No buyer protection - terrible experience

mikefrost

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you download it when it was delivered or more recently?

What kind of file was it?

Did you download it when it was delivered or more recently?

What kind of file was it?

and to those questions:

on which date did you contact support team? I see you created topic 2 days ago so it was 29th Dec and if you contacted support before then your order still should fall into cancellation period.

you can tell your support agent that as per their TOS you still eligible for the refund because your order was delivered on 14th Dec and you contacted them within 14 days when order is still eligible to be cancelled as per their TOS.

it was a rar. I have tried and Fiverr has tried and neither can open it - Im just stunned that this is seen as acceptable biz practice

I’ve had files that I’ve downloaded that were fine and then looked at the order page later and tried to see them and they were corrupted, which had happened later. So that’s why I was asking if you downloaded it promptly.

I’ve had files that I’ve downloaded that were fine and then looked at the order page later and tried to see them and they were corrupted, which had happened later. So that’s why I was asking if you downloaded it promptly.

I downloaded it on the same day they were uploaded

I see, but then waited to contact customer support. I’m so sorry it happened to you.

Thank you.

I responded to the seller within hours and kept trying for a couple of weeks then went to support and despite the file clearly being corrupt he is allowed to continue to be active

I didn’t - i replied to the seller on the same day he sent it to me - have a look at the date stamps above

I didn’t - i replied to the seller on the same day he sent it to me

try this 👇 and let us know what fiverr support will reply to you.

I see you created topic 2 days ago so it was 29th Dec and if you contacted support before then your order still should fall into cancellation period.

you can tell your support agent that as per their TOS you still eligible for the refund because your order was delivered on 14th Dec and you contacted them within 14 days when order is still eligible to be cancelled as per their TOS.

I didn’t - i replied to the seller on the same day he sent it to me

try this 👇 and let us know what fiverr support will reply to you.

I see you created topic 2 days ago so it was 29th Dec and if you contacted support before then your order still should fall into cancellation period.

I will try , thank you

I have contacted support again as maria suggested. I told them I got the order on Dec 14 and, after 5 attempts to reach the seller, contacted support on Dec 26 (within the 14 days) and this was the response…

"I understand your point but sadly, it is too late to cancel it now. 😕
There is a grace period of 13 days after an order has been marked Completed during which we can cancel the order for you. After that time, the seller is able to withdraw his earnings from the order, and we may no longer be able to cancel it.

I hope that you can understand.
All the best,"

I have contacted support again as maria suggested. I told them I got the order on Dec 14 and, after 5 attempts to reach the seller, contacted support on Dec 26 (within the 14 days) and this was the response…

"I understand your point but sadly, it is too late to cancel it now. 😕

There is a grace period of 13 days after an order has been marked Completed during which we can cancel the order for you. After that time, the seller is able to withdraw his earnings from the order, and we may no longer be able to cancel it.

I hope that you can understand.

All the best,"

Then ask them to escalate this matter. (This is the main thing!)

Tell them again that you contacted them within 14 days and it’s not your fault that they dragged it for longer. Also show them the evidence with screenshots that seller is unresponsive and didn’t deliver what was promised.

So they send the file as the order delivery.

You can’t open it.

Why not request a revision to keep the order open as you hadn’t received something you could use?

Then there is no autocompletion of the order.

Yes, it seems harsh when you are talking about a big order but the alternative is that it becomes a free for all where buyers can query things at any time. No business offers this and if you didn’t act within a certain specified time for pretty much any service or product, you would have no right to any recourse. I know you feel hard done by but you can’t be careless about purchases and expect others (Support) to care on your behalf.

Your post title is incorrect - it should read “I didn’t use the inbuilt buyer protection system so now I am not protected”

Tell them again that you contacted them within 14 days and it’s not your fault that they dragged it for longer. Also show them the evidence with screenshots that seller is unresponsive and didn’t deliver what was promised.

From Fiverr:

Dec 27, 12:45 AM EST

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for alerting us about this.

So that we can assist you further, could you please provide us with the number of the order in question?

Waiting for your reply.

