Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

15 minutes ago, yassine_no said:

These suggestions are aimed at not only resolving current challenges but also at enhancing the overall user experience

but these are not your suggestions though

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The so called AI does nothing it's not asked to do. 

If 5r thinks destroying business is going to make them more money, good luck with your new robot overlord. 

Nobody believes it was "just the algorithm", and they don't believe "it all the AI" either. It still can't really make esthetic choices. That part doesn't fool anyone. 

Edited by rudyabel
  • Like 4
  • Up 2

On 4/20/2024 at 1:58 PM, hamzakhan578 said:

Anyone level changed from level 0 to upper level in this new level system? Mine was level 2 and after this new system launched drop to level 0 with 4 success score.

I've had a little movement. I was a level 2, got dropped down to a level 0 with a success score of 3 at the change, then a couple weeks later (still during the grace period) went up to a level 1 with a success score of 5. A week later I went up to a success score of 6. So I'm waiting now for one more success score point to get me back to level 2.

• Like 5

I've been on Fiverr for 5 years, done over 350 orders and Ive always been 5star rated. Since this new system came in I haven't had any new orders. This is the first time Ive gone over a month without a new client. This system change has really harmed a lot of Sellers. I dont even know what to do about it.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Up 4

2 hours ago, ceilingeyes said:

I've been on Fiverr for 5 years, done over 350 orders and Ive always been 5star rated. Since this new system came in I haven't had any new orders. This is the first time Ive gone over a month without a new client. This system change has really harmed a lot of Sellers. I dont even know what to do about it.

Fiverr thinks destroying business will somehow make them more money. 
It would be a first. 

• Like 2
  • Up 4

I'll tell ya what annoys me even more than this stupid success score; that they watered down the requirements to advance otherwise. It took me forever to get to Level 2 with 50 orders (and then another forever to get the 100 orders and $5,000 for TRS like literally a week before they did this). Now somebody who's been on Fiverr for a few months, blows off 10% of their inbox inquiries, and does only 20 orders with a 4.6 rating can be a level 2, but I can't with this:

image.png.6f99b4c70642d2838e62f79d030de6bb.png

What kind of BS is that? 20 orders at 4.6 should not be Level 2 material while Fiverr crows they're interested in upping quality and the old requirement was 50 at 4.8.

I'm starting to think they're just mad at anybody who can maintain a 5.0. LOL

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

Dear Fiverr,

After 10yrs. of being a Fiverr seller with consistent gig orders...my gig requests have all dried up. I blame this on your new level system since this stoppage occur shortly after your official launch of the new leveling system.  I'm very disappointed and have accepted that my time at Fiverr is possibly over. Over the years I have highly recommended Fiverr to friends and students. The Fiverr platform, at one time, ran smoothly with a few bumps in the road...but nothing is perfect. Your new, "transparent" platform is a disaster for many of your long-time sellers and I will no longer be recommending Fiverr to anyone.

I would like to wish Fiverr "good luck" with your new leveling system....but I'd be lying.

• Like 5
  • Sad 6
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, purpledog32 said:

Dear Fiverr,

After 10yrs. of being a Fiverr seller with consistent gig orders...my gig requests have all dried up. I blame this on your new level system since this stoppage occur shortly after your official launch of the new leveling system.  I'm very disappointed and have accepted that my time at Fiverr is possibly over. Over the years I have highly recommended Fiverr to friends and students. The Fiverr platform, at one time, ran smoothly with a few bumps in the road...but nothing is perfect. Your new, "transparent" platform is a disaster for many of your long-time sellers and I will no longer be recommending Fiverr to anyone.

I would like to wish Fiverr "good luck" with your new leveling system....but I'd be lying.

I know how you feel, i am in the same situation, 10 years and everything went down the drain. I no longer trust their "transparent" system. I would like to be able to take my clients with me and not continue giving them 20% in exchange for nothing. We overcome several changes and we moved forward but this is too much, creating a retroactive system where my cancellations from 10 years ago hurt me and i can't do anything to remedy it since my impressions and clicks are almost at zero.

I have always known that nothing lasts forever and that we are all disposable, I hope fiverr knows that they can also stop being necessary and that they can also become disposable. I remember many other famous platforms that simply no longer exist because of their decisions

• Like 7
  • Up 2

Despite hardly getting any new clients since the new system, old clients kept returning to me for over a month and have been very satisfied with my work, I kept getting 5 star public reviews and also private feedback, they don't match with my success score metrics, I was complimented for effective communication and satisfaction of the work which is totally contrast with success score metrics.

I can't see why this is any good to the overall platform if it's come to the point that existing sellers are having hard time finding areas to improve (or shall I say, a rating system that hardly tells what how can sellers improve).

• Like 5

Hi guys!

Is there anybody here, who could amend his level score the last months?

I mean it... Someone, who was able to make it better since we have the new system? I did not really read any positive example yet ( if there are some, pls copy it here )
The only thing what I found, that the score drops very easily but on the other hand it is hard to amend again. 

After the change I had a SS of 8, then a 7 and now a it is 6 - although I only get positive feedbacks and 5 stars
(surprise!) . So my account is in danger to lose my Level2 Badge, and although I am delivering permanently on different gigs, the score does not change at all... 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, vegvarieszter said:

Hi guys!

