Changes to help Established Level 1, 2 and TRS Sellers

Secondly, Fiverr should take serious actions against scammers. I see lots of posts seller complaining about orders canceled after getting 5 stars reviews. These buyers take seller’s work, plus they also cancel the orders and take money away with them. It is one of the very important area where fiverr should do some work. A buyer shouldn’t be able to cancel the order after rating the order. In this case, fiverr cs team should step in and check out if the buyer is scammer or not.

Even if a seller does a great job but at the end, the seller loses (money + work) without doing any mistake. After such incidents seller’s moral and performance go down.

I have three more suggestions besides the title of this post.
1- There is a bug in fiverr app. If a buyer place orders and complete it after completing the order seller is not able to contact the buyer if he already doesn’t exist in his inbox. This should be resolved.
2- There should be a draft message option.
3- Seller should know their private feedback score. The only score should be available for past 30 days. P.S I’m not asking buyers names or etc. I only want fiverr should show total private feedback score of past 30 days so the sellers can improve their performance.

If anyone of you guys agrees with any of my replies then please do like so that can be taken into the consideration. Thank you all.

You’re not going to like my post? How will I sleep tonight? 😉

I understand your concern however every problem buyer I have had this year has stood out for the same reasons. They’re new, located somewhere other than where they say they are, and often come back after a nightmare order or CS cancellation using a different account.

I do not have an ideal solution to this problem. There are, however, several ways Fiverr could reduce chargebacks and cancellations if it wanted to. Messed up location fine. Blacklist PayPal addresses and make sure Paypal addresses always match contact email addresses instead. Just do something.

I trust you slept just fine :slight_smile: and I liked your post, after all, I decided having concerns about 1/10 or so points justified a like 😉 it was just a try to draw attention to Eoin’s thread rule 😛

Also, you may post more than one idea but use a new reply for each one - that way people can like the ones they like and ignore the ones they don’t like.

A real escrow system that makes it impossible for buyers to cheat when a seller has done their job according to specs.

different gig extras - requirements forms per package

Wouldn’t it be great if some gig extras were only available for specific packages? Or if we were able to price them differently per package?

It would be really helpful if we could also get to set up 3 different requirement forms, one for each package.

And cherry on top: if a gig extra requires more info, we would get to set up a separate requirement for it, and only if the buyer got that gig extra they would get to see said requirement.

Is it just me wanting this?

I trust you slept just fine :slight_smile: and I liked your post, after all, I decided having concerns about 1/10 or so points justified a like 😉 it was just a try to draw attention to Eoin’s thread rule 😛

Also, you may post more than one idea but use a new reply for each one - that way people can like the ones they like and ignore the ones they don’t like.

A real escrow system that makes it impossible for buyers to cheat when a seller has done their job according to specs.

I want to add:

A new staff thread pinned to the forum (even with comments closed) which is updated on a weekly basis by an actual staff member.

Weekly updates should include:

• Acknowledgment of bugs and widely reported Fiverr usability concerns
  • Details concerning what Fiverr is doing (if anything) to address concerns
  • Details of time lines which inform sellers when bugs and other issues are expected to be resolved by
  • Details of upcoming tests and who might be affected
  • Official announcements regarding things like fee increases

This means a Fiverr staff member. Not an ambassador, Mod, PR person. An actual Fiverr developer who actually does fix things and listen to buyer and seller concerns.

Lastly, I also want to know what happened to the digital nomad Fiverr hired to travel Southeast Asia. Were they eaten by something?

I want to add:

A new staff thread pinned to the forum (even with comments closed) which is updated on a weekly basis by an actual staff member.

Weekly updates should include:

• Acknowledgment of bugs and widely reported Fiverr usability concerns
  • Details concerning what Fiverr is doing (if anything) to address concerns
  • Details of time lines which inform sellers when bugs and other issues are expected to be resolved by
  • Details of upcoming tests and who might be affected
  • Official announcements regarding things like fee increases

This means a Fiverr staff member. Not an ambassador, Mod, PR person. An actual Fiverr developer who actually does fix things and listen to buyer and seller concerns.

Lastly, I also want to know what happened to the digital nomad Fiverr hired to travel Southeast Asia. Were they eaten by something?

