Who Is Planning to Cancel Seller Plus Premium Ahead of the Price Increase?

emmaki

Who Is Planning to Cancel Seller Plus Premium Ahead of the Price Increase?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is the price increase reasonable?

2. 2. Do you think the features are worth the money you pay now?

3. 3. Did you think that the announcement about the price increase was an April Fool's joke?

• Yes
    • No
    • I may be a potato, but I am not the fool.

I have no idea how polls work!

OK, now I've figured out that this was the first post, this is just a quiz for the humans and potatoes that use Fiverr's Seller Plus, more specifically the Premium variant. Answers are public.

I am against the price increases. As someone who was one of the original 200 to join, the 50% overnight price increase so that Fiverr can make.... $3,800 extra each month is too much. But more importantly than that, Fiverr showed its cards by  revealing that it doesn't honor its own price locking guarantees.

I wrote to my Success Manager about it this morning and all I am getting - predictably - is silence. As far as I'm concerned, the only money Fiverr is getting from me here on out is the 20%. Which won't be very much, since Fiverr's already destroyed my earning potential.

I hope other people will join me and cancel Seller Plus. It is not worth it. You're not a cow and you don't need to be milked like this.

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 11

I think it's reasonable. I also suggest using it as a paywall and making the platform paid-only (don't kill me 😁).

Two of my three previous managers were brilliant, and my current manager is always there when I need some help (she is more than brilliant 😅).

I know it's not the case for many sellers, but such an increase in price may decrease the overall load on managers. 

Potato... cow... milk... Now I want to eat! 🤣

31e42m.jpg.1bd683645e797cfb0b8f6f9e6a5f4e5e.jpg

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 8
  • Up 4

I would be fine with making the platform paid only. I'd even support a subscription in the hundreds of dollar range.

I do not accept this nickel-and-diming and broken promises. My success managers pre-Seller Plus were all brilliant - after, the quality declined. I don't use any of the features except the success manager and I only contact them about 1/2 times a year. It's not worth $480.

I mainly started this poll to see how other people feel, since there are really only 200 people in my shoes - I currently pay $19 a month. I'm not prepared to pay $39 for a diluted, increasingly bad service.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, levinewman said:

I don't want to jinx myself here, but I pay the $29 and I still have yet to get the email.

No email here either and I also pay the $29 rate.

• Like 7

There's a guy on Reddit who is in the $29 tier who got the email. He wrote to Fiverr about it and got the reply back that unforch, this was what was gonna happen. 

I know it took a while for some other people to get their emails. 

The only other explanation would be that Fiverr has decided that only some people should be allowed to keep the old rate - which isn't very palatable, never mind transparent. 

Just now, williambryan392 said:

Make the poll private and you'll get more traction

Nah. It's just a silly poll that's gonna have no impact on anything. 

#potatoesoftheworldunite

giphy.gif

• Like 10

The poll was very straightforward until I noticed the option to identify as a potato, which caused a major existential crisis. A few hours later I felt confident to supply my answers once I determined that I was not, in fact, a potato (unless, as they say, you are what you eat - in which case I may be at least partly potato). 

All of the features of the Seller Plus premium subscription I signed up for - at $29 per month at the time - are "nice-to-haves" at best that I can largely live without. The one exception to this, for me, is the Request To Order feature, which I think should be an option available to all sellers as a basic part of doing business and not something buried behind a paywall. At this point RTO is the only feature that keeps me subscribed.

I've given it some thought over the last 24 hours and I believe I'll stay subscribed simply to keep RTO, since I don't want to live my day-to-day life at the mercy of the myriad schedules and needs of global buyers in all kinds of time-zones. But I am not happy about it, and as I look at my total annual Fiverr fees for 2023 even before this increase it reinforces my commitment to working my way out of needing this platform in 2024. 

Edited by texvox
  • Like 13

39 minutes ago, levinewman said:

I don't want to jinx myself here, but I pay the $29 and I still have yet to get the email.

I pay $29 and unfortunately received the email. Hopefully they skip over you. Maybe it's their way of trying to get you to stay past June 🤪

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, levinewman said:

32 minutes ago, dereck_s said:

No email here either and I also pay the $29 rate.

5 minutes ago, coerdelion said:

Me, too!

