How to be successful on Fiverr, common questions answered and a collection of great posts that helped me achieve TRS.

frank_d
This post was recognized by frank_d!

"Everyone should read this post!"

williambryan392 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

The Fiverr forum has been key to me finding success as a Fiverr Seller.

Disclaimer: These are just my opinions and posts by other sellers as at May 2022 that helped me.

Get ready, it's a long post, but answers a lot of questions that I see being asked again, and again, and again.

If you can’t be bothered to read this post or others posts on the forum then fine, but don’t complain that you’re not successful, can’t get impressions or can’t get orders. 

You have to do the hard work!!

Credit to the authors and the forum regulars that keep this place in good shape. There are too many to mention, but special shout outs to @frank_d @lloydsolutions @imagination7413 for regularly sharing info and links. I think you should be paid by Fiverr given all the value you add! 😂

Who am I?

For those interested my professional background is finance and technology (on the commercial side, not the development side).

I mainly offer business/startup consultancy on Fiverr.

• I joined Fiverr as a Buyer in May 2020
  • I set up my first gig in October 2020
  • I took a semi-break from January 2021 to June 2021 (I had a full time job)
  • I went full time freenlancing / Fiverr in July 2021
  • I made TRS in May 2022
  • I’m registered as a Fiverr Business Buyer
  • I’m a Fiverr Select Buyer (formerly known as VID)

One thing I have learned from meeting hundreds of entrepreneurs is that you don’t need to be the best at what you do to be successful.

YOU JUST HAVE TO WORK HARD.

If you improve yourself 1% a day or a week, then in a couple of months you will start seeing a massive difference.

You need to treat selling on Fiverr as a business. 

This means market research and offering value that Buyers need.

Reading this post and the posts I have linked here is research.

It will take you hours to go through everything, but if you can’t be bothered to spend hours on being successful, then maybe you don’t deserve the success. 🤷‍♂️

It doesn't cover EVERYTHING about Fiverr, but it covers a lot.

I’ve tried to keep it clean and clear as I know people don’t like reading, hence the bullet points.

Firstly, if you do not know the Terms of Service, do not look at the Help Center or do not read the tips the forum gives you you are setting yourself up to FAIL. Read them.

There are soooo many tips in the Help center.

https://www.Fiverr.com/terms_of_service

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/Seller

These are the topics / questions I will cover:

1. What are common Fiverr myths and bad advice that should be ignored?
  2. What is forum etiquette and how should I behave here to get the most out of it?
  3. How do I optimize my gigs, increase my impressions and orders?
  4. How do I talk to customers and be professional to make sales?
  5. How can I be successful with Buyer Requests?
  6. How do I spot a scam?
  7. What is the difference between Public and Private Ratings?
  8. What is Seller Plus and how do I join?
  9. What are the Seller levels and when will I get TRS?
  10. What are Buyer levels and what do they mean?
  11. What are promoted gigs and why can’t I use them?
  12. How do I deal with a cancellation after I completed the gig successfully?
  13. How do I say no to difficult customers?
  14. My gig was deleted by Fiverr, others weren’t, this is unfair!!
  15. Should I do free work?
  16. Read the ToS!!! Read the Forum!!! Read the Help Center!!!

Hope you're ready, here we go….

The following statements are NOT true:

• Staying online 24/7 helps your rank/visibility
  • Being active on the forum helps your rank/visibility
  • Posting on social media helps your rank/visibility
  • Revisions requests hurt your rank/visibility
  • Editing your gig hurts your rank/visibility

Again: These statements are NOT true. Do not believe them.
These myths were confirmed by Fiverr as not being true.

More info here:

2. What is forum etiquette and how should I behave here to get the most out of it?

• Search the forum: 99.99% of questions have already been asked.
  • Don’t just ask simple questions like ‘how do I get orders?’ Your question has already been asked. Search the forum!!
  • You can only post your gig link in ‘My Fiverr gigs’ & ‘Improve my gig’ categories.
  • Don’t call people bro/sister/lady/dear unless you are already familiar with / know that person. This is a professional space. Just use their username.
  • Do not name and shame other users. If you want to share a screenshot then remove their username.
  • It’s probably best to avoid religion, politics and s3x. Treat it like the workplace.
  • Be kind and treat others how you want to be treated.
  • You're not always going to agree with others here and that's OK. Being offensive is not.

