How does Fiverr use the private feedback?

esandmeyer

Question

After each completed purchase, I provide feedback to the seller. But then I receive an email asking for “private feedback.” Uh oh…

So let’s say, I am unhappy or critical. What happens to this feedback? How is it used? Do some people get to see it? Do sellers get thrown out of fiverr after so many negative “private” reviews?

I dislike this practice. It’s a little creepy and inappropriate.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

Sorry to hear about it! Most of the time, increasing rates can help you become more visible, so I don't think it was this alone. But then again, you need to find the right value for your buyers. If you're too expensive, the buyers won't click. If you're too cheap, you'll get bad buyers. I increase my rates with about 15% each year. Sometimes, I have to decrease it again because I take it too far. Other times, I have to increase more just to lower my workload. Gotta find that balance. But most likely, you had a few negative private reviews. Perhaps someone didn't think they got a lot of value for their money after your price increase, and voila: negative feedback. This is one of the questions they ask in the private feedback. 

I can only tell you that it's (most likely) based on the free capacity to take on new sellers combined with your level and probably your revenue/satisfaction rate. Fiverr isn't very open about these things, so we can only guess, but it would make sense to limit the service to the sellers bringing in the most dough for Fiverr. Again: it's me guessing. I don't have an "official" source on this. 

Thank you very much for your input.  I'd be extremely shocked if I was getting negative secret reviews because I get nice-sized tips on nearly every delivery!  If they had something negative to say, why would they tip?  I don't know.  This is so confusing.  My mistake was relying on Fiverr too much for my bills.  Now I'm in a predicament.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, turtlerollsadub said:

Thank you very much for your input.  I'd be extremely shocked if I was getting negative secret reviews because I get nice-sized tips on nearly every delivery!  If they had something negative to say, why would they tip?  I don't know.  This is so confusing.  My mistake was relying on Fiverr too much for my bills.  Now I'm in a predicament.

It might be from the few who doesn't tip. But keep in mind that other things affect your visibility as well, like your competition. If they are doing better than you in some way, that can also affect you. I always find it useful to watch the competition closely (without obsessing, of course!). 

There's a saying: don't keep all your eggs in one basket. This is very true and words to live by. Let's hope things improve for you soon! 

• Like 6
  • Up 3

As a buyer, can you submit private feedback even after you and the seller have rated each other? Is it then not risky to rate buyers honestly (in negative cases)? There were a couple of threads that confirmed that private negative feedback has incredibly huge effects on a gig. Suppose the client is satisfied with the work and gives 5 stars, but for the seller the cooperation was unpleasant and they make this public in a negative review and the buyer sees it on their profile; do they still have the option to leave private feedback afterwards? Just curious. In that case you could "take revenge" untruthfully.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Up 4

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds awful. So it's better not to leave a review at all or just a 5 star review to not anger the master. A private review is not a problem in itself, but the fact that it has side effects like shutting down a whole profile for up to 60 days (as you can read in the thread of @designboom ) is probably not worth leaving honest feedback with an unfriendly customer.

Edited by raghnalltuathai
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

2 hours ago, raghnalltuathai said:

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds awful. So it's better not to leave a review at all or just a 5 star review to not anger the master. A private review is not a problem in itself, but the fact that it has side effects like shutting down a whole profile for up to 60 days (as you can read in the thread of @designboom ) is probably not worth leaving honest feedback with an unfriendly customer.

The worst thing to me is that I didn`t get a negative public feedback, but just a negative private one. And from a new buyer (as far as I know, from what my success manager told me). And so I don`t know exactly what went wrong. I would rather see that the buyer is honest and when I deliver the job, they tell me if they want anything changes, that`s why revisions are for.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, designboom said:

And from a new buyer

I don't know if this is exactly how it happened, but I am often shocked at how much power Fiverr gives even new buyers over sellers who may have been active on the platform for several years. Especially with new customers on the platform that do not really understand how Fiverr works yet.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

26 minutes ago, raghnalltuathai said:

I don't know if this is exactly how it happened, but I am often shocked at how much power Fiverr gives even new buyers over sellers who may have been active on the platform for several years. Especially with new customers on the platform that do not really understand how Fiverr works yet.

Yes its crazy how important are these first-time Buyers. Those are Buyers whose very first purchase on Fiverr.  They calculate their experience separately because if they have a bad experience with a Seller during their first purchase they tend to not come back to Fiverr at all, not just to that Seller. 

And since now my gigs are nowhere to be found, I asked my success manager how the hell, I am going to improve that, if 1. I get orders only from regular clients, 2. Promotion options are disabled. He didn`t had any good advice for me rather than I had to drive my own traffic. I told him if I knew how to do that, I would not work on Fiverr and had my own design agency.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

i think some clients not to involve rate the job even after a 100% satisfaction. so i don't know how it help hidden things to decrease public demand, also

satisfaction levels are very according to the price, client requirements, clients country and attitudes about the seller. How ever all the things will help to measure the sellers among large population of sellers. because we can think, clients not going to rate because totally or partially he is not happy about the job. that is the nature

Thanks for experts ideas

• Like 6
  • Up 1

On 5/24/2019 at 11:12 AM, esandmeyer said:

After each completed purchase, I provide feedback to the seller. But then I receive an email asking for “private feedback.” Uh oh…

So let’s say, I am unhappy or critical. What happens to this feedback? How is it used? Do some people get to see it? Do sellers get thrown out of fiverr after so many negative “private” reviews?

I dislike this practice. It’s a little creepy and inappropriate.

I as well...I had to send a email to them asking if it was actually them bc I was in disbelief they would use it. They should at least hire one of their marketing sellers to word it so it doesnt sound like your in  warehouse with the mob saying "It ok, you can tell us, we just wanna help Jimmy-two times"

I legit thought it was the seller when not an hour later she msged me asking if I was satisfied with the services and communication (the 2 things that i gave an average review on, it wasnt a bad review, just didnt realize the delivery method and the gig would be done the way it was.)

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Yes, Private feedback can impact the rank of your gig. Feedback, whether positive or negative, can influence how your gig ranks in the marketplace's search results. Private feedback is not visible to the public, but it is taken into consideration by the platform's algorithm when ranking your gig. The marketplace wants to ensure that their sellers provide high-quality services, and they use feedback as one of the ways to measure that. Therefore, it is important to take all feedback seriously, including private feedback, and strive to improve the quality of your services.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last year, unfortunately, I lost the "seller plus" feature for a couple of months. While I talked to CS they told me one of my clients gave me a poor rating on private feedback. So I have lost the seller plus feature. I am not sure private feedback affects gig rating also but heard from many fellow sellers that if impacts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uiuxtanim said:

Last year, unfortunately, I lost the "seller plus" feature for a couple of months. While I talked to CS they told me one of my clients gave me a poor rating on private feedback. So I have lost the seller plus feature. I am not sure private feedback affects gig rating also but heard from many fellow sellers that if impacts.

I think this is what's happening to me currently. My gig impressions dropped from 1000+ to 100 within days and I lost the eligibility to use the Seller Plus feature also. CS said it's due to "internal factors" that they can not tell me. I'm guessing the private feedback was the cause. I'm assuming you have now recovered and can use the feature again?

• Like 2

I'm curious, How do i know that this hidden survey is available.... so i could tell my clients to fill them. I completed 5 orders. almost 2 weeks ago. hoping for my gig to go up but it didn't.. It went down instead. A friend then told me that probably "the buyer didn't give the internal review" because she gave me nice reviews.. even tipped me.. i was just lost.

• Like 2