No buyer protection - terrible experience

mikefrost

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered 3D renders an an animation which I believe were being done in 3D max. I’m unsure what is unclear

I’ve had the same problem with lots of files. I’ve also had lots of buyers over the years accuse me of delivering a corrupt file. On two occasions, this was the result of some kind of technical bug in Fiverr where files were shown as fully uploaded before they really were.

I’m unsure what is unclear

Lots of things.

• Did you mark your order as complete or did it complete automatically?
  • Does your sellers’ profile currently say they are out of office?
  • Has your seller been online or delivered other projects since your last communication from them?
  • What does your sellers gig say they offer? - i.e- What file format do they say they deliver in?

These are very simple questions that could clarify things pretty much instantly. i.e. If your seller was online this morning, you can safely assume they are ignoring your messages and that is completely out of order. However, if they have not been seen for a while, there is likely more to the story.

I’ve had the same problem with lots of files. I’ve also had lots of buyers over the years accuse me of delivering a corrupt file. On two occasions, this was the result of some kind of technical bug in Fiverr where files were shown as fully uploaded before they really were.

I’m unsure what is unclear

Lots of things.

• Has your seller been online or delivered other projects since your last communication from them?
  • What does your sellers gig say they offer? - i.e- What file format do they say they deliver in?

These are very simple questions that could clarify things pretty much instantly. i.e. If your seller was online this morning, you can safely assume they are ignoring your messages and that is completely out of order. However, if they have not been seen for a while, there is likely more to the story.

If the platform creates corrupt files I shouldn’t be responsible.

In regards to files I provide a detailed brief. In this case it was a specified number of jpg renders an an uncompressed video at 4K. I’ve communicated with lots of contractors over the years and as I mentioned this is not to do with the seller this is to do with fiver.

Fiver is the platform and in this case I have simply not received a file that can be opened yet I have paid money. I sense you’re defending the seller but there is no need because I hold no grudges with the seller. This is 100% about fiver. Does that make sense?

In regards to files I provide a detailed brief. In this case it was a specified number of jpg renders an an uncompressed video at 4K. I’ve communicated with lots of contractors over the years and as I mentioned this is not to do with the seller this is to do with fiver.

Fiver is the platform and in this case I have simply not received a file that can be opened yet I have paid money. I sense you’re defending the seller but there is no need because I hold no grudges with the seller. This is 100% about fiver. Does that make sense?

It’s not fiverr as a company, it’s simply getting the wrong CS agent, who for whatever reason made a bad judgement.

I sense you’re defending the seller but there is no need because I hold no grudges with the seller. This is 100% about fiver. Does that make sense?

Not really, because you seem to be determined to avoid answering the simple questions I’ve repeated several times.

I am not defending your seller. However, Fiverr has an obligation to protect both buyers and sellers.

Key here is the question of whether you marked your order as complete or not. If you did, you basically accepted that you were happy with your delivery.

In reality, any buyer could decide a few weeks later that they want their money back (and a lot of buyers do try this). This may be why Fiverr has been reluctant to refund you and this is why a simple answer to this question could help clarify things.

I’ve communicated with lots of contractors over the years and as I mentioned this is not to do with the seller this is to do with fiver.

This has everything to do with the seller. Simply checking to see when they were last online can let you know straight away if your seller is purposefully ignoring you. As I have stated, if they are, there is ample ground for you to complain and get a refund.

You have mentioned that CS has tried messaging your buyer but received no response. This is very unusual and would suggest that they might be in vacation mode.

I really don’t understand why you are unwilling to answer these questions if you really want help. I am also guessing that Fiverr not refunding you already might be due to them not really being able to determine what is going on here.

I sense you’re defending the seller but there is no need because I hold no grudges with the seller. This is 100% about fiver. Does that make sense?

Not really, because you seem to be determined to avoid answering the simple questions I’ve repeated several times.

I am not defending your seller. However, Fiverr has an obligation to protect both buyers and sellers.

Key here is the question of whether you marked your order as complete or not. If you did, you basically accepted that you were happy with your delivery.

In reality, any buyer could decide a few weeks later that they want their money back (and a lot of buyers do try this). This may be why Fiverr has been reluctant to refund you and this is why a simple answer to this question could help clarify things.