From me:

Dec 26, 11:33 PM EST

I’ve reached out to support and the seller with no response. I have paid over a $1000 and can’t download my files

The rar files don’t decompress

Can you try and if it work send me a zip instead

So they send the file as the order delivery.

You can’t open it.

Why not request a revision to keep the order open as you hadn’t received something you could use?

Then there is no autocompletion of the order.

Yes, it seems harsh when you are talking about a big order but the alternative is that it becomes a free for all where buyers can query things at any time. No business offers this and if you didn’t act within a certain specified time for pretty much any service or product, you would have no right to any recourse. I know you feel hard done by but you can’t be careless about purchases and expect others (Support) to care on your behalf.

Your post title is incorrect - it should read “I didn’t use the inbuilt buyer protection system so now I am not protected”

In this situation neither fiverr nor I can open the file so its hardly a free for all

Ive asked for it to be escalated, thanks

In this situation neither fiverr nor I can open the file so its hardly a free for all

Yes, but I would have an issue with it if Fiverr were to decide that any order can be queried at any time regardless of the rules or the time that’s passed.

Sure, you can say something like “if you have nothing to hide there’s nothing to fear” but there are numerous accounts of sellers being on the losing side of dubious claims too.

I do feel for you and agree you seem to have been wronged - I hope that if the seller genuinely has sent a nothing file (as opposed to you not being able to open it) that they would be banned. I just dislike your assertion that Fiverr doesn’t protect buyers when it really does, more than it does sellers in some ways.

Yes, but I would have an issue with it if Fiverr were to decide that any order can be queried at any time regardless of the rules or the time that’s passed.

Sure, you can say something like “if you have nothing to hide there’s nothing to fear” but there are numerous accounts of sellers being on the losing side of dubious claims too.

I do feel for you and agree you seem to have been wronged - I hope that if the seller genuinely has sent a nothing file (as opposed to you not being able to open it) that they would be banned. I just dislike your assertion that Fiverr doesn’t protect buyers when it really does, more than it does sellers in some ways.

well let me correct it to they have not stood by this buyer.

My latest response from fiverr

"There is a grace period of 13 days and not 14.

Please understand why it is not eligible for cancelation anymore. "

"There is a grace period of 13 days and not 14.

Please understand why it is not eligible for cancelation anymore. "

Maybe say you contacted CS about the problem within the grace period. You contacted them 13 days after completion if that’s what you did.

Also saying “There is a grace period of 13 days and not 14”…you could maybe quote the line from the terms of service that says:

• Completed orders (or, where applicable, completed milestones) may be cancelled, upon review of our Customer Support team, up to 14 days after the order (or Milestone) is marked as complete. Please be advised that orders cannot be partially cancelled (i.e. we can only cancel the entire order when it is justified).
  • In rare circumstances where we find it appropriate, our Customer Support team may cancel a completed order even after 14 days have passed from its completion. In such cases, the amounts paid for the cancelled order will be returned to the Buyer’s Fiverr Balance and will be deducted from the Seller’s Fiverr Balance or, if there are no sufficient amounts in the Seller’s Fiverr Balance, from future revenues of such Seller.

If the file is corrupt and the delivery can’t be used at all and the seller isn’t responding after trying for days (and since the day of delivery), maybe that is one of the circumstances where, as shown above in the terms of service, even after 14 days, the order could/should be cancelled.

Also here’s a thread where an order was cancelled and CS mentioned 14 days:

Hey there, recently, I did a Logo Animation and delivered it to my client. These are the order requirements provided by the client: … is a real estate acquisition company which is aimed at helping homeowners while providing them effective solutions to get out of stressful situations. We’re all about transforming lives and making a massive impact in the world. Let’s see what you can do This is the product I’ve delivered, in my oppinion, it’s quite nice: The client did not respond for th…

What CS said to the seller in that in that case:

After reviewing the order I would like to help you in the future to avoid other instances like this one. Our Terms of Service does not specify that once an order is completed after the 3 days do you not need to complete revisions. If you offer more than one revision you should stick by your word, especially if it’s in the 14 days holding period where the funds are pending in our system."

Archived