Specific question about video licenses

media_branch

Question

Hello, I'm trying to make a short video which includes parts of other videos that are allowed to be used (CC license). However and to be sure, I need to know if there are any personal rights avoiding this type of videos. For example, if the video includes a worker, or even an actor, I still can use that segment on this website? Thanks

• Like 3

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, media_branch said:

if the video includes a worker, or even an actor, I still can use that segment on this website? Thanks

If it's uploaded under a CC license, you can use it regardless of who is inside the video. Just make sure that the video is uploaded on a genuine platform by a genuine creator. You may get into trouble for someone else's actions, so it's important to check things in detail.

For example, if I download a video from YouTube and upload it on Vimeo with a CC license (even though it doesn’t really have a CC license), so you may get into trouble for trusting me. There are a lot of creators who steal others content and upload it as their own with random licenses. So, make sure to use content only from trusted sources.

• Like 3