Fiverr is updating Buyer requests

frank_d

On 7/23/2022 at 9:13 PM, jonbaas said:

Once again, as I keep telling certain sellers on this forum, promoting your gigs off-site DOES NOT increase impressions. Impressions are an on-site metric, and are only gained when buyers search for gigs like yours, in the Fiverr search system, and your gig(s) appear in the results.

I didn't know that. Are you sure about this? Do you have a reference?

• Like 26

7 hours ago, valleys2785 said:

Do you have a reference?

Sure:

General Analytics
By default, these statistics represent the past 30 days. You can also view these statistics in a graph view further down the page.

Impressions: These are the number of times your Gig appeared in Fiverr's thumbnails (i.e., on the homepage, category/subcategory page, search, and user page).
Clicks: These are the number of clicks after a user saw it once on the homepage, category/subcategory page, search, and user page.

Source: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010750318-Viewing-Gig-statistics

• Like 24
  • Up 6

Does anyone have any idea when they are rolling out the new buyer request system? As of now, my buyer requests page is there, but empty. I've just started selling and heard that buyer requests is a good way to get started, so really hoping for it soon.

• Like 20

On 7/9/2022 at 3:48 PM, frank_d said:

the majority of this forum doesn’t read anything

Ah i've missed this place 😆

Thanks as always for the info Frank, BRs getting a makeover has to be a good thing, it can't be much worse can it.

Funnily enough buyer 'labels' came up on a call about a month ago, and how they are pretty useless to sellers in detemining a clients professionalism / likelihood to buy etc (vs. seller insights which are very useful). I guess the 'certified' client is Fiverr's new way to differeniate. Here's hoping!

• Like 20

hello Everyone , 

I need help , i made my account in last decemeber . After that i completed 7-8 orders . Last order was in March and after i did not give much attention to fiverr . Now when i open Buyer request option it Says “ Buyer request getting a makeover we ll get back to u soon” . I contacted fiverr support they say they will check my device . i gave them all the details .. and they dint answer . 

Please tell me what to do ? in this situation to recover this 

406D9C84-801B-4EB7-AFC7-351AA6A7B311.png

• Like 19
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

That graphic literally tells you EXACTLY what is going on, and what you can do about it.

You do not need access to BR in order to be successful here on Fiverr. When BR is fully remodeled, you will be able to access the new version, according to the nature of what that new version of BR will be.

• Like 22
  • Up 1

Such a great decision ever made by fiverr team. Nowadays, this problem we are seeing gone so so acute. If everything is figured out in Buyer Requests, it will be really time saving, really worth to send our proposal to the right BUYER. Thank you so MUCH! 

• Like 17

On 7/31/2022 at 6:14 PM, jonbaas said:

That graphic literally tells you EXACTLY what is going on, and what you can do about it.

You do not need access to BR in order to be successful here on Fiverr. When BR is fully remodeled, you will be able to access the new version, according to the nature of what that new version of BR will be.

This isn’t right - I’ve been experiencing this issue for over a month now as well, no one else is experiencing the issue. If Fiverr was indeed making this ‘makeover’ it would come up for everyone, but it isn’t. The graphic doesn’t show up on my laptop, but I don’t have access to my laptop a lot of the time during the day. This is clearly an issue with some sellers and Fiverr needs to sort it out. If anyone has an answer, please tell me. Thanks. 

• Like 17

2 hours ago, lei_ghton said:

This is clearly an issue with some sellers and Fiverr needs to sort it out. If anyone has an answer, please tell me.

I've already told you the answer, and the graphic spells it out quite clearly: "Buyer Request is getting a makeover. Stay tuned for something big that's about to bring more work your way."

Are you really questioning a Fiverr graphic/announcement that literally tells us what's going on with BR? This has been announced; you see the graphic many other users have also reported.... what more of an answer do you need?

• Like 21
  • Up 2

19 hours ago, jonbaas said:

I've already told you the answer, and the graphic spells it out quite clearly: "Buyer Request is getting a makeover. Stay tuned for something big that's about to bring more work your way."

