Gig Multiples for Packages - option to turn off/limit multiples needed

miiila

Yes, that’s the issue, the time not increasing, maybe it’s not called multiples anymore - although for the order I got, it said “3” for “quantity”, so it still counts it as multiples. I might be able to do 2x1500 words, or not, depending, but there might be no humanly possible way I could do, for example, 5x the amount. It simply doesn’t make sense that people can choose as many gig multiples/words as they like.

ETA:
Turning off extras and such as a remedy (apart from that it shouldn’t be the “solution”) is a bit of an issue too, as there seem to be bugs all the time, currently, while I have only 2 extras active for a certain gig, apparently all extras I ever had for that (and edited/turned off) gig appear when I check … I had a ticket about some other extras issues but it wasn’t solved, I’ve even completely paused a gig because of that.

• Like 4

On my end, I’ve turned on the gig packages again, and it seems to have removed the multiple option. Now I just have to pray buyers notice the ‘example’ and the ‘please message me’.

502250926_Screenshot2020-05-06at12_25_32.png.1b71c78eabba744dad088070e5b5b3ac.png
Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 12.25.32902×743 94 KB
  • Like 4

That’s really great news, Jane!!! 😃 And I’m super glad for you!!! :hugs:

Yeah, I’m super happy too! After all the CS horror stories here and on blog posts, I thought this was going to go horribly wrong, but they did an amazing job.

I’ve just had it again the other day, someone ordered 3x the basic gig which includes 24-hour delivery.

Wait, just to confirm… You have gig packages set up, and they can still select gig multiples?

Yeah, I’m super happy too! After all the CS horror stories here and on blog posts, I thought this was going to go horribly wrong, but they did an amazing job.

I’ve always had a wonderful experience with CS. They have never let me down and have always been super kind and quick! 🙂

On my end, I’ve turned on the gig packages again, and it seems to have removed the multiple option. Now I just have to pray buyers notice the ‘example’ and the ‘please message me’.

1316475004_Screenshot2020-05-06at12_25_32.png.cf7e8eb7e5e8f0cc1b6e08e6ce08ef06.png

Nope. Just as Miiila, and because you haven’t added the word count option (“Add Extra Services”) to your the packages, you still get the Gig multiple after selecting any of them. Only setting the word count option will disable Gig multiples.

I selected your basic package to show you that it still shows up when buying.

p4.thumb.jpg.d5ab1a68872f1a6e84cbf670160a7611.jpg
p41367×645 68.1 KB

Take a look to my proofreading packages (I haven’t modified them yet, but as soon as Fiverr clears the bug that’s currently affecting the site, I will.). For the example below, I chose a word count of 6500 words, and after selecting the package to buy, Gig multiple doesn’t appear as an option for the buyer.

Yes, I would have to work all day proofreading 6500 words if anyone decides to order the basic package for that amount of words, but the buyer would have to pay 8 times more and not 5 (4 times doesn’t reach the word count: 1500 x 4 = 6000). While with the premium package, the buyer would only be paying 5 times, just needing to wait another day (2-day delivery time).

Packages:

p1.thumb.jpg.04f786dc11a9d4a1ed7e7c9272464ba3.jpg
p11023×763 87.4 KB

Buyer selecting 6500 words:

p2.thumb.jpg.17e4e251553f163fd137c1371b28f6b5.jpg
p21017×771 86.7 KB

Gig multiple is disabled if the word count option is set up on each package:

p3.thumb.jpg.0461850cc4e77307e23f1ec45bed686d.jpg
p31879×745 100 KB

712b60fb41294c795746d81a7ba4a2377ceb6184_2_503x415.png.c45095d1b34b61380d5d76ff95bb244a.png

712b60fb41294c795746d81a7ba4a2377ceb6184_2_606x499.png.edb2be0b15fb2ecba583da11039d747b.png

• Like 6

We need this feature right now. As a writer, I had a lot of cancellations due to this single reason, people ordering hundreds or thousands of words over my word count just because they can.

