? HOW to SEEK NEW CLIENTS FROM SOCIAL MEDIA

deisgnheros

On 11/18/2020 at 6:33 AM, deisgnheros said:

these are proven methods that helped me get my gig ranking to the top page in less then 7 days so please make sure to check them all

I see that you have been on Fiverr for a bit over 3 years, and yet you only have 126 reviews, and I can not find your best selling gig on the first 7 pages when I search for mascot characters. It always puzzles me how sellers who are not exceptionally successful come to the Fiverr Forum to advise other sellers. :thinking:

if you find this helpful please like the topic and comment on the comment section

Why? :thinking:

I have heard that YouTube Fiverr “Gurus” falsely claim that posting on the Fiverr Forum will help you get orders or more views and clicks. But it is not true.

you can attract clients by simply linking your profile on Fiverr Facebook page liked audience as these are increasing continually

That is spamming. 🙀 

you can improve your profile page by linking to your Facebook account.

Why? :thinking: Are your Facebook friends likely to buy your services?

get in touch with your followers on social media and ask them if they will be interested in your gig on Fiverr

Whose followers? Yours? Or are you spamming the followers of people who are successful on social media? :thinking:

As a seller, you have made 3.3 sales per month since you have been on Fiverr. What makes you feel that you are qualified to make a “Tips for Sellers” post. :thinking:

The Fiverr Tips for Sellers on this forum have always been reserved for sellers who are very successful and want to share their knowledge. 

• Like 37

On 11/18/2020 at 7:37 PM, vickiespencer said:

I see that you have been on Fiverr for a bit over 3 years, and yet you only have 126 reviews, and I can not find your best selling gig on the first 7 pages when I search for mascot characters. It always puzzles me how sellers who are not exceptionally successful come to the Fiverr Forum to advise other sellers. :thinking:

Why? :thinking:

I have heard that YouTube Fiverr “Gurus” falsely claim that posting on the Fiverr Forum will help you get orders or more views and clicks. But it is not true.

That is spamming. 🙀 

Why? :thinking: Are your Facebook friends likely to buy your services?

Whose followers? Yours? Or are you spamming the followers of people who are successful on social media? :thinking:

As a seller, you have made 3.3 sales per month since you have been on Fiverr. What makes you feel that you are qualified to make a “Tips for Sellers” post. :thinking:

The Fiverr Tips for Sellers on this forum have always been reserved for sellers who are very successful and want to share their knowledge. 

be aware of what you are writing madam? you are laking of ressources am a level 2 seller I have made indeed page rank number 1 in just within a week and please do NOT come to me to rephrase every advice for you you are English and I am sure you can understand few words here and there :cowboy_hat_face: 

• Like 9

On 11/19/2020 at 10:15 AM, vickiespencer said:

I have been a Level 2 seller for 3 years. I have never done any of the things you “advise” other sellers to do. Yet, I have over 1,300 reviews and have completed over 1,600 orders.

Maybe you did once. But I just looked again; you are not in the first 5 pages. Plus, I see you had one order 5 days ago and one order 2 months ago. Before that, your orders are from over 4 months ago.

I understood all of your words. Understanding people who do not have English as their first language is a specialty of mine. I have a gig to proofread writing done by ESL writers.

You are the one who should be aware of what you write. You come here and give poor advice to new sellers who thank you for your advice because they are grasping at straws and do not know what else to do.

The truth is that Fiverr has doubled and even tripled the number of gigs in some areas, like logos and graphic design. If these sellers want to get sales, they would be better off figuring out how to make their gigs stand out from the other over 160,000 gigs that offer the same service.

All of those who have commented here would be better off reading this thread.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/229153-stop-listening-to-bad-advice/

And this!

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/229153-stop-listening-to-bad-advice/?do=findComment&comment=1357441

I’m exhausted just reading this. 👏 @vickiespencer 

• Like 14

I would like to tag every person that said, “Thanks for this valuable information” and tell them it is not and that they should ignore it.

Personally I only listen to regular Fiverr forum people who are known for giving good advice aswell as a good Fiverr sellers , All like @vickiespencer because I can trust that she is giving good advice. Agree with everything @vickiespencer said ! I am a bit of a new seller so I enjoy when regulars people reply telling how good the source is cause it lets other new sellers what to trust and not trust .

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I was on twitter deck and I made a “mistake” by searching #Fiverr tag.
I noticed same guy keep coming in over and over.

image.thumb.png.8ecfd7657c945185009930ce00b95617.png
image608×1232 194 KB

But his account is no longer active and all the links are dead, and yet “he” keeps posting every hour 3-10 times.
I guess this is some kind of automatization set by some program and he just let it run infinitively.

His tweets are just same text over and over for months. 200000 tweets? Is that social media marketing?

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

I see some people bring too rude while they are claiming that they are in a better position, but yet they don’t bother to share their valuable tips on how they reached that level.

But just by bullying another person who is sharing tips on how new sellers can utilize their accessible resources to get a bit of exposure.
NB: Promoting and Spamming is not the same. I hope the experts also know this.

I’m no expert, but as you guys are claiming, I will love to see a lot of value coming from you in this forum.

Expecting no arguments, just shared my viewpoint on this.

• Like 8

On 1/10/2021 at 12:26 PM, nijhoom said:

I see some people bring too rude while they are claiming that they are in a better position, but yet they don’t bother to share their valuable tips on how they reached that level.

But just by bullying another person who is sharing tips on how new sellers can utilize their accessible resources to get a bit of exposure.