I’ve communicated with lots of contractors over the years and as I mentioned this is not to do with the seller this is to do with fiver.

This has everything to do with the seller. Simply checking to see when they were last online can let you know straight away if your seller is purposefully ignoring you. As I have stated, if they are, there is ample ground for you to complain and get a refund.

You have mentioned that CS has tried messaging your buyer but received no response. This is very unusual and would suggest that they might be in vacation mode.

I really don’t understand why you are unwilling to answer these questions if you really want help. I am also guessing that Fiverr not refunding you already might be due to them not really being able to determine what is going on here.

I’ve mentioned in the thread it was auto completed

Fiverr has decided to refund!

We all form part of a community of buyers and sellers and this case is a timely reminder that we rely on each other as each party is necessary for it to work. While there are unscrupulous people out there the majority have good intentions and should be treated with respect. The seller I had has delivered in the past and I suspect he may be away. In his absence however, I cannot hold up my work on the hope he returns. In the event he returns and I haven’t engaged another provider, Im more than happy to buy what he has done - I cant be any fairer than that.

Both buyer and seller have a legal agreement with fiverr, not with each other. So in my case my agreement with fiverr was to deliver a service for a negotiated amount and since the service was not received I requested a refund. This is quite different to receiving a product and questioning the quality. As simple as this sounds, the customer service agents refused to entertain my request providing inaccurate information from their terms and conditions. It was not until I took my case to PayPal that the situation changed so I have to question if the CS people have been directed to operate this way or that the majority simply dont know their own terms and conditions. I’ll let you guys form your own conclusions.

It is unfortunate that it has taken 112 posts to reach this point and that fiverr has not acknowledged any wrongs on their part. The positive side is that I have had support from the community and we can all learn from this.

Will I use fiverr again for a new job? We’ll see, atm there is a bitter taste in my mouth and perhaps time will change that.

Thank you all, have a great New Year

We all form part of a community of buyers and sellers and this case is a timely reminder that we rely on each other as each party is necessary for it to work. While there are unscrupulous people out there the majority have good intentions and should be treated with respect. The seller I had has delivered in the past and I suspect he may be away. In his absence however, I cannot hold up my work on the hope he returns. In the event he returns and I haven’t engaged another provider, Im more than happy to buy what he has done - I cant be any fairer than that.

Both buyer and seller have a legal agreement with fiverr, not with each other. So in my case my agreement with fiverr was to deliver a service for a negotiated amount and since the service was not received I requested a refund. This is quite different to receiving a product and questioning the quality. As simple as this sounds, the customer service agents refused to entertain my request providing inaccurate information from their terms and conditions. It was not until I took my case to PayPal that the situation changed so I have to question if the CS people have been directed to operate this way or that the majority simply dont know their own terms and conditions. I’ll let you guys form your own conclusions.

It is unfortunate that it has taken 112 posts to reach this point and that fiverr has not acknowledged any wrongs on their part. The positive side is that I have had support from the community and we can all learn from this.

Will I use fiverr again for a new job? We’ll see, atm there is a bitter taste in my mouth and perhaps time will change that.

The seller I had has delivered in the past and I suspect he may be away. In his absence however, I cannot hold up my work on the hope he returns. In the event he returns and I haven’t engaged another provider, Im more than happy to buy what he has done - I cant be any fairer than that.

It is unfortunate that it has taken 112 posts to reach this point and that fiverr has not acknowledged any wrongs on their part.

Wow. Not only is this not part of Fiverr CS, but you have purposefully not provided answers to simple questions asked here that could have helped you resolve your problem sooner…

Sometimes it is better to try new things. Best of luck.

The seller I had has delivered in the past and I suspect he may be away. In his absence however, I cannot hold up my work on the hope he returns. In the event he returns and I haven’t engaged another provider, Im more than happy to buy what he has done - I cant be any fairer than that.

It is unfortunate that it has taken 112 posts to reach this point and that fiverr has not acknowledged any wrongs on their part.

Wow. Not only is this not part of Fiverr CS, but you have purposefully not provided answers to simple questions asked here that could have helped you resolve your problem sooner…

Sometimes it is better to try new things. Best of luck.

