Using a fiverr gig to propose to your partner

miroslavglavic

So my best friend is also on fiverr, he is more of a seller than a buyer.
I am more of a buyer than a seller.

The other day we were having lunch…including some beer…he wants to propose to his girlfriend…they have been together for 8 years…he joking said he would order a fiverr gig, find a puppet seller that asks the question.

I’ve been with my girlfriend for around the same time, if I was going to propose to my girlfriend, I’d do the old fashioned on my knees and ask her myself.

Nothing against Fiverr, I love Fiverr.

How would YOU feel if your partner takes you out to dinner or lunch and takes out a tablet and plays you a video of a fiverr seller puppet (or whatever) asking you for him/her?

Well, I guess it depends on every person’s experiences, background, cultural stuff and such. But I, personally, wouldn’t really like it. Maybe I’ll like it for a few seconds, max a minute until I realize:

Sure, it’s sweet, but… call me old-fashioned yet this feels sort of cheap, or like you tried taking the easiest path instead of investing time and doing it properly in person. Not to mention that such a video will be easily forgotten, yet a real-life experience of this kind will never be forgotten… reality still beats digital IMO.

The seller should make it very clear that the partner not saying yes is no reason for a 1-star review.

I´d take old fashioned in this case if I had a choice, but I guess if I had a partner who would do it like that, I´d probably be kinda forewarned by knowing him, maybe.

Guest offlinehelpers

I think I’d rather the chap said it himself - possibly afterwards saying something like ‘hey, look what I had made for you’

Personally, if someone proposed to me like this, I would say yes, then take out a huge life insurance policy on them and throw them off a high building at the next opportunity. I’d then use the proposal video as evidence that my wife had a severe Internet addiction and was obviously very unbalanced to start with.

Yes, I would be that insulted.

Sadly a lot of millennial people I know wouldn’t find proposing in this way untoward at all. There will probably even be a ‘let’s get married now app’ available one day which people use to get married in the first place.

Personally, if someone proposed to me like this, I would say yes, then take out a huge life insurance policy on them and throw them off a high building at the next opportunity. I’d then use the proposal video as evidence that my wife had a severe Internet addiction and was obviously very unbalanced to start with.

Sadly a lot of millennial people I know wouldn’t find proposing in this way untoward at all. There will probably even be a ‘let’s get married now app’ available one day which people use to get married in the first place.

would you order a Fiverr gig for body removal? would you order the express gig delivery extra? @cyaxrex

For other people, this question is a joke.

I think there’s already an online marriage app here for whom it may concern 😛

would you order a Fiverr gig for body removal? would you order the express gig delivery extra? @cyaxrex

Figures, but I’m not sure this disclaimer will save your post from being flagged by someone for free, no gig required. 😉

I think there’s already an online marriage app here for whom it may concern 😛

That was…interesting to click lol

Yes, of course, I would buy Fiverr gigs to help me dispose of dead bodies. This way I would definitely be sure to get away with murder.

You see this what is wrong with the world. People just don’t think.

Yes, of course, I would buy Fiverr gigs to help me dispose of dead bodies. This way I would definitely be sure to get away with murder.

You see this what is wrong with the world. People just don’t think.

I should x out fast, the gig extras turned up before my inner eye and I already scrolled a whole page of russian dwarf hamsters and read a wiki page about them, enough forum for today, I think.

I should x out fast, the gig extras turned up before my inner eye and I already scrolled a whole page of russian dwarf hamsters and read a wiki page about them, enough forum for today, I think.

What do you mean X out? Switch off and rematerialize in the real word? This isn’t the matrix or Westworld, Miiila. You’re in far too deep now and things aren’t nearly as easy to unplug from.

Now accept your Fiverr forum existence, eat some more cheese on toast and keep your finger on that scroll wheel. There is no other way anymore.