There is no bullying going on here. If you put something out for the public to see, you should be ready for it to be criticized. You don’t get a pat on the back just for participating if your contribution isn’t valuable.

And you mention that you want the “rude users” giving their own tips and bring more value to the forum? Alright… Maybe if you actually read the forum instead of only the newest clickbait shiny post, you would see that those same users (who you call rude and bullies) have years of valuable contributions.

Also, you are a freelancer. Do your own research. You are not owed someone spoon-feeding you information.

• Like 15

On 1/10/2021 at 12:26 PM, nijhoom said:

The problem here is that there are no “valuable tips” to share. I’ve been saying this over and over again. There’s no secret sauce.

Want to be successful? Offer something that has demand, and be more attractive than the competition. That’s all there is. Nothing else. Does that help? Not really - if you ain’t good, you won’t become good just because you “learn” you have to be good to be successful.

The problem here is that we have a ton of talentless hacks trying to make a quick buck. It won’t work.

Can you communicate well in English? If not, don’t come here and expect success until you do. If it takes you 2 years to learn English, you can start two years from now.

Can you do whatever it is you’re selling professionally? If you can’t, become a professional first (and that can take years), and only then come here and start selling.

If you just want to sell some slightly modified canva templates, you’re not going anywhere and no tips will ever help you.

If you are a graphic designer that displays hideous images in your profile (no clue about colors, fonts, composition, etc), you won’t get anywhere. Good taste isn’t something you can learn easily, either you have it or you don’t. Most don’t.

If you are a writer / translator / editor and you have typos and weird phrasing in your gigs / bio / FAQ’s, nobody is going to hire you.

If you have no business acumen (“getting” what works or not), we can’t help. A lot of this should be intuition, common sense. If you don’t have it, we can’t help.

Being here as a successful seller sometimes is a bit like being a doctor walking down the street and being approached by beggars asking you what’s your secret to be a doctor, because they all want to make doctor money. Guess what? Go to med school. You’re not qualified to be a doctor. And it’s not something I can teach you, because you don’t have the requirements to even understand it. And then that beggar is approached by 10 other beggars giving tips on how to be a doctor. And then all the beggars get on a circle repeating “thanks for the valuable information” to each other. And of course not one of them will become a doctor, so I really have no idea what they are all thanking themselves for.

It’s insane. 

• Like 19

On 1/1/2021 at 3:39 PM, marinapomorac said:

Yesterday I was on twitter deck and I made a “mistake” by searching #Fiverr tag.
I noticed same guy keep coming in over and over.

image.thumb.png.8ecfd7657c945185009930ce00b95617.png 

But his account is no longer active and all the links are dead, and yet “he” keeps posting every hour 3-10 times.
I guess this is some kind of automatization set by some program and he just let it run infinitively.

His tweets are just same text over and over for months. 200000 tweets? Is that social media marketing?

This type of person always spamming! I can assure of that they will never success in Fiverr! 

• Like 5

I don’t get why this kind of stuff doesn’t get considered as spam. All the useful comments gets lost in this sea of “thank you” and “you’re welcome”. It’s just so this Thread keeps staying on the top of the “latest” section that the OP keeps responding, otherwise clicking on the little “heart” would suffice. It’s really annoying.

• Like 10

On 1/15/2021 at 6:07 PM, zreine said:

“you’re welcome”. 

If he wants to respond to every single message, he should at least know how to spell it right. Look at the quoted message from @zreine , OP. That is how you spell it. If you haven’t muted us then someone might just learn something from this thread after all. 

• Like 10

On 1/11/2021 at 7:00 PM, visualstudios said:

The problem here is that there are no “valuable tips” to share. I’ve been saying this over and over again. There’s no secret sauce.

Want to be successful? Offer something that has demand, and be more attractive than the competition. That’s all there is. Nothing else. Does that help? Not really - if you ain’t good, you won’t become good just because you “learn” you have to be good to be successful.

The problem here is that we have a ton of talentless hacks trying to make a quick buck. It won’t work.

Can you communicate well in English? If not, don’t come here and expect success until you do. If it takes you 2 years to learn English, you can start two years from now.

Can you do whatever it is you’re selling professionally? If you can’t, become a professional first (and that can take years), and only then come here and start selling.

If you just want to sell some slightly modified canva templates, you’re not going anywhere and no tips will ever help you.

If you are a graphic designer that displays hideous images in your profile (no clue about colors, fonts, composition, etc), you won’t get anywhere. Good taste isn’t something you can learn easily, either you have it or you don’t. Most don’t.

If you are a writer / translator / editor and you have typos and weird phrasing in your gigs / bio / FAQ’s, nobody is going to hire you.

If you have no business acumen (“getting” what works or not), we can’t help. A lot of this should be intuition, common sense. If you don’t have it, we can’t help.

Being here as a successful seller sometimes is a bit like being a doctor walking down the street and being approached by beggars asking you what’s your secret to be a doctor, because they all want to make doctor money. Guess what? Go to med school. You’re not qualified to be a doctor. And it’s not something I can teach you, because you don’t have the requirements to even understand it. And then that beggar is approached by 10 other beggars giving tips on how to be a doctor. And then all the beggars get on a circle repeating “thanks for the valuable information” to each other. And of course not one of them will become a doctor, so I really have no idea what they are all thanking themselves for.

It’s insane. 

From now on you seriously have my respect… This is the exact thing I wanted to tell everybody here spamming thank you for the information…

The way you said the whole thing it’s just a smack on the face without even hurting the other person…

About the post, this is for the OP :- Thank you for the most invaluable and a useless post 

• Like 7