Leaving Fiverr

aashirsulehriya

I am a level 2 seller and working on Fiverr from last two years, i worked really hard to achieve this level. 

I optimized my gigs and did marketing as well, i gave many new clients to Fiverr who even didn't know about the Fiverr and signed on this platform just because of me. I almost made sales from the Facebook and different social media platforms. I am glad that my marketing strategies are very powerful and i am able to make the sales.

Well, the point is what i am getting from the Fiverr? 

On Fiverr, i was scammed multiple times and Fiverr couldn't help me with that scammers. 

I bought many clients on Fiverr but Fiverr didn't promote my gigs. I made some sales from buyers request as well but now buyer requests are gone and replaced with the so called brief feature.

I didn't get any brief yet neither i am getting any messages in my inbox. 

Now, i feel there is no hope being staying on this platform. If i can make the sales from Facebook than why would i take the orders on Fiverr and give Fiverr 20% of comission? Obviously you deserve something in return. 

Please don't suggest me to optimize or market the gigs, i have done that and i got the sales as well, if you see my profile and say that i have delivered the order recently ( which means that order was from Facebook). 

What is the future of new sellers on Fiverr? We level 2 sellers are ruined by the Fiverr new system. 

Buyer request was the only hope for people to get some orders but now i don't see anything for new sellers to stay on this platform. 

And the brief system is limited to few sellers only. Wow! Fiverr is playing very well here. 

• Like 18
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 9

19 minutes ago, aashirsulehriya said:

Obviously you deserve something in return. 

It's a free service and you make money from it. You're not paying to sell here, and you made a profit. So.. 

You are getting something in return, a platform to send and deliver files, payments and marketing are handled by Fiverr, so you just do the work. 

19 minutes ago, aashirsulehriya said:

What is the future of new sellers on Fiverr? We level 2 sellers are ruined by the Fiverr new system. 

What new system? The briefs are optional, and you don't have to use them. For me they were just as bad as buyer requests so it's a waste of time either way. Just people underpricing services to get the cheapest price.

• Like 28
  • Up 4

On 10/30/2022 at 6:41 AM, donnovan86 said:

It's a free service and you make money from it. You're not paying to sell here, and you made a profit. So.. 

You are getting something in return, a platform to send and deliver files, payments and marketing are handled by Fiverr, so you just do the work. 

What new system? The briefs are optional, and you don't have to use them. For me they were just as bad as buyer requests so it's a waste of time either way. Just people underpricing services to get the cheapest price.

Free services? Wow! We are living in 21st century and the world has changed now. We can use many other social media platforms for deliveries and receiving/sending the payments. Why Fiverr than? Why do you need to work hard to bring sales for Fiverr where they get the comission of 20%, i am willing to pay more than that if Fiverr promotes my services.

It is bitter reality that Fiverr is losing their reputation now and their algorithm sucks. 

Marketing handled by Fiverr? One of the worst marketing services i have ever seen on Fiverr. I swear that my marketing strategies are more powerful than Fiverr at least i achieved my seller 2 badge with that which makes no sense in a real. Lol

I am not here to ditch Fiverr but at least give me one solid reason for staying on this platform. 

• Like 18
  • Up 1

This is not something to get angry or upset about. This is simply making a business decision based on what works best for you. If you're making more money and growing your business better on Facebook or elsewhere, isn't that a good thing, too? There's no need to put down or abandon one platform because another is working well for you. The adage, 'Don't put all your eggs in one basket' is a very good one when it comes to freelance or small business income.

Best of luck to you wherever you end up!

• Like 17
  • Up 8

2 hours ago, aashirsulehriya said:

It is bitter reality that Fiverr is losing their reputation now and their algorithm sucks. 

The thing is, there are 3-4 times more sellers when compared to pre-pandemic times, if not more in some categories. The algorithm needs to adapt and people also need to improve their gigs. If not, others will take their place. I don't see how Fiverr loses its reputation when it's still one of the top freelancing sites right now. But as someone else said, if you choose to do business on other platform, you do you. It works for you, it might not work for others. Unlike other sites where you have to pay for credits and proposals for a potential order, here people find you and it's way more convenient. You don't have to pay for marketing either, Fiverr does that from its 20%. I think you might have a few negative private reviews, and that's why people can't find you, since Fiverr pushed you back due to bad performance.

