Gig Multiples for Packages - option to turn off/limit multiples needed

miiila

• 1 year later...

I hope someone at Fiverr sees this, because it's an issue for a lot of people. Due to the nature of my work, as a writer, I always have people that need many articles at once, but my workload doesn't allow me to go over a certain word count. Unfortunately, people place large orders without my consent, and canceling those orders has a negative impact on my account. 

That's why it's important for sellers to have an option where they can turn gig multiples on or off. That means it should be an individual decision for every seller, it's not like gig multiples would be removed. But in many cases, a seller just wants to offer 3 packages and that's it, no gig multiples for that package. Please implement this, because it's extremely important.... Other platforms like SEOClerks already have it, and they implemented the option in the form of a simple button.

• Like 14
  • Confused 1
  • Up 15

I really can't understand that this much-requested improvement still has not been tackled.

It's a major headache, and keeps many people in the affected categories from not offering shorter delivery times, or some things at all, causes them to limit their queues more than needed, etc., all of which certainly isn't in Fiverr's best interest, and for no good reason at all. Not to speak of unnecessary cancellations caused by it, which buyers probably aren't much happier about than sellers, they'll lose time (different timezones potentially aggravating this), need to find another seller, after they thought, everything was taken care of, maybe get in trouble with their own deadlines,...

As far as I recall, in one of these complaint threads, quite long ago, someone from the VO category, I think @annai80, mentioned that this much-needed feature had finally been implemented in that category.

Writing & Translation, Proofreading & Editing, and probably some more categories really need this.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 13
  • Up 8

Thank you for supporting the cause @miiila.

Yes, I've been dealing with this problem ever since I started on Fiverr in 2014 and usually I have a lot of cancellations caused by this problem. Even if I just have 3 word counts I offer through gig packages, people still order with multiples and more often than not, those huge orders need to be canceled. That has a negative impact not only on how people find me, but also my overall income. And yes, it's been problematic for customers as well. 

I hope this will be implemented soon, if it was indeed implemented for the VO section, I don't think it should be any challenge adding it to the Writing category. Honestly, the entire website should need this, because gig multiples should be something the seller agrees to. 

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 15

Yes, please. 

Once-twice a year someone enthusiastically purchases 4-5 items at once and every time I’m just blown away that the option to buy multiples is still there, active by default. 

And the buyers will tell you: “Well, it was there so I assumed it was fine”. It is fine in the context of a $5 gig that takes 15 minutes to complete, I guess, but fiverr is no longer exclusively that. It hasn't been exclusively that for years and years. 

• Like 14

This is certainly a feature that could be implemented, perhaps the Fiverr expect the sellers to enter in vacance mode to be unavailable when they are busy with many orders?

And just my opinion if you are getting many orders than you can randle, maybe you should considere increase your prices.

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, mateusbl said:

This is certainly a feature that could be implemented, perhaps the Fiverr expect the sellers to enter in vacance mode to be unavailable when they are busy with many orders?

That doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to choose how much work I want to receive per customer. I don't like working on large articles myself, and even if it's stated on the gig page, people still order because there's a gig multiples option. So it should be the seller's choice what and how they want to sell.

22 minutes ago, mateusbl said:

And just my opinion if you are getting many orders than you can randle, maybe you should considere increase your prices.

I don't have a problem with the number of orders. I have a problem with the order size. The seller should have control over what orders they want to receive, right? Just like you are able to start/stop the 3 gig packages, you should also be able to either enable or disable gig multiples. 

• Like 12

57 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

And the buyers will tell you: “Well, it was there so I assumed it was fine”.

Exactly what happened to me multiple times. People assume that I agree with it if it's there. And I don't, but there's no way to stop this. For writers in particular it gets very annoying, because people might not buy 10 logos at once, but they will buy 10 or 20 articles if they need them. So for the Writing and Translation category (and I assume other categories) this is a MUST HAVE.

• Like 10
  • Up 3

8 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

People assume that I agree with it if it's there.

It is so misleading. It’s fiverr stating - on my behalf - that I can deliver 1 OR 20 posters in 4 days, no biggie. While I made no such commitments and never once advertised it even as a remote possibility. 

Edited by lenasemenkova
  • Like 9
  • Up 2

11 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

It is so misleading. It’s fiverr stating - on my behalf - that I can deliver 1 OR 20 posters in 4 days, no biggie.

