Gig Multiples for Packages - option to turn off/limit multiples needed

miiila

But that doesn’t work, does it? Because customers can always buy multiple quantities instead of purchase additional words/minutes.

Yes, that’s the issue. You can offer additional words or write it in your description in bold and highlighted, but still if they want to buy multiples, they can, and you can’t really even say it’s their fault, they should know you can’t simply order 10K words in 1 day if the seller offers 1K with 1-day delivery, or whatever, because if the drop-downs are there, why shouldn’t they use them (some people just have no idea of what is possible to manually do in a day, others don’t care, or maybe think you work as a team, …) … as a seller, you can only fulfill the order, if even humanly possible, or cancel.

And since Fiverr most apparently doesn’t want us to cancel even if there’s an absolutely good reason to, since their cancellation policy change and level evaluation implementation, they should take care of such clear gaps in the system.

I don’t quite understand where the problem is there, either - the lower your level, the less multiples a buyer can click… so, it’s definitely possible technically to limit the multiples, that’s as if it is a punishment actually for having a higher level than it being one of the perks… being able to set our own number of multiples, that would be a perk.

Where’s the incentive for a buyer to order a faster delivery extra, too, if they can just order however many multiples they want to get a big amount of text done within a delivery time that only is meant for much less text. It doesn’t make any sense, no matter from which side I look at it. You’re at the mercy of buyers who are aware of how long something needs and sensible enough to contact you instead of simply clicking on what’s clickable, respectively you’re at risk of this system gap being exploited by those who’d do such on purpose.

• Like 10

I just had a similar problem with my new translation gig. Buyer accidentally ordered a 2000 word translation for the same price, but the delivery was only one day. Since we were in different time zones, I had to rush the delivery and spent a lot of time fervently (but accurately) translating. I really wish there was a solution to this problem and I thank you for starting this thread!

Help us lonely translators!

• Like 6

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, it happened again. A customer ordered 3x gig quantity without the delivery time changing accordingly.

Please, Fiverr, you need to urgently fix this. There is no reason at all that people should be able to order 2x, 3x, 5x 10x, or more times the amount of words with the very same delivery time.

Especially seeing that apparently this oversight has been fixed for the VO category months ago already and Writing&Translation still have to live with it, and have to waste support’s time or risk rating drops and level demotion when asking a customer who didn’t expect a higher delivery time because the unlogical system showed them the same delivery time, never mind how many gig multiples they ticked, for a time extension when needed.

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

it’s 2019 and I have now got a similar problem. is there a fix for this now? it’s kinda frustrating.

I fear not, the only thing you can do is ask the buyer for a time extension and pray that they’ll accept it, and on time, before you either have a late delivery in your stats or a buyer who wants to cancel.

• Like 4

I fear not, the only thing you can do is ask the buyer for a time extension and pray that they’ll accept it, and on time, before you either have a late delivery in your stats or a buyer who wants to cancel.

such a basic thing to accommodate yet fiverr can’t give it to us.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is still an issue!! It needs to be fixed asap! I’ve tried contacting customer service about it, and nothing ever gets done. When is Fiverr finally going to listen to us and see how unfair and ridiculous it is to force sellers to delivery 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. the amount of work at once?

• Like 4

This is still an issue!! It needs to be fixed asap! I’ve tried contacting customer service about it, and nothing ever gets done. When is Fiverr finally going to listen to us and see how unfair and ridiculous it is to force sellers to delivery 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. the amount of work at once?

Agreed. Very frustrating.

The kicker is that some of thing things coded as multiples don’t always even make sense. Why would someone need to order 8 or 9 ‘broadcast rights’ from me, on a single job?

I tried explaining this to CS a couple of times, but I think we all know how that went.

Interestingly enough, things seemed to have changed somewhat recently. I just created a few new gig extras the other day, and they aren’t showing as multiples, when they would have, a few months ago.

I also don’t seem to even have the option for ‘packages’ on my page. Hmm…

• Like 3

Agreed. Very frustrating.

The kicker is that some of thing things coded as multiples don’t always even make sense. Why would someone need to order 8 or 9 ‘broadcast rights’ from me, on a single job?

I tried explaining this to CS a couple of times, but I think we all know how that went.

Interestingly enough, things seemed to have changed somewhat recently. I just created a few new gig extras the other day, and they aren’t showing as multiples, when they would have, a few months ago.

I also don’t seem to even have the option for ‘packages’ on my page. Hmm…

I also don’t seem to even have the option for ‘packages’ on my page.

There is a button to turn on or off for packages in the upper right corner when you are editing your gig, in the description area.

• Like 3

I also don’t seem to even have the option for ‘packages’ on my page.

There is a button to turn on or off for packages in the upper right corner when you are editing your gig, in the description area.

Hmm… If you get the chance, I’d love it if you could screen shot that for me. I’m not seeing it anywhere.

