Important Updates: Level System (now live!) and Ratings & Reviews (testing changes)

• Kesha featured this topic
5 minutes ago, eduardoquiles said:

Assumptions over assumptions, very professional! 👏👏👏👏
You should add fortune tellin on your services too...

Thanks Fiverr disguised agent... lol

Oh no, I've been rumbled. Please don't tell everyone else. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

@eduardoquiles Man, you realize this gig breaks terms of service, right? Before worrying about success score, if I were you I would be worrying about getting an account ban.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 12.35.45.png

I left that out of my analysis last night 🙂 In any case, the gentleman in the image does not appear to be very well-endowed... 

Edited by emmaki
Just in case clarification is needed, I am specifically talking about the graphic art
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, voicedbyken said:

There is no transparency on how often the data used to determine the score will be evaluated.

"How often can my success score change?
The success score is intentionally designed to remain relatively stable. It does not fluctuate too often, as it considers the history of your orders over time, rather than focusing on individual transactions. Therefore, any changes to your success score take some time to reflect, ensuring a more comprehensive evaluation of your overall performance."

This is unbelievable. How do they expect us to be motivated to work on our stats when they don't tell us how often they are evaluated? I mean, if it changes monthly it's one thing, but what if is 8 or 9 months? Or yearly? What the hell, man. This is crazy.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, zerlina84 said:

This is unbelievable. How do they expect us to be motivated to work on our stats when they don't tell us how often they are evaluated? I mean, if it changes monthly it's one thing, but what if is 8 or 9 months? Or yearly? What the hell, man. This is crazy.

From what I remember it's a daily thing now, there are no monthly fundays, because every day is Fiverr Funday now. This is "tempered" by having probation periods (I don't recall how long they are or if itwas disclosed) so people can improve their performance.

Given that we're currently on a 30-day probation period, my guess is that this might be a case of the Emperor's New Clothes; i.e. the probation period is 30 days, so your demotion is delayed for a month. 

Or, as we might say if we were all baguette-wielding, chainsmoking French people wearing a wreath of garlic to fend of Fiverr and ze Engleesh, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. Don't forget the beret and the long, exasperated sigh of disgust. 

Edited by emmaki
hein?
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

and look at this kind of bizarre user...    Fiverr says that this won't affect my metrics in any way but is that really the case? Maybe tomorrow I will see '' Order cancellations-strong negative impact ''

1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Up 3

45 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Given that we're currently on a 30-day probation period, my guess is that this might be a case of the Emperor's New Clothes; i.e. the probation period is 30 days, so your demotion is delayed for a month.

It really is (It's a Grace!! period 😁)

Can I move down to a lower level?

Yes. If any of your top row metrics (success score, rating, response rate) fall below the required criteria for your current level, you will enter a grace period of 30 days. If you are unable to improve your stats during that time, you will move down to the level corresponding with your metrics.

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 5

On 2/14/2024 at 6:04 PM, Kesha said:

New updates are coming, and we’re keeping you in the loop every step of the way. As previously announced, our latest changes are designed to help guide your journey on Fiverr with more transparency and certainty. 

→ A new Freelancer Level System is ready for you to explore
We’re excited to announce that the new and improved freelancer level system is now live on the platform. You have a 30-day transition period (starting today) to familiarize yourself with the new system, check your status, and work on your metrics as needed. It's your time to shine!

While your level in the old system remains visible to clients until March 14, you should now prioritize maintaining or enhancing your standing in the new level system. You’ll be able to view the old system if necessary during this period. Learn more about the new level system and this transition period here.
Check out the new level system→

→ We’re testing changes to the ratings & reviews system
Our efforts to enhance Fiverr’s ratings & reviews system are ongoing, and we’re currently testing new improvements. We're committed to relieving the pressure of aiming for a perfect 5-star rating. The previous system often led to near-perfect scores, making it challenging for exceptional work to stand out. We’re shifting the benchmark to ensure that ratings accurately reflect performance, setting better expectations with clients as well as providing more transparency for you as freelancers. 

To achieve this, we're testing changes in how public ratings are calculated. In order to present a more realistic view of your performance and service, scores will take into account ratings from the last 2 years, instead of lifetime ratings. 

Additionally, we will test a new calculation method for public ratings that incorporates historical private feedback, aiming to reflect client feedback more holistically and enhance the reliability of ratings as a decision-making tool. This adjustment may lead to a change in public rating scores platform-wide. 

We're conducting these tests to ensure that the changes we're making will have a positive impact on the entire marketplace. These tests will run in a manner that ensures fairness across the marketplace. Clients that encounter the new score calculation will see adjustments universally across all freelancers on the platform.

These changes aim to create a more diverse rating landscape, highlighting exceptional work and building trust on Fiverr to bring you more business.

We're attentive to your feedback regarding previous changes to the public rating and review system, including concerns about emojis, the rating scale, and the value-for-money question. Initial insights indicate positive outcomes, including:
Consistent form response rate: The recent form changes have not impacted the rate at which clients provide feedback. 
Stable scores across all price ranges for the value-for-money question: There is no decrease in ratings for higher prices, and vice versa.

