Blind Reviews & The Day I Started Censoring Myself

cyaxrex

I think it is silly. Just go all the way back to thumbs up and thumbs down. For crying out loud. I have encountered the blind review as a seller and buyer. So annoying. As you all have said, as a buyer, you get reminded more than once by Fiverr to leave feedback that is private. As a seller, it is the you never know thing. And add on that that your reviews for 60 days show up to buyers now. So if buyers are not leaving reviews because of this new system, We are all pooped out of luck.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don’t think it’s a great idea to encourage sellers to publicly disrespect and embarrass difficult buyers.

I don’t intend to start doing that. It is something a mek-sell can use though as an excuse for poor service, to blame the buyer for what was actually their own failure.

(this was not directed to maitasun, sorry)

I really don’t think it’s a great idea to encourage sellers to publicly disrespect difficult buyers.

I think you misunderstood me, I never said that.

I said that Fiverr doesn’t guarantee honests buyers and these dishonest buyers can’t possibly leave true reviews.

Truthful reviews most likely can only come from honest buyers, there’s no other way.

I really don’t think it’s a great idea to encourage sellers to publicly disrespect difficult buyers.

I think you misunderstood me, I never said that.

I said that Fiverr doesn’t guarantee honests buyers and these dishonest buyers can’t possibly leave true reviews.

Truthful reviews most likely can only come from honest buyers, there’s no other way.

I didn’t mean that as a reply to you but I couldn’t see after it posted how to not get it to direct back to you, sorry about that.

I think it is silly. Just go all the way back to thumbs up and thumbs down. For crying out loud. I have encountered the blind review as a seller and buyer. So annoying. As you all have said, as a buyer, you get reminded more than once by Fiverr to leave feedback that is private. As a seller, it is the you never know thing. And add on that that your reviews for 60 days show up to buyers now. So if buyers are not leaving reviews because of this new system, We are all pooped out of luck.

I think it is silly. Just go all the way back to thumbs up and thumbs down.

But that’s not how Up-work works! Get with the merger program!

(Joke.)

As you all have said, as a buyer, you get reminded more than once by Fiverr to leave feedback that is private.

This is what I don’t understand. Fiverr just seems to change things for the want of changing them. -While leaving bugs and even bugs which threaten seller accounts with being given unfair warbings and bans, to escalate.

I think it is silly. Just go all the way back to thumbs up and thumbs down.

But that’s not how Up-work works! Get with the merger program!

(Joke.)

As you all have said, as a buyer, you get reminded more than once by Fiverr to leave feedback that is private.

This is what I don’t understand. Fiverr just seems to change things for the want of changing them. -While leaving bugs and even bugs which threaten seller accounts with being given unfair warbings and bans, to escalate.

being given unfair warbings and bans

Oh, yikes! I would never want to receive a “warbing”, that sounds terribly unpleasant! 😉

being given unfair warbings and bans

Oh, yikes! I would never want to receive a “warbing”, that sounds terribly unpleasant! 😉

It is. It’s like a telling of at school by creepy headmistress, coupled with a killer bee sting. Very, very unpleasant. 🙂

ugh… first time utlizing this “grab bag” :thinking:review process… truly not sure what to do…

blind

ugh… first time utlizing this “grab bag” :thinking:review process… truly not sure what to do…

Just remember that what you say will be publicly view-able on your gig forever. - And you will be judged by buyers accordingly.

Just remember that what you say will be publicly view-able on your gig forever. - And you will be judged by buyers accordingly.

Great!!! Thanks for the reminder! I feel so much better…😶

Well, here goes nothing!! Ima take the plunge…😕

G’morning everyone! This was a fun thread to read and a lot to unpack. This feature is not 100% and we are gradually releasing the full flow for this change. While dancing around specifics, I can say that issues and concerns raised here are addressed in the full solution - so stay tuned don’t be worried of providing a candid feedback on your experience with the buyer. We want both sellers and buyers to be truthful with their interactions.

Why not release it when it IS 100%. Especially with such a change to the system? I’m so disappointed in this site.

blind

Fiverr wants you to unleash on this hapless buyer so have at it.

(I’m just joking. But it kind of sounds like it to me. )

Maybe if a buyer was extremely abusive and cruel to me in how they communicated, or lashed out in some way---- or was overtly explicit in an indecent way I MIGHT be tempted to say that in my review but otherwise I cannot think of what would make me say even slightly negative comments about them.
And none of that has ever happened yet so it would be a first.

Maybe if a buyer was extremely abusive and cruel to me in how they communicated, or lashed out in some way---- or was overtly explicit in an indecent way I MIGHT be tempted to say that in my review but otherwise I cannot think of what would make me say even slightly negative comments about them.

This is my problem too! But sometimes, you have those buyers who lash out at you, upon delivery - and lie in at least 2 categories… but… you thought things were A - O K.🤐

It appears now that we also get “leave feedback” notification/ reminders - that we can likely enjoy for 10 days or until the cut off period has lapsed.😬

LeaveFeedback

It’s annoying, to see that. I’ve made up my mind to ignore all reviews. It’s the only way I can cope with this now. I really dislike being so complaining. Sorry guys. I take my work on fiverr very seriously.

Reviewing buyers should not be so important, unless you have to defend yourself from a bad review, assuming that you have worked properly.
As a voiceover artist, if a buyer has provided the right script and instructions, he only did what he should do to have his order delivered. Period. What should I say about him?

I for one won’t leave any reviews anymore + if clients will abuse this new system I will be forced to move to another platform. Sometimes I think fiverr will not care about the sellers. I understand that they want the buyers to have a great experience BUT that’s what we want as sellers too, it’s the only way to recive orders.

Maybe if a buyer was extremely abusive and cruel to me in how they communicated, or lashed out in some way---- or was overtly explicit in an indecent way I MIGHT be tempted to say that in my review but otherwise I cannot think of what would make me make any even slightly negative comments about them.

Here’s the thing. How people interpret abuse and cruelty isn’t always correct. I have a video gig and buyers often ask for 3-15 revisions per order. - Yes, this is ridiculous. However, all of these revisions are minor. Most buyers decide that they want something worded a little differently. Alternatively, they might see me use stock footage and remember they have something more relevant on file which they would like me to replace used footage with.

This can be hugely stressful. However, I have come to realize 2 very important things. Firstly, I get very few scammers and/or intentionally exploitative buyers on this gig. My gig simply appeals to new startups on a limited budget who appreciate what I have to offer, but not how much time creating a video really takes.

I know this because even my most demanding revisionista buyers leave glowing 5-star reviews. Of course, I could increase my prices. However, then I wouldn’t be tapping the market that I am. Also, this is the only gig I have where it genuinely feels good to know that I have helped someone.

If I had just created this gig and just started getting some of the buyers that I do, I think I would be at risk of scaring my target audience away with brutally honest reviews. Instead, over time I have incrementally increased prices and expanded on the style of video I create, in accordance with how I read my target audience.

I think some sellers may now inadvertently miss-read the intentions of their own buyers, and end up sabotaging their own gigs by leaving ‘honest reviews’ too early. Moreover, this is why I will be declining to review orders myself, at least until the full implementation of this feature is made clear.

Archived