Are you really questioning a Fiverr graphic/announcement that literally tells us what's going on with BR? This has been announced; you see the graphic many other users have also reported.... what more of an answer do you need?

Yes - obviously I’m questioning it. It isn’t affecting all users, and it isn’t affecting my laptop. So clearly there’s a glitch. Is it really so shocking to you that Fiverr’s technology is not 100% perfect at all times? Lol. It’s affecting a very small amount of users, as I struggled to find many people reporting it. Also - it has been ongoing for over a month, that is not normal. So no, you didn’t ‘provide’ me with an answer at all. 

• Like 16

46 minutes ago, lei_ghton said:

So no, you didn’t ‘provide’ me with an answer at all. 

Well, then, good luck finding other answers that provide more satisfactory information. More often than not, the truth you want to hear, is not the truth that actually is.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, lei_ghton said:

Yes - obviously I’m questioning it. It isn’t affecting all users, and it isn’t affecting my laptop. So clearly there’s a glitch.

Yes, it's good to question.

Yes, it isn't affecting all users.

Yes, it isn't affecting the desktop version (yet).

No, it isn't a glitch.

So, to your question - it was answered perfectly by @jonbaas many times on this forum thread:

On 7/24/2022 at 6:44 PM, jonbaas said:

Nothing is broken, so nothing needs to be fixed. Fiverr is upgrading the buyer request feature. Please be patient, and await the completion of their upgrade.

Why isn't it affecting all users? Well, Fiverr is rolling out the program a little at a time. So now it is only affecting several users.

On 7/9/2022 at 9:31 PM, vickieito said:

It appears that Fiverr is rolling this program out a little at a time, since it is already affecting some sellers. However, it hasn't affected me yet. I still have access to the old Buyer Request on the mobile app and desktop (both as a buyer and seller).

Why isn't it affecting your desktop/PC? It's the same reason - the upgrade is being rolled out a little at a time. Right now, it seems to be only affecting the mobile version.

If you love buyer requests, consider yourself lucky that you still have the desktop/PC version.

So clearly there’s a glitch. Is it really so shocking to you that Fiverr’s technology is not 100% perfect at all times? ... Also - it has been ongoing for over a month, that is not normal. 

Yes, Fiverr's technology isn't 100% perfect but this isn't a glitch. This is a long upgrade process, and as @jonbaas mentioned, we have to be patient.

On 8/1/2022 at 2:14 AM, jonbaas said:

This is great advice. You don't need buyer requests to be successful on Fiverr.

I see that you are a writer, so I assume one of the reasons why you just joined the forum is to read and learn about how you can grow your Fiverr business. You can start by reading this post by @williambryan392 who is a top-rated/pro seller who knows how to grow a business:

(note...there are many, many links in the main post and from @imagination7413)

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/282146-how-to-be-successful-on-fiverr-common-questions-answered-and-a-collection-of-great-posts-that-helped-me-achieve-trs/

So no, you didn’t ‘provide’ me with an answer at all. 

Please be considerate when asking questions on the forum. No on is obligated to provide you with any answers to your questions, especially when they have already been answered. The fact that @jonbaas replied many times just shows that he cares enough to respond. 

As you spend more time on the forum, you'll see that most of your questions have been asked before, so sometimes it's quicker just to search for the answer (instead of asking them through posts). Most of my questions are answered just by searching for them.

Another way great way to find answers to your questions is to follow people who regularly answer questions asked by other forum members, such as these folks here (just a few to get started):

@lloydsolutions, @imagination7413, @jonbaas, and @mariashtelle1

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 15
  • Up 7

31 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Yes, it's good to question.

Yes, it isn't affecting all users.

Yes, it isn't affecting the desktop version (yet).

No, it isn't a glitch.

So, to your question - it was answered perfectly by @jonbaas many times on this forum thread:

Why isn't it affecting all users? Well, Fiverr is rolling out the program a little at a time. So now it is only affecting several users.