Be assured that we're taking your feedback seriously and will conduct additional tests to find solutions that benefit all users on the Fiverr marketplace. We'll continue to update you honestly and openly, ensuring you're part of our decision-making process at Fiverr. 

- The Fiverr Team

Can you tell me how helpful it for a new seller to get success?

• Like 4

21 hours ago, emmasuebowtique said:

I have a freaking level 0. What in the heck is going on here. I have 1100+ 5 star reviews. I qualify for top seller,  yet I just went from a level 2 to a level 0. Gigs that are my top performing gigs have a 4 success rate. My reviews on my profile are unbelievable, my clients absolutely adore me, I couldn't provide more perfect of service. I feel like I have exhausted all options at this point, the last 2 months on this platform have been a joke with all these changes. I pray this is a bug and the success rate is not accurate. 

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 10.03.57 AM copy.jpg

Exactly the same thing happens. I have more than 1500 positive reviews. I ONLY CANCELED 2 ORDERS IN 2 YEARS. Only 2! It's not fair that this is happening. My clients always leave me good reviews and tip , doesn't this mean they are satisfied?
I can't understand if this is a bug.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

I'm in shock at this sudden new system. I'm a Top Rated Seller in translation, with lots of returning clients, 5* reviews across the board -- and suddenly, my 5* rating has fallen to a 0.2 rating. How is that even mathematically possible? 

Like everyone else here, I've put a lot of hard work into my seller profile, and value my clients. I go above and beyond, despite having a few hard-to-please customers over the years (as we all have, it's part of the business!) How are we to address private feedback when we don't know what we've done wrong? And how can we get more clients to improve our rating when we've been given bad ratings by this new system? It boggles the mind, there's no rhyme nor reason to any of this. 

Fiverr, I implore you, please listen to the hard-working sellers that form the foundation of your platform.

Good luck to everyone on this forum, I'm so saddened to read of all the stress everyone is going through because of this new system.

• Like 11
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, ellamicheler said:

I'm a Top Rated Seller in translation, with lots of returning clients, 5* reviews across the board -- and suddenly, my 5* rating has fallen to a 0.2 rating. How is that even mathematically possible? 

That is obviously a bug. This new system is stupid but not THAT stupid 😅  Reach out to Customer Service so they can help you.

• Like 8

So what's the difference, really? Apart from no more "bad luck, try harder next time" if your metric dips under 90% because e.g. you didn't respond to a Telespam on the 13th. For example. 

Do you think the new levels system was made by getting all the features of the old level system, writing them on lots of bits of paper, adding some new ideas on new bits of paper, and putting all these bits of paper into a hat?

Then shaking the hat around a lot and everyone picks out a piece of paper and then when, I don't know, 20 "ideas" have surfaced, work starts on creating a brand new amazing system? 

Product Development - Now Available on Fiverr Pro from $100 Only!*

Edited by emmaki
*results not guaranteed
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Alex.M said:

and look at this kind of bizarre user...    Fiverr says that this won't affect my metrics in any way but is that really the case? Maybe tomorrow I will see '' Order cancellations-strong negative impact ''

Hey, I wouldn't worry about this. I had 5 scam orders canceled on the same day with the same message. They didn't show up on my metrics. Have a some tea and forget about this. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2024 at 9:22 AM, christiangrollm said:

Exactly.

I am a Level 2 seller, now becoming a Level 0 seller. I got a success score of 4 because of order cancellations that weren't my fault, I always got the negative impact reversed by the support - so my completion rate was 100% all the time. Except once, when I cancelled an order because the customer wanted me to promote a far-right political thing. 

I don't understand why this is now ruining all my work. It feels random and unfair and frankly, it's a nightmare. It's having a really negative impact on my trust in Fiverr as a seller.

If this stands, I'm devastated.

On 2/14/2024 at 9:58 AM, ntrxmusic said:

Literally that what's happen to me, I was a seller Level 2 and Fiverr just dropped me to 0, almost all my reviews was excepcional, the people give me 5 stars and reviews with more of 200 characters positive, and fiverr justput me all my gigs as ''Client Satisfaction - Negative Satisfaction'' simply I don't get sense to this. I can be sure that I had 2 clients last month who gave me a negative rating because they gave me 4.3 on fiverr, and they were clients who complained about everything, but other than that all my clients are satisfied

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

On 2/14/2024 at 11:03 AM, thilinavp said:

I have over 600 5-star ratings and until the new rating system, I had 5 stars on my profile. and now it has gone down to 3.9 and I have been demoted to level 0. feeling really depressed and crushed since I have worked so hard to provide the buyers with the best possible service. Fiverr has been the place that I find the necessary funds to push me through my university life. 

Hi all, we completely understand that this new leveling system is a huge change. Please know that our seller's success is one of our highest priorities, and we do want to ensure that you feel supported as we make these changes.

I want to reiterate that this system is still testing, and we will continue to listen to both the concerns and questions and make changes as necessary for the best of both the sellers and the marketplace. We are taking some heavy considerations towards extending the grace period for sellers whose levels would change and will keep you in the loop as we make adjustments. Thank you for your understanding and please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service team, or Customer Success, for any additional explanation. 

