New review system is live?!

donnovan86

24 minutes ago, carineb said:

Will the new ratings be the average of the old system and the new system, or just the average of the new system?

If you're talking about the review system.. it's live and it will be the only system used for reviewing.

The older reviews remain the same, they are not converted using the new system. 

However, starting with Valentine's Day, Fiverr is implementing some new features when it comes to levels, we will have a success score. How is that impacted by reviews from the past few months, how far back does it go and if it sticks with the 60-day coverage or not, only Fiverr can tell us that.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, edc_lab said:

TRS status.

Pretty much all TRS features are available via Seller Plus. Chances are that if you sell consistently on Fiverr, you have that anyway. So, aside from a badge.. you're not getting anything exclusive 😄

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

On 1/30/2024 at 12:58 PM, uk1000 said:

Because 100% 5 star reviews seems less realistic than ratings that have a few lower ratings in, since statistically there will probably always be at least a few people who aren't 100% happy with a product or service.

I agree with this in principle, but only really for new gigs/sellers.

For example, I have a gig that has 124 reviews and 98% of them are 5 star reviews. The other 2% are 4.7

I think when you get to those kinds of numbers, no reasonable buyer is going to think that that is fabricated.

Edited by charlsmcfarlane
  • Like 11
  • Up 2

On 2/2/2024 at 7:27 PM, donnovan86 said:

Pretty much all TRS features are available via Seller Plus. Chances are that if you sell consistently on Fiverr, you have that anyway. So, aside from a badge.. you're not getting anything exclusive 😄

Yes, that's right! :classic_biggrin:
But features aside, is the algorithm designed to give more exposure to TRS sellers rather than SP members or not? I think it is, but correct me if I'm wrong.
That's why I wrote about people giving more effort than ever to reach (or reach again) the TRS level, because of the thin gaps you have between levels targeting the extra exposure it gives.

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, edc_lab said:

But features aside, is the algorithm designed to give more exposure to TRS sellers rather than SP members or not? I think it is, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think Seller Plus members get any benefit from the algorithm. And with the TRS stuff, who knows. They might, or they might not receive a boost. When I was a TRS, I didn't receive any specific boost, or at least it didn't feel like it. But there are other things that matter, like gig performance that might impact things as well.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

24 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

And with the TRS stuff, who knows. They might, or they might not receive a boost.

I think they do get a boost. Though whether it's definitely because of the TRS badge or whether it's because of other stats they have (including high past orders) it's not easy to say.

eg. go to the first page in a subcategory page and see how many gigs show from each type of seller, and compare that with the total amount of gigs for sellers of each level in that subcategory (so you could calc a probability of a gig showing normally there for a seller of a particular level). Or do a similar thing for a search.

eg. in Programming & Tech, Website Development, clicking on "recommended sort" (the default was Top selling) for me gives, on the 1st page:

Total gigs shown on page: 52 (usually it shows 48 on a page)
Level 0/Unlevelled 3 5.7692%
Level 1 7 13.4615%
Level 2 16 30.7692%
Level TRS 26 50.0000%

So 50% of gigs shown on the 1st page of the recommended sort in that subcat are from TRS sellers, despite TRS having the lowest amount of gigs in that that subcat (eg. TRS have 1,890 gigs there, unlevelled have about 152,000, level 2 have about 22,600). So TRS gigs seem to have a higher probability of being shown on that 1st recommended page (for me) than any other level of seller's gig.

Also one benefit of TRS over level 2 is the allowed number of gigs they can have (or can have active).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10

Hello,
I don't understand much about this new system and all the discussions it generates, but the one thing I do understand and confirm is this:

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

When I was a TRS, I didn't receive any specific boost, or at least it didn't feel like it.

For years I read on the forum about the frustrations of sellers who never got the TRS badget, so I imagined that the TRS badge was a wonderful thing.
So when I got the TRS badge I was super happy and thought my sales would skyrocket but, it made absolutely no difference to me!!!! (Just like the difference between Level 1 and Level 2).
If this new system is going to drop me from TRS to level 2, and even level 1, I don't think it will change anything either.

On the other hand, since I've been a Pro seller (I was promoted to Pro by Fiverr, without having applied) my customers are mostly pro buyers with big budgets. It would be better to focus on Pro than on seller levels...

