How can I survive?

webdivine

Thanks @jonbaas. But some sellers sales celebrity images and activities. Here is one I will have trump sign your logo in the video

Thanks @jonbaas. But some sellers sales celebrity images and activities. Here is one I will have trump sign your logo in the video

Politicians, while in office, are in public service, and their image is, therefore, open to critical or satirical use. President Trump is a public official in public office. It is not illegal to use his image in a satirical way – even in a way that earns profit. (This is why you see so many President Trump t-shirts, etc for sale everywhere)

However, when he leaves office, he becomes a private citizen, and, therefore, is no longer available for others to use his image in that way.

Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey are private citizens, and therefore, it is illegal to use their likeness to make a profit. You need permission from Obama or Winfrey to use their likeness in commercial use. You do not need the same from President Trump while he is in office.

Please be familiar with copyright and fair-use laws before assuming that you can do anything you want – just because “other people are doing it”.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Politicians, while in office, are in public service, and their image is, therefore, open to critical or satirical use. President Trump is a public official in public office. It is not illegal to use his image in a satirical way – even in a way that earns profit. (This is why you see so many President Trump t-shirts, etc for sale everywhere)

However, when he leaves office, he becomes a private citizen, and, therefore, is no longer available for others to use his image in that way.

Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey are private citizens, and therefore, it is illegal to use their likeness to make a profit. You need permission from Obama or Winfrey to use their likeness in commercial use. You do not need the same from President Trump while he is in office.

Please be familiar with copyright and fair-use laws before assuming that you can do anything you want – just because “other people are doing it”.

Thanks a lot @jonbaas. You opened my eyes!

Either use your OWN photos OR get some help from someone to create attractive ones related to your gig. Never a celebrity, despite other profiles you see on here that use one. As @jonbaas said, it is illegal to use someone’s likeness (without permission - such as stock photos that you can purchase for use) – and especially for financial gain.

Or, if privacy is a concern, for whatever reason - many people do have legitimate privacy concerns – you can do like I do… and use a seller to create a great caricature of yourself! 🙂

A while back fiverr encouraged sellers to use caricatures of themselves - like they use for fiverr CS- and even endorsed certain sellers who created them, so I opted for one of those. It works out great for me.

All this royalty free comments are nonsense.
Aside from the fact that you actually need the photographer (who is the copyright owner) to grant you the usage rights, you also need a model release from the celebrity. If you don’t have the latter whether the photographer nor any other person he grants usage rights to, is allowed to use their imagery other than for editorial use. Since using it for gig endorsement it would be commercial use and you therefore need the model release.

I know a ton of users do this, but this doesn’t make it legal.

Aside from all the legal stuff, I would never do any business with somebody who relentlessly uses other peoples creative work without their permission. They are just a$$…s in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

hello all,

I am new seller, i have some mistake of fiverr order, when i got a buyer request for edit some picture that i m not active for his work. so order is cancel. now i don’t get any job, what should i do? anybody help me for this please.

Hello, Your gig description is very short. You can edit your gigs with fully describe your service that you offers. Then you can get new order. Can you send offer in buyer requests?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello there,

I am a seasoned website designer and level two seller. I joined Deccember'16 in Fiverr. I have completed 163 orders and average selling price $197+

I didn't get orders regularly, this makes me frustrated. How can I survive in the long run? Please experts, fellow sellers suggest me how can I overcome this situation.

Thank you

Archived