Seems like the curious case of transparent seller segmentation done by the jazzy AI. 😎

Maybe it is an April-full-joke on a selective few of us like @catwriter had predicted!! 🥰

• Like 9

@vovkaslovesnyy  I also think the price increase is reasonable.  As one of the 200 sellers that was on the $19 a month rate, some may be surprised to hear that.  However, I have a lot of time for my seller plus manager, and I believe that the 5 or 6 calls I have with him each year are worth the money.  I also feel that the RTO feature has enabled me to reduce my cancelations to pretty much Zero, which has directly affected my success score.  So, in my eyes, $39 a month is still value for money

But....  I have huge concerns if there are a number of freelancers that will remain on the reduced rate of $29 when the whole purpose of this new pricing strategy is to create one clear price point.  The outcome of this, (if it ever comes to light) will undoubtably have an effect on my decision.  

• Like 9
  • Up 2

9 minutes ago, breals said:

However, I have a lot of time for my seller plus manager,

I would be more inclined to stay in the program if my SM was any good; sadly, I've been passed from SM to SM since  the paid program, each one worse than the previous. As I've said elsewhere, I'm paying ChatGPT $20 for the same advice (sometimes verbatim) I'm getting now. RTO I can live without since I only turned it on a month ago. As I've always said, jacking up prices is another option for keeping buyers at bay (and I was never that thrilled about turning it on in the first place). 

12 minutes ago, breals said:

I have huge concerns if there are a number of freelancers that will remain on the reduced rate of $29 when the whole purpose of this new pricing strategy is to create one clear price point

That's the problem, isn't it? The transparent nature of Fiverr shines through its communications once again. It's very noticeable that staff have passed no comment on any of the posts since the email went out yesterday. If they hadn't made such a hoopla about listening and transparency in the first place, this might not be an issue - as it is, they just dug their hole a little deeper and wider. 

27 minutes ago, texvox said:

unless, as they say, you are what you eat - in which case I may be at least partly potato

No meal is complete without potato and bread! Now I want a chip butty. Don't let anyone tell you that English cuisine isn't world-class! 

Chip Butty

Does anyone want to bet on how long it is before the people with clipboards step in to tell us what's going on? One of the options is never.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, breals said:

@vovkaslovesnyy  I also think the price increase is reasonable.  As one of the 200 sellers that was on the $19 a month rate, some may be surprised to hear that.  However, I have a lot of time for my seller plus manager, and I believe that the 5 or 6 calls I have with him each year are worth the money.  I also feel that the RTO feature has enabled me to reduce my cancelations to pretty much Zero, which has directly affected my success score.  So, in my eyes, $39 a month is still value for money

But....  I have huge concerns if there are a number of freelancers that will remain on the reduced rate of $29 when the whole purpose of this new pricing strategy is to create one clear price point.  The outcome of this, (if it ever comes to light) will undoubtably have an effect on my decision.  

But it's not 5-6 calls a year for $39 dollars. It's 5-6 calls a year for $468 dollars. Think about it this way, AAA is a really good thing to have and hopefully you never use it to only have to use it every few months (just like your SM). AAA is $60 a year for me. My creative cloud suite which is all my design programs, my website / portfolio, cloud storage, and 100 other things honestly is 240 a year. You can buy my a years worth or AAA, a years worth of literally everything I need to design and still have $168 dollars left over. This is also just SP, we're not even talking about the fact I lost money on my promoted gigs last month for how well that "Feature" works for me.

Edited by dereck_s
typo
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, dereck_s said:

But it's not 5-6 calls a year for $39 dollars. It's 5-6 calls a year for $468 dollars. Think about it this way, AAA is a really good thing to have and hopefully you never use it to only have to use it every few months (just like your SM). AAA is $60 a year for me. My creative cloud suite which is all my design programs, my website / portfolio, cloud storage, and 100 other things honestly is 240 a year.

I fully understand that.   However, going back to my original reply,  when I first started engaging with my SPM in 2022, I was a level 2 seller on 240 orders having joined in 2017.  Fast Forward 2 years, and I am now on over 650 orders, top rated and Fiverr certified.  This is partly due to the quality of conversation I have had with my SPM on a regular basis, therefore, for me, it's entirely worth the original price, and the forthcoming price increase.  

