Let's talk about this ChatGPT Ai

alphabase

Question

ChatGPT is getting very popular around the globe. And with this growing popularity, there is a very high probability that it might start affecting freelance writers.

Right now, we can easily see how this Ai can make short work writing about anything , even very complex topics. As a freelance writer I feel a a bit scared and worried about this development and how it can affect the future of this industry. 

Am I the only one feeling this way, and what do you guys really think about this ChatGPT Ai? 

• Like 66
  • Confused 4
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, markp said:

his content you "wrote" above was generated from chatgpt.

I know the darn thing is everywhere, but how did you figure out that it was chatgpt? I'm quite curious. 
I don't want to sound like a dumb @$$, but I couldn't tell at all to be honest. 😅

• Like 11

@zeus777I know its totally out of control. Its like a zombie invasion with people running around with chatgpt in their hands and I do not think the people doing this, like above, will pay any attention to any requirements as to its use, in disclaimers on their gigs or otherwise. As for the content I have seen the exact same content before from someone else who asked chatgpt how to do a site audit and the structure of the content is what you would get from chaptgpt with an intro bullet points and summary in this format and there is something else as well with the formatting.

2 minutes ago, catwriter said:

As soon as I see "professional (whatever) expert", I know that the person claiming to be one is neither a professional nor an expert.

yes this as well. professional expert in nonsense.

• Like 15
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2023 at 5:14 AM, markp said:

Its like a zombie invasion with people running around with chatgpt in their hands

Somebody needs to make a movie about this!!! Maybe a new TV series called "The Chatting Dead."

On 2/24/2023 at 5:02 AM, catwriter said:

As soon as I see "professional (whatever) expert",

You know whaaaaaat, good point. I can't believe I missed that. All the reliable sellers I've seen here don't call themselves expert, they have their own smart and creative way of letting people know that they know what they are doing!

• Like 16

20 hours ago, markp said:

Here you are created this in mid-journey for you. zombie invasion of chatgpt "writers"

image.png.4e0f0948a9dad6781bb2a82698937dab.png

This is my actual concern with all the AI content, not so much that serious people in writing or other businesses lose their jobs, at least not if they find together with the customers who still didn't get infected by the zombies, but what it's going to do to "our" brains in the big picture.

Oh, and the giant time waste, already bad now - like you have to click away bazillions of inconsequential and or uninteresting web pages when leisurely reading or seriously researching, or every second YT page you open, as it's yet just another abhorrently amateurish attempt at generating views for potential monetisation, totally AI, from script to "choice" of clips to VO - which is exponentially multiplying now, with the waves that ChatGPT makes, or that people make with around ChatGPT.

It's like parents let their toddlers loose with those super annoying "instrument" plastic toys, whose only point in favour is that you could use them to draw attention in an emergency, wearing top-notch noise-cancelling earphones, listening to actual music themselves, in a formerly somewhat awesome library full of youth and adults who just want to peacefully learn or entertain themselves, probably even other toddlers who want to quietly read their picture book. 😉

🎣 Virtual earphones coder and seller might be among the new exciting opportunities that this wave supposedly is creating for the artists of all colours whose jobs are getting taken over by the zombies...

Edited by miiila
  • Like 9
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, anamulmamun_ said:

People use ChatGPT for a variety of reasons. Here are a few:

• Information: ChatGPT can provide quick and accurate information on a wide range of topics, from science and technology to history and culture. This can be useful for people who need answers to specific questions or are seeking general knowledge.
  • Assistance: ChatGPT can assist with tasks such as scheduling, reminders, and finding nearby businesses or services. This can be especially helpful for people with busy schedules or those who are not familiar with a particular area.
  • Entertainment: ChatGPT can engage in casual conversation and even tell jokes or riddles. This can be a fun way to pass the time and interact with an AI language model.
  • Accessibility: ChatGPT is available 24/7 and can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. This can be helpful for people who need answers outside of regular business hours or who are unable to leave their homes.

Overall, people use ChatGPT for its convenience, accessibility, and ability to provide quick and accurate information on a variety of topics.

I have use good platform for QA, but some time else..😜

• Like 18

1 hour ago, anamulmamun_ said:

and ability to provide quick and accurate information on a variety of topics

You should use with caution. Here's an NBC story reporting on the inaccuracy of ChatGPT. 

