Blind Reviews & The Day I Started Censoring Myself

cyaxrex

G’morning everyone! This was a fun thread to read and a lot to unpack. This feature is not 100% and we are gradually releasing the full flow for this change. While dancing around specifics, I can say that issues and concerns raised here are addressed in the full solution - so stay tuned don’t be worried of providing a candid feedback on your experience with the buyer. We want both sellers and buyers to be truthful with their interactions.

Glad this is “fun” for you, Mr. Jensen. But I’m not sure that your “dancing around specifics” about addressing a rollout to a half-baked solution meets your personal goal of always surprising and delighting customers.

I realize you are personally not responsible for the polices of the site and are just trying to manage an online community, but we aren’t nitwits. And to imply we, as sellers, weren’t already being truthful with our interactions is a little offensive. Fiverr already overwhelmingly favors buyers and I can assure you, each and every one of us has been held hostage by a bottom feeder at least once before this new blind review system. This just makes it even easier for them to take advantage of us.

I apologize for being harsh.

each and every one of us has been held hostage by a bottom feeder at least once before this new blind review system. This just makes it even easier for them to take advantage of us.

I apologize for being harsh.

That’s true indeed. …

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G’morning everyone! This was a fun thread to read and a lot to unpack. This feature is not 100% and we are gradually releasing the full flow for this change. While dancing around specifics, I can say that issues and concerns raised here are addressed in the full solution - so stay tuned don’t be worried of providing a candid feedback on your experience with the buyer. We want both sellers and buyers to be truthful with their interactions.

Thanks for hearing us out.

I echo the sentiments of the vast majority here in saying this is a horrible change. I truly hope it’ll be reversed or at the very least amended to allow sellers to see what the buyer has written before we leave them a review in some form (appreciate this negates the fact Fiverr wants to force some sort of weird “blind” system).

Right now it’s yet another headache for sellers like myself who would rather focus on doing good work and providing a great service to their customers.

Thanks.

Well, it has started. I have had my first encounter with the new blind review system. - And I have sold out.

A buyer messaged me recently and to be honest, I didn’t want to work with them. They seemed too needy and were clearly only looking to pay the absolute minimum. I went so far as to state that it sounded like they needed an in-depth consultation and that I was afraid I couldn’t offer them this. Then suddenly: Boom! They placed an order, minus any of the information which I told them I would need to complete their work.

This upset me. However, I delivered on this order and as soon as I did, the buyer marked it as complete. Then I received a notification stating that the buyer had left a review. To see it, I would have to leave a review first.

Now, I don’t usually review buyers. In fact, I usually only review buyers if they leave a super nice review or a tip. However, now it is the case that new reviews won’t appear on my gig pages for 10-days until I do. What’s that word? Blackmail?

Anyway, I had to write something and with this order, I guessed that the buyer had a 50/50 chance of leaving a negative review. After all, I had asked them not to place an order with me. The thing is, how would writing anything like that benefit me? My reviews show up on my profile. If I say anything bad about any buyer, this will reflect poorly on me.

So, I left a basic 5-star review thanking the buyer for their order. After I did, I found that the buyer had left a 5-star review of their own and there was a ‘phew’ moment.

My Review of the Review System

For me, the new blind review system is just another needless headache. If reviews of buyers appeared on their own profile pages, the system would be workable. They don’t, though. They just appear on yours.

As for other immediate problems:

• I think buyers I leave positive reviews (when these are warranted) like these as it adds a personal touch to my overall service standard. Now I can’t offer this.
  • Now things are more time-consuming. Namely, because if I want reviews, I have to dole them out myself, even though doing so serves no practical purpose.
  • I am pretty sure that if I said anything which this buyer might not have liked, they would have reported me to CS.
  • There is still no way for me to check the reviews of buyers left by other sellers

As it is, I think that I will refrain from reviewing buyers at all from now on. It’s too risky to leave buyers anything other than 5-stars and… Well, career suicide really. In cases where a buyer leaves me 1-star, I’m going to look pretty stupid saying “Thank you for your order!” Worse, it will look like I don’t even care to give a buyer a reason why their delivery might not have been to their satisfaction.

This is really a headache for the sellers!

If reviews of buyers appeared on their own profile pages, the system would be workable

This is the main point if it really appear on buyer’s profile then it would help! Also then we should have option to accept the orde or decline it as per what buyers have got reviews from sellers! But when there is no such thing then this blind review system really has no real value.

With this new system it’s impossible to respond to a negative review, and address the issues that may have been a result of the buyer’s negligence in reading the gig description, and submitting the necessary requirements and OR – going MIA until the buyer had no choice but to delivery (based on what they had to work with, but could have had a more favorable result with additional info )… along with a whole slew of other in-order issues that are no fault of the seller.

