Testing improvements to the rating & review system

Kesha

13 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I just got a review stating that I delivered fast and that "They love it!" with a 4.0 stars rating attached.

Same here! Client wrote a huge review saying that everything was great and that they will come back for more work..... 4.0 stars. 

• Like 22
  • Sad 3
  • Up 6

Just now, adripoggetti said:

Same here! Client wrote a huge review saying that everything was great and that they will come back for more work..... 4.0 stars. 

Maybe it also shows that great reviews don't have to be 4 stars. Although private reviews tend to be very important anyway. These public reviews are more about the presentation of a seller and how people perceive them.

• Like 20
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey all, I've been working for a client on 6 projects and each review has been 5 stars. After they left a review today it was 4.5 under the new system. Can someone explain to me in simple terms how this system works given that if a client picked exceptional for both emojis it still leaves a less than 5 star review? How does one get a 5 star review now?? 

• Like 19
  • Up 2

12 minutes ago, chrisaxworthy said:

Thank you. It still seemed a little odd to me as this has only taken place under the new system, but it is what it is I guess 🙄

From a buyer perspective, it allows you to show exactly how you feel, maybe the communication was subpar yet the results were great. So this system helps in that regard.

It's not that great for sellers, because you end up with random 4 star reviews praising you for your great work. However, the thing is, buyers can see the star amount they are leaving you, so they know exactly how they rate you. Some said it's a mistake, it is if you rate randomly, however they show the star rating before reviewing so...

• Like 18
  • Confused 1
  • Up 3

I am disappointed with this Fiverr update review system. 

Recently 2,3 clients submitted feedback with good comments but I received 2.7 and 3.7 ratings. 
When I asked from clients about my work they were amazed and told me they submitted 5 5-star rating, but unfortunately, it's just the case with the new Fiverr review system. 

When I asked from client, if you thought it was wrong or mistakenly submitted this rating you can update it by contacting the support team. My client also asked how they can update the rating I told him there is only one way to contact the support team. 

When the client asked from support team about an update rating they just sent a warning of TOS. I read Fiverr's terms and conditions and I know it's against Fiverr's policy to ask for a good rating and change for rating but in my case client wants to know how I can update it. I just informed the process of how you update it. I also told him rating is really important to me and very helpful if you could update it. 

I'm still afraid about asking and sharing this information on how Fiverr react to this review. 

image.png.49c58846721464b85e748bf517bbf6be.pngimage.png.c0e4274ce2070c4cca0edeb73a84e022.png

image.png.20639e3ae2a055217f2e4765bd6fd2a2.pngimage.png.6e836db759eeb219b9245fcfe7e3e403.png

• Like 12
  • Sad 6
  • Up 3

Just now, pixel_editor197 said:

I'm just asking for suggestions after getting feedback from clients for improving my services. Is it wrong? 

You start out by stating “I received 3.7 stars.” This is a very confrontational way to start a conversation. A buyer will likely get embarrassed or defensive when faced with this sort of communication. They might tell you that they made a mistake or that they didn’t mean to leave that rating just to make you stop being angry at them. In reality, it might’ve been the rating they meant to leave all along.

• Like 15
  • Up 14

3 minutes ago, vibronx said:

You start out by stating “I received 3.7 stars.” This is a very confrontational way to start a conversation. A buyer will likely get embarrassed or defensive when faced with this sort of communication. They might tell you that they made a mistake or that they didn’t mean to leave that rating just to make you stop being angry at them. In reality, it might’ve been the rating they meant to leave all along.

Thanks for guiding me but the client was happy with my work that's why I asked. 

• Like 16
  • Up 2

31 minutes ago, pixel_editor197 said:

Thanks for guiding me but the client was happy with my work that's why I asked. 

Never ask a buyer why they gave you any rating.  😱

Some sellers have reported here on the Forum about getting warnings against their accounts merely because a buyer mistakenly gave a review that was less than intended. When the buyer asked Customer Service to correct the error, the seller got a warning even though the seller had not asked to change the review. 

