The HOW? Feels unresolved

The HOW.

The buyer needs to see a clear picture of what you will be delivering before they order.

The buyer may overlook the fact that you are new if you offer faster delivery, are less expensive, are fast to respond to questions, or they have determined that your customer service and engagement may be higher because you are new and you don’t have a queue full of orders.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See giving a suggestion and being rude are two different things, and i can surely say you are being rude. You could point out someones mistakes, tell them to improve but you cant mock me. I am sorry you are wrong in your behaviour, You cant judge me and say

" There’s no worse deaf than he/she who doesn’t want to listen, and no worse blind than he/she who doesn’t want to see. 😉" this certainly isnt the truth, this is your judgment,

@zainabzaidi546, you really need to read the dictionary and make it your friend.

Proverbs concentrate Human wisdom. They summarize situations or acts of people, they are not mockeries.

And, yes, it was and still is the truth, not my judgement. I haven’t judged you and I won’t do it. Once again, the dictionary is your friend. Consider keeping it close to you.

Why didn’t I give any suggestion? Easy, because you were already given many and didn’t want to listen to them or to take them. It makes no sense repeating over and over again what others have said before.

Maybe now it’s easier for you to understand the nature of sayings (syn.: proverbs), and in this particular case, the one I chose, perfectly summarized your behaviour. Truth is not rudeness. Truth is truth, plain and simple. It might hurt. Yes! Truth always hurts, but if you’re humble enough you will learn from it.

I hope you face the karma of your own acts before judging someone when there already saying sorry and wanting to improve.

What can I say? I guess silence will be the best answer to this… :roll_eyes:

As for me, I hope for you the virtue of being humble, listening to good advice and putting them into practice. It’s for your own interest and advantage. Those who listen to advice, get old. And that, too, is a saying - we, Spanish speakers, have sayings for any occasion. 😉

Again you are making a judgment, and I surely know what a dictionary is for and also what a proverb is.

You can assume a million things about me, but you certainly have no right to pick a proverb of your choice and fit it on to me.

I clarified, said sorry and admitted my mistakes almost 10 times and here you dont even bother reading those, and assuming I do not want to hear or improve. I definitely am hearing and improving.

I said almost a thousand times, I mixed up a perception and the question together. But I guess all you can do is mock me without just knowing anything.

@hanshuber16 is never rude. Ever. His manners are a great deal better than mine … and he was only trying to help you.

Being honest isn’t rude. It’s just honest.

Your English, by the way, is very good, but not perfect. I have friends and acquaintances from both India and Pakistan whose English is much better than yours. I think part of the issue is probably that in writing, you’re trying to use formal language that doesn’t sit well here, or with you - it’s not the way you think.

You’d be much better just writing what you want to say in plain words … and they tidying it up a bit afterwards if necessary

I definitely can figure out the difference between being rude and honest.

And I also agreed to what he was trying to say, also I agree to what you said. My writing needs more practice and improvement, so thankyou for the suggestion and kind advice.

OK, so I read through the whole post, and myself being a bilingual and English being my second language, allow me to hop in.

I work as a part time translator, and back home in Japan I am an English conversation teacher.

98% of my coworkers are from the states, Canada, UK, Australia, in other words they are all native speakers. I believe my English IS fine enough to teach, but when I am actually sitting there in the staff room talking with my native coworkers, I know my English level is way lower than theirs.

I have no Japanese-ish accent, in fact if I didn’t tell them, people will assume I am Japanese-American.

But again, my English level is not as good as my coworkers, and yes, I do make mistakes from time to time. Then how in the heck did I become a teacher? How did I get hundreds of orders for my translation gig?

I believe it’s because even though I am not native and far from being “perfect,” I am at that “certain” level where people will assume I am native. How do I show people in my gig that I am at that certain level? I made sure that all the necessary details were included in the description, and I proofread it MANY times. I spent a very long time putting my gig together.

Like the others have pointed out, your description has a lot of “i” in it, which for me is out of the question, especially if you are going to call yourself a writer.

If I was looking for a writer and came across your gig, the description is enough to make me say “Nope, not this person.”

I think it was about 2 years ago or so, there was a brand new seller who shared her story here at the forum. She was a writer, just like you. I don’t remember all the details, but I DO remember her saying something like her getting her first order within days.

I got curious and checked out her gig, and I wasn’t surprised that she got her first order right away.

It was clear, well written, with the right amount of details and information.

Now to be fair, there are PLENTY of great new sellers with the right skills who are not getting their first order yet. I guess here’s where the whole marketing comes in, and a bit of luck as well.

Bottom line is, put aside the luck, put aside the marketing etc etc.

The ONE and only answer to the “HOW do you get orders” question is, be sure to be good at what you offer. I believe your English skills are good, and you are getting your point across. However, it might not be at a point where you can offer writing to others…

Thankyou so much, I guess enough information to keep me working and moving ahead.

I’d say set a low price. That’s what I did. my first gig sold for only ten dollars, and I spent a ton of time on it! Try to take courses and tests on fiverr, proof will show up on your profile, and it will make you look more trustworthy

What I really don’t understand is why you reply to every comment on here in detail and individually yet haven’t made any changes to your gig or profile.

Are you trying to get orders or win an argument?

Maybe the how is still unresolved.

What I really don’t understand is why you reply to every comment on here in detail and individually yet haven’t made any changes to your gig or profile.

Because I am researching on it, and taking my time on it. I am not trying to win an argument, its just that when people say things you tend to reply to them.

zainabzaidi546, if you are researching and in the process of rewriting your description etc,
that’s great, but every time you write thank you, you’re always typing thankyou.

You’re offering writing gigs, even though this is just a forum post, if you’re a writer
I’d assume people will be more careful.
If you’re not, that shows you are lacking professionalism.
I’m not saying you are not going to get orders and it might be something small, but buyers really pay attention to things like that.

I am surprised this thread is still alive…

I think, this is the most informative forum post in the recent time. So many users are giving such beautiful and useful information about everything that they can think of, but the person who needs to take advantage of that is diversified by the other things, arguing. These above users are the pillars of these forum, they are giving their time to give a reply to every possible user. But someone doesn’t think like that.

It’s really difficult to make someone understand what they are doing wrong and right if someone is living in their own world where only their type of answers get pass through and would be rejected as no you are wrong.

If someone would’ve give me those advices, I will the happiest person on the forum and apply those advices on my Fiverr account.

I’m closing this thread now as the OP has been given a lot of advice by many highly experienced sellers and forum regulars and its going around in circles now.

OP I hope you can take on board the great information and advice the “elders” of fiverr have shared with you. Good luck!

Archived