Well, I guess it depends on every person’s experiences, background, cultural stuff and such. But I, personally, wouldn’t really like it. Maybe I’ll like it for a few seconds, max a minute until I realize:

Sure, it’s sweet, but… call me old-fashioned yet this feels sort of cheap, or like you tried taking the easiest path instead of investing time and doing it properly in person. Not to mention that such a video will be easily forgotten, yet a real-life experience of this kind will never be forgotten… reality still beats digital IMO.

Am I sheltered to think that proposing is still a male dominated area? I can’t see myself proposing to a man.

I’ve had tons of love at 1st sight yesterday, couldn’t get myself to get down on one knee. Hum, I wonder if anyone would have said yes, if I had asked.

Am I sheltered to think that proposing is still a male dominated area? I can’t see myself proposing to a man.

I’ve had tons of love at 1st sight yesterday, couldn’t get myself to get down on one knee. Hum, I wonder if anyone would have said yes, if I had asked.

Because it’s still a man’s job to propose, I bet that every man would say yes if the woman proposed, just because that doesn’t happen every day and you’d lift all weights of their shoulders haha 😛

Because it’s still a man’s job to propose, I bet that every man would say yes if the woman proposed, just because that doesn’t happen every day and you’d lift all weights of their shoulders haha 😛

Well, I’m at Disney, so when I see Aladdin tomorrow, I’ll try it and see what he says. 😁

Actually, I never thought that I would become part of ‘the club’ but I am now 100% definitely never getting married. Too many friends have already been there, ends in disaster more times than not, and it’s one of those irrecoverable life disasters when it does go wrong.

In this case, I’ll bet that a lot of men will say yes if they are proposed to but follow a little later with… “You were joking right?”

In fact, I have a school friend who’s girlfriend of two years is all full on the marriage train and only ever talks about when Dave might propose and what an amazing life they are going to have together. The thing is, David isn’t ever going to ask her and is actually trying to find a way to tell her that it is never going to happen. In this case, I always make sure to catch up with them whenever I can, as I really (albeit quite guiltily) want to be there when the spaceship of ‘he’s really serious’ revelation lands.

Actually, I never thought that I would become part of ‘the club’ but I am now 100% definitely never getting married. Too many friends have already been there, ends in disaster more times than not, and it’s one of those irrecoverable life disasters when it does go wrong.

In this case, I’ll bet that a lot of men will say yes if they are proposed to but follow a little later with… “You were joking right?”

In fact, I have a school friend who’s girlfriend of two years is all full on the marriage train and only ever talks about when Dave might propose and what an amazing life they are going to have together. The thing is, David isn’t ever going to ask her and is actually trying to find a way to tell her that it is never going to happen. In this case, I always make sure to catch up with them whenever I can, as I really (albeit quite guiltily) want to be there when the spaceship of ‘he’s really serious’ revelation lands.

I noticed that, too - many of my friends who’ve gotten married have ended up living disastrous lives if they haven’t divorced already… yet some of my friends have never married, and live happily in a relationship that doesn’t need a paper’s approval for it to be true.

I noticed that, too - many of my friends who’ve gotten married have ended up living disastrous lives if they haven’t divorced already… yet some of my friends have never married, and live happily in a relationship that doesn’t need a paper’s approval for it to be true.

That’s the thing. If she really loves you, she’ll stay without the marriage certificate. If not, best get rid.

In fact, while I am still annoyed with how things ended with my ex, every day that passes I find myself thinking, “you know, I really really like this.”

Stay single fellas! It’s the only way to realize and appreciate real freedom. Do play though. Play very very very hard.

@gina_riley2 I would say no if you proposed to me 😁

Nothing personal. I don’t know you. 😁

Hi,

I write poetry, and I have had clients come to me for proposal poems. They then get cartoon books done with the poem to propose or buy use it along with their other plans. They come back and tell me how special the experience was. Some people love old fashioned. Just my experience selling poetry here.

Charles

I’m 0 for 2 in the asking department. They said yes…but then “no” years later.

Next time she’ll have to ask me!! I want the dinner, stars, horse drawn carriage. Who am I kidding? If she can grill a steak,

throw back a Corona and put up with me, I’m in love already!!! (he laughs as if there will actually be a NEXT time lol).

Archived