• Read the forum, research the competition and understand your target customer.
  • Look at successful Sellers in your category selling what you (want to) sell.
  • Think like a Buyer - what does a Buyer want! 
  • Read these posts (and the help center!), they say it better than I ever could:

• This is all about asking questions, being respectful and not pushy.
  • The best way to sell is actually not to sell. I know that’s confusing.
  • Ask questions, understand your Buyer needs and you won’t need to push a sale, they will want to buy. Follow the tips / steps in the link below.
  • Don’t use ‘bro’, ‘brother’, ‘sister’ or ‘dear’. Your target market is typically western, and this looks unprofessional.
  • Don't use 'Sir' or 'Madam' unless you're certain of their gender. Even then, I'd suggest using their username or the name they sign their message with.
  • Don’t use ALL CAPITALS. This looks like you're shouting.
  • Don’t use multiple ‘????’ or ‘!!!!!’. This looks like you’re being demanding. The '????' is rude. Just use '?' or '!'.
  • The first link below is how to be better at selling.
  • The second link below is Grammarly, they have a free version / chrome plugin that will help improve your English if you need some help.
  • Communication is key to being successful.

https://salesinsightslab.com/how-to-master-art-of-selling-anything/

https://www.grammarly.com/

• Buyer Requests are usually Buyers with very low budgets.
  • Most established Sellers ignore this section.
  • It is possible to get orders (I got a couple myself when I started) but the success rate is very, very low.
  • Make your reply targeted (not generic) to their problem / request.
  • Use high quality, well written English. Grammarly can help, see above.
  • Do NOT find the Buyer and message them directly. This is spam and is unprofessional.
  • You don’t need Buyer requests to be successful on Fiverr.
  • If you are selling something Buyers want then Buyers will come to you.
  • More info here:

6. How do I spot a scam?

• Asking to communicate away from Fiverr. There is no need for this.
  • Asking you to pay for work. Never pay for work!
  • If it seems suspicious it probably is.
  • Trust your instinct / spider sense!
  • More info here:

• After accepting an order the Buyer is asked to rate and review the Seller.
  • The Seller is also able to rate and review the Buyer.
  • The Buyer has 10 days to do this.
  • Buyers are asked for a private review that only Fiverr will see.
  • Buyers are asked for a public review that everyone will see.
  • Sellers can respond to the public review.
  • Even if a Seller doesn't leave a review of the Buyerm the Buyer review will still appear on the seller profile.
  • Private ratings (which feed your private Buyer satisfaction score) are much more important because Fiverr knows that Buyers leave 5* ratings when they aren’t truly happy. They impact your positioning on fiverr and visibility to sellers, access to promoted gigs, TRS eligibility and more.
  • You cannot ask a Buyer to change their review. This will get you a warning.
  • You cannot ask a Buyer to review you positively. This will get you a warning.
  • You can ask a Buyer to leave a review, but again, you CANNOT ask for a positive review.
  • There is no need to remind the Buyer to review though, Fiverr reminds them a lot.
  • Spoiler: A bad private review is likely why your impressions/ranking can drop even when you are getting 5* public reviews.
  • More info here:

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/articles/360010544097-Feedback-and-ratings

• Seller Plus is invitation only. You can be added/invited to the waiting list.
  • Seller Plus does not give you more impressions / orders.
  • It does give you a Customer Success Manager, enhanced analytics, Buyer insights, coupons, early payouts, access to events that can help build your Fiverr knowledge and a few other things. BUT literally all of this knowledge is already available if you’re willing to look for it. So, search the forum!!!!
  • More info here:

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/articles/360017140717-Seller-Plusoverview?segment=Seller

• Seller levels are explained at the link below.
  • TRS is NOT guaranteed. Level 2 Sellers that have met the requirements are handpicked by Fiverr’s editorial team.
  • You can lose your TRS Seller level if your performance / Buyer satisfaction score drops.
  • Even if your reviews are perfect, maybe your private reviews aren’t, maybe your profile/gigs aren’t looking premium enough, maybe there are already enough TRS in your category.
  • Some Sellers wait years to get promoted, and some never get it.
  • You can be hugely successful without being TRS. I know of a seller that did over $300K last year and they are Level 2.
  • More info here:

https://www.Fiverr.com/levels

• Fiverr Business is a service that Fiverr offers to help business Buyers. It is currently free but will become a paid service in the future.
  • Fiverr handpicks Sellers to appear on the Fiverr Business marketplace.
  • Fiverr Select are Buyers that have made a certain amount of purchase / spent a certain amount.
  • Treat all these Buyers the same way - with respect and courtesy.
  • More info here:

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/articles/360011920618-Fiverr-Select-Buyer-loyalty-program

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/articles/360010396097-Fiverr-Business-overview?segment=business