• Like 3

Hmm… If you get the chance, I’d love it if you could screen shot that for me. I’m not seeing it anywhere.

Here (its in the pricing section):

I’m not being able to add gig package attributes checkbox in my gig. The only options available in the pricing section are Gig description, title, revisions, delivery time and price. I wanna know whether one has to attain a specific seller level or not. Here is a screenshot of what I want–> Help.jpg.de2da98a0eb6e77952f00ffb6b48df5b.jpgRegards, Abhishek Sarkar.
  • Like 4

• 9 months later...

I need this right now. Someone bought 3 days’ worth of work in gig multiples at 5 am my time, left the wrong type of document, and is now vast asleep. Due to the multiple problem, the delivery is still 24 hours. By the time I woke up, it was down to 19 and a half. By the time he’ll wake up, it’ll be down to ~12 hours…and that’s not a whole lotta time to do 3 days’ work.

• Like 5

I need this right now. Someone bought 3 days’ worth of work in gig multiples at 5 am my time, left the wrong type of document, and is now vast asleep. Due to the multiple problem, the delivery is still 24 hours. By the time I woke up, it was down to 19 and a half. By the time he’ll wake up, it’ll be down to ~12 hours…and that’s not a whole lotta time to do 3 days’ work.

Hi Jane! I’m sorry to know you’re going through this. 😔

Sadly, you will find people blithely telling you to set Gig multiples instead of packages, but the truth is that this is the worst option for a large number of categories or sellers - especially for writers, translators and proofreaders.

For sellers like us who belong to the writing category, and corresponding subcategories, choosing to offer Gig multiples is asking for trouble, since our work time – and, hence, the delivery time - strictly depends on the amount of words we’re working with. So, unless you offer a very low word count (and I mean a really low word count), setting Gig multiples is never a good idea.

If my advice could be of any help, I would suggest you to consider offering packages. Try to set them in such a way that buyers will be discouraged to order your 1-day delivery package for files with a high word count.

• Like 7

Hi Jane! I’m sorry to know you’re going through this. 😔

Sadly, you will find people blithely telling you to set Gig multiples instead of packages, but the truth is that this is the worst option for a large number of categories or sellers - especially for writers, translators and proofreaders.

For sellers like us who belong to the writing category, and corresponding subcategories, choosing to offer Gig multiples is asking for trouble, since our work time – and, hence, the delivery time - strictly depends on the amount of words we’re working with. So, unless you offer a very low word count (and I mean a really low word count), setting Gig multiples is never a good idea.

If my advice could be of any help, I would suggest you to consider offering packages. Try to set them in such a way that buyers will be discouraged to order your 1-day delivery package for files with a high word count.

I did use to have the 3-package set-up, but that basically came down to the exact same rate per word, just a bigger word count. Another regular user on the forums told me to abolish that, so hearing this is a bit confusing. Should I go back to the same tactic?

I ended up messaging the guy twice, opening a dispute, and sending a message to CS. 24 hours ago, he accepted the dispute to give me more time, but he still hasn’t said a single word to me or delivered the needed files. CS hasn’t responded yet either, buy I hope they will sometime in the next 23 hours.

If only we could turn off gig multiples, or turn off the ability to attach files… I have now added an extra Gig requirement asking if people have put the GDoc link in instead of another file, just to drive the point home in case they didn’t read the gig description, FAQ, or first requirement.

• Like 4

I did use to have the 3-package set-up, but that basically came down to the exact same rate per word, just a bigger word count. Another regular user on the forums told me to abolish that, so hearing this is a bit confusing. Should I go back to the same tactic?

I ended up messaging the guy twice, opening a dispute, and sending a message to CS. 24 hours ago, he accepted the dispute to give me more time, but he still hasn’t said a single word to me or delivered the needed files. CS hasn’t responded yet either, buy I hope they will sometime in the next 23 hours.

If only we could turn off gig multiples, or turn off the ability to attach files… I have now added an extra Gig requirement asking if people have put the GDoc link in instead of another file, just to drive the point home in case they didn’t read the gig description, FAQ, or first requirement.

Yes, Jane. You should go back to offering packages unless you want to see yourself again in such a mess.

You can play with maximum word count, price, delivery time, and whatever other options Fiverr allows you, for each package. No three packages must be the same if you don’t want.

Also, on the edit mode, under “Pricing” and just below the packages, there’s an extra words option for each package (“Add Extra Services”). Set it in such a way that it will always be cheaper to choose the following package.

If only we could turn off gig multiples,

This won’t happen anytime soon, I’m afraid. 😔

or turn off the ability to attach files… I have now added an extra Gig requirement asking if people have put the GDoc link in instead of another file, just to drive the point home in case they didn’t read the gig description, FAQ, or first requirement.

This is not something easy to solve. The problem here is that seldom buyers work with GDocs, so you will have to change the wording and really, really make it super clear that you don’t work with any other type of files.

