Introducing Fiverr Logo Maker (Officially)

mjensen415

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

People talk about lawsuits here, but usually don’t bother with them.

Still, if your business was local, like a mom and pop store, would it bother you if someone in Jakarta, Indonesia used the same logo for their own local business? Or could the same/similar logo being used lead to some kind of legal trouble?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I understand, that’s why I asked if there would be legal trouble if your logo was the same or similar to a logo that a small business in another country was using. Would lawyers be able to make money in that case?

I understand, that’s why I asked if there would be legal trouble if your logo was the same or similar to a logo that a small business in another country was using. Would lawyers be able to make money in that case?

Would lawyers be able to make money in that case?

It’s about lawyers making a lot of money here in the U.S. They bother with them.

Of course not. Lawyers can pursue if someone copied your logo. And if it’s not trademarked it’s still will be pretty difficult. (Bare in mind that even a lot of big businesses doesn’t trademark their logo because it’s a long and very costly process)

With logo makers it’s all strait forward. When people are buying a premade logo they are signing a contract upfront that others can use that logo. Simple as that. Fiverr is a US based company and operating partially with a US law. I’m pretty sure that lawyers on fiverr looked at every aspect of it. Otherwise non of the logo makers would exist.

Would lawyers be able to make money in that case?

It’s about lawyers making a lot of money here in the U.S. They bother with them.

Of course not. Lawyers can pursue if someone copied your logo. And if it’s not trademarked it’s still will be pretty difficult. (Bare in mind that even a lot of big businesses doesn’t trademark their logo because it’s a long and very costly process)

With logo makers it’s all strait forward. When people are buying a premade logo they are signing a contract upfront that others can use that logo. Simple as that. Fiverr is a US based company and operating partially with a US law. I’m pretty sure that lawyers on fiverr looked at every aspect of it. Otherwise non of the logo makers would exist.

Fiverr is a US based company

They’re based in Israel, but they do have offices in the US, too.

Federal registration provides several advantages, including giving you a legal presumption of ownership and exclusive rights to use the mark nationwide in connection with your goods or services.

So, a business in another country using the same logo wouldn’t fall under this.

Where did you get this information?

Anyone can get and check that information with google.

But apart from that I had clients who had to go through that process. And cost can go up to 600$. Only to register in in the US, not even worldwide. Which would mean that people from outside the US can have the same logo even if yours is trademarked in the US :woman_shrugging:

If they do business in the U.S.?

I was talking about small local businesses operating outside of the U.S., and the possibility that they use the same or a similar logo as a small local business operating in the U.S.

Do you think some company in another country can safely use for example the Nike Swoosh?

There are companies that use similar logos. Or Rebok instead of Reebok. They didn’t get shut down.

So a small business in another country besides the U.S. can safely use the Nike Swoosh or the name Coca-Cola.

Nike or Coca-Cola are not small.

And I’ve used more specific examples, like a mom and pop store in another country using a logo that’s the same or similar as a mom and pop store in U.S. Both would be businesses with just a few employees, and operating locally, not globally.

Businesses that want to grow like Nike or Coca-Cola would definitely not use Fiverr Logo Maker for their logo. A local plumber might. Would someone seriously sue a plumber operating in a small town in another country who uses a logo that’s similar to a logo that’s being used by a plumber operating in a small Texas town? Who would even find out about it?

So a small business in another country besides the U.S. can safely use the Nike Swoosh or the name Coca-Cola.

Nike or Coca-Cola are not small.

And I’ve used more specific examples, like a mom and pop store in another country using a logo that’s the same or similar as a mom and pop store in U.S. Both would be businesses with just a few employees, and operating locally, not globally.

Businesses that want to grow like Nike or Coca-Cola would definitely not use Fiverr Logo Maker for their logo. A local plumber might. Would someone seriously sue a plumber operating in a small town in another country who uses a logo that’s similar to a logo that’s being used by a plumber operating in a small Texas town? Who would even find out about it?

I’m not a legal expert. I just was reading about this subject on legalzoom.

I’m not a legal expert. I just was reading about this subject on legalzoom.

You cannot copy another companies logo even if you are a mom and pop store

that’s not the point here. It’s a fiverr logo maker discussion and yes, with a logo maker you can sell same logo to many people because they know what they are buying upfront.

We survived 5 years of every business aimed at 20-30-year-olds having a deer head as their logo and those were the same 3 deer heads (if they were custom heads, you still couldn’t tell it from the distance). Logos is a funny business like that, especially when some aggressive trend rolls around. Duplication (accidental or otherwise) is inescapable.

I’m still more upset about the prices. They don’t help teach both sellers and buyers to treat logo design seriously. Logos are serious business, dang it.

