New seller gig now rotation

timir69

Hello good people!

I can see fiver updated their search result for new gig in the first page, Thats means every gig will be rotation or roster Based on first page for search result.

Its really good news for new seller and gig opener.

I m not sure how it will impact the skillset seller who were being found in first page. 

Thank you 

• Like 29

12 hours ago, timir69 said:

I can see fiver updated their search result for new gig in the first page

There was no update, and gigs do not get ranked on the first page. Fiverr does not operate like an internet search engine. It is a matching service, where great gigs are ONLY matched to potential buyers for that gig. No one gets "ranked" on the first page.

• Like 22
  • Confused 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

As lena Said and also few week  ago it was really normal like if you search the best selling gig will come up in front page now its not like that.. its has been updated as my experience past few weeks. 

Also I read that "Fiverr 3.0" article and Its true that the search engine updated  

image.thumb.png.b08d6258897293c648b8e9d2524db316.png

• Like 18

25 minutes ago, timir69 said:

Also I read that "Fiverr 3.0" article and Its true that the search engine updated

@frank_d wrote his "Fiverr 3.0" forum article nearly two years ago. Fiverr is not an internet-like search engine, and there has been no recent specific "search engine update", as you claim. I have read Frank's article too -- many times. I am well aware of Frank's assessment. I tell forum users the same things Frank did in his article.

• Like 19
  • Up 4

Where to begin?

Fiverr search results are extremely dynamic.

I can post a follow up post with new findings if people are interested, but as I keep saying: stop thinking in terms of SEO and SEO alone.

If 1,000 search for the same thing at the same time they will get subtle, mild and extreme variations in their results based on a lot of things that Fiverr began tracking back when I wrote my 3.0 thesis.

Gigs do shuffle a lot, but unfortunately, it’s not because Fiverr looks to give everyone a fair shot. 

In my personal opinion, Fiverr has trained a machine to optimize revenue and sales and so it does go through a lot of repositioning as it is always trying to achieve the perfect match that will lead to a great possible outcome.

I stopped posting about this and explaining how I perceive things and what I discover as:

1) it was brought to my attention that my posts can be perceived as me gatekeeping information or having some sort of exclusive access others don’t 

2) people keep asking me how this works and what to do but when I take the time to reply, they resist the fact that Fiverr is not Google and that SEO is not what they should be focusing on.

• Like 20
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, jonbaas said:

@frank_d wrote his "Fiverr 3.0" forum article nearly two years ago.

4 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I can post a follow up post with new findings if people are interested

I bet you they are, I'd certainly read it once, twice, or thrice. And sounds like high time for Fiverr 5.0; just skip the 4, as it's two years already, and the 4 is an unlucky number in some countries, anyway.

But I understand your reservations, getting told you're gate-keeping in exchange for sharing observations, and conclusions, and adding actual content and lively discussions to the forum, is a bad deal.

• Like 22

Thank you @miiila

To be honest I was hesitant to mention anything about why I suddenly just stopped posting on here, but I am working through things and just decided to spend some time lurking and see where it takes me.

I do miss everyone and our lively discussions!

Heck, I miss making webinars the most!

• Like 24

26 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I stopped posting about this and explaining how I perceive things and what I discover as:

1) it was brought to my attention that my posts can be perceived as me gatekeeping information or having some sort of exclusive access others don’t 

Well, this is just silly! If Fiverr is really concerned about misrepresentation, they would get rid of badges on the forum. I, for one, do not like how "Grand Master" makes me look like an expert when I'm not. I just know how to read, find, and apply information.

And on each of your posts @frank_d, you clearly have a disclaimer that you are not speaking from a place of authority.

31 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I can post a follow up post with new findings if people are interested

I echo @miiila's sentiment! I would love to see this!

• Like 21

5 minutes ago, frank_d said:

To be honest I was hesitant to mention anything about why I suddenly just stopped posting on here, but I am working through things and just decided to spend some time lurking and see where it takes me.

I would like to personally thank you for 'Fiverr 3.0' and 'Fiverr 3.1'.

You rescued many of us from the maelstrom of false information in threads upon threads.

Those posts were especially important to me during my first months before I had access to Fiverr staff through seller plus.

I have linked them countless times since I started writing!

So please, do not listen to this malicious criticism. You have helped many of us immensely!

Thank you,

Spyros.

• Like 24

31 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I just know how to read, find, and apply information.

15 minutes ago, miiila said:

Just? Just?! You're soooo well ahead of the curve with that alone already! 😉

My skills are in that order.😂

I can read (which is 75% of the battle on the forum), I'm getting better at finding information, and if I could apply everything I learned (with perfect execution), business would be really booming!

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 16
  • Up 2

A bow for all the grand master here.. few week ago its was like normal experience, when I  search for the service i provide and its showing same gig service provider on the first page like always there, but suddenly its come up with new gig or low rated seller on the first page. I have read the article 3.1 and skipped that 3.0 but recently i have read that article twice, I didn't know that was happening from last two years :P . 

It was just me or something that find fiverr search engine being working like they want.:classic_blush:

• Like 16

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

Sounds like you were just taking care of yourself, which is a good thing. I did miss your informative posts, and hope they will return.

2 hours ago, frank_d said:

it was brought to my attention that my posts can be perceived as me gatekeeping information or having some sort of exclusive access others don’t 

In an environment where Fiverr hardly shares any information at all with the users, It seems ironic that they tried to lay this "gatekeeper" label on you - I always just thought you were sharing your opinions about what was going on. 

It could be perceived that Fiverr functions under the concept of "knowledge is power," which is why they are so reticent for information to be shared with users.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 20

@frank_d, I just wanted to tell you that your post Fiver 3.0 is great! I recently read it after @Lena shared the link with me in a discussion.

On 11/4/2022 at 1:29 AM, frank_d said:

On 11/4/2022 at 2:10 AM, frank_d said:

I wouldn’t want my behavior to hurt anyone either on this forum or Fiverr staffers.

Frankly speaking (looking at the fact that Lena is a Fiverr Staff member and she shared the link to your post as a reference instead of any official Fiverr article), I don't think what you posted is hurting anyone either on this forum or Fiverr staffers. In fact, the post is quite helpful (as accepted by Lena, a Fiverr Staff Member) and many other community members.

On 11/4/2022 at 1:29 AM, frank_d said:

I can post a follow up post with new findings if people are interested,

I would love to know about your new findings 🙂

• Like 17

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2022 at 1:59 AM, frank_d said:

Fiverr has trained a machine to optimize revenue and sales

This is really a correct point about Fiverr's algorithm or any algorithm, one way or the other. For a company, earning revenue is the most important thing. Fiverr will always try to give more air time to those individuals who can earn the biggest sum of money in the shortest possible time. Our job is to provide high quality service so that customers always come back to Fiverr's platform to solve their problems and meet their needs.

• Like 12

On 11/2/2022 at 8:37 PM, timir69 said:

Hello good people!

I can see fiver updated their search result for new gig in the first page, Thats means every gig will be rotation or roster Based on first page for search result.

Its really good news for new seller and gig opener.

I m not sure how it will impact the skillset seller who were being found in first page. 

Thank you 

Fiber Algorithm will certainly give opportunities to new seller. Because everyone is a seller in the marketplace, The only difference is some are skilled sellers, some are new sellers.

Thanks

levelup_graphic

• Like 9