I am not here to ditch Fiverr but at least give me one solid reason for staying on this platform. 

YOU MAKE MONEY! 🙂 It's as simple as that. Plus, you don't have to pay a yearly maintenance fee. If you do have any issues with stats, those will go away and Fiverr will still promote your gigs. You can experiment with new gig descriptions, show Fiverr that you are working on your gigs..

Marketing handled by Fiverr? One of the worst marketing services i have ever seen on Fiverr. I swear that my marketing strategies are more powerful than Fiverr at least i achieved my seller 2 badge with that which makes no sense in a real. Lol

By marketing I mean Fiverr has millions of buyers and they get to see your gig without you paying anything for it (unless you use Promoted Gigs, but that's another thing entirely).

The bottom line is, this is your choice. I am also dealing with a lack of orders, but I am working on improving my skills, learning new things, reading, and so on. There are always things to do when Fiverr slows down. And it does slow down from time to time. It happens, especially with so many people being on Fiverr. Let's face it, there will always be others that are happy with Fiverr while you are not, it's the way things are. 

• Like 17
  • Up 6

On 10/30/2022 at 6:41 AM, donnovan86 said:

What new system? The briefs are optional, and you don't have to use them. For me they were just as bad as buyer requests so it's a waste of time

I have received a couple of good orders from briefs. But I am also getting spam briefs where the seller is trying to promote themselves. At least we can report fake briefs.

I guess cheaters will always find a way to try to cheat.

On 10/30/2022 at 6:19 AM, aashirsulehriya said:

I have noticed that sellers with a 4.8-star review average or lower have noted that they have not received any buyer briefs. Also, briefs need to be enabled on the Gigs page. Have you done that?

I read buyers are spending more per order on Fiverr than in the past, despite the slowdown due to macroeconomics. 

• Like 17
  • Up 2

7 hours ago, aashirsulehriya said:

I am a level 2 seller and working on Fiverr from last two years, i worked really hard to achieve this level. 

I optimized my gigs and did marketing as well, i gave many new clients to Fiverr who even didn't know about the Fiverr and signed on this platform just because of me. I almost made sales from the Facebook and different social media platforms. I am glad that my marketing strategies are very powerful and i am able to make the sales.

On Fiverr, i was scammed multiple times and Fiverr couldn't help me with that scammers. 

I bought many clients on Fiverr but Fiverr didn't promote my gigs. I made some sales from buyers request as well but now buyer requests are gone and replaced with the so called brief feature.

Now, i feel there is no hope being staying on this platform. If i can make the sales from Facebook than why would i take the orders on Fiverr and give Fiverr 20% of comission? Obviously you deserve something in return. 

Please don't suggest me to optimize or market the gigs, i have done that and i got the sales as well, if you see my profile and say that i have delivered the order recently ( which means that order was from Facebook). 

Buyer request was the only hope for people to get some orders but now i don't see anything for new sellers to stay on this platform. 

And the brief system is limited to few sellers only. Wow! Fiverr is playing very well here. 

Hello

Well you want Fiverr to compensate you because you got scammed several times? Don't blame everything on Fiverr. There is a possibility that you are lacking somewhere. Probably in communication, dealing with clients poorly etc. See for yourself first!

You have been on Fiverr since 2 years then did you observe that where are you lacking that you are encountering this situation now? Did you try to improve your skills? Did you deliver quality work? Are your gigs good enough to attract buyers (not referring to SEO).. 

The so-called feature according to you i.e. Get Briefs is a good thing that it got launched because buyer request was getting spammed by sellers mostly. Did you even try to set it at the lowest price?

If you feel hopeless then you are at fault too. You are just giving up without doing anything else or making things better! So you want Fiverr to not take their 20% from our earning though they provided a platform for you to earn online and improve your skills? They deserve those 20%.