Is there anybody here, who could amend his level score the last months?

I mean it... Someone, who was able to make it better since we have the new system? I did not really read any positive example yet ( if there are some, pls copy it here )
The only thing what I found, that the score drops very easily but on the other hand it is hard to amend again. 

After the change I had a SS of 8, then a 7 and now a it is 6 - although I only get positive feedbacks and 5 stars
(surprise!) . So my account is in danger to lose my Level2 Badge, and although I am delivering permanently on different gigs, the score does not change at all... 

My success score was 9 at the start of the new system. It's still 9 now.
I did manage to increase the individual score of several of my gigs. But not yet high enough to put my success score at 10.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, vegvarieszter said:

Yesss!!! 

Dozens of good completed orders don't really take our enquiries or orders to the NEXT level but just one bad order is good enough to tank everything for months!! 

Same momentum gets extended to our SS too, either ways!!

• Like 7
  • Up 5

My success score went from 8 to 4 now I'm even losing my level 1 badge. I just saw some users mentioning time extension as a factor and I think that's the reason in my case because I sometimes have 10+ orders k queue and sometimes buyers place order with 2 days delivery time but when I remind them that I have mentioned in packages description to message before placing order then they are really cooperative to extend time (did this more then 5 times this month) and honestly I didn't knew time extension can be a bad thing as I'm very new to fiverr.

• Like 3
  • Up 3

This platform is about to learn a harsh lesson. One as old as time.

"Don't push people to the point that they just stop caring."

Think about it. Can you afford to kill this amount of business?

• Like 5
  • Up 2

4 minutes ago, rudyabel said:

Can you afford to kill this amount of business?

I don't know man, I see a lot of outsourcers and people that lie about working alone (they are a team) having 2x the regular work. So just because some people have less orders, that doesn't mean there's any business killed. It's just shifted between other sellers, which is sad. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I don't know man, I see a lot of outsourcers and people that lie about working alone (they are a team) having 2x the regular work.

That, plus there are sellers on the forum who seem very happy with the amount of work they're getting.

10 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

So just because some people have less orders, that doesn't mean there's any business killed. It's just shifted between other sellers

That's my impression, too.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

So just because some people have less orders, that doesn't mean there's any business killed. It's just shifted between other sellers, which is sad. 

I recently noticed many sellers populating the initial few pages of search results of my category, and I literally have no memory of seeing them before in the last few years!! 

All of sudden there are accounts with 50-1000 reviews, and most of them have very competitive pricing (under $50) too!! 

PS Pricing bit I'm talking in relative terms here!! 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

37 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

I recently noticed many sellers populating the initial few pages of search results of my category, and I literally have no memory of seeing them before in the last few years!! 

All of sudden there are accounts with 50-1000 reviews, and most of them have very competitive pricing (under $50) too!! 

PS Pricing bit I'm talking in relative terms here!! 

I've noticed many more promoted gigs too 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

The people who are busy are still busy. But even they feel a slow down. 
And even if some section is blessed, it was always so. They had them AND the rest of us. 
They will feel it. A little guy here, a little guy there, chop them all down, what's left? 

• Like 3

Hi there! Here's another great story about Success score. 

I noticed that order cancellations have a strong negative impact on one of my Gigs. However, I have only 1 (one) order cancellation among over 20 orders. It was made by the client because of his misclick and wrong Gig selection. After that, we completed a project, and the buyer was completely happy with the result. Moreover, I was sure that this cancellation would not affect my statistics in any way (after all, the system message assured me this).

But nope, CS said literally "Although it is not affecting your Order Completion Rate, it still does have an effect on your Success score". So if the client did the wrong order - it's the seller's fault. Moreover, this "fault" is so huge that it will affect your score even if you have dozens of other successful orders. 

The only good news - Fiverr is not my main income source, so I can pause my profile for a few months and see how it will go. 

Wont affect2.png

Cancellations.png

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, kyiviter said:

So if the client did the wrong order - it's the seller's fault. Moreover, this "fault" is so huge that it will affect your score even if you have dozens of other successful orders. 

Unfortunately, this has ALWAYS been the case. 

Once a buyer has swiped their card and made the payment - we are supposed to cater to them. It doesn't matter whether buyer was confused, mistaken, unsure, misinformed or just trying out things!!  People had instances where buyer placed the order while being drunk... 

System refuses to take any reasoning into account and punishes a seller by default.

If someone pays $100 and asks for the moon - by hook or crook, I need to fly, fetch and deliver the moon.🫠 

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 7
  • Up 2

11 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Once a buyer has swiped their card and made the payment - we are supposed to cater to them.

Unfortunately, the cancellation of the order was not even my initiative) The client chose one Gig, canceled it, and chose another before I could react.

• Like 2
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, kyiviter said:

The only good news - Fiverr is not my main income source, so I can pause my profile for a few months and see how it will go. 

Just FYI, if you pause your gigs your score will continue to go down. I paused mine for three or four weeks and my score went from 6 to 3. CS confirmed it was due to inactivity. 

You'll come back to things being worse with a longer time to climb back up.

• Like 2
  • Up 4