Is the Fiverr forum better now?

gajuseidi

Hey everyone, long time no see!

I must admit that I sort of left Fiverr forum or at least became inactive mostly due to constant mind-numbing, idiotic spam that has been overwhelming this forum for quite some time. Of course, it's not the only reason, other reasons are personal and have nothing to do with the forum itself. My question - Is it any better now? I find a lot of joy and meaning in occasional intellectually stimulating conversations with interesting people that can be had here, but the flood of meaningless ignorant posts just made it a bit too hard to search for conversations worth having.

• Like 17
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

Hey everyone, long time no see!

I must admit that I sort of left Fiverr forum or at least became inactive mostly due to constant mind-numbing, idiotic spam that has been overwhelming this forum for quite some time. Of course, it's not the only reason, other reasons are personal and have nothing to do with the forum itself. My question - Is it any better now? I find a lot of joy and meaning in occasional intellectually stimulating conversations with interesting people that can be had here, but the flood of meaningless ignorant posts just made it a bit too hard to search for conversations worth having.

Nothing has changed. The forum is still full of "rank my gig" and "going down day by day." Sorry to disappoint! 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

Nothing has changed. The forum is still full of "rank my gig" and "going down day by day." Sorry to disappoint! 

Plus, now some users think it is 'cool' 🙄 to post long and rambling AI-generated posts. But if we report them, the Forum's shepherds soon take them down. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Plus, now some users think it is 'cool' 🙄 to post long and rambling AI-generated posts. But if we report them, the Forum's shepherds soon take them down. 

Yes indeed. GPT was just the thing this forum needed to become worse. I didn't think it was possible. 🤖

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

Your question is a lot like asking if Facebook is any better with or without ads. Just scroll past 'em. I think the same works on the Fiverr Forum if you see something that causes you to shake your head, just scroll past 'em!

I left the forum after "The Change" partly because of the reasons you listed (including personal matters). I've only just come back and found that it's much the same as before. But I have to quantify that. The good "sameness" is there are a lot of cool people here posting interesting stuff and willing to help if you need it and don't spam about it. The bad "sameness" is the same ten questions that appear in the forum as new posts almost every day like they used to. In a way, that's comforting to see that some things never change, but it's also something that reminds me to just scroll past 'em.

• Like 15
  • Up 1

On 6/23/2023 at 2:45 AM, looseink said:

Your question is a lot like asking if Facebook is any better with or without ads. Just scroll past 'em. I think the same works on the Fiverr Forum if you see something that causes you to shake your head, just scroll past 'em!

I left the forum after "The Change" partly because of the reasons you listed (including personal matters). I've only just come back and found that it's much the same as before. But I have to quantify that. The good "sameness" is there are a lot of cool people here posting interesting stuff and willing to help if you need it and don't spam about it. The bad "sameness" is the same ten questions that appear in the forum as new posts almost every day like they used to. In a way, that's comforting to see that some things never change, but it's also something that reminds me to just scroll past 'em.

Some things never change, that's for certain. After creating this post I've received 50 notifications from members spam-liking different posts I've made. 😄

I see what you're saying. With a lot of good this forum has to offer comes a lot of the same problems that we've sort of gotten used to. I guess, now that I think about it, my main issue is that the "scroll past 'em" solution works, but also wastes time and energy, which could be used more productively. I have tried filtering out the categories on the forum SEO page, which helps a bit, but spam posts still manage to get in there. However, it's nice to see familiar faces on this post!

17 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

Um, one thing has. I've been making an effort to make and keep the "Tips" categories clean. I'm not done, but most of the first few pages should mostly be actual good stuff.

(Admittedly, there are some days I miss checking...)

I'll have to check it out, thank you!