• Promoted gigs are a way to appear higher in search results.
  • Is it worth it? Depends what price you sell at and how much the CPC is. This is your business and I think you should test new things.
  • There are certain public requirements that you need to hit to get the option to promote.
  • There are certain private requirements that you need to hit to get the option to promote.
  • Remember the private reviews? This can be why you can no longer promote a gig even if you’re only getting 5* public reviews.
  • More info here:

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/articles/4405489899153-How-Promoted-Gigs-works-Ad-ranking-explained?segment=Seller

• So, you got a 5* review and the Buyer was happy.
  • Then suddenly the gig is canceled and you have had the money that you earned taken from you.
  • Fortunately there is a protection scheme in place.
  • Read the link below and contact CS to (hopefully) resolve this.
  • More info here:

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/articles/360010978618-Chargebacks-and-Seller-protection

13. How do I say 'no' to difficult customers or customers with inappropriate budgets?

• Most Buyers are great.
  • Occasionally you can get one with unrealistic expectations, budget or someone that is just plain rude.
  • It is always best to be respectful and polite, otherwise you may get reported and earn a warning.
  • If they are offensive or inappropriate then block and report them.
  • More info here:

• No, it (probably) wasn't unfair.
  • Fiverr can’t keep up with all of the gigs that violate the Terms of Service.
  • Some Sellers have had thousands of positive reviews, and then the gig gets deleted.
  • You just got caught. That’s all. It’s not unfair. That’s life. Get over it.
  • Others just haven't been caught yet.
  • Next time, read the ToS, check your gig is allowed and contract CS if you are not sure.
  • If you really think this is unfair /  a mistake then contact CS.

• No.
  • No, No, No.
  • You will make yourself a target for Buyers that want to take advantage of you.
  • If someone says they want to 'test you' send them a link to your Fiverr portfolio.
  • Remember the phrase 'free has no value'.

• Seriously, if you don’t then you are just being lazy. (The truth hurts).
  • 99.9% of lazy people aren’t successful in life. (The truth hurts).
  • They are also likely to be the ones that complain that life is unfair. (The truth hurts).

If you read all of this then you deserve a medal. 🏅

If you now think about it, take action and implement what all the great posts linked here suggest then then you deserve a medal AND to be successful! 🚀

As mentioned above this post doesn't cover everything, but does cover a lot of common issues / questions.

Now it's on you to make the changes you need to be successful. GO DO IT!!!

• Like 692
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 9
  • Up 40
  • Thanks 143

3 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

The Fiverr forum has been key to me finding success as a Fiverr Seller.

Disclaimer: These are just my opinions and posts by other sellers as at May 2022 that helped me.

Get ready, it's a long post, but answers a lot of questions that I see being asked again, and again, and again.

If you can’t be bothered to read this post or others posts on the forum then fine, but don’t complain that you’re not successful, can’t get impressions or can’t get orders. 

You have to do the hard work!!

Credit to the authors and the forum regulars that keep this place in good shape. There are too many to mention, but special shout outs to @frank_d @lloydsolutions @imagination7413 for regularly sharing info and links. I think you should be paid by Fiverr given all the value you add! 😂

Who am I?

For those interested my professional background is finance and technology (on the commercial side, not the development side).

I mainly offer business/startup consultancy on Fiverr.

• I joined Fiverr as a Buyer in May 2020
  • I set up my first gig in October 2020
  • I took a semi-break from January 2021 to June 2021 (I had a full time job)
  • I went full time freenlancing / Fiverr in July 2021
  • I made TRS in May 2022
  • I’m registered as a Fiverr Business Buyer
  • I’m a Fiverr Select Buyer (formerly known as VID)

One thing I have learned from meeting hundreds of entrepreneurs is that you don’t need to be the best at what you do to be successful.

YOU JUST HAVE TO WORK HARD.

If you improve yourself 1% a day or a week, then in a couple of months you will start seeing a massive difference.

You need to treat selling on Fiverr as a business. 

This means market research and offering value that Buyers need.

Reading this post and the posts I have linked here is research.

It will take you hours to go through everything, but if you can’t be bothered to spend hours on being successful, then maybe you don’t deserve the success. 🤷‍♂️

It doesn't cover EVERYTHING about Fiverr, but it covers a lot.

I’ve tried to keep it clean and clear as I know people don’t like reading, hence the bullet points.

Firstly, if you do not know the Terms of Service, do not look at the Help Center or do not read the tips the forum gives you you are setting yourself up to FAIL. Read them.

There are soooo many tips in the Help center.

These are the topics / questions I will cover:

6. How do I spot a scam?
  13. How do I say no to difficult customers?

Hope you're ready, here we go….

