Ratio of sellers to buyers here

topned

Consumer opinions often count in research work.

Are the people you are polling – here on the forums – consumers of your services?

To provide an answer to your original question… none of us know how many buyers are using Fiverr. That is a statistic ONLY Fiverr has access to. You are welcome to go through the listings and count up every seller who offers services here on this site. I imagine that will provide you with a suitable “consumer research” accounting of most of the sellers on this site.

Are the people you are polling – here on the forums – consumers of your services?

To provide an answer to your original question… none of us know how many buyers are using Fiverr. That is a statistic ONLY Fiverr has access to. You are welcome to go through the listings and count up every seller who offers services here on this site. I imagine that will provide you with a suitable “consumer research” accounting of most of the sellers on this site.

Thus the reason I asked persons here to give their estimates.

What is your estimate of the ratio of sellers to buyers in the Fiverr marketplace?

3:1

If you use this in published works I need to be credited.

My man…most definitely!

Thank you.

😉

My man…most definitely!

Thank you.

😉

Well, that’s a hard question. There are 3 types of buyers:

• Those with seller’s account who occasionally buy; therefore are both buyer & seller
  • Resellers: Those that buy with intent of reselling at a higher price either on or off 5r
  • Those that buy only for business or personal (not to resell)

Well, that’s a hard question. There are 3 types of buyers:

• Those with seller’s account who occasionally buy; therefore are both buyer & seller
  • Resellers: Those that buy with intent of reselling at a higher price either on or off 5r
  • Those that buy only for business or personal (not to resell)

Those with seller’s account who occasionally buy; therefore are both buyer & seller

In that case they can be added to both sides respectively.

Resellers: Those that buy with intent of reselling at a higher price either on or off 5r

They should be counted as counted as buyers even though the intent is to sell would still just make it intent.

Those that buy only for business or personal (not to resell)

They should be counted as buyers.

I’m not sure that the seller:buyer ratio says all that much.
For example, I translate only from one language into one other language and I have buyers who order translations from several sellers for several languages, there are even buyers who have several translators for the same language, because they have that much to translate that a single seller can’t do it, for when their main seller is unavailable or whatever, also a lot of my customers don’t only buy translations but different things for their businesses.
The amount of money spent:sellers should be more interesting, though, again, some sellers get less than average and some more, so that wouldn’t tell me too much either…

Then, there are sellers who sell a lot and such that never sell a gig, abandoned accounts.

But I’d love to see any stats Fiverr has got on all kinds of things too for sure.

I’m not sure that the seller:buyer ratio says all that much.

For example, I translate only from one language into one other language and I have buyers who order translations from several sellers for several languages, there are even buyers who have several translators for the same language, because they have that much to translate that a single seller can’t do it, for when their main seller is unavailable or whatever, also a lot of my customers don’t only buy translations but different things for their businesses.

The amount of money spent:sellers should be more interesting, though, again, some sellers get less than average and some more, so that wouldn’t tell me too much either…

Then, there are sellers who sell a lot and such that never sell a gig, abandoned accounts.

But I’d love to see any stats Fiverr has got on all kinds of things too for sure.

This I do agree with.

• 1 year later...

Its a little old, but as a non-current baseline, this may do… Google is your tool. (https://arxiv.org/pdf/1609.06004.pdf)

So according to their dataset (which is incomplete and only contains data from a certain number of gigs), there were:

21,767 unique sellers and 531,841 unique buyers

553,608 total

So:

3.93% sellers

96.07% buyers

And ratio of buyers to sellers 24.4:1? And the ratio of sellers to buyers would be 0.0409:1?

Though their data doesn’t (I think) give a figure for which sellers are also buyers.

And that will be based on info from 2016 (when their analysis was run).

So according to their dataset (which is incomplete and only contains data from a certain number of gigs), there were:

21,767 unique sellers and 531,841 unique buyers

553,608 total

So:

3.93% sellers

96.07% buyers

And ratio of buyers to sellers 24.4:1? And the ratio of sellers to buyers would be 0.0409:1?

Though their data doesn’t (I think) give a figure for which sellers are also buyers.

And that will be based on info from 2016 (when their analysis was run).

I guess we could just wait for IPO prospectus… that almost seems flipped on its head, almost. I have the sense that the sample was small and “The revenue generated by the seller varies from

$555,715 to only $5.” alone seems off by the other 98% that make 0-$5. Just trying to help, but GIGO.

I guess we could just wait for IPO prospectus… that almost seems flipped on its head, almost. I have the sense that the sample was small and “The revenue generated by the seller varies from

$555,715 to only $5.” alone seems off by the other 98% that make 0-$5. Just trying to help, but GIGO.

Though the sample was based on 41,473 gigs which should be enough to get a reasonable estimate of the % of buyers and sellers (at least the buyers that left a review) and the ratio of buyers vs sellers, assuming they counted the unique buyer and seller totals (who bought/sold those gigs) accurately.

Maybe it can also be checked against another analysis.

Also, the revenues probably aren’t that accurate because they’ll be based on the gig/package prices not what was actually paid by the buyer (which may be from an offer, and which package they bought isn’t displayed publicly), and it also won’t be known for those who don’t leave a review.

I read that report a long time ago and realized it was bogus. The information was pulled out of nowhere.