Exactly. I had someone order 20x my second package, obviously without talking with me or saying anything, that purchase and a few more with 10x the maximum word count had to be canceled, and it was one of the main reasons why I ended up removed from search for a good month and a half. So yes... I really hope this option is implemented. Even now I am dealing with a dude that ordered 20x my about us page (where I only do one about us page) just because he could.. Needless to say it's extremely difficult to deal with these things, and it can all be avoided just by adding a button.

It wouldn't hamper the buyer experience, if anything it would provide realistic expectations. This way the buyer knows exactly what limits that seller has and what he can actually provide. Not think that he can do 20x his maximum gig package...

• Like 10
  • Up 2

I have a similar issue, indeed I wrote here in the forum about. I see for most of you the issue is the time but in my case the client ordered a multiple of 6 (illustrations) with extra fast delivery, but the extra fast delivery cost which is supposed to be 10$ per 1item now is the fix 10$ for 6items, and rationally it should be increase based on the multiples. And that's very faulty system in my opinion, now I have 24h to deliver a big amount of work for barely 10$. 

I want to sign this petition too! Please let's do some serious request because this doesn't benefit Fiverr either! 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, roxana_nesfintu said:

I see for most of you the issue is the time

It's related to money too. Because people tend to manipulate the system to pay less. I am talking mostly about time related issues here because it gets very problematic schedule-wise. But yes, some buyers are creative and I had some buy multiples for the basic gig and they did a single fast delivery obviously. I forgot to mention that, but the main focus is for sellers to have control over what they receive in an order here. A single button to turn gig multiples on or off is the right solution. It's not like Fiverr would stop everyone from using gig multiples. Instead it would give us more control over what we want and that is CRUCIAL especially for those in the writing section or any category where there are bulk purchases. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

A single button to turn gig multiples on or off is the right solution

IMO, we need the option to turn them on/off, and/or, for those who want to turn them on, within each Gig, we need to be able to control if an extra we offer requires proportional increase of price and/or delivery time. Some people sell extras that just need an additional fixed $ amount, but others sell extras that would need an increase in both price and delivery time, proportional to ordered Gig multiples.

If I read that right back then, this has already been done for the VO category quite a while ago, so it doesn't seem to be technically impossible, and I'm at a loss as to why something so obviously crucial still hasn't been fixed in Writing & Translation.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, miiila said:

but others sell extras that would need an increase in both price and delivery time, proportional to ordered Gig multiples.

If I read that right back then, this has already been done for the VO category quite a while ago, so it doesn't seem to be technically impossible, and I'm at a loss as to why something so obviously crucial still hasn't been fixed in Writing & Translation.

Exactly!!!! Is such an easy and simple math: If the system is able to recognize that multiple items increases the price why not able to recognize that also the time and extra fast cost should be increased accordingly? 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 9

A website similar to Fiverr, mostly focused on SEO services.. Anyway, here's how they handled this issue. So you don't have to worry about any problems. It's definitely something that can be handled in a similar way here, either with a drop down system like this or a button to turn Multiples On/Off....

1.thumb.jpg.7ad5eccd1a15d6192bfa21cf54052688.jpg

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 12

Fiverr probably doesn’t get enough complaints about it so it’s not a priority. 

Plus, profit. Yes, you’ll be running around with your hair on fire trying to extend the delivery time and figure out what prompted the buyer to do this BUT you’ll get a bigger sale out of it.

Multiples is one of the main reasons I don’t do extra fast deliveries. I got an urgent job for 5 pieces once, it was unforgettable. 🙂

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

BUT you’ll get a bigger sale out of it.

A sale that gets refunded and a frustrated buyer. I hardly call that a win. Plus, it's better for Fiverr if customers are happy, right? That's why sellers need to have more control over how much they sell. It's way worse if a sale ends up being refunded. 

The thing is, for writing at least, there will always be people that need articles quicker, so for us at least, an extra fast feature is important. I don't want to raise my prices and force myself to do a 1-day delivery for everything like other writers do, that would be really challenging for me, so yes, this type of feature I am asking for definitely offers more control over what and how I sell. Which should definitely be the case in the first place. 

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

profit

I don't know about the profit. Many don't even offer extra-fast delivery, or extras, because of how illogically it's set up, or have to cancel often, like donnovan86, or only get 1 x the price of the extra, while a buyer orders 5 multiples but only pays the extra 1 x, where they should have paid, and seller and Fiverr should have gotten the $ for 5 x extras, as it happened for Roxana.

I think it's most probably that they set up a template that worked for some category and didn't really think it through for all categories and use cases.