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/investigations/fake-news-chatgpt-has-a-knack-for-making-up-phony-anonymous-sources/4120307/

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 18
  • Up 3

People use ChatGPT for a variety of reasons. Some may use it to seek information on a specific topic or to ask for advice, while others may use it as a way to engage in conversation and alleviate boredom. Additionally, ChatGPT's ability to provide quick responses to a wide range of queries makes it a valuable resource for those seeking assistance or guidance. but please do not rely on any AI technology because it can be inaccurate as well.

• Like 15
  • Confused 2

Does activity on Fiverr forum bring orders on Fiverr?

The forum is a community where Fiverr sellers and buyers can interact, share tips and ideas, and discuss topics related to freelancing and digital services.

It's important to note that simply being active on the Fiverr forum doesn't guarantee that you will get orders.

(Answered by ChatGPT)

• Like 13
  • Haha 3
  • Up 3

5 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Did you notice this post about AI writing? 

No, but thanks for pointing it out! So Fiverr does have a way to notice AI-written gig descriptions, and acts on it. That's great news.

@sivasankarsiva, this is not the place where you're allowed to promote your gigs. Not to mention it's mostly sellers on the forum, so the chances of finding someone who wants to hire you here are minimal.

• Like 14
  • Sad 3
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

So Fiverr does have a way to notice AI-written gig descriptions, and acts on it. That's great news.

That's probably the reason the gig got deleted, but he doesn't say that CS told him that was the reason - maybe it was what was shown as the reason in an email or notification. In theory it could be been removed for something else like offering "google top ranking" (when that might not be something the seller can guarantee). eg. maybe he could be assuming ChatGPT was the reason.

But if it was removed because of using ChatGPT, if ChatGPT is now adding some watermark so it's easily detectable then that probably doesn't guarantee that it's written by ChatGPT (just that there's probably a high probability that it was). And other methods also probably aren't 100% accurate at detecting ChatGPT content, so they may give false positives and sellers who write their gig descriptions themselves might get their gig removed by mistake because of it. Also they could run something after ChatGPT wrote it that made the checks not detect it was written by ChatGPT. So people who use it might be able to easily get around it and people who don't might get their gig's falsely detected as ChatGPT content and removed.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 13
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 2

Oh Fiverr, dear Fiverr, how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways, with poetry.

You are a marketplace, a digital bazaar
Where freelancers and clients, from near and far
Connect and collaborate, with ease and grace
To bring forth projects, with skill and pace.

You offer a platform, for every trade
From writing and design to coding and trade
Whatever your needs, you'll find it here
With top-notch talent, without any fear.

Your gigs are affordable, with prices fair
Yet quality's not compromised, it's always there
With feedback and reviews, to help us choose
The best of the best, to our project's use.

Oh Fiverr, dear Fiverr, how do I love thee?

For all the things you do, and all that you be
You're a haven for freelancers, and clients too
A place where creativity thrives, and dreams come true.

So here's to you, Fiverr, my love and my muse
May you continue to inspire, and never refuse
To bring forth the best, from your amazing crew
For I shall always love you, forever true.

[ Written by ChatGPT ]

• Like 15
  • Haha 6
  • Up 2

I actually fact checked ChatGPT generated content as per request by a client. While it did get the "point" right, it had a couple of facts wrong and other questionable content (as to where it exactly it made that claim - e.g. source study could not be found). The topic wasn't even too niche, it was in the food industry! 😬

• Like 10
  • Up 6

ChatGPT is heavily biased towards certain content.

I like it well enough, but I wouldn't ever stress about it replacing me. If anything the benefits it has brought to my daily life have more than offset the disadvantages.

I have used it enough to quickly realize something:

It gets things wrong. A lot.

I don't mean just technical stuff either. I am talking about the extremely basic stuff.

It is a solid program, and a fantastic tool. It really helps when I am feeling pressured with something and I need a breakthrough. That said, I almost never follow it's recommendations word for word.

It is a word salad generator that has the ability to kinda follow complex logic and present reasonable ideas. Not because it is smart, but because it is using the laws of averages.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, sujanaprodesign said:

Kind of a blessing. I have used it to do my assignment.

Please be careful.  I have worked in education for a long time, and even though you may think that your tutors won't find out, they will!   UK universities and colleges are already giving people the heads up this if they use chatGPT for any sort of academic writing, they will be harshly disciplined. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Up 3