@dereck_s Each experience is different on this forum. It shouldn't be, but it is.  I'm lucky in the fact that I have benefitted from the program.  I guess that this is the purpose of these polls to understand how others feel.  But, more importantly to speak up if one opinion / experience differs from another.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, breals said:

I fully understand that.   However, going back to my original reply,  when I first started engaging with my SPM in 2022, I was a level 2 seller on 240 orders having joined in 2017.  Fast Forward 2 years, and I am now on over 650 orders, top rated and Fiverr certified.  This is partly due to the quality of conversation I have had with my SPM on a regular basis, therefore, for me, it's entirely worth the original price, and the forthcoming price increase.  

@dereck_s Each experience is different on this forum. It shouldn't be, but it is.  I'm lucky in the fact that I have benefitted from the program.  I guess that this is the purpose of these polls to understand how others feel.  But, more importantly to speak up if one opinion / experience differs from another.  

I don't know man, I could be totally wrong here as I obviously don't know all the facts but I do know that you have 14 gigs and none of them were showing that they had an order and I couldn't find a single one of your gigs when I searched for website design (I stopped at page 5). Maybe I just wasn't searching right but it seems like you're getting less orders than normal as well but hey I'm glad you're finding value in it and I truly hope I'm wrong.

I got hit hard by this new system man. I'm to the point where I can't see a way I can even stay on the platform so a lot of it could just be me wanting to complain.

• Like 6

I'm frequently doing a keto 'lifestyle' and I don't think identifying as a potato jives well with that, although I do love them.

May I get a little more context, please, since I'm a mere Standard subscriber and therefore didn't get the email? I have been contemplating an upgrade, but then again my sales have plummeted since the soft roll out of stuff we love in February.

Was there any justification given for the increase--any new perks, etc.?

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, emmaki said:

I have no idea how polls work!

OK, now I've figured out that this was the first post, this is just a quiz for the humans and potatoes that use Fiverr's Seller Plus, more specifically the Premium variant. Answers are public.

I am against the price increases. As someone who was one of the original 200 to join, the 50% overnight price increase so that Fiverr can make.... $3,800 extra each month is too much. But more importantly than that, Fiverr showed its cards by  revealing that it doesn't honor its own price locking guarantees.

I wrote to my Success Manager about it this morning and all I am getting - predictably - is silence. As far as I'm concerned, the only money Fiverr is getting from me here on out is the 20%. Which won't be very much, since Fiverr's already destroyed my earning potential.

I hope other people will join me and cancel Seller Plus. It is not worth it. You're not a cow and you don't need to be milked like this.

I don't think the price itself is unreasonable; it's the way they're doing this that bothers me. I signed up at $29, so I'm facing a $10 increase per month, which is pocket change. But like Levi, I haven't received the email about the increase yet. 

What I dislike is how they've made the service worse, with a team of SMs churcning out AI-generated nonsense that I can get faster and cheaper from GPT.

I've seen a couple of e-mails that other sellers have shared, and when I ran it through AI detectors it flashed red at 98% AI generated. Go figure. 

I also dislike that they're not honoring the original price for the first 200 who got it at $19, or for those like me who got it at $29 (?). It's about not pissing on your best people. 

I believe there are parts of SP that is worth more than the new price, to some. But the shift from quality to quantity makes it come across as c**p. It's only about how long the landing page list of features is. 

I'm not planning to cancel my subscription just yet, and honestly, I don't think doing so would make much of a difference, for the same reason that I could increase the subscription fee of the newspaper I own by 15% overnight, and only lose 20 subscribers while increasing revenue. Because most people don't cancel. So, even if 50 or 100 sellers opt out, they'll likely recoup those numbers quickly. They have around 25k Seller Plus members, if I remember correctly..

9 hours ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

I think it's reasonable. I also suggest using it as a paywall and making the platform paid-only (don't kill me 😁).

Two of my three previous managers were brilliant, and my current manager is always there when I need some help.

I know it's not the case for many sellers, but such an increase in price may decrease the overall load on managers. 

Potato... cow... milk... Now I want to eat! 🤣

31e42m.jpg.1bd683645e797cfb0b8f6f9e6a5f4e5e.jpg

I actually agree with you. I'd love to see it as a general paywall. 

Personally, I'm also happy with my SM (not that I need her much but she's always there and she talks to me like a human). 