I could set up my Gigs much better, and offer things I can't offer because of the way it is, doesn't sound optimized for profit to me. And, again, they did change it for VO, apparently. I don't know if they can turn on/off multiples, or even choose an allowed number of multiples (ideally even per each of the 3 packages), but im any case they fixed it so that the delivery time increases with the multiples, which would already be really helpful. Some sellers may "simply" put in a night shift, but many will have to cancel.

The buyer may find a different seller, also order, e.g., 10x the basic package with 24-hour delivery, that seller may also have to cancel, the buyer may finally get the idea that it might be a good plan to ask the seller if it's even humanly possible to provide n x Gig within x hours, or maybe just think, what the heck, and go somewhere else.

It only means more profit in the cases where sellers just accept to get underpaid or run around with their hair on fire, and else, it means less profit, because sellers don't offer everything they would offer else (extras, 24-hour delivery), and a bad user experience - also not good for profit.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

A sale that gets refunded and a frustrated buyer. I hardly call that a win. Plus, it's better for Fiverr if customers are happy, right? That's why sellers need to have more control over how much they sell.

I made all of mine work. Either by just going with it or by extending the delivery time. So the only frustrated party ended up being myself in the end. 

I wouldn’t recommend trying that at home but the money was good. Can't deny that.

The lack of control of what you sell and who you sell it to is fiverr’s staple, though. 

At the same time, I had a call with the success manager and to my surprise, he enthusiastically agreed that contacting the seller before a purchase is a good thing. It gives the gig a face, an assurance that there is a human-being on the other end, and it inspires some confidence. 

A few years ago they were still saying that gig being a faceless product you just throw into the basket was the main idea. So maybe there are some changes underway  in the way fiverr looks at things now. 

13 minutes ago, miiila said:

It only means more profit in the cases where sellers just accept to get underpaid or run around with their hair on fire, and else, it means less profit, because sellers don't offer everything they would offer else (extras, 24-hour delivery), and a bad user experience - also not good for profit.

Not enough complaints, then. I've seen 1-3 active threads about the issue before this one. It's not a problem in the way the completion rate or the gig ranking is a problem. Until it happens randomly a few times a year and you have no idea what to do. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

So maybe there are some changes underway  in the way fiverr looks at things now. 

Sure, but I still think that sellers having control over multiples or not should be mandatory. The lack of such option is severe. As I said, some categories need it more than others. For writers, this is a MUST HAVE, due to how different the needs of customers are, one of them wants 2 articles that are long, others need 10 short articles, etc, anyway you get the gist of it.. Plus, it's unfair that buyers can order so much without talking with you first. And as it was said above, they just say "I thought you were offering this", even if Fiverr automatically has up to 20x the desired package. 

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

The lack of such option is severe.

Yes, absolutely. 

I’d remove the option altogether, tbh. Buyers have no issues with placing multiple orders when they need to or with asking for a custom offer. But I’m assuming in some context multiples might be more convenient (?) I struggle to see such context but it's probably there (?) It just looks to me like trying to larp as an online store way too much. Except we’re not selling goods, we’re selling custom services. 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

even if Fiverr automatically has up to 20x the desired package. 

I've had a customer once I had this issue with, as he had ordered, don't remember, Basic Gig x 20, and after we talked about this issue and I asked him to tell me how much he needs in messages, so I can send him a custom offer with a doable turnaround time, he told me he had tried to see how much he'd be able to order, for fun, he said that he could only order up to 20x directly, but that it's possible to manually increase in the cart, but he didn't know how much, as he stopped trying at 521x ... 😄

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, miiila said:

as he stopped trying at 521x

Ouch. 

I needed to hunt down Horizon Zero Dawn art book recently as a birthday gift. It has just came out in Ukrainian and immediately sold out.

One online store employee was just yelling at me through the phone: “DO NOT put more than 1 in your cart, PLEASE. Yes, we have 4 copies available on the site BUT there is a queue. The availability loads directly from the database, I CANNOT turn it OFF”. 🙂

"I CANNOT turn it OFF, help me” sounds like a good gig description disclaimer at this point.

Edited by lenasemenkova
  • Like 8

I have just noticed something really weird.

If you are logged onto Fiverr and "pretend" to order a translation or proofreading gig from someone, the multiple option totally disappears and you cannot order mutiples of the same gig AT ALL.

If however, you try and order the same gig by being logged out of the website as a typical client would, then the multiple option reappears.

It definitely is a problem and Fiverr MUST address this without delay.

• Like 8