If this system is being implemented they BUYER’S reviews should 100% be visible on their page as well… that way if they were inclined to pull a last minute dirty move - they would think twice.

I really hope Fiverr takes this on board, it’s a horrible idea and simply doesn’t work.

As someone that has abided by their rules, never taking work away from the site even when requested to, I fear this will push a lot of sellers away that truly care about their work, reputation and professionalism.

There are too many buyers on here that will order a minimum gig, demand the earth - through fear, us sellers deliver way above and beyond in case of the dreaded negative reviews that can ruin everything! Once again, more increased power to the buyer and us poor sellers are left hopeless.

I really hope Fiverr takes this on board, it’s a horrible idea and simply doesn’t work.

As someone that has abided by their rules, never taking work away from the site even when requested to, I fear this will push a lot of sellers away that truly care about their work, reputation and professionalism.

There are too many buyers on here that will order a minimum gig, demand the earth - through fear, us sellers deliver way above and beyond in case of the dreaded negative reviews that can ruin everything! Once again, more increased power to the buyer and us poor sellers are left hopeless.

Yep… There are so many tools they could implement to make sellers lives a bit more easier. It’s such crap honestly, they run this whole Doer’s campaign trying to champion what folks can do on this website, but in reality it is just Fiverr making some dumb system that we have to use, when the old way wasn’t broken. I mean where is…

1. A system for weekly scheduled days off for sellers that don’t count against delivery times?
  2. A proofing system for graphic designers that isn’t locked behind the $100 order paywall?
  3. Global notification system for Sellers so they can alert current buyers and clients of time delays or unexpected issues? (for example hurricane Florence in my area)
  4. How about a profile page where I have more then a PARAGRAPH to describe what I do and how I work?
  5. Global setting to turn off 24-hour delivery for ALL GIGS at once… instead of doing it 1 by 1.

There are sooooo many of these I have requested over the past 5 years, I’m a Top Rated Seller and I have been on this site since it was beta, I have been asking for these things for so long, the biggest is a scheduled day off… ugh, but instead we get more and more ways to make it harder for me to work.

I do hate to say it, but fear in the next 2-5 years this site will slowly die and will mostly only have scammers from ******, ********* and **********… I mean honestly about 25-35% of my business is fixing covers from “designers” from those countries and others who are basically on here for a scam and a quick buck. At any given moment in my categories I can find 30-40 gigs using stolen graphics or book covers they didn’t create.

O well, it was good while it lasted I guess…I’ll hold on as long as I can but I’m starting to slip honestly… 😕

Mod Note: Regional references (a violation of forum rules) removed and post otherwise restored.

Yep… There are so many tools they could implement to make sellers lives a bit more easier. It’s such crap honestly, they run this whole Doer’s campaign trying to champion what folks can do on this website, but in reality it is just Fiverr making some dumb system that we have to use, when the old way wasn’t broken. I mean where is…

1. A system for weekly scheduled days off for sellers that don’t count against delivery times?
  2. A proofing system for graphic designers that isn’t locked behind the $100 order paywall?
  3. Global notification system for Sellers so they can alert current buyers and clients of time delays or unexpected issues? (for example hurricane Florence in my area)
  4. How about a profile page where I have more then a PARAGRAPH to describe what I do and how I work?
  5. Global setting to turn off 24-hour delivery for ALL GIGS at once… instead of doing it 1 by 1.

There are sooooo many of these I have requested over the past 5 years, I’m a Top Rated Seller and I have been on this site since it was beta, I have been asking for these things for so long, the biggest is a scheduled day off… ugh, but instead we get more and more ways to make it harder for me to work.

I do hate to say it, but fear in the next 2-5 years this site will slowly die and will mostly only have scammers from ******, ********* and **********… I mean honestly about 25-35% of my business is fixing covers from “designers” from those countries and others who are basically on here for a scam and a quick buck. At any given moment in my categories I can find 30-40 gigs using stolen graphics or book covers they didn’t create.

O well, it was good while it lasted I guess…I’ll hold on as long as I can but I’m starting to slip honestly… 😕

Mod Note: Regional references (a violation of forum rules) removed and post otherwise restored.

• A system for weekly scheduled days off for sellers that don’t count against delivery times?
  • A proofing system for graphic designers that isn’t locked behind the $100 order paywall?
  • Global notification system for Sellers so they can alert current buyers and clients of time delays or unexpected issues? (for example hurricane Florence in my area)
  • How about a profile page where I have more then a PARAGRAPH to describe what I do and how I work?
  • Global setting to turn off 24-hour delivery for ALL GIGS at once… instead of doing it 1 by 1.

These ideas are brilliant.

Nail on the head. Totally…everything you said!

Surely our 20% commission counts for some sort of voice on these changes that really don’t favour the Seller?!

