Is it possible to change the URL of your existing gig?

magisworks

Question

On 11/12/2019 at 3:35 PM, misscrystal said:

It will use the title. Web designer and web developer are two different things.

What does the description call it?

I looked at your gigs and I’m a little confused. The one gig you have called “I will be your web developer” has the same URL.

Thanks for visiting my gigs. Yes i didn’t change the title of will be your web developer. i had changed the another one.

On 11/12/2019 at 3:36 PM, humanissocial said:

Your gig URL slug isn’t going to affect that.

I know in regular SEO it can, but not on Fiverr.

Fiverr explains very clearly that you can’t change your gig URL. No system anywhere changes your URL slug automatically when you change your title. Because then people would complain about losing their backlinks.

Now i have understood. Thanks you!

no dear you cannot change it at any cost …

Wrong. He can change it at the cost of deleting the GIG entirely and making a new one from scratch.

But now that we have that covered, can you please take time and share with me what compelled you to read just one first post of the topic, skip all the replies already made here that solved question years ago? I am curious.

• Like 3

Wrong. He can change it at the cost of deleting the GIG entirely and making a new one from scratch.

But now that we have that covered, can you please take time and share with me what compelled you to read just one first post of the topic, skip all the replies already made here that solved question years ago? I am curious.

You didn’t answer the question.

what compelled you to read just one first post of the topic, skip all the replies already made here that solved question years ago?

• Like 4

I am facing the same issue.

I published my Gig, however my URL is not updated after I renamed my Gig.

My friend told me that I may need to delete the Gig and create it again since I have literally no orders.

It’s not a problem as long as the gig title you changed it to is for the same thing as the URL or old title.

The URL will never change for a gig.

If you are selling logos for example and your old title and URL was about logos your new gig title should also be about logos.

• Like 1

It’s not a problem as long as the gig title you changed it to is for the same thing as the URL or old title.

The URL will never change for a gig.

If you are selling logos for example and your old title and URL was about logos your new gig title should also be about logos.

Yes, thank you so much. I think there is no need to delete the Gig then ☀️

• Like 1

Guest monirakandha

Gig URL Generate form your first gig title when you start create new gig…after submission your gig that URL updated. Next time you can change your gig title but not change gig URL. I recommend that never change your gig title it’s not practice.

2 hours ago, expandwithzinat said:

I had a GIG title when I created the Gig first time. Now I have changed the gig title but the permalink remains same as before. How do I change it? 

You can't change the link. No need to worry: that probably won't affect your gig performance. I think far too many sellers worry about small technical things like this, instead of focusing on their overall gig quality and making buyers happy. That's what it's all about. 🙂 

• Like 3

On 1/14/2023 at 11:28 AM, kawsar_alam1 said:

actually, I changed a gig title but my gig url is showing the previous url. How can i fix it?

Once the gig is created, URL will be permanent. No matter how many times you change the title, URL will remain the same like the very first title you had..

So if you want to change the URL (means want the same URL like the gig title) so it is recommended to delete the old gig and create a new gig. Else there is no other way! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1