Gig Multiples for Packages - option to turn off/limit multiples needed

miiila

10 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

Then maybe it's different on my gigs. My delivery time automatically increases depending on the size of the order. And if the client orders 1000 words but the script is 2000 words, they have to pay more, or I go to CS for a cancellation. 

I sent out an extra the other day, and they accepted it a few days later (the base order was already delivered); the deadline for the extra was on that same day (even though I asked for 5 days...) It really looks like a faulty/weird system from my side, to be honest.

Back when I had wordcount extras on, someone ordered 5 times the sample package (completely wrong gig, too), but the deadline stayed the same... Explaining that to someone while on vacation (my fault to be fair for not tinkering with the deadline but still) was NOT fun. 

However, when the extra isn't turned on, it's completely fine (from what I could see, they can't input a custom word count, though of course, they could still potentially buy x packages.) The two things could be completely different as well (though I reckon either CS or my SM saying something about the extra package being an issue.

It really seems to just differ between even subcategories is my idea, which... is kinda weird but I'm not sure what we can do. Maybe it'll get corrected at some point?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, leannelrivers said:

Then maybe it's different on my gigs. My delivery time automatically increases depending on the size of the order.

They fixed this issue for the VO category quite a while ago now, VO had the same problem before that. Which makes it even more of a mystery that they didn't for Writing & Translation, as they clearly can.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

18 hours ago, leannelrivers said:

Then maybe it's different on my gigs. My delivery time automatically increases depending on the size of the order.

They've implemented it for voice overs, but for some reason don't implement it for writing and translation, no matter how many times we ask for it.

18 hours ago, katakatica said:

Maybe it'll get corrected at some point?

Considering for how long it's been a problem but nothing was done to solve it, I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

17 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Considering for how long it's been a problem but nothing was done to solve it, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Isn't this bad for Fiverr in the long run, though? If someone orders, say, 10x the basic package because it's due earlier (even though it wouldn't be) than the premium and they get a 'yeah, well, sorry, that's a bug' from the seller, aren't they risking a mad buyer? Sure, they'll likely only be mad at the seller themselves but still..

I mean sure, more words=longer delivery time SHOULD be common sense, but when we KNOW some people refuse to read the gig descriptions, I feel like this is just a set-up for failure. 

(yes, I had some of those recently and I barely get direct orders which is honestly a relief at this point.)

That being said... 

You might be right, and this is just how it's always going to be. I guess I just like to hold onto the last bit of hope I have, ha. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Isn't this bad for Fiverr in the long run, though?

It is. Many things are bad for Fiverr in the long run (the lack of transparency is just one thing that comes to mind), but I don't see them doing anything about it.

18 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I guess I just like to hold onto the last bit of hope I have, ha. 

I prefer to hope, too, but I still wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...