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Up 11

On 12/12/2023 at 9:54 PM, donnovan86 said:

You already know the person is coming out of spite towards you and cancel without working 🙂

Well 2 of the 3 reviews you received are 4.3 stars, so they are using the older review system. Only that 4.5 star review is with the new system. So, it has to do more with your clients and how they perceived the work rather than the new system confusing them, most likely. For some reason this new review system doesn't appear all the time, only for some orders. 

And the "used to 5 stars", that's the thing, it will be a thing of the past, as Fiverr tries to differentiate sellers, they will make changes so not everyone will have every order rated with 5 stars. 

Hi, I disagree. I received a 4.3-star review with the new system, the customer himself confirmed that he used emoticons and not stars to rate.

• Like 15
  • Up 3

40 minutes ago, eledigiac said:

Hi, I disagree. I received a 4.3-star review with the new system, the customer himself confirmed that he used emoticons and not stars to rate.

Well you shouldn't ask people about reviews, you will get banned if you're not careful. I think you're making too much of a fuss. It's a positive review and most likely it has a positive private review. So it doesn't have any negative impact on your gig..

• Like 17
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4

On 12/6/2023 at 5:59 PM, visualstudios said:

I find that the labels (and emojis) on the rating system are not balanced. While "exceptional" is better than the previous "perfect" (as nothing is "perfect"), it's not a linear progression.

To be consistent, it should go:

Very poor -> poor -> average -> good -> very good.

Why is one step down from average "poor", but one step above average "very good"? That system seems designed to make lower grades more frequent. Also it's strange that the negatives are "poor" and "very poor", while the positives are "good" and "exceptional". The language could be more neutral using the suggestion I provided above. "Very good" should be enough for the top end, if a buyer is truly amazed, they can always leave a tip for exceptional service (going "above and beyond").

Tbh this is so true. I believe Fiverr is forcing a way to avoid people having 5*. But lets do our best .. not much we can do here tbh.

• Like 15
  • Up 2

I don't like this new rating system, this is done intentionally so nobody can have a perfect 5 star rating on their profile. Because let's face it, buyers already don't leave reviews on orders sometimes and i have 70% orders rated only and that too when i ask buyers to leave feedback on the order. 

Nobody is going to rate exceptional because this wording means that the work was really outstanding and seller went way up and beyond for the order. I think 4 star will be the new average rating we would be getting the most since most buyers would just select "very good" because they don't know they are giving stars based on that.

My average rating has decreased from a perfect 5.0 to 4.5 in just 2 weeks because of this and i am a TRS. Now i am afraid it will be go below the average 4.2 that is required to maintain the TRS level. 

Please fiverr team if this is still a beta, please change back to older levelling system or at least change the wording to 

Unsatisfactory > Marginal > Satisfactory > Good > Very Good

Choosing words carefully would leave a good impact and more better reviews. 

@Kesha

• Like 19
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5

1 hour ago, akshay_sihag said:

Please fiverr team if this is still a beta, please change back to older levelling system or at least change the wording to 

Unfortunately they won't. This is the new system going forward. They will refine it and that's why they ask for feedback. But just like reviews for cancelations, they will not remove this. So, we have to share our feedback and adapt. It's the harsh truth. 

And yes, pretty sure they want to avoid decision paralysis for buyers. A lot of buyers are confused who to choose because everyone has 5 stars. The new system also speeds up the review process for buyers, while also allowing those with time to check certain boxes about what they liked in the order. 

• Like 18
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely crazy what is going on here when i read trough this thread - at the end there are only confused buyers and sellers...

I even could live with the new system - but only when it would be counted for all sellers.
Now we have the situation that some "lucky" beta-testers are seeing there average rating going down step by step. Even they are allways at risk to get some warnings for TOS violations cause when they are asking their customers what they could do better in the future so their clients are fully satisfied with their service.

And the other "unlucky" not beta-testers are in the meantime able to strenghten there 5-star average rating...

Thats not only crazy - thats completely unfair.

• Like 18
  • Up 2

15 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Maybe it also shows that great reviews don't have to be 4 stars. Although private reviews tend to be very important anyway. These public reviews are more about the presentation of a seller and how people perceive them.

I think most new buyers will see public reviews while searching for a good seller to work with, so public reviews plays a major role to get more work, it shows happy and satisfied clients' feedbacks which can get a seller more new work. 

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4

13 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

From a buyer perspective, it allows you to show exactly how you feel, maybe the communication was subpar yet the results were great. So this system helps in that regard.

It's not that great for sellers, because you end up with random 4 star reviews praising you for your great work. However, the thing is, buyers can see the star amount they are leaving you, so they know exactly how they rate you. Some said it's a mistake, it is if you rate randomly, however they show the star rating before reviewing so...

That's good to know. Have you used the system to review a seller? 

• Like 15
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, design_desk said:

so public reviews plays a major role to get more work

Private reviews dictate where you are in search, so if you have bad private reviews, it doesn't matter what public reviews you might have. And even then, a very positive 3 or 4 star review shows the buyer was either very picky or chose those stars by mistake. I have a 1 star review that says good job or something like that, it's still there to this day. Will that make a negative impact on the buyer even if it's a bad review star-wise? I doubt it. Good buyers will always read reviews and see for themselves what issues are there, if any. 

• Like 18
  • Confused 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

Adding 'Value for money' in the overall review calculation is a bad decision.

I work on shopify stores issues and bugs. Before the confirmation of order, price is discussed and order is only placed if buyer agrees to the price. Sometimes, a solution will take hours and sometimes its fixed in few minutes if someone is experienced in the field like me, I have been working on shopify stores from last 3 years so most of the problems are solved within an hour.

How a buyer decides if the price offered to him is a good value for him? What goes on in the buyer's mind?

> If I work on a bug for few hours, and per say the order is for 50 usd. He decides the value is good because hours of work was put in to resolve the issue.

> Now, if I am experienced, and I solve the same issue within an hour. Same buyer can say, 'oh that was a quick fix and he shouldn't charge 50 usd for a few mins work'. And now same buyer can unknowingly affect your overall ratings.

Even if fiverr wants to add something like that, they should not make it part of rating. They can keep it there for the sake of search and recommendation algorithm.

I will give you an example, I recently worked for a buyer. I fixed the issue. The experience was great. He wrote an extensive review about it. And he's already in contact with me to work on more tasks. But the review given to me is 4.3, why? Because he thought the price could've been lower. That should be part of a review? NO. Fiverr should make it private ASAP.

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 6.01.45 PM.png

• Like 18
  • Up 5

8 minutes ago, hamza_teamalif said:

Adding 'Value for money' in the overall review calculation is a bad decision.

I work on shopify stores issues and bugs. Before the confirmation of order, price is discussed and order is only placed if buyer agrees to the price. Sometimes, a solution will take hours and sometimes its fixed in few minutes if someone is experienced in the field like me, I have been working on shopify stores from last 3 years so most of the problems are solved within an hour.

How a buyer decides if the price offered to him is a good value for him? What goes on in the buyer's mind?

Precisely!! 💯 

And a lot of people don't understand the tacit value of experience!! 

PS RDJ's face is just a clickbait!! 🙈😎

image.png.ab51a832992b230b7a92cd8481f0197a.png

• Like 18
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

A lot of buyers are confused who to choose because everyone has 5 stars.

I would argue the opposite is true. I don't think most buyers give two giggles what your score is as long as it's not alarmingly lower than everyone else's. They look at the price, and then your work, and decide if you're going to make them look good or not, and that's about it.

Even if you were right about this, the new system isn't a going to be any better a gauge of a sellers value or performance, as the lower ratings we're all destined to have are going to come mostly from buyers who would have normally left 5 stars.

This new system is literally designed to make it harder to leave a 5 star review, period. That's it. No matter how Kesha or anyone else tries to spin this, it's pretty clear what they're after here, and it isn't 'transparency'.

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 9