The Shift: Fiverr's first-ever virtual event

mjensen415

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So? What happened? Who attended this? What benefits are you seeing? What did you do all day on the event day?

Anything? Any feedback?

I was wondering if anybody would talk about it :thinking:

I personally can’t say much because:

I received a late notification for the start, so when I did get in, I hopped into the first session, but it was just about to end so they said thanks for watching and turned off their cameras

so I switched to the next session, 5 minutes later they said thanks for watching and turned off their cameras.

Sooo… I went to the next session, which was about work/life balance and it must have been the end of it because for 10 minutes they talked about life as a freelancer with children, though even if I had children I wouldn’t have picked up much from that, then they said thanks for watching and turned off their cameras…

So then I went to the main stage and there was a big discussion going on … … which was just about to end.

Honestly it can’t have just been me but I found it a bit frustrating that most of the events were ending so short after another and I didn’t really get to pick up anything that seemed useful to me, probably missed the good parts. Also, from what I have seen, among all speakers, the Fiverr Pro ones appeared to be the most enthusiastic speakers.

I was wondering if anybody would talk about it :thinking:

I personally can’t say much because:

I received a late notification for the start, so when I did get in, I hopped into the first session, but it was just about to end so they said thanks for watching and turned off their cameras

so I switched to the next session, 5 minutes later they said thanks for watching and turned off their cameras.

Sooo… I went to the next session, which was about work/life balance and it must have been the end of it because for 10 minutes they talked about life as a freelancer with children, though even if I had children I wouldn’t have picked up much from that, then they said thanks for watching and turned off their cameras…

So then I went to the main stage and there was a big discussion going on … … which was just about to end.

Honestly it can’t have just been me but I found it a bit frustrating that most of the events were ending so short after another and I didn’t really get to pick up anything that seemed useful to me, probably missed the good parts. Also, from what I have seen, among all speakers, the Fiverr Pro ones appeared to be the most enthusiastic speakers.

I jumped between the first two parallel sessions, and then a bit, so I watched about 5 panels, then I had to tune out/ turn off, as I unfortunately had a headache that day. It wasn’t really Fiverr-centric, so if people came expecting that, they probably were disappointed, but some people had interesting things to say, I specifically enjoyed listening to a white-haired lady, forgot her name, who, among other stuff, had some things to say about women and age and the communications industry.

The atmosphere was casual and friendly, which I liked; apparently, quite a few of the people knew each other.

Oh, and, of course, it was nice to see @mjensen415 as a real-life person vs a drawing once, if only briefly 😉

I jumped between the first two parallel sessions, and then a bit, so I watched about 5 panels, then I had to tune out/ turn off, as I unfortunately had a headache that day. It wasn’t really Fiverr-centric, so if people came expecting that, they probably were disappointed, but some people had interesting things to say, I specifically enjoyed listening to a white-haired lady, forgot her name, who, among other stuff, had some things to say about women and age and the communications industry.

The atmosphere was casual and friendly, which I liked; apparently, quite a few of the people knew each other.

Oh, and, of course, it was nice to see @mjensen415 as a real-life person vs a drawing once, if only briefly 😉

It wasn’t really Fiverr-centric, so if people came expecting that, they probably were disappointed,

Plenty of people in the Reception chat asked how to make sales on Fiverr and similar questions, even though it wasn’t related to any of the actual discussions. They asked similar questions in the chats of other areas (various sessions), but there, all questions/comments not related to the specific session were promptly deleted. And by promptly, I mean blink and you’ll miss that it was there in the first place. Which was awesome.

It wasn’t really Fiverr-centric

Beautiful.

The first-ever Fiverr virtual event that had nothing to do with Fiverr, how to make sales, and advance in Fiverr (the biggest and only reason 80% sign up for the event). If the event was meant to be inspirational in a spiritual way then it has to be clearly broadcasted. We have TED for those kinds of things.

I caught a couple of the panels. It was mostly that things are changing online, people are new, they aren’t really with it yet … and we all have to be a bit kinder and more patient.

“The Shift” referrs to the shift to online working …

I caught a couple of the panels. It was mostly that things are changing online, people are new, they aren’t really with it yet … and we all have to be a bit kinder and more patient.

“The Shift” referrs to the shift to online working …

Good point! But if I had known it was more of an inspirational podcast I would have maybe not wanted to sit there with a notebook to write things down 😃 I guess the fact that it was an event by Fiverr with so many guests from all kinds of different companies and backgrounds just led me to believe this was a “tips and tricks to survive during a global pandemic” sort of event.

Good point! But if I had known it was more of an inspirational podcast I would have maybe not wanted to sit there with a notebook to write things down 😃 I guess the fact that it was an event by Fiverr with so many guests from all kinds of different companies and backgrounds just led me to believe this was a “tips and tricks to survive during a global pandemic” sort of event.

It wasn’t of the inspirational type, not primarily. There were some practical sessions (I’ve missed them because I watched something else, but there were two on design, and one on making impactful videos), there was one about building remote communities, and there were some about the political shift, shift to online working, about being more accepting of different cultures (we see that shift right here on the forum, in the approach of the mods)…

It was useful to those interested in the bigger picture, not just how to get buyers interested in their background removal service fall into their lap.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived