off for the festive season like a lot of other sellers. As it is, the OP hasn’t confirmed whether or not this is the case.

If you do not have the correct software to open a file, it can appear as corrupt.

The .rar file says it’s corrupt if you try to extract it in 7zip / winrar so you don’t actually get a file you can load into something (Lumion or something). Though if you look at the file itself in winrar where it shows the text/bytes from the file it shows stuff like:

“SetSurfaceSettingsForMaterial” and

referencing materials / .sim files from Lumion 9.0 ArchitectEdition, textures, bump maps etc.

The repair option in things like winrar didn’t work for it either.

It’s simply that I paid and got nothing

See, this the problem. You keep saying this but trying to get you to elaborate on what you ordered and what you received is practically impossible. You did receive something. This something is a file which appears to be a render that is viewable in Lumion, which is an architectural rendering software suite.

The seller never responded so he is at fault for not communicating what to do about the file. It’s totally on him.

But if the buyer marked the order as complete, the seller may well have figured that it was finished and taken time off for the festive season like a lot of other sellers. As it is, the OP hasn’t confirmed whether or not this is the case.

I ordered 3D renders an an animation which I believe were being done in 3D max. I’m unsure what is unclear

All sellers are not same…

someone just open their gig to betray buyers 😦

Your absolutely right and I’m still hopeful this seller will turn up and is just on holiday. I’m not concerned about the seller but instead that fiver is quite happy to take my money knowing I’ve received nothing

Your absolutely right and I’m still hopeful this seller will turn up and is just on holiday. I’m not concerned about the seller but instead that fiver is quite happy to take my money knowing I’ve received nothing

fiver is quite happy to take my money knowing I’ve received nothing

You just needed to get the right CS agent. Sometimes it can take a few tries.

Archived