We really need the ability to turn the multiples on or off, as it affects our business a lot. I was close to lose my level only due to this type of cancellations…

• Like 6

We need this feature right now. As a writer, I had a lot of cancellations due to this single reason, people ordering hundreds or thousands of words over my word count just because they can.

We really need the ability to turn the multiples on or off, as it affects our business a lot. I was close to lose my level only due to this type of cancellations…

We really need the ability to turn the multiples on or off,

Yes, we need it, but Fiverr doesn’t listen. So there’s not much we can do…

• Like 3

The whole setup system, including extras, could need an overhaul, with the input of people who (try to) actively use it. There is also the related issue that if you want to offer some extra, the price for that extra will be billed only once and not according to how many multiples a buyer chooses, which also makes no sense. Say you offer writing an article of 1000 words and proofreading as an extra for $X, then if someone orders 2000 words and the proofreading extra, they’ll only pay the proofreading for 1000 words but you need to do it for 2000 words. No logic behind that.

Sellers are held back from offering more/faster/better if they have too little control over these things for no apparent reason and need to constantly think “oh I can only offer a small number of words in this gig, because what if someone orders more than I can do in x time” and so on.

Well, this forum category is for suggesting such ideas and supposedly is monitored. If you send ideas to support, they say “We’ve forwarded it to the relevant team” (which probably is the same team that monitors this category). It also makes more sense to have this forum category for that, so they won’t constantly get loads of suggestions for the same thing by lots of different people but can look through the suggestions and take on board what is feasible and disregard what is not.

It would be great, if the people who monitor this category could briefly comment on suggestions (at least on the ones that aren’t outrageous and make a lot of sense) and say “sorry, won’t/can’t happen (because)”, or “yeah, (on top of) our list, as soon as we can”, or something. Until then, I guess I’ll keep suggesting this…

Until then, I guess I’ll keep suggesting this…

• Like 5

Speak of the devil and he shall come… Someone ordered a gig multiple just now. Only 2x, thankfully. Should be more than manageable. A seller-imposed limit would be really nice, considering we can’t trust buyers.

Jane, until you set the word count, you will keep struggling with this issue.

• Like 4

Yep. I’ve had a nice customer some time ago, who told me he realized the issue and was curious enough to try out how many gig multiples he’d have been able to order without the delivery time changing at all … he said he gave up somewhere in the hundreds of multiples …

Of course, typically, nobody would order hundreds of multiples, but even 2 or 3 can pose a problem if you want to offer fast delivery times, and Fiverr obviously wants people to offer fast delivery times.

Actually, I even think when you do not have packages set up, the amount of gig multiples someone can theoretically order is less, I tried switching to no packages some time ago to see if that might help, but it’s still a lot of multiples, so you can just as well use packages.

Wow it’s disturbing that ordering that many multiples is even possible!

We can set how many orders we can have our queue, so why can’t we set how many multiples in our queue? It’s weird to me.

I also think there should be conditional logic, in other words, options for orders-in-process would vary depending on what we ordered/programmed into our gig. Like if 3 multiples were selected, the “Express Delivery” option would be blurred out – or whatever we’d programmed. There are plenty of circumstances that make this necessary.

• Like 5

If my advice could be of any help, I would suggest you to consider offering packages. Try to set them in such a way that buyers will be discouraged to order your 1-day delivery package for files with a high word count.

I did use to have the 3-package set-up, but that basically came down to the exact same rate per word, just a bigger word count. Another regular user on the forums told me to abolish that, so hearing this is a bit confusing. Should I go back to the same tactic?

I ended up messaging the guy twice, opening a dispute, and sending a message to CS. 24 hours ago, he accepted the dispute to give me more time, but he still hasn’t said a single word to me or delivered the needed files. CS hasn’t responded yet either, buy I hope they will sometime in the next 23 hours.

If only we could turn off gig multiples, or turn off the ability to attach files… I have now added an extra Gig requirement asking if people have put the GDoc link in instead of another file, just to drive the point home in case they didn’t read the gig description, FAQ, or first requirement.