They have some updates on Youtube & Twitter. Recently they went to Vietnam & Thailand, next stop will be in my country Malaysia & I looking forward to it.

Following this discussion

I think that Best selling filter should be used for best sellers. For this you are talking there are other 2 filters, Newest Arrivals and RELEVANCE/RECOMMENDED. Also: gigs rotation, decreasing number of rates to 1k only, available now. These are just a few things that only helps discrete gigs. Also, I’m always seeing new buyers at best selling, not only old. By the way I succeeded at fiverr with no chances. I build my own reputation by my own, which now all this I “achieved” is being given to…

I felt it might be a good idea to create a thread where people could suggest changes Fiverr could make that would help ESTABLISHED sellers - those who have over 100 sales, have been around a few years, those who have seen a drop in their sales.

As @xuntes said, there are lots of changes that have happened which seem to be aimed at new sellers and Pro sellers, such as:

• Reducing total reviews to 1k (instead showing it’s total).
  • Gigs rotation (so dont fix 1 gig on top).
  • Available now.
  • RELEVANCE/RECOMMENDED and NEWEST ARRIVAL filters.
  • Rising talent badges.
  • buyers request page.
  • I believe I’m forgetting something.

This thread is only to have suggestions - let’s not get into a debate about the ideas which are posted. If you like an idea, simply “Like/Heart” it. If you don’t like an idea, then don’t. Ideas will suit or make sense to different people and that is ok.

This is really a “brainstorming session” - there are no bad ideas!

It is best to keep the ideas short, so only a couple of lines each.

It will be interesting I am sure.

This is really a “brainstorming session” - there are no bad ideas!

I just want to say Thank you!

CS reps should also… in the name of good PR and professionalism - not … as a rule - mark tickets as “resolved” without them being resolved… (of course I am only referring to issues that can be reasonably resolved.) A canned answer, particularly if it doesn’t apply… is super frustrating! 😠

That drives me literally nuts!! 😑

CS reps should also… in the name of good PR and professionalism - not … as a rule - mark tickets as “resolved” without them being resolved…

Just like a 🐿️

All jokes aside, I definitely understand your frustration. It makes a person react like “what the Fudge my issue hasn’t been resolved”. Honestly, I think they resolve tickets so their queues are not cluttered. 😶 I’m sure there’s a quota involved.

CS reps should also… in the name of good PR and professionalism - not … as a rule - mark tickets as “resolved” without them being resolved…

Just like a 🐿️

All jokes aside, I definitely understand your frustration. It makes a person react like “what the Fudge my issue hasn’t been resolved”. Honestly, I think they resolve tickets so their queues are not cluttered. 😶 I’m sure there’s a quota involved.

Yes… right… something… cause dang!!! :rofl:

I’m like WTH!?? - Then right back to re-opening it!

My last ticket - the CS rep, kept on referring to me as the BUYER after two clear queries and saying “The seller blah blah blah (canned response)” - so clearly hadn’t read the question…

And oddly - this one had left the ticket open - “awaiting my response” (a first in a longg time)… and I am not responding because I am SMH…🤐 lolllllll!

Another thing that 🐞 outta me.

The CB (chargeback) scenarios certain users get their money back. They are told to contact CS the day before SLD, so their stats are not affected. My immediate reaction is how the heck are they choosing which cases are worthy? Many of us run into issues like “I ordered by mistake”, “I found another Seller” and other lame cxl excuses. Do we need to be apart of the cool kids club?! Where do I sign up?

🏁 See, that’s my point their needs to be an even playing field or set of rules in place for all. Imagine, the feeling when one Seller sees another get favorable results from CS, while the others not so much. Yup! Feelin’ like chopped 🥩 liver.

The CB (chargeback) scenarios certain users get their money back. They are told to contact CS the day before SLD, so their stats are not affected. My immediate reaction is how the heck are they choosing which cases are worthy? Many of us run into issues like “I ordered by mistake”, “I found another Seller” and other lame cxl excuses. Do we need to be apart of the cool kids club?! Where do I sign up?

🏁 See, that’s my point their needs to be an even playing field or set of rules in place for all. Imagine, the feeling when one Seller sees another get favorable results from CS, while the others not so much. Yup! Feelin’ like chopped 🥩 liver.