I defend Fiverr as a platform to other professionals in my field. If they continue, I’m not sure what I’ll be able to defend in a world that it demanding we are rightfully paid for the work that is completed, Fiverr will be shooting themselves in the foot for Sellers that want to, with ease, manage a Self Employed profession within their field.

Nail on the head. Totally…everything you said!

Surely our 20% commission counts for some sort of voice on these changes that really don’t favour the Seller?!

I defend Fiverr as a platform to other professionals in my field. If they continue, I’m not sure what I’ll be able to defend in a world that it demanding we are rightfully paid for the work that is completed, Fiverr will be shooting themselves in the foot for Sellers that want to, with ease, manage a Self Employed profession within their field.

Yep, I mean before they implemented this 90% stats and ratings… I had like 58% 24 hour replies… 65% on time delivery but I was always 5 stars with great reviews, because I did the work and over delivered on everything, if I was late I compensated them for that and 99.9% of people don’t have a problem if you are a tad late. I mean before I could take a weekend and not even visit Fiverr and knew I would take a hit on replies, but it was worth it for me and my sanity… no my phone constantly dings, I send an auto reply to to satisfy a number, So Fiverr was successful in taking out any amount of customer service or care that would go into that one message.

I don’t know, tried to thinking about it 😕 Just hope the site is around long enough for me to figure out what I want to do after it goes away…

At any given moment in my categories I can find 30-40 gigs using stolen graphics or book covers they didn’t crea

On the plus side, you’ve just reminded me who I should really invest in to get my next book cover created by! I don’t really buy on Fiverr anymore, but I think you’re worth it. 🙂 Also, I just received an email from Createspace notifying me that Createspace and Amazon KDP will be merging soon. I may now revive my long-defunct Kindke and Createspace book formating gig and you might want to also create a gig targeted at that new market.

This, (while it lasts) is for me the only enduring saving grace of Fiverr. You do have extraordinarily talented and market-aware people here. If only Fiverr could allow sellers to sell without interruption (aside from in extreme cases) this place could be beautiful.

At any given moment in my categories I can find 30-40 gigs using stolen graphics or book covers they didn’t crea

On the plus side, you’ve just reminded me who I should really invest in to get my next book cover created by! I don’t really buy on Fiverr anymore, but I think you’re worth it. 🙂 Also, I just received an email from Createspace notifying me that Createspace and Amazon KDP will be merging soon. I may now revive my long-defunct Kindke and Createspace book formating gig and you might want to also create a gig targeted at that new market.

This, (while it lasts) is for me the only enduring saving grace of Fiverr. You do have extraordinarily talented and market-aware people here. If only Fiverr could allow sellers to sell without interruption (aside from in extreme cases) this place could be beautiful.

Thanks buddy 🙂 Man I tried to do formatting for a week but I get so frustrated… 😛 While I can do it, something about formatting just makes me really angry… lol I don’t know why…

But yeah dude hit me up if you have help buddy, we can chat about ideas for a cover before you order.

Thanks buddy 🙂 Man I tried to do formatting for a week but I get so frustrated… 😛 While I can do it, something about formatting just makes me really angry… lol I don’t know why…

But yeah dude hit me up if you have help buddy, we can chat about ideas for a cover before you order.

While I can do it, something about formatting just makes me really angry… lol I don’t know why…

This is why my old book formatting gig died a long time ago. I was asked to create an ebook version of a cut out paper book. (Where you physically cut out pictures with scissors). The buyer couldn’t grasp how this was impossible with an ebook. And then I lost faith in humanity.

Maybe higher prices might deter these folks. Speaking as one, though, authors are a weird bunch.

Seller’s review of Buyer doesn’t even show on Buyer’s profile so i believe it is completely useless and wast of time, unless buyer leaves a very negative or very positive review.

Its like First buyers review us, then we review ourselves. and now that we have Blind review, it adds to this overhead and wast of time.

Someone left me a review today but I can’t see it. Can anyone see a recent review on my profile? Is it good? I know I said I would not care but now that it’s a big secret from me, it makes me curious. Fiverr stop hiding things from me please. We are both on the same side.

The last one is from yesterday - 😶

Someone left me a review today but I can’t see it. Can anyone see a recent review on my profile? Is it good? I know I said I would not care but now that it’s a big secret from me, it makes me curious. Fiverr stop hiding things from me please. We are both on the same side.

You’ll have to wait for 10 days or make the review to be able to see it earlier :frowning_face:

I think review doesn’t even appear to others unless you review it…

what if we chose not to review buyer…?

I don’t really buy on Fiverr anymore, but I think you’re worth it. 🙂

😳

:thinking:

Oh well, you’re right, I’m still too new to also be considered worthy 😢

Archived