The following statements are NOT true:

• Staying online 24/7 helps your rank/visibility
  • Being active on the forum helps your rank/visibility
  • Posting on social media helps your rank/visibility
  • Revisions requests hurt your rank/visibility

Again: These statements are NOT true. Do not believe them.
These myths were confirmed by Fiverr as not being true.

More info here:

• Search the forum: 99.99% of questions have already been asked.
  • Don’t just ask simple questions like ‘how do I get orders?’ Your question has already been asked. Search the forum!!
  • You can only post your gig link in ‘My Fiverr gigs’ & ‘Improve my gig’ categories.
  • Don’t call people bro/sister/lady/dear unless you are already familiar with / know that person. This is a professional space. Just use their username.
  • Do not name and shame other users. If you want to share a screenshot then remove their username.
  • It’s probably best to avoid religion, politics and s3x. Treat it like the workplace.
  • Be kind and treat others how you want to be treated.
  • You're not always going to agree with others here and that's OK. Being offensive is not.

• Read the forum, research the competition and understand your target customer.
  • Look at successful Sellers in your category selling what you (want to) sell.
  • Think like a Buyer - what does a Buyer want! 
  • Read these posts (and the help center!), they say it better than I ever could:

• This is all about asking questions, being respectful and not pushy.
  • The best way to sell is actually not to sell. I know that’s confusing.
  • Ask questions, understand your Buyer needs and you won’t need to push a sale, they will want to buy. Follow the tips / steps in the link below.
  • Don’t use ‘bro’, ‘brother’, ‘sister’ or ‘dear’. Your target market is typically western, and this looks unprofessional.
  • Don't use 'Sir' or 'Madam' unless you're certain of their gender. Even then, I'd suggest using their username or the name they sign their message with.
  • Don’t use ALL CAPITALS. This looks like you're shouting.
  • Don’t use multiple ‘????’ or ‘!!!!!’. This looks like you’re being demanding. The '????' is rude. Just use '?' or '!'.
  • The first link below is how to be better at selling.
  • The second link below is Grammarly, they have a free version / chrome plugin that will help improve your English if you need some help.
  • Communication is key to being successful.

https://salesinsightslab.com/how-to-master-art-of-selling-anything/

https://www.grammarly.com/

• Buyer Requests are usually Buyers with very low budgets.
  • Most established Sellers ignore this section.
  • It is possible to get orders (I got a couple myself when I started) but the success rate is very, very low.
  • Make your reply targeted (not generic) to their problem / request.
  • Use high quality, well written English. Grammarly can help, see above.
  • Do NOT find the Buyer and message them directly. This is spam and is unprofessional.
  • You don’t need Buyer requests to be successful on Fiverr.
  • If you are selling something Buyers want then Buyers will come to you.
  • More info here:

6. How do I spot a scam?

• Asking to communicate away from Fiverr. There is no need for this.
  • Asking you to pay for work. Never pay for work!
  • If it seems suspicious it probably is.
  • Trust your instinct / spider sense!
  • More info here:

• After accepting an order the Buyer is asked to rate and review the Seller.
  • The Seller is also able to rate and review the Buyer.
  • The Buyer has 10 days to do this.
  • Buyers are asked for a private review that only Fiverr will see.
  • Buyers are asked for a public review that everyone will see.
  • Sellers can respond to the public review.
  • Even if a Seller doesn't leave a review of the Buyerm the Buyer review will still appear on the seller profile.
  • Private ratings (which feed your private Buyer satisfaction score) are much more important because Fiverr knows that Buyers leave 5* ratings when they aren’t truly happy. They impact your positioning on fiverr and visibility to sellers, access to promoted gigs, TRS eligibility and more.
  • You cannot ask a Buyer to change their review. This will get you a warning.
  • You cannot ask a Buyer to review you positively. This will get you a warning.
  • You can ask a Buyer to leave a review, but again, you CANNOT ask for a positive review.
  • There is no need to remind the Buyer to review though, Fiverr reminds them a lot.
  • Spoiler: A bad private review is likely why your impressions/ranking can drop even when you are getting 5* public reviews.
  • More info here:

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/articles/360010544097-Feedback-and-ratings

• Seller Plus is invitation only. You can be added/invited to the waiting list.
  • Seller Plus does not give you more impressions / orders.
  • It does give you a Customer Success Manager, enhanced analytics, Buyer insights, coupons, early payouts, access to events that can help build your Fiverr knowledge and a few other things. BUT literally all of this knowledge is already available if you’re willing to look for it. So, search the forum!!!!
  • More info here:

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/articles/360017140717-Seller-Plusoverview?segment=Seller

• Seller levels are explained at the link below.
  • TRS is NOT guaranteed. Level 2 Sellers that have met the requirements are handpicked by Fiverr’s editorial team.
  • You can lose your TRS Seller level if your performance / Buyer satisfaction score drops.
  • Even if your reviews are perfect, maybe your private reviews aren’t, maybe your profile/gigs aren’t looking premium enough, maybe there are already enough TRS in your category.
  • Some Sellers wait years to get promoted, and some never get it.
  • You can be hugely successful without being TRS. I know of a seller that did over $300K last year and they are Level 2.
  • More info here:

https://www.Fiverr.com/levels

• Fiverr Business is a service that Fiverr offers to help business Buyers. It is currently free but will become a paid service in the future.
  • Fiverr handpicks Sellers to appear on the Fiverr Business marketplace.
  • Fiverr Select are Buyers that have made a certain amount of purchase / spent a certain amount.
  • Treat all these Buyers the same way - with respect and courtesy.
  • More info here:

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/articles/360011920618-Fiverr-Select-Buyer-loyalty-program

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/articles/360010396097-Fiverr-Business-overview?segment=business

• Promoted gigs are a way to appear higher in search results.
  • Is it worth it? Depends what price you sell at and how much the CPC is. This is your business and I think you should test new things.
  • There are certain public requirements that you need to hit to get the option to promote.
  • There are certain private requirements that you need to hit to get the option to promote.
  • Remember the private reviews? This can be why you can no longer promote a gig even if you’re only getting 5* public reviews.
  • More info here:

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/articles/4405489899153-How-Promoted-Gigs-works-Ad-ranking-explained?segment=Seller

• So, you got a 5* review and the Buyer was happy.
  • Then suddenly the gig is canceled and you have had the money that you earned taken from you.
  • Fortunately there is a protection scheme in place.
  • Read the link below and contact CS to (hopefully) resolve this.
  • More info here:

https://www.Fiverr.com/support/articles/360010978618-Chargebacks-and-Seller-protection

13. How do I say 'no' to difficult customers or customers with inappropriate budgets?

• Most Buyers are great.
  • Occasionally you can get one with unrealistic expectations, budget or someone that is just plain rude.
  • It is always best to be respectful and polite, otherwise you may get reported and earn a warning.
  • If they are offensive or inappropriate then block and report them.
  • More info here:

• No, it (probably) wasn't unfair.
  • Fiverr can’t keep up with all of the gigs that violate the Terms of Service.
  • Some Sellers have had thousands of positive reviews, and then the gig gets deleted.
  • You just got caught. That’s all. It’s not unfair. That’s life. Get over it.
  • Others just haven't been caught yet.
  • Next time, read the ToS, check your gig is allowed and contract CS if you are not sure.
  • If you really think this is unfair /  a mistake then contact CS.

• No.
  • No, No, No.
  • You will make yourself a target for Buyers that want to take advantage of you.
  • If someone says they want to 'test you' send them a link to your Fiverr portfolio.
  • Remember the phrase 'free has no value'.

• Seriously, if you don’t then you are just being lazy. (The truth hurts).
  • 99.9% of lazy people aren’t successful in life. (The truth hurts).
  • They are also likely to be the ones that complain that life is unfair. (The truth hurts).

If you read all of this then you deserve a medal. 🏅

If you now think about it, take action and implement what all the great posts linked here suggest then then you deserve a medal AND to be successful! 🚀

As mentioned above this post doesn't cover everything, but does cover a lot of common issues / questions.

Great advice! Thanks for including a couple of my topics as well – I take that as a compliment. 

Whenever I see a good guide like this, I try to find something that I disagree with, in order to spurr interesting conversations about it. In this case, I agree on all points. 

Awesome work collecting all of these tips from multiple sources in one place. 

• Like 421
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 15
  • Thanks 30

8 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

Again: These statements are NOT true

Though don't some gig edits temporarily remove your gig from the search engine? Which might cause less impressions and less visibility for a while (ie. the gig can't be found in the search engine during the time it's been temporarily removed from the search index while it waits to be approved by Fiverr), which is the reason for not editing a gig too often (eg. every day).

• Like 331
  • Up 10
  • Thanks 19

19 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Though don't some gig edits temporarily remove your gig from the search engine? Which might cause less impressions and less visibility for a while (ie. the gig can't be found in the search engine during the time it's been temporarily removed from the search index while it waits to be approved by Fiverr), which is the reason for not editing a gig too often (eg. every day).

Out of everything I wrote this was one of the things I was iffy on but it was confirmed on the fiverr rumours webinar as a myth. But I do agree editing your gig repeatedly (daily for e.g.) will likely cause issues and potentially remove it. I’ve been editing a lot over the last 2 months, each gig every week or 2, tweaks to pricing, description, FAQs, requirements etc and my impressions are up 50% from where they were at end March.

I also think search / ranking etc has changed from what it used to be. Instead of returning just lists of sellers to buyers, I think the lists are now more curated (think). Changing gigs definitely did used to hurt but I think this has also changed and is perhaps connected. Pretty sure this was what @frank_d was getting at in part in his fiverr 3.1 post.

• Like 349
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 6
  • Up 11
  • Thanks 17

5 hours ago, smashradio said:

Great advice! Thanks for including a couple of my topics as well – I take that as a compliment. 

My pleasure, but thank you for putting the good content out there in the first place! Thanks to everyone in fact, and apologies to the other great posts I missed including. Not intentional!

• Like 300
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 17

This is a great one-stop post for all levels of Fiverr sellers. Great job @williambryan392

Re: editing gigs

While they did say that editing gigs and OOO won’t affect ranking, there was an asterisk about the whole “within reason” thing.

So editing your gig most definitely takes it “offline” momentarily. So doing it back to back will affect your ranking.

Also, what they didn’t mention at all was that you could very well screw yourself out of your current position if your edits are bad. I can take my 30k impressions gig right now and make all sorts of edits on it, but if my editing is nonsense then my position will deteriorate.

• Like 310
  • Sad 1
  • Up 12
  • Thanks 18

36 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I agree that editing your gig just for the sake of editing it, and doing it too often, can lead to some issues in search. The algorithm will try to "re-learn" your gig after an edit, and it might drop out for a while. That's why I edit my gigs on weekends and preferably in the evenings. 

Making edits when they make sense does not hurt your gig visibility, but a temporary drop can still be expected, I think. Especially if you're updating a lot (gig video, thumbnails and so on) as I think those edits have a higher chance of needing approval, for obvious reasons. 

• Like 296
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 14

frank_d
This post was recognized by frank_d!

"Amazing resources"

imagination7413 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

I agree with @smashradio, great collection. (But there can ALWAYS be more links! So here are a 'few' more for each of your points!)

11 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/184882-great-marketing-resources/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/253722-community-standards-forum-rules-2021
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/261334-spam-trust-levels-and-topic-clean-up/
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/84457-what-makes-a-good-topic-for-conversations/
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/91366-forum-rules-dos-and-donts/

Gigs:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/84986-improve-my-gig-checklist/

Gigs, the UPYOUR series by @eoinfinnegan:

https://community.fiverr.com/search/?q=upyour&author=eoinfinnegan&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles

Impressions: (note: not topics on how to improve, but on an alternative view to consider)

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/73962-impressions-arent-all-that-important-heres-why/
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/74184-if-your-impressions-are-dropping-please-read-this-archived/

Orders:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/216701-how-to-get-any-orders-at-all-and-get-more-once-you-have-a-few/
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/211706-are-you-a-new-seller-this-is-how-you-get-more-orders/
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/234149-new-sellers-the-true-way-to-success/
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/159744-before-you-ask-about-how-to-get-orders-or-no-orders-read-this-more-orders-tips-buyers-first-order-impressions-sales/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/138505-how-to-improve-your-communication-with-buyers-and-sell-more
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/243848-terms-to-not-use-on-the-forum-or-with-clients/
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/250476-dear-madam-please-dont-call-me-sir-my-dear/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/281343-responding-to-buyer-requests/

(The following link isn't on 'how to', it's a response to FAQs concerning BRs.)

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/159742-buyer-requests-leadership-suggestions-on-buyer-request-complaints-few-requests-br-faqs-times-issues-etc

6. How do I spot a scam?

Be proactive. 

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/220973-top-5-tips-to-protect-yourself-from-badly-behaved-buyers/
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/202647-guide-how-to-avoid-bad-buyers-and-how-to-deal-with-them-if-you-cant

Private ratings are new enough, I don't have any additional links to contribute!

Another discussion on the topic (chronological-view):

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/262261-fiverr-seller-plus-worth-it/?sortby=date

Just because one meets the technical qualifications for consideration, does not mean one has earned TRS, nor meets Fiverr's unknown hidden metrics. Those are a secret for a REASON.

As for levels, another thread with an alternative viewpoint:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/217955-your-level-doesnt-matter

And a thread on what some sellers might encounter upon 'leveling up':

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/148025-level-1-hell-pass-the-test-new-sellers/

Nah, nothing to contribute to this one.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/240510-sponsored-gigs-progress-report/

This one reflects back on recognizing red flags (scams), BUT also should address the Seller Rights when threatened with cancellations before the order is complete, but after the work is delivered. Fiverr states "Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page." in the Payments Terms and Conditions (which ARE a part of the ToS). HOWEVER, the next line after that one is "You may rate your experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received."

So:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/212415-cancel-order-or-i-will-give-you-a-bad-review/

(This link could have gone under the next section, but fit better here.)

Yup, those links are the ones I usually share! I'll only add:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AW9ENJIt1o

(In the video ^ one thing not mentioned is that your TIME is a part of your 'property' too. Just like physical properties, people will trespass on your time, too.)

Echo: NO.

Fiverr itself says "Fiverr’s services start at $5.00. While it can be tempting to offer promotions or discounts to start your orders rolling in, offering your work for free is not a recommended approach to connect with or entice potential buyers. Set your potential buyers' expectations and set the precedent that your work can’t be obtained for free. It’s essential to know your worth as a seller and not to compromise it to attempt to attract buyers." Source: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010949038-4-Things-to-Do-Before-Creating-Your-Gig?segment=seller

Note: The Payment Terms and Conditions and the Community Standards are ALSO INCLUDED in the Fiverr Terms of Service contract that you've already agreed to.

---

((Sincerely, 'Listerina' 😉))

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 254
  • Confused 3
  • Up 24
  • Thanks 24

On 5/29/2022 at 3:07 PM, imagination7413 said:

(But there can ALWAYS be more links! So here are a 'few' more for each of your points!)

Thank you Listerina!! 🙂 😂

On 5/29/2022 at 4:04 PM, smashradio said:

Now I'm really on cloud nine!

That'll be the flight sim 😉 

Now if we could only get more people to actually make the effort to read I'd be so happy! 

• Like 239
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 12

@williambryan392 .& @imagination7413, Amazing content, thanks to the both of you for your posts!

I was the first one to react to your post @williambryan392, but it literally popped up right after my 5th post of the day! ...And thanks for mentioning a newbie. 😊

Luckily there was so much content to go through that it's kept me busy. And with Listerina chiming in, things couldn't have gotten better!

This post has definitely been bookmarked in my browser so that I can refer to it often and and share often. 🥰

• Like 244
  • Confused 3
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 20

• frank_d pinned and featured this topic

It takes me more than hour. But your post was very informative and helpful. I already applied a few things in my profile. 🙂 I will study more on it and try to make a good profile and improve my skills and, try to be more organized. 

Many many thanks... 

Stay safe and healthy. 

• Like 230
  • Up 14
  • Thanks 6

I don't really understand how to thank you. As a new seller on Fiverr, I get a lot of clear cut instructions and guideline from this post. Again thanks a lot. Keep posting like this as we, the new seller can get help from your post.

• Like 226
  • Congrats! 5
  • Thanks 8

Thanks for sharing it @williambryan392 this is very helpful!

I'd like to ask you for some general feedback, please.

I see you are using your own name on Fiverr. I see other top-rated sellers are using their company's name.

I work with a team of other freelancers. To grow my brand etc do you think I should just close my current profile (with my name) and just open a new seller's profile with my Company Name? Is it important to show that my company has a team of freelancers and experts instead of just showing me as a 1 team member on Fiverr?

I feel like most of the successful sellers here have a company brand profile and are getting many orders compared to a 1 man show business profile. If you have any advice it would be very appreciated! Thank you so much!

• Like 231
  • Sad 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, lortui said:

Thanks for sharing it @williambryan392 this is very helpful!

I'd like to ask you for some general feedback, please.

I see you are using your own name on Fiverr. I see other top-rated sellers are using their company's name.

I work with a team of other freelancers. To grow my brand etc do you think I should just close my current profile (with my name) and just open a new seller's profile with my Company Name? Is it important to show that my company has a team of freelancers and experts instead of just showing me as a 1 team member on Fiverr?

I feel like most of the successful sellers here have a company brand profile and are getting many orders compared to a 1 man show business profile. If you have any advice it would be very appreciated! Thank you so much!

Good question, and there's no clear answer, but here are my thoughts....

You can be successful here whatever your username is.

The quality of your work, gigs, feedback etc is what matters.

I came to fiverr as a buyer and then started selling months later, so that's why I don't have a cool business name.

Plenty of TRS use their own name.

I think 'people buy/trust people'. It's why Fiverr insists on a real/human photo for your Business Marketplace profile image. So maybe a name is better. But I don't think it actually makes much difference.

• Like 238
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 9

5 hours ago, lortui said:

3 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

I came to fiverr as a buyer and then started selling months later, so that's why I don't have a cool business name.

I think 'people buy/trust people'. It's why Fiverr insists on a real/human photo for your Business Marketplace profile image. So maybe a name is better. But I don't think it actually makes much difference.

HI @lortui! Just to add on to what @williambryan392 said:

1. I think you have a good name and a good profile. I don't know why you would want to close your profile and start from scratch again. Many sellers start as a one-man show and expand their team when they scale up.

2. When you do scale up, it is important to mention that you are operating as a team (not just yourself). Buyers like to have transparency. But you can do this in the gig description, you don't have to change your name. I also want to scale up as a team, and will do it under my current username (which is my personal name).

3. I agree with @williambryan392, there's no reason why you can't be successful with your current username. I actually like the name that you have. It's short, unique, and easy to remember.

• Like 226
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 11

On 6/12/2022 at 10:36 PM, williambryan392 said:

Thank you!

I agree, most of my previous buyers told me they placed an order because of my 5 star reviews...

I've been thinking about that because I also have my company with the brand name etc and working with a team of professional freelancers so I'd like to appear as a company on fiverr

Btw I can see that once you become a top seller you can add your Studio section in your profile? So you can actually show your Company and portfolio?

On 6/13/2022 at 2:18 AM, vickieito said:

HI @lortui! Just to add on to what @williambryan392 said:

1. I think you have a good name and a good profile. I don't know why you would want to close your profile and start from scratch again. Many sellers start as a one-man show and expand their team when they scale up.

2. When you do scale up, it is important to mention that you are operating as a team (not just yourself). Buyers like to have transparency. But you can do this in the gig description, you don't have to change your name. I also want to scale up as a team, and will do it under my current username (which is my personal name).

3. I agree with @williambryan392, there's no reason why you can't be successful with your current username. I actually like the name that you have. It's short, unique, and easy to remember.

Thanks!!

Yea agree, it took me a long time and a lot of work to get those 5 star reviews lol

starting again from scratch with my company name it would be too much work to get the reviews again

I've read a guide from a top seller on Fiverr and he said that once he started he had his first name here, then he realized he made a mistake and so he closed the account and opened a new one with his company name.. he still became successful and a top seller

• Like 211
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 11
  • Thanks 8

7 hours ago, lortui said:

Btw I can see that once you become a top seller you can add your Studio section in your profile? So you can actually show your Company and portfolio?

I'm not sure the two are linked. Studios are invitation only / in beta I believe. Check out the help centre.

• Like 202
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 14

Wow, thank you for this post. There is a lot of information here. I am literally going to bookmark it and each day try to master one of the points (starting with familiarizing myself with the TOS which I definitely skipped when setting up my seller account). I really like the encouragement you bring to the table about working hard will pay off. I came on to fiverr as a buyer years ago and just now have transitioned to seller. I'm determined to make this work as my family is counting on it. Time will tell as you said and I do believe as I put in more time to become familiar with selling on Fiverr, I will only be able to grow. 

Thanks again! This is bookmarked for my daily read 🙂 

• Like 198
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 10

All tips are amazing, but he best part I learnt as a new seller is that instead of creating a new thread for my query, I should first search the forum as chances are it's already answered in some other thread.

Few topics I am yet to experience, but giving time to this thread is indeed a learning experience. Thank you very much.

• Like 197
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 8

Hi, medalist here 🏅 (it was a long read, but it was totally worht it!)

Thanks for sharing this information and the links as well, even though I've been selling for over 5 years here there were a couple of thing I haven't been considering, but I think it will help a lot to implement as much as possible to my business asap!

I've been checking the buyer requests lately and while only a couple have turned into an order I think it's important to check and write every now and then, you may ignore some with low budgets and you may be ignored by some buyers but still, every now and then it works out for everyone!

Since I haven't bought that much on the website (only sell mostly) I didn't know much about the private ratings but you're right, sometimes clients may give you 5 stars but then put some actual complains you'll never know about, so it's best to always give the best customer service possible.

Fianlly, I've been obsessed with being TRS for a long time, but I've come to accept that it may not happen but also I might not need it, with or without it, it's more about improving all the time!

Thanks again for all the tips and sorry for the long reply

Aldo

• Like 200
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 7

On 5/29/2022 at 4:05 AM, williambryan392 said:

Hi William, thank you so much for posting this. I have had two jobs and doing this part time. It has been very rough, but a couple months ago I reached Level 2 as a seller. I am going to let one of my jobs go and concentrate more on this. Hopefully, I can say good bye to my other full time job and get this seller level up to another level or at least get more sales. 

• Like 199
  • Congrats! 9
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 5