• Like 5

On 6/22/2023 at 12:52 AM, smashradio said:

Well, in that case, I hope that at least we still have a few occasional congas and conga rats! 🏆

On 6/22/2023 at 12:56 AM, vickiespencer said:

That's definitely a new one. I'm glad to hear that the reporting system is working as intended though.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, sadikur24 said:

Implementing a successful backlink-building strategy involves several key steps:

1. Content Quality: Create high-quality, valuable, and relevant content on your website. This serves as the foundation for attracting natural backlinks from other websites.
  2. Identify Link Opportunities: Research your industry and niche to identify websites that could link to your content. Look for authoritative and relevant websites.
  3. Competitor Analysis: Analyze your competitors' backlinks to discover where they get their links. This can provide insights into potential link sources.
  4. Outreach and Networking: Reach out to website owners, bloggers, journalists, and influencers in your industry. Build relationships and pitch your content as a valuable resource for their audience.
  5. Guest Blogging: Contribute guest posts to reputable websites in your industry. This allows you to include a link to your site within the content or author bio.
  6. Broken Link Building: Identify broken links on other websites and offer your content as a replacement. This can provide a win-win situation for both parties.
  7. Press Releases: Issue press releases for significant events or announcements related to your business. This can attract attention and potential backlinks from news sources.
  8. Build Relationships: Attend industry events, conferences, and webinars to network with others in your field. Building genuine relationships can lead to organic backlink opportunities.
  9. Local Directories: Ensure your business is listed on relevant and industry-specific directories. These can provide valuable local backlinks.
  10. Content Syndication: Syndicate your content on platforms like Medium or LinkedIn to reach a broader audience and earn backlinks.
  11. Monitor and Disavow: Regularly monitor your backlinks using tools like Google Search Console. If you identify spammy or irrelevant links, consider disavowing them to avoid potential penalties.

Remember, the quality and relevance of backlinks matter more than sheer quantity. Building a diverse and natural backlink profile over time will improve search engine rankings and increase online visibility.

Posting AI written content is:

1. Not effective at getting you sales.

2. Fools no one.

3. Violates forum rules.

image.thumb.png.b770c0818ee2631522a4ff9b3a6f8add.png

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

That's definitely chat gpt, you can tell by the structure, but people have to stop using those detectors. They don't work well enough, tons of false positives. Of course they claim x% accuracy, that's in their interest, but I suspect those numbers. https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/04/01/chatgpt-cheating-detection-turnitin/

Also, current chat gpt content is obvious, you don't need a detector. And if (when) it's good enough, or worked on enough, no detector will help. At a certain level, it's literally impossible to tell Ai from a human, that's the point.

The good news is that for the level of the people using it here, no detector is needed. Half of them don't even remove the formatting, they are nowhere near sophisticated enough to obfuscate the origin. 

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 4

I dug out one of my essays from university (2007/8) and put it through copyleaks.  Came out 83% AI generated.  I thought it was hilarious, cuz, y'no, academic work is supposed to sound robotic if it's any good.  But still, @visualstudios and @newsmike - false positives abound as that little experiment proves. 

AI is getting better - when it starts using emoticons, you know you're on the right track with your prompts ... cutting and pasting the first attempt, however, is where our "friends" go wrong.  Even when it's nearly right, it still needs editing to make content sound human

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, coerdelion said:

But still, @visualstudios and @newsmike - false positives abound as that little experiment proves. 

Exactly. It's just pattern matching, and all speech is pattern based. Detectors may work if you're going over a 300 page book, some coincidences are too coincidental. But for a couple paragraphs, it's next to impossible to conclusively claim if it's written by an AI or not (provided the AI is actually on a human level, of course). And it will keep getting harder.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Exactly. It's just pattern matching, and all speech is pattern based. Detectors may work if you're going over a 300 page book, some coincidences are too coincidental. But for a couple paragraphs, it's next to impossible to conclusively claim if it's written by an AI or not (provided the AI is actually on a human level, of course). And it will keep getting harder.

I play with AI a lot and can now look at even a couple of paragraphs and know whether or not it's AI generated - there's something about it that's just ... off.  Not in a bad way, but just off - as if it's slightly out of focus or something. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1