• Like 7

On 2/14/2024 at 10:10 AM, rapidtech1898v2 said:

What does this mean in the end?

So this is all about the private reviews i can´t see from the customers or is there anything else about this metric?
With the public reviews i only have 5 stars straight - and i don´t know of any conficts at the order.

So what does this mean?

image.png.830ece66fa012396c8bf1464061e5d98.png

Our Conflict-free orders score looks into unresolved matters regarding delivery times and cancellation requests, as well as the number of disputes that had to be escalated to the Fiverr Customer Support Team. This score will also take into account any negative indicators that the client had a bad experience or was unsatisfied with the delivery. For tips on how to improve this key area, read more here.

• Like 5

On 2/14/2024 at 10:31 AM, williambryan392 said:

I'm relieved my stats are looking good, aside from this one, and I am confused!

I've had only one consultation cancel ever, and it was last September, and I was told it won't impact my stats.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 191036.png

On 2/14/2024 at 10:33 AM, visualstudios said:

I've had a couple, and it's also at 9, with nothing negative, when all my other gigs are at 10. No idea.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 15.33.29.png

Hi @williambryan392 and @visualstudios, for more information on what your scores mean, we recommend that you reach out to either Customer Support or your Customer Success Manager, if applicable. They can explain more about the specifics of your score and brainstorm tactics for improvement. 

• Like 5

On 2/14/2024 at 11:18 AM, shakir_aziz said:

image.png.f58e7c830a5861e723904e3f2d5b0358.pngis it im eleigble for TRS badge ,, sorry im very exicted for that thats why asking

Hi! Congratulations on reaching the criteria for Top Rated Seller. This does mean you will be eligible for a TRS badge, should the category your gigs are in is chosen to be highlighted. If you hit the Learn more pop-up button, it will let you know the next steps. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, smork said:

@Kesha @Lyndsey_Fiverr

As someone who has been selling on Fiverr for nearly a decade and has held Top Rated Seller status since 2015, I urge the relevant team to reconsider this update, which seems nothing short of a disaster. The overwhelming negativity, confusion and disappointment in the fifteen pages of comments here and numerous other posts across the forum should be evidence enough.

This update is not only harmful and derogatory but also further punishes hard-working sellers who are the backbone of Fiverr - We are just as important as buyers. Once again, it's clear that Fiverr isn't listening to its sellers. This update demonstrates a serious lack of understanding of what it is to be a freelancer and how to create an environment that is balanced and fair for both sides, sellers and buyers. Surely, if even one freelancer were involved in the decision-making process, they could have provided countless reasons why this doesn't make sense.

While I understand the need to weed out low-quality sellers, Fiverr is unquestionably harming a significant number of reputable sellers in the process.

The Fiverr team seems to be continuing on a disappointing path of grinding down its sellers for no apparent reason - Hassling buyers to leave private reviews?  The seller not knowing what has been said or how that impacts them? The clearly huge amount of weight you've assigned to these tattletale style private reviews and not disclosing it to your sellers? You are playing with people's livelihoods as if it's some sort of game, and that is incredibly disappointing.

Regarding the previous post I made in this thread, I received an 8/10 score with no clear explanation or means to address it. The offending statistic was "Client Satisfaction." In my almost ten years on Fiverr, with nearly 6000 completed orders and a 5-star review score, I have only received three negative reviews, and none of them are accurate; two were left by mistake.

As a Top Rated Seller, you've always said that we are periodically reviewed to ensure we a maintaining the level of service required to be a TRS. So, Fiverr knows I uphold my end of the bargain. If some disgruntled buyers have unfairly criticized me in private reviews, Fiverr should present that information to me so I can defend myself, rather than blindly siding with them and damaging my business.

Your support team seems clueless about the situation, providing nonsensical copy-paste responses when asked for clarification.

@Kesha  I hope you'll relay this feedback to your team. They have reached out to me in the past via email asking if I'd come and contribute to the forum, I've had s***e chats for feedback on new features that were in testing, interviews for blog posts, and asking me to look into starting up Fiverr workshops. I've had a seller success manager before they started charging for the feature, and he frequently sought my opinions to relay back to the team. I am pretty sure that I speak on behalf of many when I say that Fiverr needs to listen to its core sellers instead of throwing them under the bus.

Today I can see the Success Score has received another threatening update for me to enjoy

image.png.5d90caf9cc05883fb3498971832f1008.png

How am I meant to get back on track when I don't know what the problem is in the first place or what I can do to fix it?  How can I get back on track when I don't believe I've done anything wrong and you apparently only give me 30 days to fix something that is the result of you drawing from 2 years of data to punish me for?

Do better please.

Thank you so much for this information, I cannot tell you how much we appreciate the constructive feedback. We will pass this along to the teams leading this change. 

As for how to get back on track, for now, I would strongly encourage you to reach out to your Seller Plus Customer Success Manager. They can help you pinpoint any issues that the system may have flagged and give you next steps for improvement. 

• Like 5