Introducing Fiverr Logo Maker (Officially)

mjensen415

Interesting. Seems to be a nod to the notion that people want to be able to use AI tools to get logos, and then as your buying, like Vista Print, you get the option of buying even more stuff with the logos on it. Just a different revenue stream for Fiverr. Its nice that sellers who contribute get recognition and a commision I suppose. Just seems to be acknowledging a trend, following it, and monetizing on it. Heck, I saw they now have a local photography section where you can hire a local photographer. So Fiverr is now part craigslist, part vista print, and still part Fiverr.

• Like 8

Ok, that’s fair. What happens though when you press the buy button? It looked like I wouldn’t be able to see the price of a logo until I did. In this case, I didn’t in case I stumbled into agreeing to buy before knowing how much I was paying.

Do you see the price before you finalize payment? I’m guessing so. However, it would be nice to know how much a design will cost a little earlier. A lot of the logo concepts the creator came up with for me were from Pro sellers. People might well use this expecting to create an affordable logo, but then feel put off if they suddenly find prices way beyond their budget.

Maybe add clear pricing at the logo customization stage, or at least an estimate to lower bounce rates.

Edit: Also, does Fiverr have any plans to create a similar feature for writers? i.e. One where people could buy pre-written articles?

Also, does Fiverr have any plans to create a similar feature for writers? i.e. One where people could buy pre-written articles?

I don’t see that, as most people want fully customized articles for their needs. Unlike a logo creator where they add words automatically within the logo itself, I can’t see how this would work for articles. Maybe some articles created for SEO, but even then… I don’t find it as helpful as it is with logos. But who knows.

• Like 11

Also, does Fiverr have any plans to create a similar feature for writers? i.e. One where people could buy pre-written articles?

I don’t see that, as most people want fully customized articles for their needs. Unlike a logo creator where they add words automatically within the logo itself, I can’t see how this would work for articles. Maybe some articles created for SEO, but even then… I don’t find it as helpful as it is with logos. But who knows.

I can’t see how this would work for articles.

It already works for articles and the platform that makes it work is the go-to platform for a lot of major brands. They have also been in operation longer than Fiverr.

• Like 6

I still don’t see your point. You are saying that it’s not helpful for buyers? But at the same time you are proposing to get ideas from those “not helpful designs”?

It’s not helpful for buyers as designs are extremely generic and very similar to what you would expect from an existing logo generator.

As for getting ideas from designs, if I was a reseller who knows nothing about logos, I’d pop over to the logo generator. Once there, I’d screencapture some designs to show my end client. If they liked one, I’d then jump over to regular Fiverr and ask a few $5 sellers if they can knock me up asimilar version of te logo selected.

That’s why its different from other logo makers because it’s fully designers vision on how to keep designs, which colours they want to use etc. It is not artificially generated.

Regular logo making software vendors also hire logo designers to come up with concept art. There really isn’t a difference here other than that defined by a bit of marketing spin.

Am I correct in assuming that the logo marks get recycled and sold again and again, with the only change being the title/tagline?

This was my very first thought. However, the answer I got was:

All logos must be original work designed by the seller and never previously sold. They are only sold through the logo maker.

However. there seem to be too few logo designs to really make this feasible. Also, if all logos sell for $60 and can only be sold once, I don’t see any incentive for sellers to keep on creating logos for the app. At least, not unless they are forced to because of the logo maker causing organic sales to flatline.

I wonder how long it will be before you can type in some text, and audition your voice over from a collection of Fiverr’s VO artists, all recreated in high quality audio… 😐

The day has already arrived:

https://www.notjordanpeterson.com/

With the right AI and enough voice samples, you can imitate anyone’s voice easily. I even heard a dark web rumor that an audio leak of Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam during last years protests was an AI-generated audio recording.

All that said, there doesn’t seem to be anything AI about what Fiverr is doing here. They seem more to have just name-dropped AI tech to score PR and marketing points. The second you start using the ‘AI-powered’ logo maker, you realize all the sorting options you have do very little. There is just a standard search filter at work here. In this case, no one needs to call Fiverr Sarah Connor just yet.

As for getting ideas from designs, if I was a reseller who knows nothing about logos, I’d pop over to the logo generator. Once there, I’d screencapture some designs to show my end client. If they liked one, I’d then jump over to regular Fiverr and ask a few $5 sellers if they can knock me up asimilar version of te logo selected.

• Like 9

I think this won’t work well at all.