For those who do work with GDocs, guide them into reading your FAQ where they will find the methodology, including the need of attaching the GDoc link. This, since most buyers don’t even bother to read all the gig description, including FAQ.

• Like 6

Quick update:

After messaging CS and a continued silence from the client, the order has been cancelled, although my completion rate has stayed at 100%. I’m now considering turning the packages back up.

After messaging CS and a continued silence from the client, the order has been cancelled, although my completion rate has stayed at 100%.

That’s really great news, Jane!!! 😃 And I’m super glad for you!!! :hugs:

I’m now considering turning the packages back up.

Nice! It will keep most of the “smart” buyers away. 😉

• Like 5

The issue here is that
the delivery time doesn’t increase with the amount of multiples someone orders/
sellers can’t set their own number of possible gig multiples.
At least one of this really should be in place, as simple logic tells; both would be ideal, then sellers could choose the optimal set-up for their offerings.

I’ve just had it again the other day, someone ordered 3x the basic gig which includes 24-hour delivery. The time should have simply gone up to 3 days in that case, with a banner that makes the customer aware of it before they actually order, for all I care, in case it’s not obvious to someone that 3x the words might take 3x the time.
The buyer in this case even wrote “it doesn’t have to be 1 day”, only it has, because of this thinking/programming flaw, or I’d have had to send a time extension request - which costs me additional time, also might count against us for all we know, and nerves, as I can’t know whether or not the buyer will see and accept the request on time, might need me to rearrange my schedule but I can’t while I don’t know if they’ll accept the request on time or not, …

The really obvious and simple solution to keep things as automated and quick as possible (which is goals for Fiverr, too, as we know) is that the delivery time multiplies in line with the ordered gig multiples.
If someone wants to order 3x the words of the basic 1-day delivery gig, they have to either choose the “next tier” which would be 5x the words and have a higher delivery time “built in”, or to contact the seller to ask whether they even can deliver 3x the amount of words the basic gig offers, at this time, if yes, fine, if no, the seller can offer a custom offer with 2 or 3 days, whatever is possible.

Or, very simple, let sellers set their own number for gig multiples, starting from 0, then they can set up their gig packages effectively and according to what they (can) offer, and such things can’t happen.

Sellers who just click a few buttons, or are super fast or offer such “small things” that can each be done in a minute or two, can then set the gig multiples to 10, 100, or 1000 for all I care, and those who actually need time to do their job, can set up their gigs so that they aren’t stuck between Scylla and Charybdis, when looking at their options when someone books too many multiples.

/rant over, but it’s still a suggestion. There is no logic in how it currently is; it should be at the least so that either the delivery time automatically increases with multiples, or that sellers can set their own gig multiple limit, ideally both.

• Like 6

After messaging CS and a continued silence from the client, the order has been cancelled, although my completion rate has stayed at 100%.

I’m now considering turning the packages back up.

Nice! It will keep most of the “smart” buyers away. 😉

Yeah, I’m super happy too! After all the CS horror stories here and on blog posts, I thought this was going to go horribly wrong, but they did an amazing job.

I’ve just had it again the other day, someone ordered 3x the basic gig which includes 24-hour delivery.

Wait, just to confirm… You have gig packages set up, and they can still select gig multiples?

• Like 4

Yep. I’ve had a nice customer some time ago, who told me he realized the issue and was curious enough to try out how many gig multiples he’d have been able to order without the delivery time changing at all … he said he gave up somewhere in the hundreds of multiples …

Of course, typically, nobody would order hundreds of multiples, but even 2 or 3 can pose a problem if you want to offer fast delivery times, and Fiverr obviously wants people to offer fast delivery times.

Actually, I even think when you do not have packages set up, the amount of gig multiples someone can theoretically order is less, I tried switching to no packages some time ago to see if that might help, but it’s still a lot of multiples, so you can just as well use packages.

• Like 5

Yep. I’ve had a nice customer some time ago, who told me he realized the issue and was curious enough to try out how many gig multiples he’d have been able to order without the delivery time changing at all … he said he gave up somewhere in the hundreds of multiples …

Of course, typically, nobody would order hundreds of multiples, but even 2 or 3 can pose a problem if you want to offer fast delivery times, and Fiverr obviously wants people to offer fast delivery times.

Actually, I even think when you do not have packages set up, the amount of gig multiples someone can theoretically order is less, I tried switching to no packages some time ago to see if that might help, but it’s still a lot of multiples, so you can just as well use packages.

I just checked your profile, and although I couldn’t find the dreaded gig multiples, I did see buyers can alter the amount of words in a package. I had the same issue when setting up my gigs. I could change my 1,500 words to 1,500,000, and while the price went up, the time stayed the same. This feature mysteriously turned off when I removed the “Additional words: X words for $X” option.

• Like 4