If the increase makes it easier for the SMs to help those who do want to pay properly, I'm all for it. But I don't think they will. More likely, they will fire most of them and just tell us to not use our SMs instead, you know, like they did last week.  

9 hours ago, emmaki said:

I would be fine with making the platform paid only. I'd even support a subscription in the hundreds of dollar range.

Exactly. 

5 hours ago, levinewman said:

Sorry I'm adding to the jinx pot. 

4 hours ago, texvox said:

At this point RTO is the only feature that keeps me subscribed.

And this is exactly why it's behind a paywall. Someone else might feel that way about another feature. But I don't like this one simply because RTO is the only way for sellers to protect themselves against a problem Fiverr created in the first place. 

48 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I'm frequently doing a keto 'lifestyle' and I don't think identifying as a potato jives well with that, although I do love them.

Carnivore diet here! 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Well, if Fiverr is aligning the price across all sellers but isn't sending all sellers the email, what does this mean? 

Is Fiverr

A) Lying 

or 

B) Going to continue the awkward theme of doing random bad things to sellers on named days of the year in 2024 by having a May Day anger fiesta with a surprise price increase on International Workers Day?

Look, it's two holidays for the price of one! 

image.png.ad34d80cee10a176985adbdcf7113120.png

In other news, I am having to reconsider my decision to quit SPP as a buyer in is in my inbox is not accepting my polite no and while I can block them to stop their anger at my I'm sorry, I don't offer that service, you need and X three weeks later, that won't stop them from being able to order, will it Fiverr... and how will that affect my Conflict Score when I cancel? 

Jeez, this platform. I only got up half an hour ago and I'm already done with Fiverr for the day. 

Also, no response from either my Success Manager or Priority Support on both of my tickets yesterday. Am I really going to need to pay $500 for the privilege of avoiding n*tcases from ordering from me because of a broken new review system?

Bah, I'm gonna go and work on my website. 

EDIT: I am aware that CS is under a "heavy load" once again. Have Fiverr considered that hiring more PEOPLE might be an answer to constant heavy load issues? 

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Well, if Fiverr is aligning the price across all sellers but isn't sending all sellers the email, what does this mean? 

Been wondering if they sent out the email by mistake to a few and not YET realized it!!

I vaguely remember people receiving an email by mistake a few weeks/months back and later SM's provided clarification about it and asked peeps to ignore it. Though, I can't recall what that mail was about.🙈

• Like 6

Surely our thoughts and comments have been passed on to someone and a comment would have been made by now, though? There seems to be no interest from Fiverr in clarifying any of this. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Is Fiverr

A) Lying 

or 

B) Going to continue the awkward theme of doing random bad things to sellers on named days of the year in 2024 by having a May Day anger fiesta with a surprise price increase on International Workers Day?

I'm guessing it's option c or d:

C) It's an oversight that some didn't get the email / don't have price changes. I expect there was a manual adjustment to ensure the original people got the discount, and now they're segmenting to update the pricing of the original people and some have slipped through the cracks.

D) The email was sent in error, and shouldn't have included some of the sellers it did. I missed the chance to be part of the original group, so my price was $29, and it went to $39. I wasn't promised a discount. For those that were you could have accidentally been segmented into my group.

This could just be an innocent (but understandably annoying) mistake.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)

Well, Fiverr is also sending out emails to sellers asking if they'd like to convert their seller account into a Fiverr Pro Buyer acccount. That email doesn't include the significant bits of information that:

A) You can't switch back to a seller account

B) You can't sell with a Fiverr Pro Buyer Account

C) Fiverr would let you start a new seller account (because this whole thing is the only instance of allowed multiple accounts on the site)

Two oversights in 48 hours? 

Most sellers aren't aware of all of that. How's that going to pan out for the sellers who take the offer? 

I think it's a mistake, too. But it's been a whole day and nobody from Fiverr is coming to say "oopsie" or "let me check" or something else like that. 

EDIT: link to pro buyer post

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)

Guys, it's for everyone (from my SM): 

image.png.b74afcfe334c20efed7b1d460eedf1b2.png

I wonder if I'm allowed to make a new poll asking "does anyone trust Fiverr anymore"? My answer is no. That's the last time I hop on one of their "exciting new paid offers". 

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 5