The new Fiverr look isn't working for me [#Fiverr UI Change, Buyer View, Seller View, Dashboard]

joymemo

It always switch me to the ‘buyer’ version. Very frustrating

Is this happening to everyone? I am also switching to buyer mode. I changed my bookmark just because i thought maybe it’s the bookmark i am using.

As always, when fiverr makes changes, it won’t be visible to everyone. They are slowly inserting the new updated. Some sort of beta-testing. Some of the features end up on the final version, some don’t.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

My name is Snir, and I’m a Product Manager at Fiverr.

We’ve rolled out the Selling Navigation feature in order to help sellers run their business more efficiently. Therefore, we consolidated all selling-related pages (Dashboard, Manage Sales, Earnings, Analytics, etc.) under a single Selling area. In order to get there, simply click Switch to Selling. Once you’re there, you’ll see the new and improved header navigation bar, which now includes links to the most visited pages by sellers. By clicking on Switch to Buying, you’ll see the buyer-related navigation bar (Search, My Orders (as a buyer), etc.)

We’ve implemented these changes in order to create an easier selling navigation. I’ll be happy to hear your feedback and answer relevant questions! 🙂

Being required to click more things to get to where we want to go is less efficient than clicking fewer things. Everything used to be easily available on the right side. Now we have to click “Selling” on the right, then click on more things at the left. A small change, and easily adapted to, but I’m unsure how clicking more = more efficient.

I am also having trouble with this new version! It is very frustrating and trying to find everything and not even getting any response from the support team. What is that about?

Okey fine, you are trying something new and that’s fine but clearly a lot of people are having issues and it is slowing down my work. At least take our pointers into consideration and most importantly have a supportteam that actually will answer.

Why would any seller appreciate or find useful a default buyer’s interface you have to click through? I’m honestly curious about the reasoning behind this.

If the system automatically assumes you’re a buyer first if you ever bought anything then I did buy 2 gigs in a couse of 3.5 years but I’ve sold a 1000+ of them so it’s clear where my priority when using this site lies. I’m not looking to buy more, I’m looking to sell, quickly, efficiently and on time. Why would they make selling gigs more challenging? It’s just rhetorical, I guess.

To be clear, I still have an old one interface and I hope I don’t get a new one.

Why would any seller appreciate or find useful a default buyer’s interface you have to click through? I’m honestly curious about the reasoning behind this.

If the system automatically assumes you’re a buyer first if you ever bought anything then I did buy 2 gigs in a couse of 3.5 years but I’ve sold a 1000+ of them so it’s clear where my priority when using this site lies. I’m not looking to buy more, I’m looking to sell, quickly, efficiently and on time. Why would they make selling gigs more challenging? It’s just rhetorical, I guess.

To be clear, I still have an old one interface and I hope I don’t get a new one.

Why would any seller appreciate or find useful a default buyer’s interface you have to click through?

Maybe it’s a way to try to get sellers to consider themselves buyers first and foremost?

I found myself thinking “oh I’m really a buyer who happens to sell occasionally” when I was first confronted with having to click on “switch to selling”.

I don’t mind the new change - didn’t really see a problem with the old way either - but if fiverr thinks a change is necessary or better, good for them.

I am getting a bit fed up with having to “switch to selling” when I’ve not once switched away from selling. I’ve probably had to switch to selling 10 or more times since the dashboard changed for absolutely no reason. It should only come up as an option if you have “switching to buying” not just randomly (especially when 99.99% of my activity on the site is selling related).

I got the new version, but then after a week or so, I got switched back to the old version, the one where there’s a dedicated icon for the dashboard and you don’t get two separate selling/buying interfaces.

Anyone else?

after a week or so, I got switched back to the old version, the one where there’s a dedicated icon for the dashboard and you don’t get two separate selling/buying interfaces.

You are so lucky. I have already clicked on “switch to selling” over ten times in the last three hours. I would like to find out why they thought that was a good idea.

I wonder how their thought process works…

“Alright everyone, the agenda for today is to take another perfectly functioning aspect of the site and tweak it for the lulz. We’ve had the old interface for too long now and sellers seem to clearly hate it, because they haven’t brought it up as an issue even once. So yeah, we need to switch it up. Huh, switch. There’s an idea…”

:woman_shrugging:t5:

I was “live talking” to a customer asking for a sample translation. I said I’ll send her an offer and that I can fit it in right away, as it was just a sample sized offer.

Half an hour later, I wonder if she has trouble with the order process as she seemed new (asked if she can pay via credit card) and want to ask her if everything is alright or if I can help somehow and then notice that while in the chat window, I’ve been switched back to “Buying Mode”!

I switch to Selling Mode and see she already accepted the order like half an hour ago, so I could have sent her the translation already and she didn’t get any communication from me after ordering - because I didn’t get the sound or visible notification (pink dot) from Fiverr like before! This is not good. And the best: in Selling Mode, I got the “This buyer is new to Fiverr, help them, make a good impression” (or w/e) banner. I could have made a better impression if I’d gotten an order notification, ya know.

This definitely needs some work.

@snirelkaras

Hi

We’ve rolled out the Selling Navigation feature in order to help sellers run their business more efficiently. Therefore, we consolidated all selling-related pages (Dashboard, Manage Sales, Earnings, Analytics, etc.) under a single Selling area. In order to get there, simply click Switch to Selling. Once you’re there, you’ll see the new and improved header navigation bar, which now includes links to the most visited pages by sellers. By clicking on Switch to Buying, you’ll see the buyer-related navigation bar (Search, My Orders (as a buyer), etc.)

We’ve implemented these changes in order to create an easier selling navigation. I’ll be happy to hear your feedback and answer relevant questions! 🙂

there is no any option show switch to selling kindly guide me. Thanks

I was “live talking” to a customer asking for a sample translation. I said I’ll send her an offer and that I can fit it in right away, as it was just a sample sized offer.

Half an hour later, I wonder if she has trouble with the order process as she seemed new (asked if she can pay via credit card) and want to ask her if everything is alright or if I can help somehow and then notice that while in the chat window, I’ve been switched back to “Buying Mode”!

I switch to Selling Mode and see she already accepted the order like half an hour ago, so I could have sent her the translation already and she didn’t get any communication from me after ordering - because I didn’t get the sound or visible notification (pink dot) from Fiverr like before! This is not good. And the best: in Selling Mode, I got the “This buyer is new to Fiverr, help them, make a good impression” (or w/e) banner. I could have made a better impression if I’d gotten an order notification, ya know.

This definitely needs some work.

@snirelkaras

then notice that while in the chat window, I’ve been switched back to “Buying Mode”!

I switch to Selling Mode and see she already accepted the order like half an hour ago,

I’ve been dealing with this problem too. Any time I’m messaging and chatting I am in buyer mode and had no idea someone had ordered.

I had sent a custom offer, and had no idea the person I had just been chatting with had accepted it. I was amazed to come back a few hours later to see that.

Hi

We know that human beings are often resistant to change. But, most of the time it is using the new solution that they realize that the novelty is better than the old system.

Unfortunately, the more I use this new design, the more I hate it!

Like any freelancer, I try to be efficient and not waste time with useless things. With this new design (which I call click-click-click design), I’m wasting time and I’m tired of clicking even more than before.

Please @snirelkaras improve this, or if you are not able to improve this design immediately, go backwards while you develop an effective and time-saving solution.

Archived