Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

On 3/12/2024 at 4:40 PM, emmaki said:

My eyes were just assaulted by a popup ad. No annoying notifiation yet, although I'm sure someone is working hard to craft cheerful notification spam about it. 

image.png.23c00c1cb3ee6a3e430d9dc6ff0e83d5.png 

This may mean more angry posts later from people who somehow managed to not notice this whole thing! 

Not an angry post but :D.

I did not open Fiverr forum in two years I think 😄

Not sure why but today I wanted to see is there something happening and only to witness full blown Armageddon 😄

I did not get any email, any info, and I was on Fiverr every now and then and nothing was there indicating any change.

Checked my new score, All green except Success score  😄 😄 

I see a lot of people from the past (the OG's) are still here so hope you are all doing great in life (besides the thing with Fiverr now).

All the best to all, and see you maybe in next 2-4 years 💝
image.png.b72632ad9cfca869ab6ce03f4a4207e8.png

• Like 9
  • Up 2

Yeah, I don't get it. I still see all the old ratings (the 3 criteria, no value of delivery blabla). Everyone is still 5 stars. Why did they make all this fuss about the 14th if nothing happened today. Geez. It's all just so stupid.

• Like 8
  • Up 3

Just now, zerlina84 said:

Yeah, I don't get it. I still see all the old ratings (the 3 criteria, no value of delivery blabla). Everyone is still 5 stars. Why did they make all this fuss about the 14th if nothing happened today. Geez. It's all just so stupid.

I mean I guess people already outraged themselves?

In a way, Fiverr probably was aware of the reaction they would get. Announcing it first and then switching gradually (or just suddenly without much fanfare) might actually be in their favour?

(Or... it just hasn't happened yet.)

• Like 5
  • Up 3

11 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I mean, they said that the entire process of shifting to the new review and level system will be gradual. The stuff we saw in mid-February is final, now changes are going into effect. So it's today when people start getting their new levels. 

I guess it is?

To be honest I'm a little confused by how the grace period will function - was that this past month?

I'm guessing so to some extent, which is why expected things to change (or start changing) today as well.

We might just need to wait a bit longer. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, emmaki said:

I was promised launches and stuff today and by God, I want launches and stuff today! 

I was thinking about posting a ChatGPT response to this, Fiverr-style, but I'm too lazy for that.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, katakatica said:

To be honest I'm a little confused by how the grace period will function - was that this past month?

Yes, the level system was introduced on Valentine's Day, but it did not go into effect until today. The idea was to show sellers their current score and give them a month to improve. Starting today, as far as I understand, there is no evaluation date anymore. You are evaluated on a daily basis and if you fall under the level treshold, then you will have a 30-day grace period to get back on track. 

So yeah, that's why I am confused when I see all these countdowns and people expecting certain things.. They did make some fixes, like the cancellation issue, but I doubt they release any new feature today. If anything, starting today, the new level system is the one and only system. 

I am sure that if Fiverr does launch something today, we'll have a news post coming sometime later.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, catwriter said:

I was thinking about posting a ChatGPT response to this, Fiverr-style, but I'm too lazy for that.

Something like this, perhaps? (it waffled for 6 more paragraphs after this 😑)

To Our Valued Customers, Partners, and the Global Community,

We at [Company Name] wish to address recent events that have led to widespread concern and discomfort. It has come to our attention that our actions, albeit unintentional, have contributed to an outcome that can best be described as "causing the sky to fall in." This metaphorical event, signifying a tremendous impact on our environment, our communities, and the mental wellbeing of individuals worldwide, was never our intention, and we are deeply sorry for the distress and disruptions caused.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Up 3

image.jpeg.be3d5be9b4ce518e7f5a2d12896ddca0.jpeg

I just got this notification. Funny enough to receive it on the 14th :)) Are those changes already active or not? Because this seems like a scheduled notification you forget about, one that arrives after the fact 😄

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Up 3

35 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I'm secretly wondering if the update has already happened but because of the 30-day grace periods/etc. the differences aren't very obvious just yet? 

Fiverr's page says:

We understand the flexibility of freelancing, so we’ve tailored the system to fit your dynamic needs. Now you can advance to the next level within a day* by meeting the level criteria. You'll also have a 30-day grace period to work on improving any metrics, so you can maintain your status and avoid a level drop.

The bottom line?

This means faster advancements and more time to improve.

*This applies to Level 1 and Level 2. Top Rated requires a manual evaluation.

so the grace period would be if you were going to drop a level. So I assume if you were going to advance levels compared to what it shows on the public profile it would show the updated level stuff some time today.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, zerlina84 said:

On my niche every single placement remains the same (thankfully we are very few).

I think the changes are still not seen, they might appear a little later. I would just wait until tomorrow.  

• Like 5
  • Up 2

They do have that new home page floating about as well. I am expecting some very visual changes to align with the success score pages (like the ugly new badges to replace the ugly old badges). 

Today seems like the obvious day to do it, no? Even if it is broken 🙂

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ch6k0r said:

Can anyone confirm if the grace period starts today or today is the end of it?

I mean, the new level system was launched a month ago so I assume the grace period ended today. They did say the new level system will enter in effect starting with March 14th..

• Like 7
  • Up 2

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

I mean, the new level system was launched a month ago so I assume the grace period ended today. They did say the new level system will enter in effect starting with March 14th..

I thought so too, but my dashboard says (and has said through this whole thing):

image.png.72a3cd84e3abdb53d73322717d11edb7.png

So who knows.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Up 2

9 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I see, Does that mean evaluations are no longer monthly?

• Like 6
  • Up 3

So the system really isn't working.
Now I have 8 at one of my concerts (from 3 days ago) and another with --. And I'm still at level 0. It seems to me that someone forgot to put a screw in and the machinery was left loose.

0-o.png

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Up 2