What is the role of profile photo in your Fiverr success?

nadeera0v0

Something that I can wear in the street without being charged for indecent exposure, in case someone decides to ruin my perfectly lonely freelancer day by ringing the doorbell and I end up locked out of the house somehow, or there's a fire, flood, or other situation that might require fast action.

I'm generally a fan of "clothes you can wear from the sheets to the streets", something that works for literally any occasion from a catnap to working at home to spontaneously crossing the street to get the spare key from a neighbour to going for a walk in the park, to the bakery, library, museum or even an event of the posh kind. So, usually, I wear something that would have been fine to wear in all of my pre-freelance jobs, save two non-office jobs, where I had to wear an actual uniform.

I'm barefoot most of the time, though, while at home, unless it's freezing. That kind of freedom and luxury, I had in only one of my non-freelancer jobs.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work at my desk in front of my desktop computer in the combination office spare bedroom. 

I like to wear jeans. If it is winter, I usually wear a soft sweatshirt, and if it is warmer weather, a blouse or t-shirt will do. Like @miiila, I love to go barefoot, except in winter when I wear my warm wool Haflinger clogs. 

On 3/31/2022 at 1:37 AM, nenadmanojlovic said:

Hello Doers!

I was wondering if you are working full time as freelancer, do you always dress up for work, do you have any routine, or do you just lay down in bed with you laptop? 

NO JUDGEMENT ZONE HERE! so feel free to share your procedure today! 

As per Fiverr you should dress up and work in routine, but I rather say no I'm a web developer who codes & develop which required days of coding I wake early morning have my breakfast and start coding, bathing, and dressing up on my free mood. Mostly I dressed when I had online meeting with my clients, but working as a freelance surely provide you the independence you are looking for,😃😀

I wear my every day clothes. I generally look well-groomed and smart anyway. For recording I do always wear something comfortable that doesn't restrict my breathing or movement too much. Even if I'm not working on a particular day, I always get up, make my bed, shower and dress. That's the least I can do for myself to feel like a civilised creature. 

It... honestly depends on the stage I am in and/or the type of order. For the brainstorming stage/concept work, I'll admit I like loose and casual, but if I'm working on something for a business type of client, or am in the final stretch of the project, then I go for more business casual.

It's very interesting. There are studies out there that prove people behave differently when they put an effort into their appearance.

I still try to meet any client's expectations, but going 'fangirl' with a client over The Legend of Zelda and The Mandalorian as if at a slumber party has a VERY different feel in work-cloths. Likewise, though, I would NEVER show up to an interview in blue jeans and a screen-print t-shirt, not even if it were a job where that's the usual outfit. 

So... for me I guess it's 'dress the part' and 'meet the client where they're at'.

On 3/31/2022 at 7:53 AM, visualstudios said:

In Practice:

wonderful 

On 4/1/2022 at 9:18 AM, imagination7413 said:

There are studies out there that prove people behave differently when they put an effort into their appearance.

this is damn true, I have read 'similar' theory in social psychology, the thing quite shows more of a person's personalities also it effects on others as well as on self

On 4/1/2022 at 12:59 PM, vickiespencer said:

I think Frank looks more like this when he goes to work.

443503031_ScreenShot2022-04-01at10_57_32AM.thumb.png.0115a8194672a82d5d336d6892c9f80d.png    I wonder if he wears socks with his Jordans?

That's actually pretty close!

Minus the modelesque physique and jawline of course.

I always wear socks! 🙂 

unnamed.jpg

14 hours ago, alphagev said:

(sometimes with socks - the heresy!)

Have you ever thought about the so-called tabi socks, the ones with separate big toe? Life-changing! 😉 I don't wear any kind of shoes while working, including flip-flops, however, I do wear my flip-flops in the house when I have to hang the washing on the attic - a very splintery and, in winter, icy experience, when done barefooted. 

Archived