What is the role of profile photo in your Fiverr success?

nadeera0v0

On 8/26/2021 at 10:52 PM, newsmike said:

Make sure your profile picture is as professional as your gig images.

Since my profile image is of me as a Jedi and my gig images are all of a little Chibi me created by my Fiverr friend, @zeus777, I guess my profile image is as professional as my gig images. 

1629348402_ScreenShot2021-08-31at3_17_24PM.png.9585bd1f26176e8b56052df01f0851f2.png 

During the midst of the pandemic, I felt I needed something fun in my Fiverr life, and I had Zeus make me into a Jedi. It also helped me feel empowered against COVID. 

On 8/27/2021 at 5:33 AM, enunciator said:

Although the generic perception of a "professional" seeming headshot (clean cut, solid neutral colors, suit jacket, button-up, tie, etc.) is suitable for many cases, I think that particular services, especially in the creative fields, have more leeway on what might be appropriate.

I agree. Although I do not feel proofreading is a 'creative' field, I think my caricatures make me feel approachable to my buyers. And @smashradiomaybe they are why I have a 80% review rate as they add to my overall 'friendly' appeal. 

On 8/31/2021 at 8:36 AM, melanielm said:

I wonder how many people over the course of the past 10 years have not hired me because of my weird little tree.

I would hire you because of your tree! I love its elegance and simplicity. 

On 8/31/2021 at 5:53 AM, j6nyc6 said:

Hip-Hop ghostwriter here, and I think I nailed my profile picture. Left the shirt and tie at my regular 9 to 5.

Your profile picture fits your services! I wear many different clothes in my profile images. 

On 8/31/2021 at 4:37 PM, newsmike said:

The ones that crack me up are the profile pics with a face mask on.  Seriously?

I have only seen a few. I particularly like @coerdelion's! 

On 8/31/2021 at 10:11 AM, designershafiqu said:

can you please checked my profile and gig image?, any problem that, i will fix it.

It may be a more appropriate image if your hair was not messy. Your buyers may wonder if your work is a messy as your hair.  Otherwise I like your expression. It also may help you to have a less cluttered background. 

And finally @rachelbostwick, your hair does look lovely. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

And @smashradiomaybe they are why I have a 80% review rate as they add to my overall 'friendly' appeal. 

Do you think making me into a Sith would do the same trick? I like them better. It's more fitting to my personality. Yet I doubt Darth Smash will get many reviews. 

• Like 23
  • Haha 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

I agree. Although I do not feel proofreading is a 'creative' field, I think my caricatures make me feel approachable to my buyers. And @smashradiomaybe they are why I have a 80% review rate as they add to my overall 'friendly' appeal. 

Thank you ❤️ And I do think that the branding is so strong on your pics that they are as good as or even better than an actual photo. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2021 at 5:32 PM, vickiespencer said:

It also helped me feel empowered against COVID. 

The force will always protect us.

On 8/31/2021 at 5:38 PM, smashradio said:

Yet I doubt Darth Smash will get many reviews. 

I have to disagree, Darth Smash sounds very cool, I mean galactically cool to me.

My hair is quite long right now (I'm gonna grow it out for another year so I can donate my monstrously thick hair to kids) and I've been using my profile pic for over 10 years. I keep saying I'm gonna change it, I'm gonna change and I still haven't. Let's see if I can really change it before this year ends!

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3

On 8/27/2021 at 5:33 AM, enunciator said:

An artist with a self caricature or detailed illustration can convey far more about their service and individuality than through a regular headshot. Same with graphic designers, or other highly visual or "unconventional" services.

I was actually wondering about that. Would you think that my profile picture was okay, or is it too unprofessional-looking?

If I had to, I guess I could draw something more ‘professional-looking’ so people would think I’m authentic. 

Edited by kai990
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 3:52 AM, newsmike said:

Make sure your profile picture is as professional as your gig images. I see a lot of profile pics that do not scream professional in a global marketplace. Remember, people judge everything. Literally everything. 

I think my profile pic might not be professional but it makes me look much older 😥 I need it to hide my baby face 🤧

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, pen_dimii said:

I think my profile pic might not be professional but it makes me look much older 😥 I need it to hide my baby face 🤧

Your profile picture (the one you're using on Fiverr, not the forum) seems professional. Nothing wrong with it, I would say. If you want to look older you can wear some glasses. That puts a few years on your face right away, AND it makes you look smarter. I would have done it, but I'm getting to that point where I'm looking for ways to seem younger, not older - haha. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
Guest nenadmanojlovic

Hello Doers!

I was wondering if you are working full time as freelancer, do you always dress up for work, do you have any routine, or do you just lay down in bed with you laptop? 

NO JUDGEMENT ZONE HERE! so feel free to share your procedure today! 

I always dress up and I always go to the office to work. Never on a laptop, never at home or in a coffee shop.

Whether it's admin work or actual animating, the outfit won't change.

Dress shirt, Suit jacket, and vest. Designer jeans and rare Jordan retros complete the look I'm going for. 🙂 

I realized a few years back that the freedom that comes with freelancing regarding clothes and location, actually hurt performance and consistency in my case.

Think of it as a kid who grew up to be an adult and realized they could eat ice cream for dinner, every single night.

Another realization -again speaking for me personally- was that the way I look is tied to my brand's image.

It definitely completes the puzzle the prospects are putting together when they first get in touch with my branding, whether it's on Fiverr or through other channels.

Also, added bonus, when I started dressing up for work, I felt more confident, and as a by-product I started wanted to look good in my clothes. 

Which resulted in me starting to work out and watching my diet more. It's been 3 years now and I have never been healthier/thinner. 🙂

• Like 25
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, animie_video said:

Well it totally depends, most of the time I am all dressed up and work form office. While sometimes it's just me and the laptop in the bed, it usually happens when I just have to communicate or answering any queries, to work properly, office and dressing up is the solution as @frank_d said. 

Well there's no 1 solution. Everyone is free to do what helps them be the best version of themselves.

• Like 15
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2