Leaving Fiverr

aashirsulehriya

Well, actually, @jonbaas is absolutely right. It wasn't Fiverr who dropped you from level 2 to level 1-it doesn't just happen for no reason.

And about Briefs and Requests - most sellers never even use these options. Either learn how to work with them or don't use them at all. Instead, improve your portfolio and gain new skills, do research, and find out what your target audience needs now. Sounds boring, but this is the reality

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, shafain876 said:

Fiverr should disclose the algorithm because many people don't know how it works 

That's kind of the idea! 

If everyone knew how it worked then gig creation would be a tick box exercise, and everyone would perform the same, regardless of level and ability. 

By not knowing how it works, it allows the people who research, test and implement their gigs to be successful. These are the freelancers who work hard and grow their gigs through trial and error. 

If you're going to make comments like this, then please back them up with at least a justification for what you write, otherwise you're just commenting for the sake of it to boost your forum rank. 

• Like 9
  • Up 2

On 11/2/2022 at 10:20 AM, damooch916 said:

I feel so terrible for you.

It’s probably hard to read my expression, as I’m too busy sipping from this well crafted espresso glass that fiverr sends to all the “high earning sellers.” It’s fantastic and quite a homely little edition to this year’s “luxury gift bag.” 

But I assure you, behind this mug is a sad expression.

It must be difficult. Somedays, I wake up in the house I own from my freelance salary, go over to my high end espresso machine paid for by Fiverr’s marketing, make a double shot and let it sit in my self heating coffee cup (that I paid three hundred dollars for on a whim) and I just look upon my three acres of land and fret over the way fiverr knowingly takes advantage of you level two sellers.

Don't they know how much they owe you? I mean … dang, I’ll bet you’ve never bought an expensive dog breed just to take a selfie. Or paid a few hundred for autographed socks that you jog in. Or spent five thousand dollars on a workout machine and used it as a fancy dinner table.

They’re making you live like an animal.

Seriously, what do they think? They deserve 20 percent for all that marketing, infrastructure, their employees, offices, events, beta creations, servers, independent consultants and market research that they give us?

Monsters, I say!

Sure, I make thousands and thousands and thousands a month from fiverr. But that doesn’t mean the system works. In fact, I read in the news that “systems” were broken because of something called the “patriarchy.” It made me so upset, I almost gave my cleaning lady the day off.

Almost.

It just humiliates me the way that Pro Sellers, like myself, are treated by comparison. With all of our fancy clubs and corporate cars. That silly credit card they give us. The stupid limos. The paid for vacations. The secret get-togethers. The in person meetings with customer service. That pompous spa package. And the paid benefits, ugh so cringe worthy.

But it’s not the high life it portrays itself to be. I’ll have you know, the last corporate retreat featured nothing but 80’s bands. None of which have had a hit since the actual 80’s. Trust me, the last people you want at your dinner table is “Tommy Tutone.”  They ate all the caviar and didn’t even order a champagne worth drinking. Not to mention, it took me over a week to get Shelia E’s perfume off my dinner jacket (and her impervious lipstick still won’t dissolve from my collar).   

Life can be tough.

What I’m saying is, I get it. You have every right to feel upset. Some folks try and try and watch their dreams of independence boil into a half-written whimper on the forum. While others sit mighty, on chairs with motorized muscle massagers, laughing with their favorite fiverr customer service representatives (that we have on speed dial) and taking all the money and marketing for ourselves. I guess it’s just the way that life is - but luckily for you, you’ll never experience the overwhelming glee that accompanies being treated like a fiverr-god. So you’ll never have to miss it.

And that makes me happy for you.

Good luck on your journey. And don’t worry about getting your spot filled… 

… those spots don’t even count in the algorithm.

Take care dear soul. 
Tootles. 

Holy shit. that has to be the worst attempt at sarcasm i've ever seen 😄 What a waste of time

Edited by aliayyaz
  • Like 8

On 10/30/2022 at 11:40 AM, ahmad_2802 said:

I don’t know what’s happening here. Someone is quite bittersweet with Fiverr.

For anyone whose attention span isn't long enough to follow the more entertaining posts but wants to know what is going on (in about half of all forum threads), I recommend referring back to the first comment in this thread, as seen above, which already covers it quite perfectly, and minimistically, even poetically-haikuesque. Too many posts contain too little information and too much heartbreak too* help.

*yes, I know, too little proper spelling, too, but little to looked so lost in all the too's company, that I took pity and compromised my sense of spelling for its sake

• Like 11

1 hour ago, damooch916 said:

Such anger. Such envy. Such mistakes

Look at you. Mad at the world … walking into the lions den, with that mop of fluff bouncing on your head and that indignant pose. Well, here I am. 

The lion as promised

I imagine you pinching your brow until creases tattoo themselves along your eyes sockets. Gnashing your teeth and muttering words like a terrible ventriloquist.

And I see your lips moving.

Jolting and fidgeting. Mouth quivering as you frantically clasp your hands and plead out, “Gods above, give me the words that I might defeat my enemy.”

But the Gods won’t answer. After all, they’ve seen this episode before and they know the twist by heart. You’re not the ventriloquist. 

