Gig Multiples for Packages - option to turn off/limit multiples needed

miiila

5 minutes ago, dev_naymul247 said:

To much information 🥴🥴

I am not sure what you mean, nor do I understand the value that this comment adds to the conversation.. 

This request is crucial for a lot of sellers, and we really hope it will be implemented as soon as possible.

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, emilie_canchon said:

It is absolutely ridiculous that someone can order 20 times the same package without any adjustment to the delivery date

Even with the date adjustment, some people like me just want to limit the word count people can buy and do custom offers as needed. The idea of having gig multiples works for some industries/categories, but for writing it's not ok since people can buy randomly and without asking the writer first, which adds a lot of issues. I do hope there will be the option to stop gig multiples in the writing section at the very least, although it would be great site-wide.

• Like 10

• 4 months later...

I agree this has to change! Normally when the client comes in contact with you at first all goes friendly, but when the order is placed directly there is always that misunderstanding of how mach you can do as obviously you cant do ×20(illustrations) in 2days regadless of being a full time freelancer. My main issue was that the extrafast deliver price is the same for eithe x1 or x20 but i think controlling the numbe purchase would solve the issue.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, omeru_bou said:

My main issue was that the extrafast deliver price is the same for eithe x1 or x20 but i think controlling the numbe purchase would solve the issue.

Exactly. It needs to change as quickly as possible. A lot of people are dealing with this issue, but not many of them speak up. That being said, I agree with the extra fast thing, many buyers manipulate the system and do 1x extra fast for 5x the work. This ordering system needs improvements ASAP.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Something seriously needs to be done about this.

Woke up this morning to find out someone had ordered over 130 000 words to be translated by monday when chosen gig is only meant for 500 words.

Customer didn't answer my messages so had to contact the resolution center and was told that, obviously, this would affect my completion rate.

Needless to say I am less than impressed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

7 hours ago, emilie_canchon said:

Well if people don't band together and show that this is a real problem, nothing will be done. I always am close to being on track with everything, then a large order placed without my consent with those gig multiples comes and it messes stuff up. Even if you say in the gig description that you don't accept that, it doesn't matter. And it mostly affects writers and translators, people in the writing category in general because this is where a lot of people need tons of documents and stuff like that..

• Like 3
  • Up 3

I'll add my voice again! This is an important issue that deserves a solution by now. 

20 hours ago, emilie_canchon said:

Woke up this morning to find out someone had ordered over 130 000 words to be translated by monday when chosen gig is only meant for 500 words.

Oh no! I can't imagine how any buyer would think that's okay.

• Like 3
  • Up 3

On 9/3/2022 at 6:25 PM, emilie_canchon said:

Something seriously needs to be done about this.

Customer didn't answer my messages so had to contact the resolution center and was told that, obviously, this would affect my completion rate.

Obviously. ... The only thing that should be obvious is that something needs to be done about this, i.e. that sellers need to be given the ability to disable or reduce the Gig multiples option. I'd keep chatting with them until they tell you that it shouldn't affect your completion rate and to keep an eye on it and let them know if it does, and tell you they passed on your issue/suggestion to the relevant team. It's beyond ridiculous that people can place orders like that without the seller having the option to prevent it and that it will affect their order completion rate. We're not all mere button pushers, who can "deliver" thousands, or tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of words within minutes, after all...

I still don't get why they changed it for Voice Over, now already long ago, and still didn't for W & T. Did the dog eat the relevant lines of code? 🐶

• Like 3
  • Up 4

2 hours ago, miiila said:

We're not all mere button pushers, who can "deliver" thousands, or tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of words within minutes, after all...

Honestly in the voiceover section is not as bad, because not a lot of people need tons and tons of large scripts. But with writing and translation, it's common to encounter people that want 10k words written/translated within a day or a few days. And if you have a short delivery time like I do, you're screwed pretty much. I really hope they add this and help us.. because this is a nightmare to deal with and I for one encounter this issue WAY TOO OFTEN. 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Hey Fiverr fam. I'm... confused.

I have a proofreading/editing gig. It's somewhat strange that delivery times don't scale with increased word count - if I have a package with a 3 day delivery time, and someone buys an edit for 200,000 words, my delivery time is still 3 days.

What I truly can't understand though is how other sellers are managing this. When I look at the top sellers in the proofreading/editing space, most of them seem to use a set delivery time, plus an editable word count field, for their packages. How do they manage this? How do YOU manage this?

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks!

Untitled.png

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, paddy_boylan said:

When I look at the top sellers in the proofreading/editing space, most of them seem to use a set delivery time, plus an editable word count field, for their packages.

I am a writer and not a proofreader. That being said, the process is pretty much similar. And while the editable field changes prices, the overall deadline is still the same. That's the main issue for me too, either this or people using up to 20x the word count without my consent and the deadline obviously remains the 1x package deadline. I've been lobbying about this problem for years, but still no changes, although people at Fiverr know this. They could easily remove gig multiples or allow us to stop/start them. 

Simply put, there's no way to stop this, unless you increase prices and thus people will not order massive word counts without contacting you first.

• Like 7
  • Up 2

I opted not to use the word count input field and just make different packages for higher word counts. Most buyers contact me before ordering (Seller Plus people can put that limitation on their gigs now.), but I have had people order multiples of a smaller gig and expect me to write 20,000 words in three days or similar. 

This is one of the eternal complaints about order management around here.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

13 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Now I use the Request to Order feature, and I love it!

Right. I guess that's the goal then.

15 hours ago, melanielm said:

I opted not to use the word count input field and just make different packages for higher word counts.

I'll definitely be trying this model if I can't make editable word counts work; though I want to be able to use my gig's various packages to scale the type of services I offer (proofreading, line edits, structural edits, etc)., and the "job extras" checkbox options don't add to the gig's cost! Gah!

In the meantime, I'll add my voice to the complaints chorus, and hope that one day Fiverr changes things.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

• 3 months later...

Noticed this happening multiple times recently so I assume something has changed on fiverr's side recently to make this possible, or more prominent. Like many people I word based on word count and I have a base package at a set cost, and smaller additions are more expensive. I also increase the delivery time based on word count.

Recently something has changed and people are frequently ordering multiple quantites of the base package instead of putting in an accurate word count. Not only does this mean clients can just decide to use this to give themselves a 75% discount, but also the delivery time doesn't increase so I have to complete a larger job in a third of the usual time! And of course I'm pretty hesitant to tell clients off and start cancelling orders because a client used a system Fiverr themselves implimented, despite it being incredibly obvious they are screwing the seller with the order!

Something really needs to be done about this, otherwise it's just unsustainable.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

I'm not sure Fiverr could police this, and it's not their responsibility to manage everything for us. The platform can only do so much. If a buyer inputs an incorrect word count, it's up to us to communicate with them, adjust the order and add the additional fee. If they refuse to pay the right price and get shirty, then we can go to support. They cancelled an order for me ages ago when this happened with no reduction in my delivery rate. I suspect cancellations impact profiles for a short time, even if they don't put the seller level at risk, but that's still preferable to working with a rip-off merchant. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

The platform can only do so much. If a buyer inputs an incorrect word count, it's up to us to communicate with them, adjust the order and add the additional fee.

I've been dealing with this issue for years and they can do something... The problem here is that people purchase 20x the gig package and Fiverr keps 1x the deadline. Allowing us to lock gig packages would be a great solution and it's not like it's something very hard to do, a single button to lock/unlock the ability to purchase gig multiples is all Fiverr needs to add. Other similar platforms already have this feature, so I am certain Fiverr can add it too. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1