Thank you for your thoughts on this and judging me on my actions. The great thing about these forums is that it gives you a better insight into other buyers and sellers which helps when choosing someone.

All the best

Fiverr has decided to refund

So did 5r ⬆️

I took my case to PayPal that the situation changed

$1000 or $800 (after 5r’s deduction of 20%) is a lot of money that was taken from this guy’s account. If he really did do the work correctly then the poor seller is gonna be sick when he sees the negative balance.

I’m a frequent buyer and I’ve been in all sorts of crazy situations here on 5r. I’ve never taken money from a single seller, because I’ve never put myself in that sorta situation.

Fiverr has decided to refund

So did 5r ⬆️

I took my case to PayPal that the situation changed

$1000 or $800 (after 5r’s deduction of 20%) is a lot of money that was taken from this guy’s account. If he really did do the work correctly then the poor seller is gonna be sick when he sees the negative balance.

I’m a frequent buyer and I’ve been in all sorts of crazy situations here on 5r. I’ve never taken money from a single seller, because I’ve never put myself in that sorta situation.

Fiverr refunded the money.

Ive sent the seller a message and asked him to contact me. I agree its not fair on him if he’s done the work

Ive sent the seller a message and asked him to contact me. I agree its not fair on him if he’s done the work

None of what you say makes sense. You’ve just admitted that your seller may have been on vacation over the holidays:

The seller I had has delivered in the past and I suspect he may be away.

Now you are saying that you will pay your seller if they show up and have done the work… even though you needed this project ASAP and now need to hire another seller?

Well, the good thing about Fiverr is that if a buyer uses a sellers work online in any capacity without paying, it’s easy to track that own and issue a DCMA takedown request with web hosts.

Since you have got your money back, you should just scrap the project you had with your original seller and get the work you need done asap by someone else.

None of what you say makes sense. You’ve just admitted that your seller may have been on vacation over the holidays:

The seller I had has delivered in the past and I suspect he may be away.

Now you are saying that you will pay your seller if they show up and have done the work… even though you needed this project ASAP and now need to hire another seller?

Well, the good thing about Fiverr is that if a buyer uses a sellers work online in any capacity without paying, it’s easy to track that own and issue a DCMA takedown request with web hosts.

Since you have got your money back, you should just scrap the project you had with your original seller and get the work you need done asap by someone else.

So lovely to have a cynic on the forum. Frankly you dont know me and you are taking my words out of context which is surprising given what you sell. You seem to have way too much time on your hands to go from one post to another. Chill out and have a little more faith in your fellow human being.

So lovely to have a cynic on the forum. Frankly you dont know me and you are taking my words out of context which is surprising given what you sell. You seem to have way too much time on your hands to go from one post to another. Chill out and have a little more faith in your fellow human being.

“[H]ave a little more faith in your fellow human being” is funny coming from you. lol I feel bad for the seller if he/she actually did the work. This case also seems a lot like buyer protection, so I don’t think the title applies.

“[H]ave a little more faith in your fellow human being” is funny coming from you. lol I feel bad for the seller if he/she actually did the work. This case also seems a lot like buyer protection, so I don’t think the title applies.

‘if’ he did the work i didn’t get it - i cant pay $1000 for work i didn’t get, perhaps you can afford that

‘if’ he did the work i didn’t get it - i cant pay $1000 for work i didn’t get, perhaps you can afford that

Just saying I didn’t see much faith in humanity here.

It’s fine to want money back if you felt you didn’t get anything. I’m not judging you for wanting a refund on an order you couldn’t find to be fulfilled despite hypothetical attempts. I’m just saying that you shouldn’t try to act so moral in this situation.

Anyway, it worked out in your favor. Fiverr does protect its buyers.

Just saying I didn’t see much faith in humanity here.

It’s fine to want money back if you felt you didn’t get anything. I’m not judging you for wanting a refund on an order you couldn’t find to be fulfilled despite hypothetical attempts. I’m just saying that you shouldn’t try to act so moral in this situation.

Anyway, it worked out in your favor. Fiverr does protect its buyers.

This the choice I had

1. Cancel and get a refund
  2. Don’t cancel and hope that he returned with the files after the grace period or potentially lose my money

Which would choose?

People are quick to judge when it’s not their money on the line

Archived