I guess we could just wait for IPO prospectus

It may not be the best option for this site to go public from a management standpoint but I don’t know the facts connected to that decision. It would be another option to offer the site for sale for… $987,000,000. I think there are two owners. It’s not easy to go public from an accounting standpoint.

I read that report a long time ago and realized it was bogus. The information was pulled out of nowhere.

I guess we could just wait for IPO prospectus

It may not be the best option for this site to go public from a management standpoint but I don’t know the facts connected to that decision. It would be another option to offer the site for sale for… $987,000,000. I think there are two owners. It’s not easy to go public from an accounting standpoint.

I read that report a long time ago and realized it was bogus. The information was pulled out of nowhere

The report says where it gets the information from, ie. it was obtained by crawling what is shown *(publicly) on the site (for 20 days). It also states what software they used to do that. Since we know the financial information of each order was for isn’t shown publicly, and neither is the exact number of buyers per gig (though reviews and total reviews are) we know that isn’t accurate (ie. it will be just estimated based on gig/package prices and number of reviews), but that doesn’t mean % of sellers/buyers was inaccurate in the analysis (at least based on the sample of gigs they analysed).

I read that report a long time ago and realized it was bogus. The information was pulled out of nowhere

The report says where it gets the information from, ie. it was obtained by crawling what is shown *(publicly) on the site (for 20 days). It also states what software they used to do that. Since we know the financial information of each order was for isn’t shown publicly, and neither is the exact number of buyers per gig (though reviews and total reviews are) we know that isn’t accurate (ie. it will be just estimated based on gig/package prices and number of reviews), but that doesn’t mean % of sellers/buyers was inaccurate in the analysis (at least based on the sample of gigs they analysed).

, but that doesn’t mean % of sellers/buyers was inaccurate in the analysis

You can’t tell that percentage. And what kind of software could read certain things off gig pages? The software is going to read what? Count the number of reviews? Because that is the ONLY way to try to guess how many buyers each seller has. Bogus, the entire thing.

, but that doesn’t mean % of sellers/buyers was inaccurate in the analysis

You can’t tell that percentage. And what kind of software could read certain things off gig pages? The software is going to read what? Count the number of reviews? Because that is the ONLY way to try to guess how many buyers each seller has. Bogus, the entire thing.

You can’t tell that percentage

They’ve given figures for the amount of buyers and sellers found in their analysis (when it was done in 2016). It’s possible they may not have done it correctly but that doesn’t mean it isn’t possible to do. They’ve said they found a certain amount of buyers and sellers by looking at a certain amount of gigs. By looking at each gig they could (I assume) note the user id of the seller and I assume the user id of each buyer (assuming it gets shown in the page source).

And what kind of software could read certain things off gig pages?

They said they crawled the site using “R” (software/programming language). But software like Python could do similar stuff.

Count the number of reviews? Because that is the ONLY way to try to guess how many buyers each seller has

Or if it’s able to process the pages and get the userId of each buyer it would be able to filter out buyers that bought a certain gig twice (or kept a store of their usernames to filter out instead buyers who bought multiple times instead of their userids).

You can’t tell that percentage

They’ve given figures for the amount of buyers and sellers found in their analysis (when it was done in 2016). It’s possible they may not have done it correctly but that doesn’t mean it isn’t possible to do. They’ve said they found a certain amount of buyers and sellers by looking at a certain amount of gigs. By looking at each gig they could (I assume) note the user id of the seller and I assume the user id of each buyer (assuming it gets shown in the page source).

And what kind of software could read certain things off gig pages?

They said they crawled the site using “R” (software/programming language). But software like Python could do similar stuff.

Count the number of reviews? Because that is the ONLY way to try to guess how many buyers each seller has

Or if it’s able to process the pages and get the userId of each buyer it would be able to filter out buyers that bought a certain gig twice (or kept a store of their usernames to filter out instead buyers who bought multiple times instead of their userids).

They’ve given figures for the amount of buyers and sellers found in their analysis (when it was done in 2016). It’s possible they may not have done it correctly but that doesn’t mean it isn’t possible to do.

Please tell me how they know how many buyers there are? Can you see something I can’t on a seller’s gigs or profile?

And think about the software that would do this. What does it do? Go to the same X number of sellers every day and do what? Count what? The only clue is number of reviews. So I have 100 reviews today and 102 reviews tomorrow. Does that tell you how many orders I got? Or what they cost?

They’ve given figures for the amount of buyers and sellers found in their analysis (when it was done in 2016). It’s possible they may not have done it correctly but that doesn’t mean it isn’t possible to do.

Please tell me how they know how many buyers there are? Can you see something I can’t on a seller’s gigs or profile?

And think about the software that would do this. What does it do? Go to the same X number of sellers every day and do what? Count what? The only clue is number of reviews. So I have 100 reviews today and 102 reviews tomorrow. Does that tell you how many orders I got? Or what they cost?

From their sample of gigs they used in their analysis, they counted 531,841 buyers.

That’s not (or wasn’t the total number on the site) but if what they say is correct and the counted it correctly that, with the count of sellers they did, should be enough for a reasonable estimate of the percentage of sellers vs buyers (or sellers to buyers ratio). Though it also probably doesn’t take into account sellers who are also buyers.

I’m only saying what they said in their analysis of 2016. I can’t give an up to date figure and I can’t actually check and it would most likely be against the terms of service. If Fiverr ever gives me permission I could probably count them though.

Archived