I did use to have the 3-package set-up, but that basically came down to the exact same rate per word, just a bigger word count. Another regular user on the forums told me to abolish that, so hearing this is a bit confusing. Should I go back to the same tactic?

I am so sorry for this. I did not realise just how broken this particular aspect of this category is. I’ve already tried to go to my thread to update it with this new information, but apparently I no longer am permitted to modify the OP.

• Like 6

I am so sorry for this. I did not realise just how broken this particular aspect of this category is. I’ve already tried to go to my thread to update it with this new information, but apparently I no longer am permitted to modify the OP.

Hey, it’s fine. It can’t be blamed on you. Mistakes and misinformation happen sometimes, and you try to fix both of those.

• Like 3

We can set how many orders we can have our queue, so why can’t we set how many multiples in our queue? It’s weird to me.

I also think there should be conditional logic, in other words, options for orders-in-process would vary depending on what we ordered/programmed into our gig. Like if 3 multiples were selected, the “Express Delivery” option would be blurred out – or whatever we’d programmed. There are plenty of circumstances that make this necessary.

I am pretty sure people can order up to 20 gig multiples.

In my case, the most I had was an order with 10 gig multiples. With the standard deadline… This issue is very serious and Fiverr needs to address it right now.

• Like 4

I am pretty sure people can order up to 20 gig multiples.

In my case, the most I had was an order with 10 gig multiples. With the standard deadline… This issue is very serious and Fiverr needs to address it right now.

Thanks for letting me know. It’s a major, bizarre flaw! Do you get this a lot?

• Like 3

Thanks for letting me know. It’s a major, bizarre flaw! Do you get this a lot?

Yes, almost every week. I talked about this a few times on the forum. Obviously not as severe as the one I mentioned above, but people order 2x or 3x multiples quite often. Even regulars. It’s easier for them and cut costs, but at the end of the day if the orders are late, they blame me. So yes, blocking multiple packages can help a lot.

• Like 4

Unrelated, but offering unlimited revisions is a bit on the dangerous side. The buyer could force you to rewrite the article 10+ times for the same price

My gig has 7000+ reviews and I had maybe 2-3 people that abused revisions. Revisions mean revising the article, not rewriting. If we were talking about unlimited rewrites then sure… I also have a revision policy stating what I revise, so again, that’s not really my issue. The issue is people using multiples wrongfully.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Once again, I had people that ended up placing huge orders and I have to cancel them or they pressure me to deliver.

We really need to get a hold of Fiverr, this is getting out of hand and we need to do something, we must have a way to turn this feature on/off quickly. It hurts us and the buyer experience, and it’s been suggested for years now…

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have new buyer that purchased multiple orders all at once and it only counts as one order in the que. I did not even know this was an option. I have other orders in que already.

The problem with this is that buyers can take advantage. On my 3 tiered gig I offer a smaller gig for five dollars, but the other tiers are more per word. Buyers can cut the order delivery time down and also the price per word by ordering multiples of the lower tier. For now all I can do is raise my prices.

Please please, does anyone know how to turn this “multiples feature” off to buyers?

• Like 5

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

It’s going to take a few minutes to find relevant material, but I’m going to tentatively say that no, it cannot be turned off. For the moment, I’ll leave this definition for any newcomers who visit the thread and don’t know what you’re describing.

Multiples
This option enables buyers to order multiple quantities of the same Gig. For example, if you offer a basic logo design for $10, a buyer who needs two different logos can order this Gig twice (for $20).

Source: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452397-Glossary-of-Terms

• Like 4

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

It’s going to take a few minutes to find relevant material, but I’m going to tentatively say that no, it cannot be turned off. For the moment, I’ll leave this definition for any newcomers who visit the thread and don’t know what you’re describing.

Multiples

This option enables buyers to order multiple quantities of the same Gig. For example, if you offer a basic logo design for $10, a buyer who needs two different logos can order this Gig twice (for $20).

Source: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452397-Glossary-of-Terms

Thanks for your reply. I’m also wondering what the ceiling/limit is. Can a buyer theoretically order 400 gigs, with no time extension??

• Like 2