Update: Display Name in your profile! Mandatory!

Zahid I.

I think it's good, but I think it would be better if the actual username wasn't visible on the frontend, just the display name (and that unique identifier number that uk1000 mentioned, to avoid issues if people have the same display name).

• Like 27
  • Up 3

I agree with you @miiila

Display name ideas came from these concerns mostly. So many feel uncomfortable representing themselves to the community and also addressing them by their username.

And yeah @smashradio insight was mostly to show the display name, hopefully, Fiverr will analyze it and will take this feature to the expected level.

• Like 25
  • Up 2

Well you came to the right place.

I've been very vocal about this topic for a very very long time. I think sellers need to have a way to stop/start gig multiples as they please. And if you agree with gig multiples, choose how much you want to go, be it 2x, 3x or 5x. I am sure no one wants 20x gig multiples on their gig, especially since this doesn't increase the deadline in any case. Even now I have a 2x gig multiple for one of my larger packages and that rushes me quite a bit. Let alone anything more than that.

So yes, I think the best approach is to allow seller to stop/start gig multiples and set them up the way they want. I want to have the ability to show customers what I can do and what I am able to cover with my gig. I can't agree to gig multiples because I work alone and don't have a team. So it's just more pressure and a constant rush to deliver. Most of my cancellations had to do with gig multiples, because people think I set that system up, which I didn't. I always say I never accept over 2000 words, but people order anyway because it's possible.

As I said, the best approach has to be a button where you can start/stop gig multiples. I don't want to offer gig multiples and instead I want to stick only with my packages at their face value. Anything more leads to issues for both me and my clients, so I just want to stop those..

• Like 29
  • Up 2

1 minute ago, seven_sign said:

Btw, @donnovan86 & @miiila
I'm highly interested to know more from you about your concerns, and thoughts regarding "gig multiples".

You mean apart from half of our forum posts' content and all our site suggestions and bug reports about it? 😉 

It's really simple: it doesn't make sense that the delivery time doesn't scale with the number of Gig multiples/words that people order.

The VO category got that fix long ago now, so, obviously, it's possible technically, and it makes zero sense that Writing & Translation didn't get it.

Thanks for your interest!

• Like 26
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, seven_sign said:

However, I'm still curious about this feature as the Display name is only visible on the profile page. Not in the gig page (About The Seller) Section. And maybe it will not be available in the messages section as well.

It says it will be in the message section in the link you posted in the OP:

3. Where will my display name be presented?
It will be visible to buyers and your interactions with your buyers (e.g., Inbox, Gig pages, etc.)

So if it's mandatory how long are Fiverr giving people to change it and are they going to disable accounts or something for those who haven't entered their display name by that time? Or lower their gigs in the search ranking or something else?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 20
  • Up 2

• sk_saifullah1 changed the title to How to change your fiverr.com display name? Guidelines!

This is a new feature that Fiverr introduced a few days ago.  It is not for changing your user name. It to post the name you wish buyers to call you. For example this seller's user name is charlottedesign, but she wants her buyers to call her Charlotte. 

Screenshot2023-03-22at8_32_05PM.png.8d37886d173349a30ba63860fcbb999d.png

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 22
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2023 at 9:03 PM, uk1000 said:

It says it will be in the message section in the link you posted in the OP:

I'm confused about this point. As in the Gig page, we don't see the Display name yet.
Also, my buyers replied me that they only see my username while messaging.

Maybe a future update will be there soon.

On 3/21/2023 at 9:03 PM, uk1000 said:

So if it's mandatory how long are Fiverr giving people to change it

The display name is open to editing anytime at this moment. and as it's not maintaining the term "unique" like username, I believe this will be editable forever haha.

13 hours ago, gellerthyde said:

That is very informative and helpful. Thanks!

You can know more details here https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/13409224346257

• Like 22
  • Up 2

On 3/21/2023 at 10:54 AM, miiila said:

You mean apart from half of our forum posts' content and all our site suggestions and bug reports about it?

As we're discussing, I could listen to you here personally.
I can discuss this with my team and also in the community department.

Fiverr also listens to the forum.

So for any specific request/report/insight, we can reach Fiverr from multiple channels. I believe all our expectation is for Fiverr to listen to us, Isn't it?

On 3/21/2023 at 10:54 AM, miiila said:

It's really simple: it doesn't make sense that the delivery time doesn't scale with the number of Gig multiples/words that people order.

The VO category got that fix long ago now, so, obviously, it's possible technically, and it makes zero sense that Writing & Translation didn't get it.

Thanks for the information.

On 3/21/2023 at 10:48 AM, donnovan86 said:

As I said, the best approach has to be a button where you can start/stop gig multiples. I don't want to offer gig multiples and instead I want to stick only with my packages at their face value. Anything more leads to issues for both me and my clients, so I just want to stop those.

Thanks for sharing. I believe this is really important for individuals to control their workload. I will discuss this point with the community leadership team and department obviously. 

• Like 22
  • Up 2

15 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

The display name is open to editing anytime at this moment. and as it's not maintaining the term "unique" like username, I believe this will be editable forever haha.

I meant, they've added something new which is mandatory about a week ago. Some people still won't have set it (maybe thousands of sellers?), so I meant, are there any consequences of not changing it (like accounts being paused or gigs paused or decreased in rank) and how long are Fiverr giving people to set it before Fiverr do any action with any accounts that haven't set it?

• Like 19
  • Up 2

in the official page it was written that when updating the display name it will be shown in the gig page and it will be displayed during the conversation with the buyer. but i could not see any difference though. only my username is showing everywhere. no changes at all.

• Like 17
  • Up 2

14 hours ago, seven_sign said:

I'm confused about this point. As in the Gig page, we don't see the Display name yet.
Also, my buyers replied me that they only see my username while messaging.

Maybe a future update will be there soon.

You can know more details here https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/13409224346257

so in the future as they say we will see the display name instead of username in fiverr?

• Like 19
  • Up 1

Fiverr has recently make an update for the display name but i could not see any main differences in the fiverr. As per the official document they will show the display name in gigs, inbox and all other places but not yet. I don't know if i am the only one curious about it.

• Like 20
  • Up 2

On 3/16/2023 at 4:50 PM, seven_sign said:

Fiverr heard what we asked. Now you can Display your Name in your Profile.

The display name is mandatory and all sellers are required to update it.

Introduce yourself with your name Directly.

IMG-20230316-WA0004.thumb.jpg.1b610e5392f6293ef3409a0efa03ecec.jpg

Definitely, Read the guidelines at
https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/13409224346257

Seriously is it Mandatory? If I don't do then will affect my profile?

• Like 16
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, sweet2 said:

I'm not sure you'll be allowed to keep "Photoshop Guy" as your name... And you might get in trouble once Fiverr starts demanding proof that you really had Amazon and Fiverr as your clients.

• Like 19
  • Up 5

7 hours ago, sweet2 said:

What may affect your profile more is saying that Fiverr is one of your clients when it is not. You work on the Fiverr platform. That is where buyers can contact you. You do not work for Fiverr. It was mentioned on the Fiverr Forum that Fiverr would be giving warnings to accounts that falsely claim to have it as a client. You have been warned!  

image.png

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 22
  • Up 2