You’re the dummy.

You can’t even vomit the words out. They hang and stick inside your mouth. I hear you choking desperately. Gagging over that arbitrary trite you call a “writing style.” Hacking coarsely until the sound arranges itself into a putrid melody. 

Crap orchestral word spasms” In the key of D minor. 

Your tone would erode the foundation of all it pinged from … if only you mattered, level 1.

But you don’t.

And it’s that severe reality that has you collapsing, here, in front of all of us.  

You want sarcasm you say? Haven’t you had enough? 

Sarcasm is the commentary between your lover and her friends. 

Sarcasm is the 70’s commending you on that  rats nest you call a haircut. 

Sarcasm is the English alphabet serving you a cease and desist. 

Sarcasm is the mortician that convinced you to wear that outfit. 

Sarcasm is your faux writing career being reflected and utterly unraveled by a guy in sweatpants (though, I hereby demand that they be referred to as “sexy sweats.” Let’s get that going). 

Sarcasm is the identity I leave you with; the space where your dumb-headed commentary stood, the written remains of you left exposed and pacified by the passerby out of pity.

If I let them recognize you at all. 

And when the ghost of you is all that’s left - it’s pity, not sarcasm, that you’ll be clinging to Fluffy. Your hands aching and your grip moist … until your fingers give out and you fall back to that desperate ooze of degeneracy from which you emerged. 

Your problem isn’t my sarcasm - you embryonic, soft thinking, micro dolt. Your problem is in the many real truths lurking inside my post and it’s abject exposure of your failed fiverr experience. It’s salt over a wound that’s far too fresh. So painful is the truth, in fact, it’s blurred you from seeing the point. Just as you gush hideous verbiage and pretend it’s “writing,” you’ve allowed your negative fiverr experience to overlook the implications of my words and you pretend it’s “analysis.”

You’ve come to this forum to sermonize on the self perceived “wrong doing” of fiverr. You’ve spat in the face of every professional and “do gooder” that offered you guidance. And you’ve seemingly come to issue a death sentence to whatever goodwill you would ever achieve in these forums. Well hoss, you came to just the right place. I’m not above walking your unearned ego into the gallows. Something tells me it’s gonna be a short trip.

This forum is far from perfect. Its decorations are crass and no one seems to know where that fish smell is coming from. But it’s ours. I find most of the overly excitable “helping” to be an exercise of futility … but I don’t blame the helpers. I blame you. The self guided, “gimmie mentality,” do - nothing, chorus of deceived jerk-offs that go into cognitive fugue over the mere suggestion that their results are self administered. 

This is why my equity and reputation, both here and on fiverr proper, will always be superior to yours: I understand that no one owes me success. So I bust my ass for it. I respect and congregate freely with people who dominate their field and I learn from their rituals. I don’t seek to take from the pile here without issuing a return. I pour myself into responses - despite those responses being unorthodox. There’s a purpose to that: I’m not speaking to you. I’m speaking to the hard working and the accountable. We’re engaged in a game … and as fate would have it … we lost your invitation again. 

Your failure has caused you to retreat into a manic, defensive, blinding and fetal position of irresponsibility. The medical term for this self imposed sniveling is “baby man” disease. Here are some signs that you’ve been infected with this hampering impairment: 

Your pajamas have socks attached to them.

Drinks suddenly taste better in a sippy cup. 

You’ve developed an intense affiliation with your “blanky.”

You’ve heard no less than two monsters rummaging under your bed.

You’re not ready to part with your “Peppa Pig” night light. 

You like your food zoomed into your mouth while someone says “here comes the airplane.” 

You’re convinced that girls have cooties. 

You fling yourself to the ground and gyrate your legs when you hear the word “no.”  

You’re suddenly incapable of saying “spaghetti” without people laughing. 

If you’re experiencing these symptoms, talk to your doctor and see which remedies are right for you. These may include: gratitude, self worth, contemplation, cordiality, listening and meditating on the idea that your work life is yours to navigate. 

Pride is the drug of the moronic. And you’ve proven to be a junkie. 

At every instance you’ve offered nothing, which is synonymous with your current value, while turning away every good natured offering and running your mouth. Today, that caught up to you like a speed runner on steroids. Take this embarrassing trouncing and use it as motivation to deeply investigate the connection between your expectations (of yourself and others) and the results. See if you can’t find the connection. See if you can’t find the answers inside the silence. See if you can’t find the truth … the very truth I just removed from your corroded insides and smeared about for everyone to look at. 

Then see if you can find your shinebox.

I’d offer you good luck, but you’d just complain that it wasn’t “buy one, get one free.” Regardless, pick up the pieces of yourself that I’ve torn to chewed bits, silence that internal, ill equipped weakling that would seek to prolong your public decimation, take this town square thrashing and learn from it. Besides, I likely won’t remember you anyways.  

However, I can always be reached for in person consultation if the fates allow. I offer total attitude adjustment and intense perspective. Results are guaranteed. 

awww, dude seriously. i hope whatever's wrong in your life and head is sorted out soon. my pity and prayers are with you. let me know if i can be of help ❤️ positive vibes your way

• Like 8