We survived 5 years of every business aimed at 20-30-year-olds having a deer head as their logo and those were the same 3 deer heads (if they were custom heads, you still couldn’t tell it from the distance). Logos is a funny business like that, especially when some aggressive trend rolls around. Duplication (accidental or otherwise) is inescapable.

I’m still more upset about the prices. They don’t help teach both sellers and buyers to treat logo design seriously. Logos are serious business, dang it.

We survived 5 years of every business aimed at 20-30-year-olds having a deer head as their logo

For a while I saw lion heads on every small business logo. That was a long time ago so maybe they switched to deer heads. One logo I like is Starbucks. I’m also noticing a stylized lotus in logos now.

We survived 5 years of every business aimed at 20-30-year-olds having a deer head as their logo

For a while I saw lion heads on every small business logo. That was a long time ago so maybe they switched to deer heads. One logo I like is Starbucks. I’m also noticing a stylized lotus in logos now.

I’m also noticing a stylized lotus in logos now.

Funny you mention that. I was just thinking yesterday how my current yoga studio is the first one that doesn’t have a lotus in their logo. They have an everlasting spiral instead, bless them.

• 2 weeks later...

Good initiative from fiverr.com. Logos should be affordable not only for big brands but also for smaller businesses who is looking for budget logo and dont want to spend much time on it as well. people who don’t need their logo to be super unique.

You could already get logos for $5 before Logo Maker… which is like $60. So this does not answer the cheap aspect.

• 1 month later...

Great news,

While downloading the sample from it

I got some other’s design not related to the one I choose.

Dude, I’m selling custom logos way cheaper than that, that’s disappointing in my side tbh, and not because my work’s bad, I have a 5 star rating… the thing is, i don’t think I’ll get much more sales by increasing the price… oh well…

Those logos the logomaker makes look professional and a zillion times better than some of the ones some sellers here make. I got a few horrific samples one time when I asked a few sellers for them, as if a six year old child made them, and they weren’t ever going to be usable by anyone.

Some of the samples I got were obviously made by a free online logomaker also and were worse by far than the ones fiverr’s logomaker makes.

So it all depends on what you are comparing these logomaker logos to.

On 4/17/2020 at 2:40 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

Only idiots will use this. It’s literally throwing money away - what am I paying for?

Hold on a second. As a designer you know that everything (even a logo creation) starts from a target audience.

This logo maker simply has a different target audience. So I’m surprised to hear all this “it defeats the logo purpose”.

There are small businesses, there are local business without online presence, small hobby and crafts makers etc who simply don’t need to pay over 200$ to build a world wide recognised brand. All they need is a nice sign to attract some clients to their business, that’s it, a lot of them don’t care if that logo was sold before or not.

There are also control freaks who just don’t want to trust a designer and want to see what they are getting upfront. By the way, this logo maker allows customisation so clients might ask some changes on a logo for additional price and they will have now custom made logo.

I’m so surprised to see so many people forgetting simple but essential rule about target audiences.

Logo maker might not fit for bigger purposes and bigger brands who need to be unique they simply target different audience.

Logos should be affordable not only for big brands but also for smaller businesses who don’t need their logo to be super unique.

P.S I wouldn’t reply or debate and will leave it here for people to make their mind themselves what is best for their own business.

I agree 100% with you, Maria! I am a logo designer my self and I don’t feel this as a threat. Every products has it own customers. Looking at the bright side, we as a logo designer can create a passive income if we can sell our logo through Fiverr Logo Maker.

On 4/17/2020 at 2:41 AM, misscrystal said:

Those logos the logomaker makes look professional and a zillion times better than some of the ones some sellers here make. I got a few horrific samples one time when I asked a few sellers for them, as if a six year old child made them, and they weren’t ever going to be usable by anyone.

Some of the samples I got were obviously made by a free online logomaker also and were worse by far than the ones fiverr’s logomaker makes.

So it all depends on what you are comparing these logomaker logos to.

True! I tried Fiverr logo maker my self ( to see how it works) and it looks cool and not as generic as other logo maker.

• 4 months later...

Hello mjensen,

How are you? I’m doing great.
Recently I have faced some difficulties with Logo Maker.
Buyer selects a design from the logo maker and wants to tweak a bit of the design. They order us through the logo maker.
We get the order.
Unfortunately there is no way to open the order page on our side.
We do not get the deliver option.
Also there are time limitations to deliver the files. Fiverr support team takes a long time to respond.
In that case we had to cancel the order.
Could you tell me any way that I can access the order to deliver properly.
I have already read the fiverr logo maker article but there is no solution.
I’m waiting for your valuable solution.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Archived