Forum is so dead lately...

newsmike

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm new in the forum and rather than dead I think it just became monotonous. Most of the people here is just looking for the freelancer's "magic formula" to start seeing money right away. I'm not against that (although I don't believe in formulas and tricks, just in discipline and commitment) but I hope this could be a space where we can connect as a community and have the opportunity to know each other, people from around the world and their customs.

44 minutes ago, nelsnj said:

I'm new in the forum and rather than dead I think it just became monotonous. Most of the people here is just looking for the freelancer's "magic formula" to start seeing money right away. I'm not against that (although I don't believe in formulas and tricks, just in discipline and commitment) but I hope this could be a space where we can connect as a community and have the opportunity to know each other, people from around the world and their customs.

Well said.  

It's dead because everyone trying to be "active" (I still have no idea what they mean about being active) and they simply staying online for 36 hours per day, that's why they can't open forum - no time for forum 😄

But in fact, as @nelsnjsaid - every other topic is about the same thing! How to get orders? How can I get orders? I am new - help me to get orders. People simply doesn't want to read this forum and find the answers to the same questions.

And when someone starts some new and really interesting topic, some more "Give me orders" topics appears and something important and interesting is lost among all that stuff

I do drop by the forum, but I just don't see much going on because as mentioned above, it's all the same topics over and over again.
I want to post something fun/silly/entertaining but I can't come up with anything at the moment.

Well Valentines Day is coming soon, maybe I can do the "what's your favorite candy/chocolate?" post again...

On a completely random note, my cat farted twice while sitting on my lap as I was typing this. Not making this up.
How can such a lethal smell be produced by such a cute and fluffy creature??

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

No, they are busy clicking like button on absolutely every content on the forum. I’m waking up every day to 50 notifications of random likes from the same people 

Recently I got a message from a new seller who was trying to prove me that if you will be active on Fiverr forum, Fiverr will give you more orders. I guess that someone told this nonsense on youtube or somewhere else and now people do this - spam, likes, spam again

Guest kataedits

Thanks for the video!

I'm also new on Fiverr, and I was surprised how under almost every single topic people were looking for advice. Finding something like good music and farting cats just made my day! It would be great to connect with fellow freelancers, but the days aren't long enough to scroll through those... posts.

Btw, imagine a farting guinea pig. Tiny, silent, stinky missiles, I can tell you!

I cut my finger pretty deep recently and didn't go to the ER. It was embarrassing to go in with something that trivial. A week later a surgeon told me it needed stitches right away and now he could only completely immobolize my finger so it could heal.

This is how I found out that despite my teachers' and physical therapists' best efforts, I still grew up to be left-handed. I write with the right hand but that's basically it.

So now I can't do anything. Scrolling down is a struggle, likings comments requires aim. Pointing and laughing at "gig ranking" posts just hurts.

9 hours ago, newsmike said:

I have other friends who also blame "the cat"  

Well I have a confession to make, one time I actually farted in my friend's kitchen (there was no sound BTW )and my friend's dog WiFi just happened to be at my feet... and then my friend came into the kitchen, so I immediately said "Oh sheesh, WiFi!!" and my friend believed me because WiFi does fart quite often. 
I'm sorry WiFi. 

6 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

I cut my finger pretty deep

OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH, please take care!!
Were you cooking?

12 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

Well I have a confession to make, one time I actually farted in my friend's kitchen (there was no sound BTW )and my friend's dog WiFi just happened to be at my feet... and then my friend came into the kitchen, so I immediately said "Oh sheesh, WiFi!!" and my friend believed me because WiFi does fart quite often. 
I'm sorry WiFi. 

OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH, please take care!!
Were you cooking?

124-1245282_sad-dog-png-clipart-royalty-free-stock-sad ...

FWIW, after starting on my 5r journey last August and visiting the forum regularly, I, like so many before me, simply got worn down. The volume of constant requests for "why I have no orders - please help me" posts etc & other general assorted spam etc, just got a bit overwhelming. I'm all for helping people and contributing, but to be honest, life's too short to wade through all that c**p! I follow a few members who I know contribute sensible stuff, but until the forum stops being overun by  idiots, I won't be a regular visitor anytime soon. Sorry. :classic_rolleyes: 

20 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

No, they are busy clicking like button on absolutely every content on the forum. I’m waking up every day to 50 notifications of random likes from the same people 

That's what gamification does to you. They all want to have the highest level on the forum without contributing to any conversation. I saw a dude that's level 14 and mostly posts random nonsense like staying online, or repeats what other people said. Or offers advice that's against the Fiverr TOS. But when people see his level, they might think he knows what he is saying. So yes, there are a lot of situations like these. And I don't think there's a way to really stop this kind of stuff

21 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I have you beat in the notifications department. I just checked the forum (the last time I checked was probably about 12 hours ago), and I was stunned to see that I had 802 new notifications -- yes, not kidding..... 800+ forum notifications in the last 12 hours. 😲 Someone was busy clicking the "Like" button on just about everything I've posted on the forum. I appreciate the fact that someone likes my comments, but, 800 notifications, in half a day, is ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

800 notifications, in half a day, is ridiculous.

I had 100 at most after not being here a day. So.. you beat me at the very least.

Leaving the jokes aside.. these people man... do they think being a high level here gives them sales? Because it doesn't...

Too many people think the forum gives them magical powers. 

800 notifications? Yikes. I get a dozen a day - many from people liking things I said last year. I'm so glad my posts are so impactful through the ages. Ha.

I sometimes go through bursts of helpfulness when I try to give some good advice around here, but I'm not sure why anymore. Forum of Existential Woe.

Archived