You are a Level 2 Seller and you have this kind of mindset. So disappointing it is (sorry to say). I am a Level 2 Seller probably since 2015 but I have not complained a single time that why they have not made me TRS yet? Rather than focusing on TRS, I am trying to polish my skills!

Why are you focusing more on other social media platforms than Fiverr? I am just curious! 

So it is better to not lose hope. Try to make your clients potential in such a way that they become your repeat clients. Deliver the quality work (you can do extra work but little) so that buyer gets impressed and comes back for more orders!

Good Luck!

P.S. Sorry for a long post 😬

• Like 13
  • Up 2

tips to identify scammers 

1 = they will send you email to contact 

2 = they will like to do a small task in huge budet

3 = they will share a social link mostly telegram

and they will ask you to reach them out side fivrr 

---------------------------------------------------------------

how to avoid scammer 

type the message below

"hi , thank to reach us. i am ready to work with you on this project if you have any question feel free to ask here i cannot talk out of fiverr platoform it the against of fiverr terms and conditions , thank you..

• Like 15
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/30/2022 at 4:19 PM, aashirsulehriya said:

almost same here boss... i am also level 2 seller... did not getting any knock from buyer

• Like 8
  • Up 3

On 10/30/2022 at 11:19 AM, aashirsulehriya said:

On 10/30/2022 at 1:57 PM, aashirsulehriya said:

If you really want to quit, that's fine, but if you quit seeing it too emotional and ask yourself not why not to quit, but why to quit, it might help. As you say your own marketing is better than theirs, that's awesome. Then ditch all Gigs that aren't really worth it, that cause trouble, or edit your Gigs so that they'll cause no or little trouble and will be worth it, and so that mostly people who are willing to pay what makes sense for you, will message in the first place (apart from the unavoidable spammers, of course). Set up Quick Responses, and only check your Fiverr browser tab once within 24 hours to reply to everything at once/click Spam the spam button, or when you get a notification about something that might seem worth it. Try that for a while before quitting completely. Changing your attitude, approach, set up might make Fiverr work for you again, in a different way. 
But quitting is fine, if you think you're not getting anything from it, there are enough people who'll happily pick up your customers. Good luck in any case, on or off Fiverr.

• Like 14
  • Up 2

23 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

It depends on what you sell and how much you earn. It also depends on where you live. 

I sell video editing and 3D services, I barely have buyers since pandemic ended, I live in france so I have to set prices depending on the average in my country, my prices aren't very high for what I should have been paid if I had a job here, and yet, people find it expensive and don't want to spend money, unless coming from eastern or poor countries, I doubt it is possible to have a decent wage here.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

Just like other Fiverr sellers I've been a victim to Fiverr's new algorithm as well. I was a level 2 seller and fiverr deported me to Level 1, though I get a lot of requests but no one's willing to pay for the services they require i.e NO SERIOUS CLIENT. Whats the point of having so many requests then?  

The briefs are optional, For me they were just as bad as buyer requests so it's a waste of time either way. Just people underpricing services to get the cheapest price. How do I get real clients back.

pour in suggestions if you have any. Thanks

• Like 8
  • Up 2

14 hours ago, aliayyaz said:

Just like other Fiverr sellers I've been a victim to Fiverr's new algorithm as well.

The algorithm is not new. This very algorithm (in general) has been around, and in use, for years. 

You are not a victim or anything here on Fiverr. You are blaming something external to you, rather than learning how to work within the existing algorithm, and build your success on your own terms (within the rules, of course).

I was a level 2 seller and fiverr deported me to Level 1

Fiverr did no such thing. Your seller performance, and seller metrics, fell. When the metrics are not maintained, you are automatically demoted. When you are demoted, you usually have to start over in some strategies, and work your way back to the top. This is -- and has always been -- how business, and life, works.

I get a lot of requests but no one's willing to pay for the services they require i.e NO SERIOUS CLIENT.

Then perhaps there is something about your services that no longer appeals to your target customers.

How do I get real clients back.

Become a great seller, whom your target customers NEED to hire.

pour in suggestions if you have any.