Why isn't it affecting your desktop/PC? It's the same reason - the upgrade is being rolled out a little at a time. Right now, it seems to be only affecting the mobile version.

If you love buyer requests, consider yourself lucky that you still have the desktop/PC version.

Yes, Fiverr's technology isn't 100% perfect but this isn't a glitch. This is a long upgrade process, and as @jonbaas mentioned, we have to be patient.

This is great advice. You don't need buyer requests to be successful on Fiverr.

I see that you are a writer, so I assume one of the reasons why you just joined the forum is to read and learn about how you can grow your Fiverr business. You can start by reading this post by @williambryan392 who is a top-rated/pro seller who knows how to grow a business:

(note...there are many, many links in the main post and from @imagination7413)

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/282146-how-to-be-successful-on-fiverr-common-questions-answered-and-a-collection-of-great-posts-that-helped-me-achieve-trs/

Please be considerate when asking questions on the forum. No on is obligated to provide you with any answers to your questions, especially when they have already been answered. The fact that @jonbaas replied many times just shows that he cares enough to respond. 

As you spend more time on the forum, you'll see that most of your questions have been asked before, so sometimes it's quicker just to search for the answer (instead of asking them through posts). Most of my questions are answered just by searching for them.

Another way great way to find answers to your questions is to follow people who regularly answer questions asked by other forum members, such as these folks here (just a few to get started):

@lloydsolutions, @imagination7413, @jonbaas, and @mariashtelle1

I wasn’t being inconsiderate in the first place. I never demanded a reply - so the patronizing tone was completely uncalled for. I joined the forum to find an answer to whatever is happening with the buyer requests, and I have tried every way to become a ‘more successful seller’ and it has never worked. Buyer requests are the only way I can get clients. Don’t assume you know everything about a person based on their ‘forum personality’ lmfao. Your tone was unnecessary. Bye. 

• Like 13
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

On 8/4/2022 at 8:23 AM, lei_ghton said:

If Fiverr was indeed making this ‘makeover’ it would come up for everyone, but it isn’t.

No it wouldn’t necessarily. Fiverr is known to rolling out or switching down features starting from certain beta groups, they don’t roll out or switch off features all at once for everyone. They prefer beta testing and switching it off gradually. 

• Like 20
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2022 at 8:38 PM, lei_ghton said:

I have tried every way to become a ‘more successful seller’ and it has never worked.

Alright, let me offer to assist yet again. You say that you have tried every possible way to become a successful seller. As a successful seller myself, I don't think you have. So, I'm curious, what ways, methods, and actionable strategies have you tried? Because I know, for a fact, that dozens of methods work quite well.

Let's start by excluding buyer requests as an option. What else have you tried?

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Nothing that @jonbaas, @vickieito or @mariashtelle1has said is incorrect @lei_ghton and I don’t think anyone was trying to be mean or patronising. They were just trying to be clear.

BRs are changing and shouldn’t be depended on anyway (IMO). Fiverr releases new/different features to different user groups at different times to test (most global marketplaces do this to reduce risk).

There’s lot of great info on the forum, and the successful sellers that have contributed in this thread above regularly make other great posts. I’ve learned lots from them, and we even sometimes disagree which is also ok 😃.

I suggest you check out the ‘tips for sellers’ category, lots of great info there for growing your fiverr business.

• Like 22
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2022 at 10:48 PM, vickiespencer said:

It is not an insult but an observation I have made from my years participating in the Fiverr Forum. A lot of new sellers ask how to be successful on Fiverr. When an experienced seller tells them what they need to do, these new Fiverr sellers want that person to hold their hands and give them all the answers. Before I retired, I was a teacher, and I know people do not learn by having others do for them what they need to learn to do for themselves.

When I was a new seller, I worked my tail off to build my brand and business, and I still do, as it is an ongoing process. If we do not upgrade our profiles and gigs, they will stagnate.

I am a lady, not a sir. 😉

I'm sorry 🙇🙇

• Like 18