Along the same line…

The whole being penalized because of buyers wanting to cancel for the reasons you mention above drives me crazy - because - I have found myself (depending on my completion percentage) having to plead WAYYY to hard with a customer not to cancel for fear of losing my level… 🚩 And that’s just not me…

To me, that scenario - and the reasons behind it - doesn’t seem very professional - referring to me as a freelancer and the company itself.

No one should have to be desperate for the sale… imo.😶

Do we need to be apart of the cool kids club?! Where do I sign up?

It’s $30 but there’s a cool initiation protocol. In your case, you would need to smoke a pack a Marlboro cigarettes and swear at a kitten for 30-minutes.

If you want to be in, just knock three times on my inbox and I’ll put a good word in. 😎

Back on topic:

I too would like to know how and why some people get special treatment. That said, I would also like to see evidence of this being anything other than an empty promise.

I would also like a clear approved marketing guide and TOS summary which has the stamp of approval of Fiverr itself. Can I market my gigs on Youtube? Can sellers sell social media services safely without risking their account.

For both sellers and buyers, reading the TOS everyday isn’t practical. A summarized version OR “This is what we have recently changed” announcement, would therefore, be appreciated.

Do we need to be apart of the cool kids club?! Where do I sign up?

It’s $30 but there’s a cool initiation protocol. In your case, you would need to smoke a pack a Marlboro cigarettes and swear at a kitten for 30-minutes.

If you want to be in, just knock three times on my inbox and I’ll put a good word in. 😎

Back on topic:

I too would like to know how and why some people get special treatment. That said, I would also like to see evidence of this being anything other than an empty promise.

I would also like a clear approved marketing guide and TOS summary which has the stamp of approval of Fiverr itself. Can I market my gigs on Youtube? Can sellers sell social media services safely without risking their account.

For both sellers and buyers, reading the TOS everyday isn’t practical. A summarized version OR “This is what we have recently changed” announcement, would therefore, be appreciated.

Damn, then I’m out, that leaves me up 💩 creek without a paddle coz I don’t 🚭.

😩

Oh, no not a cute 🐱 Kitty, I’d be OK swearing at a human. 😈

On-topic

I totally agree with you about the TOS situation. :ok_hand:t4:

The TOS is kinda grey; when people say read the TOS. I’m like but this issue isn’t shown in the TOS. Certain things are left out. Example: I don’t see anything about academic work, many people join the site thinking, 💡 hey this would be a neat idea. Fiverr should outline clearly which gigs are prohibited so that way people will not waste their time. I find it strange that many of these gigs are approved and then denied.

:robot:

• Like if a buyer places an order and after that there will be an option whether seller wants to accept it or not this will decrease cancellation rate.

• if a person gets ban after 4 months or 7 months or 1 years his/her account will be returned.

• people who are sending hacking files for them there will be a filter when a buyer uploads a file it will be scanned for any malicious stuff.

• There will be a team who make analysis when a buyer contacts CS for cancellation that team will a review of requested and delivered work and if they found that it’s not done right ask buyer for justification and then take any action because lots of scammers are just getting their work and ran off with refunds.

Change layout of Buyers Request to give it the look and feel of an actual job board. Include an image viewer so client’s examples can be viewed on site rather than downloaded for viewing. Have an option for clients to purchase samples from sellers to see if seller’s style is close to what they’re looking for.

An option to sort buyer requests by:

• Offers (ascending/descending)

• Duration (ascending/descending)

• Budget (ascending/descending)

If they are “ascending/descending” isn’t that a sort rather than a filter (unless you want to specify that it only shows eg. requests over a specified budget, or those over a specified duration etc.).

The most important thing for me would definitely be the “accept / reject order” option to get rid of nonsense orders that actually affect the completion rate.

Maybe this option could be limited to e.g. 24 hours after the order came in. That´s it. And in my opinion this is not a big thing. It´s logical. Why should a seller lose time with this kind of orders and additionally get harmed his completion rate. Sometimes it really doesn´t hurt to adapt features that “others”, not only competitors do have. Simply adapt it, and it is a win-win for everybody.

• 1 month later...

They also need to change the cancellation wording in some cases. If I am cancelling begrudgingly because I have no other option “mutual agreement” isn’t really reflective of what went on.

I don’t really agree with 99.9 % of my cancellations. It needn’t sound like cozy agreement that was all good.

Archived