I just did. Good luck!

• Like 8
  • Up 5

I feel so terrible for you.

It’s probably hard to read my expression, as I’m too busy sipping from this well crafted espresso glass that fiverr sends to all the “high earning sellers.” It’s fantastic and quite a homely little edition to this year’s “luxury gift bag.” 

But I assure you, behind this mug is a sad expression.

It must be difficult. Somedays, I wake up in the house I own from my freelance salary, go over to my high end espresso machine paid for by Fiverr’s marketing, make a double shot and let it sit in my self heating coffee cup (that I paid three hundred dollars for on a whim) and I just look upon my three acres of land and fret over the way fiverr knowingly takes advantage of you level two sellers.

Don't they know how much they owe you? I mean … dang, I’ll bet you’ve never bought an expensive dog breed just to take a selfie. Or paid a few hundred for autographed socks that you jog in. Or spent five thousand dollars on a workout machine and used it as a fancy dinner table.

They’re making you live like an animal.

Seriously, what do they think? They deserve 20 percent for all that marketing, infrastructure, their employees, offices, events, beta creations, servers, independent consultants and market research that they give us?

Monsters, I say!

Sure, I make thousands and thousands and thousands a month from fiverr. But that doesn’t mean the system works. In fact, I read in the news that “systems” were broken because of something called the “patriarchy.” It made me so upset, I almost gave my cleaning lady the day off.

Almost.

It just humiliates me the way that Pro Sellers, like myself, are treated by comparison. With all of our fancy clubs and corporate cars. That silly credit card they give us. The stupid limos. The paid for vacations. The secret get-togethers. The in person meetings with customer service. That pompous spa package. And the paid benefits, ugh so cringe worthy.

But it’s not the high life it portrays itself to be. I’ll have you know, the last corporate retreat featured nothing but 80’s bands. None of which have had a hit since the actual 80’s. Trust me, the last people you want at your dinner table is “Tommy Tutone.”  They ate all the caviar and didn’t even order a champagne worth drinking. Not to mention, it took me over a week to get Shelia E’s perfume off my dinner jacket (and her impervious lipstick still won’t dissolve from my collar).   

Life can be tough.

What I’m saying is, I get it. You have every right to feel upset. Some folks try and try and watch their dreams of independence boil into a half-written whimper on the forum. While others sit mighty, on chairs with motorized muscle massagers, laughing with their favorite fiverr customer service representatives (that we have on speed dial) and taking all the money and marketing for ourselves. I guess it’s just the way that life is - but luckily for you, you’ll never experience the overwhelming glee that accompanies being treated like a fiverr-god. So you’ll never have to miss it.

And that makes me happy for you.

Good luck on your journey. And don’t worry about getting your spot filled… 

… those spots don’t even count in the algorithm.

Take care dear soul. 
Tootles. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

Fiverr has been adding all these "fees" which I don't like, ( the worst is the transaction fee when giving a tip!) but the one thing Fiverr has NOT done is
to charge us for using this platform. No monthly fees of any sort.
So in other words, even if I stop getting orders I still don't have to pay anything. Sales have been a bit low for me for the past few months, but I don't see myself
quitting Fiverr because when the order comes, they come. My translation gig is my most popular gig, my illustration gig gets orders here and there, and I have several others gigs where I rarely get orders,but I don't delete them because I don't have to pay for it.

If you are making enough money outside Fiverr and you're too busy, I think quitting is an option, but it won't hurt to keep the account.
Why quit? True, they are scammers here and I'm sure we all have several good stories to tell, but we all need to deal with annoying stuff when working. 😅

• Like 11

umm, that response doesn't help at all. you just tried to negate everything i said, instead of sharing any advice. If you don't have any advice to share, I'd prefer you don't comment on the post as I am genuinely looking for advice that will help me get work here again.

The fact remains that the Buyer Requests don't have any serious projects anymore, and I am trying to get work otherwise but no success yet. I haven't received any Buyer Briefs yet either.

Any advice on how to stay ahead of the curve would be appreciated. 

• Like 8