Tips for securing the sale from a brief

Kesha

A member recently posed a question that I thought could also be beneficial for all sellers: How can a seller respond to a brief in a way that impresses the buyer and allows them to stand out and secure the job? Here are some of the tips I shared:

Read the brief thoroughly

Make sure to understand exactly what the buyer is looking for before you respond. Sending an irrelevant response is the quickest way to deter buyers. 

Personalize your response

For every brief a buyer puts out, they receive dozens of messages from interested freelancers. Stand out by crafting a thoughtful and personalized reply. Avoid sending vague or generic responses such as “Hi, please hire me” or “I can help you with this project.” 

Instead, address them by name and mention specific details from their brief. Provide information on your experiences and qualifications, send relevant samples of your work, and give them a brief overview of what working with you would look like.  

Offer a Zoom consultation
To go the extra mile, offer to hop on a Zoom call with the buyer. This allows you to foster a stronger connection, gather more project details, and demonstrate exactly how you can help them. 

Overall, when responding to a brief, set yourself apart from the competition with thoughtful, thorough responses that shows the buyer you’re attentive to their needs. 

Did I miss anything? What are some strategies you use to impress buyers and win the sale? Share them with fellow sellers below!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

It would help if the briefs weren't for Chinese translations, French books, and fiction ghostwriting, when I offer nothing of this sort. I haven't received a single relevant brief since they were launched.  The system is about as smart as my cat. Actually, it's probably less smart. At least my cat knows which human to bug for food. The briefs system can't even identify that I don't speak Chinese. 🙃

• Like 6
  • Up 2

On 5/11/2024 at 6:44 PM, smashradio said:

It would help if the briefs weren't for Chinese translations, French books, and fiction ghostwriting, when I offer nothing of this sort. I haven't received a single relevant brief since they were launched.  The system is about as smart as my cat. Actually, it's probably less smart. At least my cat knows which human to bug for food. The briefs system can't even identify that I don't speak Chinese. 🙃

Thanks for the feedback! We certainly want this system to be able to compete with your cat so passing the feedback along swiftly! 🫡

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Kesha said:

Thanks for the feedback! We certainly want this system to be able to compete with your cat so passing the feedback along swiftly! 🫡

I've shared that feedback since the feature was launched. Talking about pets... Do you use turtles to pass feedback along? 🤣 Just joking... Or am i? 😏

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, balticoakmedia said:

Never received a brief but after reading these replies I can see I'm not missing out on anything good. 🤣 

Nothin' waman! 

Briefs are funny, and scary. 

Moreover, you would want to hit a rock so hard outta frustration when they say 'booyah, it's a match', which in fact is something offshore. For instance, when you can't speak/write even one word of Japanese and the algorithm thinks you're a great match with a Japanese guy who wants to write a literature review of 100k words at $20.

Edited by rabihumakhan
  • Like 3