• Like 17

Another example of a new system that states "if its not broken, don't fix it".

I delivered a order within one day, they added this to the review:

WHERE YOU CAN IMPROVE:

Delivery time

I hate people...

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

Hello,

I placed an order on Fiverr and discovered this new system as a buyer.

What surprised me the most was the use of the words "exceptional" and "excellent" as if they meant the same thing. I clicked "exceptional," but I was asked to explain why I think it's "excellent." This is not coherent! And I feel like the person who created this form didn't proofread what they wrote.

I think there should be an option for "excellent" between "very good" and "exceptional," but that would no longer allow for a rating out of 5... 
So, they should remove "exceptional" and put "excellent" instead.

exceptional.JPG

• Like 14
  • Up 8

15 hours ago, carineb said:

And I feel like the person who created this form didn't proofread what they wrote.

Too bad, if only there was an online platform to hire proofreaders! :classic_biggrin:

15 hours ago, carineb said:

exceptional.JPG

Jokes aside, it's interesting to see a real example of it.
Are all these options equal in every rating tab or do they change because of the selected rating?

For instance:
What made the work exceptional?
✓ Delivery time

What made the work very poor?
✓ Delivery time

• Like 7
  • Up 4

The 

21 hours ago, edc_lab said:

Are all these options equal in every rating tab or do they change because of the selected rating?

They change depending on the chosen rating but also depending on the question.

However, I wonder if this changes depending on the categories.
The word 'creativity' appears several times in the suggestions, but I think it doesn't suit all services.

quality.JPG

working with.png

• Like 9
  • Up 2

21 hours ago, carineb said:

The 

They change depending on the chosen rating but also depending on the question.

However, I wonder if this changes depending on the categories.
The word 'creativity' appears several times in the suggestions, but I think it doesn't suit all services.

quality.JPG

working with.png

Thanks for sharing these screens.
I agree, these little details play a big role so it's important to have everything aligned to each category.
I hope they listen to your warning.

• Like 7

I'm not in the favor of this updated review system, where it automatically calculates the final review by some questionnaire. Buyers are so confused and they don't have this much time to answer every single question. They leave some of them which maybe they aren't aware of. Or maybe that questions don't apply there. 

For example: a buyer sends a clear brief, you understand and tell him I'll do, then you deliver the work, and he accepts it with no communication what so ever. How can the buyer decide how was the communication? 

This i just one example.

I don't think it's a good update. Many sellers struggle to maintain a good relation with buyer, and to up their stats, be competent in their field and grow, but the review system isn't letting it grow. Fiverr itself is doing it's own stuff like if their a bad review they de-rank their gig.

• Like 6

Fiverr needs to rollback to old review system

I'm not in the favor of this updated review system, where it automatically calculates the final review by some questionnaire. Buyers are so confused and they don't have this much time to answer every single question. They leave some of them which maybe they aren't aware of. Or maybe that questions don't apply there. 

For example: a buyer sends a clear brief, you understand and tell him I'll do, then you deliver the work, and he accepts it with no communication what so ever. How can the buyer decide how was the communication? 

This i just one example.

I don't think it's a good update. Many sellers struggle to maintain a good relation with buyer, and to up their stats, be competent in their field and grow, but the review system isn't letting it grow. Fiverr itself is doing it's own stuff like if their a bad review they de-rank their gig.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, filipdevaere said:

(and marked the wrong checkboxes).

And that's the problem with this review system. If a buyer is not careful, he can easily rate the wrong stuff. It highlights how people have been rating us privately when it comes to value for money, but now it's publicly. Some people don't even know English well, so they will just randomly press buttons thinking it's ok. In my opinion, the new review system highlights how some buyers either don't know English well, don't have time to review things, and just randomly press buttons to get it over with. I mean, I had a 1 star review saying "Good Job" just because the person rated me at 1 AM and wanted to go to sleep. And that was a year and a half ago, almost, long before this review system. That's why I know for a fact some people leave reviews randomly, and I think MIlos also said that on the forum recently too, some buyers just want to close the order fast. I think that leads to mistakes.

Educating buyers on how to complete reviews is what Fiverr needs to do. There are help pages on the site, linking to them before the buyer places a review will definitely help. At least I think it will.

• Like 7