The designs are amateur at best - I’m not a graphic designer, and I vastly prefer my logo, that I made myself, to all these options. The sliders are totally pointless - check the attached images, with the options selected and the results. THEY ARE THE SAME. This is not ok - presenting the user with an apparent choice that changes nothing is downright insulting.

If you want logos like this, there are tons of websites and apps that let you design them for free. Hard pass.

I didn’t even get any graphics with my test run, just the business name in different fonts… And changing the slider options didn’t change anything! Not a fan…

• Like 5

Who’s gonna pay 30 or 60 dollars for these amateur designs when I can get a decent or good logo designer on Fiverr with tons of experience to make a personlized one for me with all source files and resources included…it doesn’t make sense and it looks like fiverr is trying to lose money. Why is Fiverr trying to make useless add-ons when they can focus on other improvements that will actually help the community? 😦

• Like 7

Who’s gonna pay 30 or 60 dollars for these amateur designs when I can get a decent or good logo designer on Fiverr with tons of experience to make a personlized one for me with all source files and resources included…it doesn’t make sense and it looks like fiverr is trying to lose money. Why is Fiverr trying to make useless add-ons when they can focus on other improvements that will actually help the community? 😦

There’s a certain type of buyer that will hesitate to pay $60 to someone and go through an entire process with revisions, etc. but will prefer to buy something he can see outright for a set price. It’s for impulse buys and instant delivery, not well thought out branding plans.The problem is the implementation makes no sense.

• Like 10

it doesn’t make sense

It makes a lot of sense. A big problem when getting someone to do a logo is paying in advance without knowing what the end result will be. This way, buyers see exactly what they’ll get before they pay for it.

• Like 11

Perhaps I’m missing something. On a site that exists to provide personalized work from individual freelancers, you’ve decided to allow the creation of automatic logos that don’t require buyers to hire freelancers? Isn’t this going to kill the logo design category, and take sales away from REAL logo designers who have offered their services here on Fiverr?

In all honesty, I don’t see the purpose of this, when personalized logo creation has already been a service on Fiverr for years.

i agree with you!!!

• Like 7

I think Logo Designers on Fiverr need to Upgrade there skills now … They must move to more advance designing like advertising designing or like that… This Logo Maker from fiverr will work really good as i noticed logos are simple and even pro ones also… so yeh with some time Fiverr now upgrading to Logo Maker… Good …

• Like 8

Perhaps I’m missing something. On a site that exists to provide personalized work from individual freelancers, you’ve decided to allow the creation of automatic logos that don’t require buyers to hire freelancers? Isn’t this going to kill the logo design category, and take sales away from REAL logo designers who have offered their services here on Fiverr?

In all honesty, I don’t see the purpose of this, when personalized logo creation has already been a service on Fiverr for years.

yes me too i agrre with you

• Like 5

Hello Jonbaas,

Few things,

1. The logo maker database is still small and it’s still in beta, with time there will be much more logo samples and only good designs will stand out
  2. I think it will not affect on the marketplace at all since logo maker targeting totally different type of customers
  3. there are good and bad things with logo makers as well as custom services… Ex:,With logo make you basically get logo instantly and you know what are you paying for.
  • Like 7

The question is who will own the copyright?? i wouldn’t want my business sharing a logo with a different business. Takes away the brand image

You can find your answer on TOS https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Fiverr offers its users the Logo Maker, which allows certain Sellers to offer various original logo designs for Buyers to adjust and customize per their own specific needs, using special automated design tools. Through the Logo Maker, Buyers purchase full commercial use rights to the Logo Design embedded with their brand name.

Logo Design Commercial use license

When an order through the Logo Maker is completed, and subject to payment, the Seller grants the

Buyer a worldwide, royalty-free, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to use the Logo Design embedded with the Buyer’s brand name for any purpose, except for any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the grant of this license, including with respect to fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the Seller nor Fiverr will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license, the Logo Design or the Buyers use of the Logo Design. For the avoidance of doubt, the Seller retains all ownership rights to the Logo Design, and no ownership or copyrights are granted to the Buyer.

• Like 9

All logos must be original work designed by the seller and never previously sold. They are only sold through the logo maker.

This new addition is great and all.

BUT.

Yup, there is a but. I’m launching a new business and I tried using this feature. The designs that was presented to me were mediocre at best. Definitely designs I’ve seen from elsewhere. :thinking: Hardcore vetting should be in place for this kind of thing. Paying $60 for a logo isn’t an issue for me, in fact it’s a steal of a deal. However, I’m not going to pay $60 for a logo that’s being sold elsewhere. This solidifies that I prefer originality; a custom logo not used by any other business or entity. It just muddies up the water!

• Like 11